Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter was a bit shorter than I intended, but I felt like it was a good place to break before the next one. Hope you enjoy it.
Chapter 1

 It was drizzling outside by the time the student's left the magical green house where they had spent their entire Herbology class looking for Invisible Snookets hiding among the flowers. Harry shivered in the mild cold.

"Right miserable weather," Ron lamented.

Even Hermione agreed with a silent nod, rubbing her arms.

"I saw you didn't find a single Snooket, Potter. Must be going blind," Draco's sneer was audible.

The trio shared annoyed looks, but kept walking forward. It was usually best to ignore Malfoy, but this time he wasn't going to be shook off so easily.

"Those muggles of yours didn't seem to take very good care of you. I suppose it must be their fault. You're probably pretty happy they're dead, huh?" the blond hair boy said in a teasing tone.

Harry stopped in his tracks, just inside the castle square, and turned slowly to face Malfoy. The Gryffindor's face was white and his hands were clenched at his sides. Ron and Hermione took a stand on either side of their friend, ready to help if things escalated.

"What did you say?" Harry asked slowly, his voice deceptively calm.

Draco looked a bit taken back by the pure rage in Harry's green gaze, but it was too late to back down without looking like an idiot. Malfoy shifted his weight and stuck his chin up in the air.

"You heard me. You're glad they're dead. Hell, you're the reason they're dead anyway. The Dark Lord-"

That was as far as Draco got before Harry roared and rushed forward, wand forgotten in the rush of anger that filled him. He might not have liked the Dursley's, but their deaths had weighed him down for months. All of the pain and guilt that had been festering inside all that time finally had an outlet.

Harry's first punch landed squarely on Draco's nose. Blood gushed down the front of the blond boy's robes, but Harry was beyond the point of caring. He kept hitting, knuckles connecting time after time with the Slytherin's face, neck, upper torso.

"Harry, stop!" Hermione shouted.

"C'mon, mate, that's enough!" Ron added, his eyes wide. "Stop before you kill him."

That was enough to make Harry hesitate and that was all the chance Draco needed to spring away, drawing his wand. A spell shot through the air and missed Harry by inches.

By now students were yelling, a circle forming around the two fighters. Ron and Hermione were trying to both hold back the Slytherins and reach Harry.

"Hey, What's goin' on 'here?" a booming voice interrupted.

Hagrid lumbered into view and stepped into the circle just as Draco let off another spell. Instead of hitting its intended target, the purple magic collided with the half-giant who had taken another huge step forward. Draco made a "meep!" of horror before being dragged backward by Knot and Goyle. The blond boy's face was a mesh of bruises and oozing cuts, blood still trickling out of his nose.

Harry, untouched, stood breathing heavily and staring at Hargrid. Something was happening. The purple light of the spell was growing to encompass the large man's entire body.

"Wha's this?" Hagrid had just enough time to ask before a brilliant white light flashed.

The students shielded their eyes from the blaze of light. When it faded, only the half-giant's clothes were left, collapsed in a pile of brown and gray cloth. Harry was the first to see movement inside the clothes. Gasps rang out in the square when two huge blue eyes peeked out of the shirt's sleeve hole.

"Where's mum?" a scared, little voice asked.

Hermione's jaw dropped open as she realized what had happened.

"Great bloody Merlin, he's been deaged!" Ron exclaimed a moment later.

Panic erupted as students screamed, ran, or cried in response to the obvious truth. The boy in the clothes couldn't have been more than five, but he was tall for his age and chubby around the cheeks.

"Mum?" Tears were starting to sparkle in the corners of little Hagrid's eyes. "Where's mum? Mummy!"

Harry ran forward and knelt next to the boy. "Shh. Shhh, it's going to be okay. Do you know who I am?"

"Deaging means a regression of all memories, Harry," Hermione spoke up, coming to stand next to his shoulder. "Hagrid won't know anything more than he did at that age. We need to get him to Pomfrey."

"What is going on here?" Snape swept into the square, looking around at the panicking students. His gaze froze on Harry, little Hagrid, Hermione, and Ron. The headmaster's face fell and he strode over to them with a resigned sigh. "Who deaged him?"

"Draco!" Harry spat the name, his anger returning full force.

"Harry, calm down," his father commanded sternly.

The boy took a calming breath and then another, but it only helped a bit.

"He's right," Ron spoke up, "Draco did cast the spell, but...well...I'm not sure if he knew what he was doing exactly."

Snape pinched the bridge of his nose and squinted over at Harry who looked abashed. "You'll tell me everything that happened, but, first we need to get Hagrid into the infirmary and-Holy Goddess! Draco!" The headmaster's usual calm slipped when he caught sight of Draco's swollen, damaged face.

Knot nodded his chin in Harry's direction. "He did this! And Draco didn't do nothing to deserve it neither."

Harry ducked away from his father's horrified look. Snape took a moment to replace his mask of cool indifference. "Hermione, Ron, Knot, Goyle, Harry, Draco, and Hagrid to the infirmary. The rest of you report to your next class. Dismiss!"

The student's scattered leaving behind only the seven students he had named. They looked different degrees of guilty and angry, except Hagrid who had burst into loud sobs with fat tears pouring down his face. Snape came to a decision and, with not a little displeasure, picked up the young half-giant and carried him inside. The others followed mutely.  

Chapter End Notes:
Please, review and let me know what you think. :) Thanks for reading!