Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I would like to make amendments to the spelling of a name. It has been brought to my attention that I have been spelling Poppy Pomfrey wrong, using a “ph” instead of “f.” From here on out, Poppy’s name in this (and all my stories) will have the correct spelling.
Chapter 15: Reunions

There was a popping noise. Severus and Draco looked up and saw Fawkes flying around the Infirmary. Fawkes started singing softly.

“Daddy.”

Severus and Draco looked down and saw that Harry was looking at them. Draco couldn’t help himself. He launched himself on the side of the bed. He landed on the pillow that Harry’s arm was resting on. Harry turned his head and looked at his brother.

“Draco, careful,” Severus chided softly.

“Harry,” Draco said. “I’m so happy you’re here. You can’t leave me again.”

“I missed you,” Harry said. His voice was no louder than a whisper. “I’m so happy to see you. I thought I would never see you again.”

“Never,” Draco said, fiercely.

“Harry,” Severus said, moving strands of Harry’s hair from his forehead.

“Daddy,” Harry said, looking over to Severus. “Why would you? You promised that I would never leave here.”

“Oh, Harry,” Severus soothed, leaning closer to the bed. “I never sent you away. Someone took you from me. The minute we were alerted that something happened we searched for you.”

“You still want me?” Harry asked, tears pooling his eyes.

“You are my son,” Severus said. “I will always want you. You are mine.”

Severus’ tone was so ferocious that Harry had to blink.

Whatever doubt that Harry had before was gone. His dad wanted him. Tears streamed down his cheeks into his hair. Severus moved closer and kissed Harry on his forehead.

Severus sat back down in the chair.

“Harry,” Severus said.

Harry looked over at his dad.

“Can you tell me what happened?”

Harry looked from his dad to Draco, who was now sitting on the edge of the bed, back to his dad.

“We were going to see Hagrid,” Harry said. “When I woke up, I was in a room. A man came in telling me that he was taking me back to my relatives. But you promised that I wasn’t going back.”

“If I could have prevented it,” Severus said, shaking his head, “I would never let you set foot on Privet Drive.”

“I asked for you,” Harry said. “He said no.”

“Who was he?” Severus asked.

“He—he said,” Harry started, furrowing his brow. “I think it was Josiah.”

A moan came from Harry and Severus figured it was enough.

“Try and get some sleep,” Severus said, combing his fingers through Harry’s hair. “We’ll talk more later.”

“I don’t want to,” Harry said. His voice started to slur.

“I promise we’ll be here when you wake up,” Severus said.

Harry shook his head. His breathing started to become erratic.

“Calm down, Harry,” Severus said, rubbing Harry’s chest. “Calm down for me.”

“Harry,” Draco said.

Harry turned and looked at his brother.

“I will not move from this spot,” Draco declared. “Can you feel my hand?”

Harry looked down and saw Draco holding his fingers. He smiled.

“Yeah,” Harry said, smiling a little.

“Well focus on feeling that,” Draco said.

“I’m glad I’m back with you,” Harry said.

“I’m glad you’re back too,” Draco said. “Get some rest. I’ll be here, little brother.”

Harry laughed a little before closing his eyes.

“I’ll be back, Dragon,” Severus said. “I’m going to get your grandparents.”

___000___000___000

Amelia was working on paperwork to file charges on whoever took Harry from Hogwarts. There was a rapid series of knocks on her door.

“Come in, Stephanie,” Amelia said, not looking up from her work.

Amelia knew that if Stephanie was knocking like that, she had information for her. Stephanie rushed in, closing and locking the door behind her.

“Well,” Amelia said, looking up when she heard the lock. “You must’ve found something interesting.”

“Does Undersecretary Umbridge strike you as interesting?” Stephanie asked. She had a huge smile on her face.

“Dolores Umbridge took Harry Potter from Hogwarts?” Amelia asked, incredulously.

“Oh, no,” Stephanie said. “She orchestrated it. She sent one of her minions to take the child.”

“Did you find out who physically removed the child?” Amelia asked.

“Yeah,” Stephanie said, nodding. “His name is Josiah.”

“I know him,” Amelia said. “I saw him taking Harry out of here.”

“Well, what he didn’t know,” Stephanie said, “there is surveillance in the room Harry was placed.”

“Did you see what was on it?”

Stephanie nodded.

___000___000___000

Severus walked into Albus’ chambers. Albus and Minerva were sitting on the sofa. Neither one was talking. Minerva looked to see who came in.

“How’s he doing?” Minerva asked.

“He woke up,” Severus said, sitting in the chair across from the sofa. “I passed Poppy on the way here; she’s going back to check on Harry and keep an eye on him and Dragon.”

“Did he say anything about what happened?” Minerva asked.

“A little,” Severus said. “I didn’t want to push him too much.”

The flames turned green, and Amelia’s voice came through.

“Albus, Minerva,” Amelia called out. “Either of you there?”

Albus stood up and walked to the hearth, cast a cushioning charm, and got on his knees.

“Have you found something out, Amelia?” Albus asked.

“I’ve found plenty,” Amelia said. “Can I come through?”

“By all means,” Albus said standing up.

A few seconds later, Amelia was walking through.

“Severus,” Amelia said, when she saw Severus sitting in the room. “How is Harry?”

“He’s healing,” Severus said. “Draco’s with him. I don’t think the boy will leave Harry’s side.”

“I’m glad he’s here healing,” Amelia said. “I also found some things out about who and why Harry was taken. Undersecretary Umbridge didn’t like that Harry Potter was with Severus. She wanted to take him away from you. Talking about your time as a Death Eater.”

“As much as that hurts,” Severus said. “It is known that I was forced to take that mark. But I used it as an advantage and became a spy for the Light.”

“You don’t have to explain it to me,” Amelia said. “I know the help you secured for us was essential for a lot of arrests of known Death Eaters.”

“Are they going to try again?” Minerva asked.

“No,” Amelia said. “I will make sure of that.”

“Thank you,” Severus said. Amelia nodded.

“Oh, and I did find out who took Harry from here and to his relatives,” Amelia said, smirking.

“Who?” Severus asked with a glint of fury in his eye.

“His name is Josiah Yaxley,” Amelia said. “Corban Yaxley’s son.”

“I know who you’re talking about,” Severus said. “He’s a punk that likes to hurt those who can’t fight for themselves.”

“I’m going to head back,” Amelia said. “I just wanted to tell you the news I found out.”

“Thank you, Amelia,” Albus said.

Amelia nodded. She walked over to Severus bent down and whispered something in his ear. Minerva and Albus watched as their son’s face turned cold and harsh. When she stood up, Severus looked up at her and dipped his head. Without another word, she floo’ed back to her office.

Severus sat back and thought about what he was going do Mr. Josiah Yaxley.

“Severus,” Minerva said. She had a warning in her tone. “Severus, let it go.”

Severus said nothing. He just looked at Minerva.

___000___000___000

Poppy walked in the Infirmary. She smiled when she saw Draco with Harry and the two of them talking.

“Well, hello,” Poppy said, walking over to the other side of the bed. “How are you feeling? Do you need another pain reliever potion?” She leaned down and assessed her patient.

“Hi, Madam Pomfrey,” Harry said, softly. “It’s okay. It just aches a little.”

“Well, I won’t give you but a little,” Poppy said. “For a while I don’t want you to have any pain. Your body needs to heal, and it can’t do that if you are in constant pain. Be right back.”

Harry looked over at his brother and saw that there was something on his mind that he was trying not to talk about.

“What is it?” Harry asked.

Draco looked at Harry and for the first time, there were tears in his eyes. It was the first mention of pain. Hearing that just broke his heart more because Harry had to live through that.

“Look, baby brother,” Draco said, trying to keep his voice from shaking. “I can’t help you if you don’t say anything.”

“What are you talking about?” Harry asked.

“You should have said that you were feeling pain,” Draco replied. “If I knew that I would have went and gotten Uncle Sev or Madam Pomfrey. You have to tell me these things!”

Harry blinked. He had never heard Draco be like this: overprotective. Deep down it felt great knowing that there was someone that cared about him so much that he didn’t want to hurt. But there was still a small part that didn’t think anyone would worry so much about him. He looked up at Draco and saw the tears streaming down his face.

“Don’t cry,” Harry said. “I’ll tell you. I promise.”

Draco looked at Harry. He wanted to make sure Harry would talk to him. It didn’t matter if he did or not. Draco was going to make sure from now on that Harry would be looked after. He just couldn’t lose another family member.

“Good,” Draco said, wiping his face of the tear streaks. “Now, lets change the subject.”

“Okay.”

“Your birthday, of course” Draco said. “We were supposed to talk about it and go to Grandpa Albus about it.”

Harry smiled. “Yeah,” Harry said. “What should I ask for?”

“Leave that to me,” Draco said. “You just decide who you want to come.”

“Oh,” Harry said, looking down.

“What is it?” Draco asked.

“Are you going to be nice to my friends?” Harry asked.

“Well, I know I’m going to be surrounded by a bunch of stupid lions but for you I guess I can live through it,” Draco said, exasperatedly. He put his hand on his forehead as if he was going to faint.

Harry laughed.

“Do you want to invite some of your friends?” Harry asked. “I don’t want you to feel left out. I know how that feels.”

Draco was surprised by that question. He didn’t expect that but loved it at the same time.

“We’ll see,” Draco said. “Grandpa Albus has to approve it first. He may just want to keep it the people that are already here.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, nodding. “That’s true. Well even if he does, I still would have fun.”

The boys’ conversation was cut off when Poppy walked back over with a phial and a spoon. While she gave Harry his dose, the Infirmary doors opened. Draco expected to see Uncle Sev or Grandpa Albus.

“Pomfrey, I need you to give me these supplies,” a voice demanded.

Poppy sighed after closing the phial and putting in on the side table. Harry and Draco saw a man walk towards the matron. He had a purple robe with a golden sash draped over on shoulder and tied to the opposite waist. His hair looked like it had a full jar of gel on it. It looked stiff to Harry and Draco. Harry recognized him instantly. He didn’t like him when he first met him, and he knew he wouldn’t like him now.

Poppy took the parchment from Lockhart and read it.

“You must have me confused,” Poppy said, thrusting the parchment back. “I don’t supply you with these items.”

“You are the matron of this establishment, right?” Lockhart asked.

“I am,” Poppy said. “But I do not give out my supplies to anyone. They are here for the students if they should need it.”

“You ignorant woman,” Lockhart said, harshly.

Draco and Harry gasped at what the man said. Lockhart turned and saw that the adults weren’t the only ones in the Infirmary.

“A little early for taking in students, wouldn’t you say?” Lockhart sneered.

“Who I have in here is none of your business,” Poppy said, coolly. “Now if you’re done making a scene, leave.”

“How dare you?” Lockhart roared.

Harry and Draco saw Poppy roll her eyes at the dramatics of the man standing in front of her. Draco looked at Harry, and both boys started to snicker. In the hopes that they could hold in their laughter.

Lockhart walked over to the bed. Harry immediately stopped laughing when he saw the angry face of the man. Draco noticed the change in Harry’s face. Draco stood and faced the man. He stood tall like his father taught him.

“How dare you laugh at me,” Lockhart roared at Harry. “Yes, I remember you. You were very rude to me.”

Harry swallowed trying to hide his fear. His daddy wasn’t here. Grandpa Albus wasn’t here. Draco was here, but Harry didn’t think that Draco could stop the man if the man really wanted to hurt him.

Lockhart gripped Harry’s wrist, causing the child to scream out in pain. Draco jumped into action hitting and kicking the man away from his brother. Gilderoy used his other hand and pushed Draco on the opposite bed. It took a minute for the blond child to regain his footing.

Draco was determined to protect Harry. Harry had been through enough pain, and he didn’t need this man causing him more.

“Let. Him. Go,” Severus said. His baritone voice permeated throughout the entire room.

Poppy had fire-called Albus’ chambers wanting the adults to get to the Infirmary.

Hearing the new voice, Gilderoy let go of Harry’s wrist and turned to face the man.

“You need to teach this brat some manners,” Gilderoy sneered.

Severus was in the man’s face in the next breath. It surprised everyone, especially Gilderoy, at how fast Severus stood in front of the man.

“I have had a trying day,” Severus growled softly. “If you want to live through the rest of this day, then I suggest you get your pompous, arrogant, glory-hogging ass away from my boys.”

Gilderoy swallowed. The intensity in Severus’ eyes cowered the man. He had never been threatened before and prided himself of taking care of any person that stood up to him. But the look in Severus’ eyes showed that the Potions Master meant every word that came out of his mouth.

Gilderoy took a step back.

“I don’t want to have the conversation again,” Severus said in the same tone. “You will leave my boys alone.”

Gilderoy looked around and saw that there was no one who would take his position of the situation. He saw that both the Headmaster and the Deputy Headmistress were also in the Infirmary. Gilderoy knew that this didn’t look good. He needed to keep his job. And if he had to swallow his pride for a time, then he would.

“Forgive me,” Gilderoy said, taking a small bow. “I lost my head for a moment. It will not happen again.”

“It has been a long day for all of us,” Albus said, talking for the first time. “We will leave it at this for now. I expect you in my chambers in the morning explaining what took place in here.”

Gilderoy bowed again and walked out of the Infirmary without saying a word.

Once the man was gone, Severus rushed over to Harry to see how he was doing. Poppy was already fussing over the child, checking on his wrist. She wanted to make sure that Gilderoy didn’t cause any more damage.

Severus sat down on the side of Harry’s bed and leaned over the child.

“Are you alright, son?” Severus asked.

“Yeah,” Harry nodded. “I’m fine.”

Albus and Minerva walked over to the bed. Harry smiled once he saw his grandparents. Seeing them made everything that just happen disappear. Deep down Harry was happy to be back home. Poppy spooned Harry another dose, giving it to Severus to feed the child. Harry took it dutifully and sighed.

“Get some rest,” Severus said.

Harry nodded. After all the excitement, Harry was a little drained.

“Draco,” Minerva said. “Let’s get you to bed as well.”

“Can I stay down here?” Draco asked. “I don’t want Harry to believe that he’s alone.”

Minerva looked at Poppy, and the matron nodded her head.

“Alright,” Albus said. He waved his wand on the next bed making it a little more comfortable for the boy. “Go get changed,” waving his wand giving Draco a pair of pajamas, “I’ll wait here and tuck you in.”

Draco smiled and ran to the back room. It might have seemed childish wanting to be tucked in, but Draco loved the fact that someone loved him enough to wish him pleasant dreams. Draco returned to see that his Grandpa Albus connected Harry’s cot and now Draco’s cot together.

“We thought you would like it if Harry could feel that someone was next to him,” Minerva said.

Draco ran to the bed and jumped in. Harry was dozing but when he felt the bed shake a little, he opened his eyes and saw that Draco was next to him.

“G’night Dray,” Harry slurred.

“‘night,” Draco said.

Minerva tucked the blanket up to Draco’s shoulders, leaned down and kissed the boy’s head. She walked over and kissed Harry’s head. Albus and Minerva walked out of the Infirmary. Poppy went to her office.

Severus stayed for a while. He just wanted to watch his boys. Both of his boys. Severus was angry. Yes, finding Gilderoy manhandling his son upset the Potions Master, but Severus was enraged before that. Amelia whispered something very disturbing in his ear.

Josiah Yaxley better watch his back because Severus was coming for him.

TBC