Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 1
The 14th of July and already Harry Potter was in a bad shape, barely two weeks after leaving Hogwarts, which at this point in his life was his only safe haven.

Hogwarts, weird name for a place isn’t it well that’s because it wasn’t a normal place .Hogwarts is a place for people that were a little more than ordinary and Harry Potter was not an ordinary boy.See Harry Potter was a wizard and he had known this since his 11th birthday when a half-giant came knocking down his door and telling him that he was a wizard.

Harry’s relatives, the Dursleys despised anything ‘Freakish’ and unfortunately for Harry he fit into that category.For as long as he could remember Harry Potter was the Dursley’s houself.He had to do all the chores around the house, cook all the meals, do all the cleaning and most important of all, pretend he didn’t exist….or else.

This year was no different and Harry Potter currently sat in his room, nursing multiply wounds which were a supposedly good bye ‘gift’ from his family.The Dursley’s had packed up and left 3 days ago now but it was not until now that Harry realised he was left all alone locked in this room in a place he would NEVER call home.

A noise sounded from downstairs and Harry bolted upright suddenly more alert than he thought possible in his current state.Another noise was heard and Harry moved slowly to his feet fingering his wand in his hand.

The next noise was much closer and Harry barely had any time to react before the door to the room slammed open.

“Harry” a voice whispered from behind a lit wand

Harry was glad for a mere moment a Remus Lupin, Harry’s former teacher and his parents friend’s head emerged from the darkness but that was gone in a flash as he noted Remus’s facial expression and he realised just how bad he must have looked.

Lupin rushed forward reaching desperately for Harry’s face but reared back as if he was whipped when Harry flinched.

“Sorry” Remus whispered “What happened?”

Harry shook his head and turned to look out his window.Remus got the idea and let it go fairly quick yet Harry knew he was just dying to get answers.

“I have to get you to Dumbledore” Lupin continued

Harry nodded and concealed a flinch as Lupin grabbed his shoulder apparating him on the spot.