Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 9
The mark hurt so bad, Snape hissed in pain as he scratched his arm, he nudged Harry awake, the boy stirred and his eye flickered open, “I have to go, he’s calling”. The boy's eyes widened in fear, “don’t worry, I’ll be fine”.
Snape quickly got out of bed and grabbed his cloak, moving to the bathroom to get dressed, “don’t leave the house when I’m gone”, he said to Harry before disappearing into the bathroom for a good few minutes.
Snape came out the bathroom straightening his robes, “please be safe”, Harry said, he was standing by the door and all Severus could do was nod before be apparated.


Severus had greeted the Dark Lord at the table, “it’s a pleasure to see you Severus”, The Dark Lord said with a smile, “as it is to you my lord”, Snape replied, he went to go to his seat, but The Dark Lord stopped him, “just a minute my Severus, we must discuss something”. Severus managed a peek to all the other Death Eaters at the table, who seemed a little uncomfortable, “come with me”, The Dark Lord had risen from his seat and he had ordered Narcissa to follow, both wizards exchanged worried glances before following their leader. All three stopped in a room and Severus took a step towards Narcissa when The Dark Lord locked the doors, “Severus, I know you’re one of my trusted allies, but Narcissa, you haven’t yet passed the test”.
“Test?”
Severus asked as he looked at Narcissa who was taking deep breaths and looking at her feet, “Narcissa is yet to hurt someone”, The Dark Lord, Narcissa had looked up at the leader, her eyes were defiant, “can we please not make it Severus?” Hearing those words had almost stopped Severus’s heart, the promise of being safe was broken. The Dark Lord snarled at her, “you must do it, I hand chose him myself, he will know that he would be getting ten times worse than what this really is if I find out he’s a traitor!” Severus shifted on his feet.
“Now hurry up and attack him!”
Severus backed a few steps away from Narcissa to give her room, she looked up at the man, their eyes meeting for a few minutes before she lifted her wand and cast the Cruciatas curse onto Severus, who fell to his knees, screaming in agony. Narcissa tried to hold her ground but couldn’t as Severus screamed out again, she stopped the curse, but The Dark Lord came to her side and grabbed her wrist, the wand now pointing to Severus again, “don’t stop, you’re showing weakness, how about us Sectumsempra, his own spell”. Severus froze, still on his knees as he looked at Narcissa with fear, but only for a few seconds before he threw a defiant look and nodded.
“Sectumsempra!”
Narcissa drew in a breath and watched as Severus fell back, lying on the cold wooden floor, “well done Narcissa, you’ve passed the test, you should great power in the last spell”. The Dark Lord walked over to Severus, looking down on him, “you may go home, get some rest, you are no longer needed tonight my child”. With that, The Dark Lord and Narcissa were gone, Snape was hissing in pain as he tried to get up, only to fall back the ground, thankfully he knew the healing spell for this.
He apparated home, still lying down, Harry had walked into the living room right at that moment and almost screamed, “Holy shit!” He was by the teacher's side in seconds, “what do I do, tell me before you bleed out!” Harry yelled as he attempted to try and stop the bleeding. “Vulnera Sanentur, remember I used it on Draco in the bathroom”, Snape hissed out. Harry remembered it perfectly clear.
Snape lay on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, he had changed his torn clothes into sleep wear. Harry had given him a few drinks to calm him down. The boy was downstairs with Dumbledore, he couldn’t do this, he couldn’t have the boy by his side even if he wanted to. Snape slowly sat up just as Dumbledore came into the room, followed by Harry.
“Ah, Severus, you’re awake, how’re you feeling?”
“Better than before”.
Severus threw a worried glance over to Harry, “Harry, can you get me some water, the filtered water’s in the fridge”, the boy nodded before heading out of the room, buying some time for the professor.
“Albus, I can’t do it, I can’t look after Harry”.
The headmaster stared at Severus, the gears were working, “I understand Severus, we are putting the boy in danger if we keep him with you”.
“I’m glad you understand, where do you think he’ll go? Not the Dursleys”.
“Since the boy was with you I had created boundaries through the school, they’re strong enough to keep intruders out and keep Harry safe”.
“Good... I won’t tell Harry yet, I’ll have to pack his things and then tell him”.
“The better way than not doing anything at all”.
Both wizards stopped talking when they heard Harry coming up the stairs, “so, Narcissa had brought your own curse upon you?” Albus asked and Severus nodded, looking over to Harry, who had the filtered water, “yes, but don’t blame her, she had to be tested, he was there when it all happened”, Dumbledore nodded, “I see... Well you’d better get more rest, and it’s nice to see you again my boy”, Dumbledore threw Harry a smile, which Harry returned.
“Look after the old boy for me”.
Severus rolled his eyes and swiftly took the glass of water from Harry, “what do you want for dinner tonight?” Severus asked and Harry stared at him, “what?” Severus asked and the boy frowned, “you’ve just been attacked and you’re acting like it never happened?” Harry said incredulously, Severus shrugged.
“I know it happened, but I’d rather not remember it, damages my sanity”.
“Aren’t you already far from being sane?”
Severus glared at Harry but the boy just ended up laughing, “very funny”, Severus said before taking a sip, “Ron and Hermione wanted to come over and see how things were”. Severus stopped for a minute, should they come over? No... Well, the boy needed to be distracted so that he could go and pack the boys things and send them back to Hogwarts, “they can come over”. He could see the shock on the boy's face and couldn’t help but crack a smile, “what?” he asked and the boy shook his head and smiled, “No, nothing”.
“Alright... Oh, and you haven’t answered my question about dinner”.
“Oh right uh, Spaghetti, but don’t worry I’ll make it”.
“So kind of you”.

Snape was up within an hour and Harry had started doing the spaghetti, well, that what it was until Harry began yelling for Severus who quickly rushed into the kitchen only to see Harry holding the saucepan in his hand, which was overfilled with spaghetti, “what the hell?” Severus said as he came to Harry’s side, “I think I can feed the whole order with this”, Harry said and Severus couldn’t hide his smile, “Indeed you can, thankfully we’ve got Hermione and Ron coming over tonight, I’m sure they like spaghetti”.
“Yeah, I’m lucky with that, thinking pesto?”
“Whatever”.

It wasn’t long until the two friends had visited, Severus had waited until all three had forgotten about him and he silently moved upstairs to Harry’s room. Once he was inside he flicked out his wand and cast the cleaning spell and grabbing all of Harry’s clothes, neatly folding them and placing them in the suitcase.
It had taken Severus no less than five minutes to get everything sorted, he sends the suitcase to Hogwarts and felt his heart beat faster, the boy wasn’t going to be happy, but it was for his own good. They would still see each other at school, Snape had called Dumbledore to let him know that the suitcase was at Hogwarts and that he was going to bring Harry back after Ron and Hermione had left. A pang of guilt hit Severus, he took the boy in without thinking too much through, he was toying with the boy's emotions.
Severus had grabbed the plates whilst Hermione had grabbed the cutlery, “honestly Hermione, you’d be anyone’s maid”, Ron replied as he shook his head, “I just feel useless when I’m watching them”, she snapped back at him. Severus rolled his eyes, it’d be funny if they were to be married later on in life. They sat down, but not in silence as Hermione started talking about homework, “I’ve got this for you Harry, so it can help you study”, she said with a triumphed smile, Severus rolled his eyes at the girl, but he knew there was going to be a bright future for her. One thing led into another, talking about their first day of Hogwarts.
“Remember the first time you saw me?”
Harry said to Severus who snapped back into reality, “pardon?” The boy rolled his eyes, “I said, did you remember the first time you saw me?”
“It’s a bit hazy, all I remember was you being put into Gryffindor”.
Hermione smiled, “how about the time we saw Fluffy!” Ron almost choked on his food, “oh god, don’t remind me of that!” He said and Severus frowned, “how’d you find Fluffy?” He asked and Harry shrugged, “uh, we kind crossed his path without even knowing it”, he said and Severus shook his head, “he could’ve killed you”.
“I know, but we’re here”.
“Yeah, sheer dumb luck as McGonagall would say”.
Severus rolled his eyes when the trio laughed at his comment. They were over for quite some time and Severus was starting to get a little ticked off, it had hit six and he was tapping his feet by that time.
“I think it’s time for you two to head home, your parents would be worried sick”.
“Yeah they would be, anyway, we should be going Harry”.
Ron gave Harry and good hug as did Hermione before leaving, Severus took a breath and turned to Harry, “we need to go to Dumbledore at the school, come we must not dawdle”.
“Alright”.
Severus flinched, hearing the trust set in that tone that the boy used on him, it made him want to puke, he was going to mentally hurt this boy, but he couldn’t do anything about it... At least not for now.

Dumbledore was at his desk when Severus and Harry arrived, “ah, you’re here, and you’ve got the boys things?”
“Already in the dorm”.
Severus said quickly, but Harry had noticed, “wait. What?” Dumbledore eyed the boy, “you’ll be staying here, Professor Snape will no longer be looking after –“.
“WHAT!”
Harry turned to Severus and the wizard cringed, even wanting to step back from the boy, “YOU’RE GIVING ME AWAY?”
“I’m not giving you –“.
“Bullshit!”
“Calm down!”
“NO THIS ISN’T FAIR, WHY CAN’T I STAY WITH YOU, IS IT BECAUSE I’M TOO MUCH LIKE MY FATHER IS THAT IT?”
Severus groaned in annoyance, “you know that’s not the reason!” he boy took threatening step towards the teacher, “then what is it?”
“After what had happened with Narcissa I knew I couldn’t look after you, and besides, you’re safe in here”.
“But I’m old enough to look after myself”.
“Hence why you don’t have to live with me”.
Severus could see that he had the boy cornered, “come now Harry, Snape has other things to tend to”, Dumbledore said, “no! That’s not fair, you can’t give me back, I want to stay with you!”
“Don’t be so childish Potter!”
Severus had turned to the boy, but instantly regretted it when the boy broke down, but before Severus could say any further Harry had lunged at him, almost knocking him to the ground, “get off me!” Severus yelled, Dumbledore had quickly gotten up from his seat and advanced on the two, his wand out, “Harry, that’s enough!” Severus said he didn’t want Dumbledore knocking the kid out, “no, please don’t do this!”
“You can see me during school, I can come in to see how you –“.
“Stupefy”.
Harry was flung off Severus and Severus was about to snap at the headmaster. But Dumbledore threw him a look that said, ‘go while you still have the chance’, so Severus left.
The house felt so empty, even though Severus was in it, but the first hour had gone by and Severus was already missing the company of the boy. He shook his head and scolded himself, he can’t miss the boy, he was becoming weak, he couldn’t do that or he’d be killed by The Dark Lord. He sighed and rubbed his eyes and leaned back in the chair, he just had to wait a little more, and then it will all end.
To be continued...