Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 7
Chapter 7

Six Order of the Phoenix members and a dozen Aurors were standing at the Gates of Hogwarts. They were standing in a semi-circle around Dumbledore and Harry. It was only 3 am, but even in the original plan they were going to rescue Snape at night, so no one complained about it.

"I will cast the Disillusionment charms. We'll leave in twenty minutes so get ready."

After twelve minutes they were fully prepared, and so they Apparated to the Apparition point closest to Malfoy Manor. Dumbledore raised his wand, tapped everyoneone's head, and they disappeared.

"While you get there, Harry and I will already have weakened the wards. Good luck everyone."

When the Aurors and the four Order members were heading to the Manor, Dumbledore turned to Harry.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, sir."

They raised their wands and began to say the long incantation, which Dumbledore taught Harry when they made the plan, over an over. The huge dome of the ward glowed in silver and light blue, and cracks made their way from the ground to the top of the dome. They had been doing this for three minutes, and the charm was still up. The Aurors would be reaching the Manor soon, and they would not be able to get in.

After five minutes, there was a loud crack and a long fraction appeared on the dome. It would break soon. They kept repeating the incantation for a few more moments, and then, the dome of blue and silvery lights shattered and fell. Harry had never seen such a strong shield, and was impressed.

-----

Two days after, Lucius came in the cell and he and Severus sneaked out of the Tower. The few Death Eaters they encountered were Stunned by Lucius, so they had a clear path.

Until they reached the second floor.

-----

"Wormtail, go and see what happened with Lucius. He had been gone for quite a while," the Dark Lord said with narrowed eyes.

"Y-yes, my Lord," Wormtail rushed out of the room, only to find Lucius. And the traitor.

"My Lord! My Lord!" He squeaked, "The t-traitor broke out!"

Voldemort stood up with his wand raised in his hand and walked over to the door. Lucius and their prisoner was, indeed, in front of him. Wormtail was already Stunned, and his wand was in Severus' hand. Voldemort was just about to kill them, when Crabbe and Goyle senior ran to him, yelling from where they were.

"My Lord! The Order of the Phoenix broke in! Harry Potter is here!"

Then, all hell broke loose. The Aurors and Order members were cursing the Death Eathers, and Severus was fighting the Dark Lord with Lucius.

Then, there was a shot of white light, and such powerful magic filled the air that the windows broke and it was hard to breath.

All heads turned to the source of the power, and Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore looked back at them.

They raised their wands and started duelling with Voldemort while Lucius helped Snape escape.

After half an hour they retreated as they had what they wanted. Snape. He was leaning heavily onto Lucius' shoulder and he looked terrible. He had dark circles aroud his eyes, his face was pale and he was badly hurt. He looked like he would faint in any moment, so Albus didn't hesitate to use the Portkey.