Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi everybody! I apologise for my tardiness updating, but with the university plus my work, I rarely have time to write.
Enjoy the chapter!
Chapter 11: Snivellus

Two weeks later…

Harry was tiredly going back to Gryffindor tower. He had just finished his first detention with Umbridge, and his sleeve was soaked in blood. Someone called his name, he turned around and saw Severus, who was looking at him concerned.

“Harry, are you ok?” The professor asked.

“Yes, I’m fine, I’m just tired.” Harry answered not very convinced.

“Are you sure? Do you want to sleep in our quarters?”

“No, thank you, but I can’t. Hermione and Ron are waiting for me in the tower.”

“What did you do in detention?”

“I had to write some lines.”

“Well, not so bad then.” Severus said surprised.

“No, it was fine. Goodnight sir.” Harry said smiling a little.

“Don’t forget about tomorrow.” Severus called behind him. “Goodnight Harry.”

Next morning, Harry woke up feeling awful. His wrist had swelled and the wound was bleeding. All he wanted to do was stay in bed, but he remembered that Severus had promised to take him to Diagon Alley to buy some clothes. He got dressed and went to the common room, where Hermione and Ron were waiting for him.

“Are you sick?” Hermione asked, worried.

“No, I’m only tired. I haven’t slept well, you know, nightmares…” Harry answered. It was true that he had had nightmares, but it wasn’t the only thing why he was like that.

“Fine, let’s go to eat breakfast. But you should talk to Severus later.”

“Come on, Mione, I’m hungry, he’s said he’s ok!” Ron said.

“I’ll talk to him later, when we are back from Diagon Alley. I think I will stay with him tonight.” Harry said, and Hermione nodded.

It was more difficult to convince Snape, though. He knew that something wasn’t ok, but finally he accepted Harry’s words. Harry told him that he hadn’t slept well because he was nervous about the shopping trip, and Severus finally believed him. They agreed to meet at the Three Broomsticks at 11am so Harry could spend some time with his friends.


Sirius had decided that morning that he would go to talk to Dumbledore. His godson hadn’t replied to his letters and he wanted to speak with him and verify that the idiot of Snivellus wasn’t doing anything to his godson. That bat was always destroying everything, so it wouldn’t be strange if he had decided to threat Harry or something like that.

Dumbledore assured him that his godson was fine, and he told him that he could talk with him in the evening, when he was back from Hogsmeade. He told him to wait with Hagrid in his dog form, but of course, he wasn’t going to wait all the day to talk with Harry when he could go to Hogsmeade and talk to him.

When he was going out, he heard Minerva talking with Snivellus, and he decided to hide and listen to the conversation.

“I must go now, or I’ll be late. I told Harry I would meet him at 11.” Severus said.

“Where are you going to meet him?” Minerva asked.

“In the Three Broomsticks. I’ll see you at dinner.”

“Fine, have a nice day.”

Sirius was furious, how did the greasy git dare to meet his godson? It was perfectly clear what had happened to Harry. That moron had either threatened him or was trying to brainwash him. But that wasn’t going to happen; not if he could avoid it. He followed Snivellus and when he was sure nobody could see him he transformed in his human form and he petrified Severus.

Then, he transformed back in his dog form and went to Hogsmeade. Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the door of the Three Broomsticks.

“Isn’t that Padfoot?” Ron asked.

“Padfoot? What the hell are you doing here?” Harry asked frowning.

Padfoot ran to a hidden place and Harry followed him. He would talk to him and then he would go with Severus; so, he told his friends that they could leave him and that he would see them the next day.

“What are you doing here Siri? It’s dangerous!” Harry said.

“I’m here to take you home for some days Prongslet. I’ve talked to Dumbledore and he agrees with me.” Sirius said.

“Oh. Emm… I had plans for today Sirius.” Harry said biting his lower lip.

“I know, Albus told me. Are you sure he’s going to come?” Sirius said smirking.

“Of course, he will come!” Harry said angrily.

“Really? Because when I left he was telling Minerva that he had to make an important potion today.”

“To brew.” Harry corrected. “You don’t make potions.”

“Whatever, he won’t come, he’s too busy with his potions.” Sirius said angrily.

“Sirius, he was going to take me to Diagon Alley, I need to buy some things. He’ll come.”

“Fine, let’s wait fifteen minutes, but if he doesn’t come, we’ll go home. I can take you to the alley another day.”

The next 15 minutes were very tense. Neither of them spoke. Harry sent a patronus, but received no answer. Harry was disappointed and Sirius was satisfied.

“Come Prongslet, let’s go home. Snivellus is the best letting people down. You can tell me everything later.” Sirius said in a fake soft voice.

“At least let me tell Ron and Hermione.” Harry said defeated.

“Don’t worry, Dumbledore will tell them. Or I’ll send my house elf.”


Sirius and Harry had lunch at 12.30. The food wasn’t very good, Kreacher didn’t know (or at least didn’t seem to know) how to cook. Harry wasn’t hungry, he was feeling even worse, and he was regretting having told to Severus and his friends that he was fine. And now he didn’t know why Severus hasn’t appeared in Hogsmeade.

“Do you want dessert?” Sirius asked.

“No thank you, I ate some sweets with Ron and Mione.” Harry lied.

“Fine, let’s go to talk then.” Sirius said, and he headed to the living room.

“You haven’t been replying to my letters.” Sirius said.

“No, I’ve been busy, and I didn’t have anything to tell you. And it’s not like you asked something in the letters.” Harry said annoyed.

“So, you didn’t have time to reply but you had time to make friends with Snivellus!”

“Don’t call him that Sirius. He’s being nice with me.”

“Nice?! He has been hating you, insulting you and putting you in unjust detentions for 4 years! He hates you, he hates me and he hated your dad! YOUR PARENTS DIED BECAUSE OF HIM!” Sirius shouted angrily.

“They died because Voldemort killed them, and because Pettigrew told him where our house was!” Harry yelled back.

“Yes, but why do you think that Voldemort was chasing your parents? There was a prophecy. Your dear Snivellus told him about the prophecy. And now I’m sure that the git wants to finish what he started. He wants you dead! Can’t you see it?”

“What are you talking about? Snape was a spy, he was doing his job. And he doesn’t want me dead. He likes me!”

“And what was he doing in Privet Drive last month? He was spying for HIM! He was going to kidnap you!” Sirius snapped.

“Dumbledore told him to go. He wanted to know if I was fine. He was protecting me!” Harry shouted.

“Oh really? In his cat form? He didn’t even look if someone else was there.” Sirius said.

“Wait, what have you said? How do you know Snape is an animagus? Only Poppy, Minerva and Dumbledore know it!” Harry said turning pale.

“Harry, kiddo…”

“He was attacked by a dog… Oh Merlin! You were the dog! YOU ALMOST KILLED HIM!”

“I wanted you to be safe I went with Moony, but he didn’t see me.” He said with pride.

“You are mad! You didn’t come in all the summer, you only went there because you know that Snape was going to be there.” Harry said in a whisper.

“Come on Prongslet…”

“No, I want to go back to Hogwarts.” Harry said.

“YOU ARE GOING TO STAY HERE UNTIL I SAY OTHERWISE!” Sirius spat violently. “YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ME!”

Harry flinched, he was scared and feeling dizzy; and he knew he couldn’t escape.

“I think I understand you Siri. I have been a fool. Can you show me my room? I’m tired.” Harry said after two tense minutes.

“Do you believe me?” Sirius asked.

“Yes, Snivellus is a git. I can’t understand why I was trusting him!” Harry said.

“Good, I knew you would understand Prongslet. Come, I’ll show you your room.”

To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
The story is going to finish soon. If you want something to happen, let me know and I'll try to add it to the story.
Thank you for reading!!