Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter
A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story.
A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Chapter 3
Chapter 3

“Might I have a word, my boy?”

Severus looked at him. Albus Dumbledore was the last person he'd expect to be at his front door. Severus tightened his hold on the child in his arms. Albus looked through his half moon glasses, then tilted his head and looked over the top of them.

“Are you going to invite me in?” Albus asked the dumbstruck Potion master before him. Before receiving an answer, Albus walked into the small house.

Severus closed the door, turned, and watched Albus walk into his sitting room.

“Headmaster,” Severus said, finding his voice. “What are...”

“Severus, my boy,” Albus started, his back to Severus. “Is there something that you want to tell me?” Albus turned and looked at Severus. “Cancel the Disillusionment charm.” Severus was about to shake his head no, when Albus walked over to him and put his hand on his Potion professor's arm. “I know you were at the Potter's house.”

Severus was never one to show emotion, but in the last few hours, he felt that he'd cried more now than he'd ever had his entire life. Hearing the man he'd considered a mentor tell him he knew, Severus couldn't help the tears that began to burn the back of his throat remembering how his best, his only, friend lay dead on the floor.

“It's all my fault,” Severus cried. “She's dead because of me.”

“Now, now,” Albus soothed. “Someone is at fault for their deaths and it is certainly not you, my boy.” Squeezing his hold on Severus' arm as he talked. “But there is something that you took, or rather someone.”

Severus, who had his head down, looked up at the man who became a father figure towards him.

“Cancel the Disillusionment charm,” Albus ordered. “And give him here.”

Severus took a step back, canceling the charm. As the charm disappeared, Albus could see the small child wrapped in Severus' arms.

When Albus first walked into the Potter's house and saw that Harry was missing, he thought the worst; Harry must be dead. But now, seeing the small child in Severus' arms, clinging to his robes, a small sigh escaped the elderly wizard's lips.

“Why did you take him, Severus?”

Severus looked down at the baby in his arms. Why did he take him? He'd never met Harry before this night. Actually, he was never welcomed inside the Potter's home.

“I couldn't leave him there,” Severus whispered. “Potter was dead. Lily was.....gone. I couldn't leave the child there.”

Albus walked over towards Severus. “Give him to me.”

Severus looked at Albus. There was almost a pleading Albus saw in his eyes. He didn't want to release the child.

“Severus, my boy, you can't keep him. He doesn't belong with you.”

“I'm his godfather,” Severus blurted out.

“No,” Albus said, shaking his head. “Sirius is Harry's Godfather. Not you.”

“Lily named me Harry's Godfather. He will stay with me.” Severus was getting more bold has he talked.

“Lily would never go against James. Not with this.”

“I am Harry's Godfather. Lily said it. He will not go to that mutt. Not now! Not ever!” Severus voice was becoming increasingly louder.

Harry, not liking the increasing noise around him, began to mewl and struggle in Severus' arms. Small whimpering could be heard and Severus' attention quickly left the Headmaster in front of him and went to the small child in his arms, shushing and slightly bouncing his arms as to soothe the small babe, pacing back and forth. After a few minutes an increasingly fussy baby began to calm down. Once the child calmed down, Harry fell back asleep this time, more cocooned in the black fabric of the Potion Master's robes. Once Severus was assured that Baby Harry was back asleep and would not wake again, he looked back at the man he saw almost like a father to resume his original argument only to find the insufferable man standing there, his eyes twinkling madly.

“I think you better come with me, Severus.”

“What are you planning, old man?” Severus looked skeptical.

“My biggest concern is the safety of Harry. But I think I know how to do that and maybe save my boys as well. Both of my boys.”

__________0000___________00000_______________00000___________0000_________0000____

“LET ME OUT OF HERE! I HAVE TO FIND MY GODSON!! ALBUS PLEASE!”

Before Albus left, he had released Sirius from his bonds, but would not let him leave the room. When Sirius confessed who had taken Harry, he had hoped that Albus would let him join him in retrieving his godson from that slimy bastard, but how wrong his was. Albus might have released the bonds, but he didn't let the body bind off until he was out of the room. When Sirius rushed towards the door, he realized that it was locked and he couldn't leave.

It seemed like an eternity that Sirius was locked inside that room. But all was silent when he heard the distinct sound of the Floo network flaring up.

“Sit down,” Sirius heard the Headmaster say. The animagus heard more talking but couldn't make out what was said, as it was quieter than the original order of sitting down. He then heard footsteps getting closer towards the room. Sirius stood back and allowed the door to open. Albus walked in the room, while pushing Sirius to back up further in the room, Albus closed the door.

“Now, Sirius, before we go inside, I want your promise that you will act your age. You will not let you past rule your future. Is that understood?”

Sirius could hear the no nonsense in his mentor's voice.

“What's going on? Who's here?”

“I will tell you the same thing I told our guest. You will be civil. I will not have yelling as it will scare Harry.”

“Harry's here,” Sirius cut Albus off from talking. “Bring him here. Let me see him. Please, Albus.”

Albus raised his had to stop the barrage of questions from Sirius.

“Please Sirius, let me finish. As I was saying, you will sit down and we all will discuss what the best course of action for Harry is. Now do not make me angry or you will not have any say as to what will happen as I will ask you to leave my chambers. Understood?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Good. Now, Severus...”

“Snape,” Sirius cut Albus off once again. “What's that slimy git doing here? He STOLE Harry in the first place.”

“I believe one of my rules was that you will be civil.” Albus' voice was low, but Sirius did not miss the hint of anger in it. “If you cannot be civil then you can stay here and we alone will discuss Harry's placement. Without you. The decision is yours. But if you go out there, you better not disappoint me.”

Sirius looked down at his shoes, feeling like a chastised little boy. He didn't want to be in the same room with Snivellous, but he didn't want to be left out of his Godson's life either.

“Oh, one other thing,” Albus said pulling Sirius from his musing. “I think I'll continue to hold on to your wand.”

“But...but Albus,” Sirius stammered. “I must be able to defend myself.”

“The only one that will have a wand will be me. I've already relieved Severus of his wand.” Albus said.

Sirius sighed.

“Wonderful,” Albus smiled. “Now, come, my boy, we have much to talk about.”

Albus wrapped his arm around Sirius' shoulders and the two wizards walked back into Albus' office.

Severus was sitting in one of the chairs with Harry in his arms. To say that both wizards were shocked when they walked into the office was an understatement. Severus was asleep. His head leaning back against the seat rest. He was cradling Harry tightly in his arms.

How dare you, Severus? You were my most loyal. Now, look at you. Sniveling like some uncouth wretch,” hissed the voice.

I am not loyal to you. You killed her,” Severus said. “You promised to keep her safe.”

Severus felt the baby moving against his chest. Harry, lifted his head and looked at the Potion master, his eyes were again blood red.

You disappoint me, Severus,” the hissing voice said coming from the baby in his arms. “And you will pay. Crucio.”

Severus felt every nerve in his body ignite in white hot pain. He could feel his grip tightening around the baby in his arms, but didn't have the strength to move them. He could hear laughter while he writhe in pain in the chair.

Severus' body tensed up in the chair, surprising both Albus and Sirius. Severus was gripping Harry's body so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. Instantly, both wizards sprang into action. They were trying to loosen his grip on the baby to get Harry away from Severus. It was proving to be harder than it initially seemed. Once Albus pried Severus' hands off of Baby Harry, Sirius reached down and took Harry from Severus. In the instant of Sirius removing Harry, Severus' body slacked against the chair. He began regain consciousness. When he opened his eyes, he saw the worried look on both Sirius' and Albus' faces.

“What's going on?” Severus asked, looking at a bewildered Albus. He then noticed a slight difference of weight and looked at Sirius. “Give me back my Godson.”

TBC

Chapter End Notes:
A/N: Thank you to everyone that reviewed, favored and followed this story. Please leave a review and let me know what you think.
Many hugs and kisses to you all
Mandancie :)
Please follow my Mandancie page on Facebook and Tumblr.