Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Something Different
Harry started crying harder once they were out in the hallway. “Shh,.. it’s alright.” Severus whispered reassuringly while soothingly rubbing his back. “I didn’t mean to yell and frighten you. You’re not the one that I’m angry with. Come on, let’s get you back to your mother.” He told him as he started making his way back to their room and Harry started calming down once again. Once they had made it back to the room Severus noticed that Harry had made a mess inside his diaper again and just simply heaved a sigh.







“Alright, let’s get you cleaned up.” Severus told him while shutting the door with his free hand, and carrying Harry over towards the couch with the other. That’s when Harry started fussing again. “My oh my you’re a major fussbudget today.” He said as he started unbuttoning his pants and then unzipping them. “You’re only going to feel worse if you don’t allow me to clean you up though.” He pointed out while taking off his pants and then starting to remove his diaper.







That’s when suddenly Lily came out of the bedroom. “Severus what are you doing here? I thought you had to teach your class.” She said.





“I did, but in some way or another Harry decided that he wanted to come to class as well.” Severus replied while he removed Harry’s diaper and then threw it away before starting to wipe his bottom with a baby wipe.





“He did!? Oh my gosh is he alright!?” Lily exclaimed anxiously.






“He’s fine.” Severus began. “But unfortunately, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit that pretty soon the whole entire school will know that Harry Potter is here.” He told her while he finished wiping Harry and then tossed the wipe away before grabbing a fresh diaper and started diapering him up again.





“So why is that a problem?” Lily questioned him.






“If news went further than these walls then the dark lord could find you and your son.” He pointed out. “And if that happened,.. well,.. I would never be able to forgive myself.” He admitted and once he finished changing Harry he passed him back over to Lily. “Here go ahead and take him. I must get back to teaching my class.” He told her and with that he quickly turned and went out the door.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….




As Severus reentered the room he shut and locked the door with his wand and folded his arms while he turned to face the class. “Alright,.. now,.. from this point on we won’t discuss Harry Potter. For the reason why he’s at this school right now doesn’t concern any of you.







You will not speak his name in this classroom or tell any of your other friends that you saw him. For if you do I will find out,.. and I won’t be afraid to hand out to detentions to any of you. You might even face suspension or expulsion. Do I make myself clear?” He questioned his class who suddenly went silent except for a few gulps while everybody continued staring up at him. “Good.” He said after a few moment’s of silence had passed and then he turned to continue writing upon the chalkboard.






A little while later the bell rang. “Don’t forget to collect your ingredients for the Shrinking Solution for your homework and that your essay is due at the end of the week.” Professor Snape reminded his class before he turned to go back over to his desk and sat down and started beginning to grade papers.







Suddenly a girl with long black hair tied up into a ponytail, dark eyes, (a combination of black and brown) tanned skin and wearing Slytherin robes slowly approached his desk. Snape slowly glanced up at the girl with an irritated expression on his face. “May I help you?” He questioned her reluctantly.






“I don’t think so but I still wanted to talk to you anyways.” She replied.






“Well then go ahead and get it over with. Otherwise you’ll be late to your next class.” He told her.




“First of all I just wanted to apologize over what happened.” She began but he just simply raised a questioning eyebrow at her.




“Why in the world are you apologizing for? As far as I know you weren’t even involved Miss Wilde.” He said.





“I know, but it still must be a pain for you. Obviously whatever reason Harry’s at this school has to do with his protection and that should automatically be assumed.” She said as he just simply looked at her. “Anyways, this is for you. I should have given it to you a long time ago.” She continued on after he hadn’t responded and handed a white envelope over to him before hurrying out of the room.








A sudden and overwhelming sense of curiosity suddenly filled him. However he knew that he didn’t have any time to look at the letter at the moment since he still had an awful lot of papers to grade before his next class would arrive. As he went back to grading papers he realized that although his students usually irritated the heck out of him, this time it was different. He couldn’t put his finger on what exactly about this girl that was different,.. but he still knew deep down inside that there was.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..



Later on that evening Severus returned to his room where Harry was playing with his everlasting bubbles. “Bobbles!” He exclaimed while he waved them around and Severus couldn’t help but smile at him. That’s when suddenly he bent over and picked him up and placed him to his hip. “Were you a good boy today?” He questioned him. Harry just simply and silently nodded at him before grinning back at him.







“Good. Maybe after dinner your mother can give you a bath and then I will read you a bedtime story if you want. I don’t actually have a good voice for reading stories, but I do believe that I can make an exception since you’ve earned it.” He told him before smiling at him and then planting a kiss on his cheek and slowly setting him down in his highchair afterwards and then started working on supper.