Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
Disclaimer, I don't own anything in this story except the plot and Shadowfeather.
Author's Chapter Notes:
In this story, Harry and Shadowfeather were adopted by Severus in their first year because they were abused, so they may refer to him as 'Dad' in front of the other Slytherins. Also, Harry is Mr. Potter-Snape and Shadowfeather is just Ms. Snape, as she didn't want to keep her family's name.
Chapter 1
Hello, my name is Shadowfeather, and tonight is the night of the Pigfarts moon. It began last night when Draco Malfoy, my fellow Slytherin, decided that he wanted to perform some weird ritual that he had seen in a musical over the summer.

***FLASHBACK***

“What the devil is going on here, Malfoy?” Professor Snape asked.
“I’m looking up the ritual that I heard about over the summer. The ritual has to take place on Hallowe’en and will transport me to a school on Mars called Pigfarts. You have to make a spectacular entrance that is ruined by something that makes you roll on the floor and it must end with whoever wishes to go saying, ‘Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come. Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum, yum, yum.’ I can’t wait to do it. Hey, Harry, you should come with me,” Draco said all at once.
Harry replied, “No, I ‘m fine right where I am. And besides, I highly doubt that Dad would allow either me or Shadowfeather to help you with a ritual that he has never even heard of before.”
“Correct you are, Mr. Potter-Snape,” Dad said, making everyone except me jump. They had all forgotten that he was there, but I hadn’t, I am watching everything play out. I have a feeling that Draco is going to go through with it no matter what and that there will be some extremely strange and negative consequences.
Dad continued on, “In fact, you are banned from doing this ritual and should you somehow go through with it, I will find you and have you scrubbing cauldrons until you are as old and grey as Headmaster Dumbledore for putting yourself in danger.”
He then pulled me and Harry to our quarters to tell us that if we even thought about helping Draco he would spank us for putting ourselves and others in danger.

***END FLASHBACK***

That was last night. Earlier today, Draco approached us to ask if we wanted to help him with his ritual. I refused, but Harry said that he might consider acting as a lookout. After the conversation with Draco, I pulled Harry aside and reminded him of what Dad had said. He replied that he wasn’t really going to do it; he had just said that to appease Malfoy.
As it drew closer to midnight, Draco and his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle, began to make their way up to the Astronomy Tower. Harry and I raced to the quarters we share with Dad and began to haul him up to follow them, explaining the situation on our way there.
When we got there, we saw Draco starting to make his ‘grand’ entrance. Dad shouted, “What the devil is going on here?”
His exclamation startled Draco, who tripped over his robes and did a somersault, rolling onto his stomach as he did so. He then began to sing some song about how he was going to get out of here and be transferred to Pigfarts next year. Once he was finished with that song he said was the conclusion. Everyone else was still in some sort of stupor watching him and I knew that I had to act.
I ran across the tower and knocked him over just as he was finishing the last line. Suddenly, we hear a loud whooshing noise. We all look up to see that a lion is descending from the sky. When the lion lands we are all surprised to hear Draco squeal, “It’s Rumbleroar! He’s a lion, who can talk!”
We are even more surprised when Draco vaults onto the lion’s back and the lion makes to take off before saying, "Do you have a space suit young Malfoy?”
Draco slaps his forehead in exasperation before summoning one from the corner. He puts it on and Rumbleroar springs off the roof and heads for the moon, which we all now notice is red. We are all wondering what has happened until Dumbledore shows up. He starts talking nonsense about some prophecy that talks about a red moon and a talking lion stealing children in the night.
We are all at a loss until Dumbledore says that we will probably never see Draco again. At this point, Harry breaks down and runs to Dad, crying, because he will never see his best friend again and it could have been prevented if we had gone to him earlier. As this is happening, I spread my wings and launched myself of the rampart of the tower, intent on getting Draco back, or at least trying to get him back.
As I catch up to them, I am trying to convince Draco that it is in his best interest to come back down with me because, otherwise, Harry would be heartbroken and devastated that his best friend had left him. Just as I catch up, Draco lets go and begins to plummet thanks to his heavy space suit. I fall into a steep dive and pull my wings in close to streamline and try to catch up with Draco. As I do this, I feel like an eagle stooping and chasing its prey. I come close enough to grab his sleeve, but it is not enough to slow his fall completely. He hits the ground pretty hard and there is an audible crack, even as everyone else from up on the tower raced out the doors toward us. Draco stayed conscious long enough to apologize to Harry for almost leaving him. Dad raced over to me and made sure that I was fine before giving me a hug and going over to check on Draco and Harry.
Turns out that Draco had broken his back, but the damage would have been a lot worse had I not grabbed his sleeve and slowed him down that tiniest bit. A week later, everything was back to normal and Draco was completely healed and had, as promised, been assigned detention for a very long time for endangering himself and because he had almost killed himself. It just goes to show that you shouldn’t do things that you don’t know much about because you could be extremely hurt or even killed. But, in the end, everything turned out fine and I can feel that Voldemort, or, as I like to call him, Vol-au-vent, won’t make an appearance this year.
The End.