Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Stealth

“Harry, are you sure about this?” Hermione asked nervously, as they both moved along, crouching under Harry’s invisibility cloak.

“Sssh, yes,” he whispered, heart battering against his rib cage, as he waved his wand at the keyhole.

“Snape is already suspicious of us.”

“Well, after what he was willing to do to Sirius, he deserves it,” Harry angrily whispered.

“And since we still have the time-turner,” he said darkly, “I say, let’s exact a little revenge of our own.”

Hermione raked a slender hand through her bushy hair.

“You scare me sometimes.” She furrowed her brow and narrowed her eyes at him. “Are you sure that you didn’t bribe the hat to put you into Gryffindor? You really do seem more like a Slytherin at times.”

Harry chuckled. “No…no bribing, just a lot of begging.”

Hermione’s jaw dropped.

“What?”she exclaimed sharply. “You’re not serious?”

“Very,” Harry said slyly. “It even said that Slytherin would put me on the road to greatness.”

Hermione exhaled deeply.

“Now I don’t feel so bad.”

“Wait, what? You don’t mean…”

“Yes, the Hat wanted to put me in Slytherin as well.”

“Okay, now you’re putting me on.”

Hermione shook her head. “No, I’m quite serious.”

“Wow! Can you imagine the grief that we could have given Snape if we both had of been placed in his House?”

“Alohamora,’ Harry whispered quickly. Harry jumped back, as the door unexpectedly creaked open.

“I don’t know Harry,” Hermione said nervously. “That was a little too easy. It is not like Snape to leave his storeroom unprotected like that.”

“You worry too much Hermione,” he said confidently.

“I do believe that you’re little friend is right Potter,” a silky voice echoed in the dark room.