Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 4
Once Harry had finished his meal, eating a mere half of Snape began to speak

"While we are living together, I expect your best will be no talking back, you will do as you are told and you WILL stay out of trouble"

Harry nodded keeping his eyes on the table

"I suggest you do some homework each day as well because I expect it done within a are free to roam as you wish, you can go outside, to the beach but make sure you stay within sight of the house and if it is bad weather there is a library or stuff in the attic to keep you entertained" Snape continued "The study is off limits to you without me and my bedroom is also banned unless it is an emergency"

Harry nodded once again and Snape waved his hand in a dismissive way, taking the advice of this gesture Harry left the room.

The first two days were surprising peaceful in Twisted Oak as both inhabitants tended to avoid each other only meeting at meal times during which no words were exchanged.Harry ended up moping around a lot and getting lost in his studies for most of his days which confused Snape to no end.When he wasn't studying he was outside or in his room staring into nothingness, he was also clearly not sleeping as he had huge bags under his eyes giving him an almost haunted look.

Snape had finally reached his breaking point with the mopey teen and a conversation was brought up at dinner.

"You need to talk Potter" Snape said

Harry's eyes snapped up and he glared at his profesor "I need to do nothing of the sort, I can deal with this , I am fine" Harry said putting emphasis on the fine.

"You cannot handle everything yourself,you cannot do everything alone" Snape snapped glaring at the moody teen before him who had started moving his food around his plate.

Harry glanced up at his professor once again suddenly angry and his fork cluttered to his plate as he stood down at Snape he snapped "I did alright for eleven years you git" not thinking the slightest about the information he just released "I'm sure I can do just fine now because I AM FINE AND I AM ALWAYS FINE.I can handle everything just fine by myself and I don't need help" Harry finished quietly walking out of the room.

Snape sighed once the teen exited the room and stored away the information from the conversation for another time eventually they would have to discuss Harry's relatives which Dumbledore had explained his theories about and his godfather which Dumbledore had expressed to Snape with concern as he was sure the boy was not dealing with his was not looking forward to it but it had to be done as the boy could not shoulder everything alone.

Slowly Snape got to his feet and banished away the dishes, deciding to head to his room and read a good book, he left the kitchen.