Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 8
Chapter 8

One and a half dozen people stood in the Hogwarts Infirmary, each of them being healed. Moody had a new cut on his face and some on his arms, Remus banged his head when he fell because of a spell and he needed a Wideye potion, which could cure concussion. Tonks was also drinking Pain Releiving potions, all Albus had was a little cut on his face, and Harry's hands were bandaged because Voldemort burnt them with a spell. Lucius had cuts and bruises, which had been healed quickly.

But of course, Snape was in the worst shape. Madam Pomfrey was running from his bed to her office to bring more potions. His robes were in a heap next to the bed, and his shirt was cut off so that Madam Pomfrey could heal his chest and back. After almost two hours, his arms, back and chest, hands and one of his legs were bandaged. The cuts on his face were healed, but there was still a pink line from the sides of his mouth where Bellatrix had cut it. Even though he looked much better, his pale face and the dark circles around his eyes remained. He was unconscious, and the Mediwitch said that he'll not wake for a while.

"Thank you everyone for your help," said Dumbledore, "The plan hadn't work, but I'm glad anyway, because Lucius could help us, too. I hope that you'll approve to defend his wife and son, for Voldemort must also be looking for them now," Lucius' face paled. It seemed he hadn't thought about this, that the Dark Lord would capture his loved ones to punish him.

The Aurors and Orded members nodded and agreed. Well, most of them anyway. Of course, Moody was too paranoid to trust someone so suddenly.

"But he was a Death Eater! We can't trust him. Maybe, he did it on purpose, to gain our confidence, and when we suspect nothing, he'll murder us all!" He said angrily, gesturing with his hands madly.

"You can even use a Veritaserum on me, but I did it because Severus is my friend. I would never forgive myself if he was killed and I did nothing to prevent it," said Lucius quietly but manly.

"I will! Believe me, I would even -" Moody's speech was interrupted by Dumbledore.

"Alastor, please, he can be trusted."

"You said the same about Pettigrew."

Dumbledore nodded sadly and said, "Yes, that is true. But I'm sure Lucius will be different."

Moody shot one last sulky glance at Malfoy before nodding to Albus and storming out from the Infirmary.