Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 2
Dumbledore was very much awake when Remus and Lupin finally flooed into his office after having to apparate to Hogsmeade and then floo from the 3 broomsticks.

“Harry, my dear boy what had has happened to you?” Dumbledore asked the twinkle dead in his blue eyes

“Nothing sir” Harry mumbled in response too ashamed to look at the man after he had trashed his office at the end of the last school year.

“Was it your relatives?” Remus cut in eyeing Harry closely

Harry didn’t respond instead choosing to close his eyes and picture himself ten thousand miles away not having this conversation.

Dumbledore cleared his throat bringing Harry to the present “The wards have fallen at Privet drive” He said “And your relatives are nowhere to be found, for your own safety I am sending you to a place called Twisted Oak, it’s on the coast in Northern Ireland and is practically witch and wizard free, you will be safe there and there is somebody already there to look after you”

Harry eyed Dumbledore nervously at this last part “Who exactly is there?”

Dumbledore refused to meet Harry’s eyes as he replied “Professor Snape”

“Absolutely not” Harry retorted standing up “I do not need to be cared for especially not by that person who couldn’t look after a toad”

“Professor Snape is perfectly capable, he too is there for his own protection and you will both be safe”

“What happened to him?” Harry questioned

“In short” Dumbledore answered “His position was compromised and he was left for dead by deatheaters who threw him into a lake after hurting him in nearly every possible way,had he not had is portkey which brought him to a place I could get to him from, he would be dead now”

“How long has he been at Twisted Oak?”

“Three days. he went there after been cleared by Madam Pomfrey, but I am sure he is still sore and needs rest so I expect you to behave Harry” Dumbledore spoke

“I still don’t want to go” Harry mumbled

“You have no choice” Dumbledore replied

Harry shot a fleeting glance at Remus who nodded before turning back to Dumbledore and nodding his own head.

“Come then” Dumbledore said beckoning Harry forward “We will return to Hogsmeade before portkeying to Twisted Oak.