Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 12
Chapter 12

In the last three months Harry had improved a lot, he could Occlude his mind properly except for the night, his duelling skills were much better, and he mastered both wandless and non-verbal magic.

Everyday, he would go to the Library to have new books, and then he would go to the Common Room to read, and when he didn't feel like doing so, he would go to the Room of Requirements to exercise. Their workout with Snape was very intense, but Harry thought that only once a week shouldn't really make him much stronger, so he would do it one or two days per week alone. It could be seen now, his arms and legs were not skinny as they use to be, but muscular, he had abs and his back muscles were much bigger, too.

That night, after working out, he went back to the Griffindor Tower to shover and study. He read for one and a half hours before his eyes started to close.

-----

It was dark, but the moonlight shone through the windows. Dark cloacked figures stood in a circle around a throne with a man sitting in it. The scene was familiar, but Harry wasn't sure why until the man in the throne spoke.

"My dear servants, I called you because I have a brilliant idea," the man who Harry recognised now as Voldemort said.

"We will surprise the 'Light' side with an attack against Hogwarts. When everyone's in the Great Hall, you will burst in and curse anyone in your ways. Then, I will come in to kill Harry Potter. He's not powerful enough to beat me, and Dumbledore will be so surprised about our early assault, that he won't be able to fight properly. He's too old to duel anyway, he could never win," he said. He always was too arrogant to notice that anybody could be powerful enough to fight him.

Voldemort must have felt that Harry was in his head, because in the next moment white-hot pain seared though his scar and blinded him.

'Ah, Harry, weren't you taught not to eavesdrop on other people's discussions?' Voldemort said inside Harry's head, and the next moment he was thrown out of the scene.

-----

Harry woke up screaming, his hands on his bleeding scar. The students, who was sleeping, rushed in from their dormitories into the Common Room, and McGonagall quickly followed them. Hermione and Ron were already at Harry's side, pale as a sheet. Every student stood worriedly, some of them looking green at having seen so much blood.

"Potter, what happened?" McGonagall asked him.

"V-vision... must tell... Dumble-dore..." his voice was erratic.

"Weasley, infrom Professor Dumbledore that we'll be there in a bit, please," Ron took off in a run.

When Hermione and McGonagall managed to get him to Dumbledore's office, Snape was already there with Ron.

"Harry, my boy, what's wrong?"

Harry didn't anwser, instead, he tapped his forefinger to his temple and his memory appeared in the form of a slivery stipe between his temple and finger. He stumbled over to the Pensieve and spilled the silvery memory into the bowl. Dumbledore went to watch the memory, but Harry motioned for Snape and McGonagall to watch it too.

"It might be better if all of you see it," he said.

After some minutes, Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall had watched it.

"Well, it's very unnerving I must say, but I must also thank you for informing us, Harry."

Harry nodded, "We must have everyone out of the castle when he decides to attack."

"We don't know yet when that will be, but you're right, Mr Potter," said McGonagall.

"Anyway, your scar must be treated, and we have time till Voldemort's assault."

"I'll give him potions," everyone looked at Snape, who hadn't said anything until this.

"All right. Harry, I believe Severus will also help you to repair your connection with Voldemort, so that you'll be able to see his plan and you can tell us."

"Okay. Good night, Headmaster, Professor McGonagall," Harry nodded to them and his friends.

Snape Flooed to his chambers with Harry and told him to sit down while he gathered the potions. When he returned, he had three vials and a bottle of light blue salve.

"Drink this and that," he held out two vials, one filled with bright pink liquid, the other with a foul-smelling elixir.

"I'll clear and heal you scar, Mr Potter," he told Harry while he Scourgified the blood from Harry's face, hands and clothes. Then he unscrewed the top of the bottle and took a bit of the slave on his fore-, middle- and ring finger.

Harry was startled when Snape touched his forehead, but relaxed slightly when the cream eased the itching in his scar. Snape's gentle movements surprised him; he never thought that such a man like Snape could be so tender. Finally, Snape finished applying the salve and he straightened up and handed Harry the last vial.

"Drink," he ordered and when Harry drank it and stood up to go, Snape held up a hand.

"Wait, Potter. We must discuss how we're going to know about the Dark Lord's complete plan."