Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Family Vacation Part 1

Lightning lit up the dark room every few minutes, but the thunder was a low rumble in the distance, and it was still very early morning, so Severus turned away from the window and pulled the blanket higher up over his shoulders, closing his eyes and willing himself to fall back to sleep. While his kids had claimed the large double bed, he was stuck with the small twin size, and it did not have much room for stretching out. Not that he cared, as long as his two kids were happy, he would tolerate the small space.

               Another flash from the incoming storm lit the room, and Severus opened his eyes to see Harry standing next to his bed. He had grown used to Harry’s nighttime appearances, so he was hardly alarmed to see his son just standing a few inches away from him.

               “What are you doing up, son?” Severus asked in a tired voice.

               “The lightning woke me up,” Harry said. “It’s too bright.”

               Severus sat up reluctantly with a yawn, then stood up and walked over to the large window looking over the rolling waves outside. He untied the curtains and pulled them close, allowing only the outer edges of the curtains to illuminate with each lightning flash. He turned back to Harry.  

               “Is that better? No more lighting up the room now.”

               Harry nodded but didn’t move as Severus laid back down on his bed, ready to fall back to sleep.

               “Is there something else you need?” Severus dared to ask.

               “I’m thirsty,” Harry answered.

               Severus sighed, then waved his hand, summoning a paper cup from the small kitchenette, if a sink and a small fridge could be called a kitchenette. He used his wand to fill the cup with water, then handed it to Harry, who gulped it down.

               “Are you satisfied now?” Severus asked. “Ready to go back to sleep? It’s not even four am yet.”

               “Can I sleep with you?” Harry asked, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

               “Oh, sure, climb in what little space is left,” Severus said sarcastically, though it went over Harry’s head as the little boy climbed in next to his father, forcing Severus to back up into the wall behind them. If it meant he could go back to sleep, he could sacrifice a little bit of comfort. Severus covered them with a blanket and wrapped an arm around his son, closing his eyes once more.

               A loud boom shook the room.

               A second later, Iris was landing on top of Severus, crawling over her father, and wrapping her arms around his neck, shaking in his arms as Severus groaned and sat up once more. Severus squeezed his arms around Iris, holding her close as she wildly looked around the room.

               “It was just thunder, sweetie,” Severus said. “It can’t hurt you. We’ve talked about this.”

               Lightning flashed and an instant after, another loud bang echoed outside, making Iris tremble more against her father as she whimpered and tightened her hold on Severus.

               “It’s too loud in here,” Harry complained, sitting up next to Severus, rubbing his eyes.

               “Perhaps we could dull the noise some,” Severus said, picking up his wand once more and flicking it, casting a muffling sound that drowned out some of the thunder, but only enough where it was still audible, just not deafening. Severus had been trying for the last year to work through Iris’s fear of thunder, but the noise continued to frighten her despite his best reasonings and efforts. He set his wand down and rubbed Iris’s back comfortingly. “Would you like a bit of calming draught?”

               Iris shook her head.

               “I want to sleep with you,” Iris whispered.

               “Of course,” Severus muttered. “This bed is too small for all three of us, so we’re relocating.”

               Severus urged Harry to crawl out of the bed, then stood up with Iris clinging to him. He moved to the larger double bed, which gave enough room for him to lie in the center with both kids at his sides. It wasn’t quite the same as his bed at home, but he could tolerate everyone’s closeness. And the larger bed was a lot more comfortable, so maybe he could tolerate this all week.

               Harry and Iris snuggled into his side and Severus covered everyone with a blanket and settled back in the pillow. The thunder rumbled on, Harry fell asleep quickly, but Iris did not stop trembling until it was much quieter, a distance rumble once more. She finally fell asleep, and Severus, who had his eyes closed but couldn’t settle until his daughter was more relaxed, finally fell asleep himself.

               Later that morning brought a dreary, cloudy day, and the ocean had rough waves that Severus did not trust. Thankfully, the poor weather was just for today. The rest of the week would be bright andsunny, and Severus had been planning on that to be the case so he could take his kids shopping for new bathing suits.

               Severus had never liked shopping. Iris made the experience better as she was easy to please and all Severus had to do was find her size in whatever she liked. Of course, she could go overboard, and today was no exception as she found four bathing suits she really liked, and Severus told her to try them on and pick her two favorites.

               Harry, on the other hand, was a little less inclined to pick out swimming trunks, forcing Severus to engage a little more in the shopping experience. Severus had managed to find a couple dinosaur trunks, one with plesiosaurs on it and another with t-rexes on them. Harry seemed to like the idea of water dinosaurs for swimming, and he picked the plesiosaur swimming trunks. Severus picked a plain green pair of swimming trunks for Harry as well, as a back up pair.

               By the time he was finished with Harry, Iris had settled on a couple pair of bathing suits herself. The first one was a light pink one-piece with white polka dots, a halter top, and a ruffled skirt appearance. The second was a two-piece mermaid bathing suit with a racerback top covered in pink, purple and teal “scales” with boyshort style bottoms that had a teal trim and more colorful scales. Severus settled on plain, dark trunks himself, and after purchasing a couple thick towels to go with the swimsuits, Severus led his kids back to the hotel, where they changed into the new bathing suits, Iris picking her pink polka dot one first and Harry his dinosaur ones. Severus cast a protective spell on Harry’s glasses. As much as he didn’t want to ruin Harry’s glasses, he wanted Harry to have full confidence learning to swim today, and he was sure having Harry take his glasses off would decrease that. When everyone was ready, Severus brought a few towels in a beach bag and led the way down to the hotel’s indoor swimming pool.

               Honestly, he wanted to see how well both kids were swimming before he let them play anywhere near the ocean. He knew Iris could doggy paddle, but it had been a while since she had been in a pool. And he had no clue where Harry stood as far as swimming capabilities, but from what he had observed of his son so far, he would say this was a first-time experience.

               At the pool, several other families were hiding from the dreary weather and spending time in the heated indoor pool and Jacuzzis. After Severus set his things down at an available chair, spreading one of the towels over the back of it, he led Iris and Harry to the steps leading down into the pool.

               “It looks deep,” Harry said, pausing at the entry.

               “This is the shallow end,” Severus said, stepping down into the pool, Iris following him eagerly. Iris leaned forward after the first step and began doggy paddling in the water after Severus.

               “Look at me, Daddy,” Iris said, swimming over to her father and grabbing his arm.

               “Very good, Iris,” Severus praised, smiling when Iris pushed off him and paddled around the pool. He turned back to Harry, who was still standing outside of the pool. Severus walked back toward the stairs a bit, holding his arms out for his son. “Come on, Harry, you can stay with me first.”           

               Harry shook his head and took a step back.

               “I won’t let you go,” Severus promised. “Not until you want me to.”

               “I don’t want to sink.”

               “I won’t let you sink. Neither will the lifeguard. See?” Severus pointed at the lifeguard who was watching them. She smiled at Harry, who offered a small smile back before looking back at his father. “You’re more than protected here. Here, take my hands.”

               Harry allowed Severus to grab both his hands and pull him down the first steps. Harry realized he could stand in the shallow area, though the water was up to his chest, but he could feel the ground beneath him, and he walked slowly after Severus, who slowly moved backward through the pool. Harry quickly realized the water was getting deeper, and he lunged forward, clinging desperately to Severus as the ground left his feet.

               “You’re okay,” Severus said softly. “I still have you. I won’t let you go.”

               “It’s too deep,” Harry said.

               “Relax and let yourself float,” Severus encouraged Harry to do.

               “Like this,” Iris said as she paddled over to Harry and her father before rolling on her back and holding her arms and legs out, floating on the water for a few seconds before flipping back over and swimming after Severus, gripping his arm for a break. “See? It’s easy.”               

               Harry just kept a firm grip on Severus and allowed himself to be pulled through the water while Iris swam back and forth between the side of the pool and her father. They spent several minutes just moving through the water, even treading through the deeper end of the pool, which Iris kept a bit closer to the rail then but did swim out toward Severus when he was close enough to one side. Harry began to relax more as Severus stayed true to his promise and kept a firm hold on Harry, and he felt himself float naturally. He allowed his legs to drift upward, kicking now and then and feeling his body become more buoyant.

Keeping a firm hold of Severus’s hands, Harry experimentally pushed back, allowing nearly his entire body to float on its own in the water.

“That’s very good, Harry,” Severus said.

“Don’t let go.”

“I’m not.”

Slowly, Harry grew more confident with floating, and finally, he let Severus’s hands go for a moment, floating on his own before pushing toward his father and grabbing his hands again. Severus challenged Harry by having his son float again and again, increasing the distance between himself and Harry each time Harry was floating. Each time, Harry would push through the water after him, wanting to grab Severus’s hands again, and the child was swimming without even realizing it.

Harry caught on when he tried to reach for Severus again after floating on his own, only to find quite a bit of distance between them.

“You’re too far,” Harry said, frantically doggy paddling.

“Keep coming to me,” Severus encouraged, swimming backward slowly. “You’re swimming, Harry.”

Harry kept paddling for Severus, realizing that he was swimming on his own, but his confidence was waning, and he hastened toward Severus, afraid he might sink soon, but Severus was still far away, which seemed weird, unless his dad was moving away from him.

“Daddy, let me come to you,” Harry pleaded.

“I am,” Severus said, finally stopping and allowing his son to catch up to him. Harry gripped his arms tightly. Severus kissed Harry’s temple and said, “That was very good, son, you had it. The more you do it, the stronger you’ll get.”

               Harry took a moment to rest his arms before he felt ready to try again.

               “I want to do it again,” Harry said, surprising Severus.

               “Okay,” Severus said, waiting for Harry to float on his own, then he backed away. Harry watched him this time, aware his father was increasing the space between them. After a moment of floating, Harry tried intentionally paddling toward Severus. Iris pushed off the ledge of the pool and joined Harry, swimming next to her brother and after Severus as well.

               Smirking, Severus continued swimming away from both kids, testing how far away Harry was willing to let him go. They made it back toward the shallow end of the pool, where Harry quicky discovered he could put his feet back down, and he did so while Iris caught up to Severus before putting her feet down.

               “Catch me, Daddy,” Iris said, climbing up the stairs and running over to one side, slowing down when a lifeguard cautioned her to walk.

               Severus moved through the water until he was across from her, and she leaped for his arms, and Severus allowed her to splash into the water before he helped her resurface. She laughed and swam for the stairs again.

               “Again, again,” Iris cheered, walking back over before jumping into Severus again.

               Intrigued, Harry followed Iris out as she demanded another turn, and he waited as she jumped in, then stepped closer to the edge, looking over at the intimidating water. Severus allowed Iris to swim to the side while he opened his arms for Harry, who hesitated for a moment before he bravely jumped in the water, and he felt his head go under for a second before Severus lifted him back up, and he spluttered slightly, adjusting his glasses, before smiling. That wasn’t too bad. It was kind of fun.

               “You are doing really well, Harry,” Severus said. “I am so proud of you.”

               Harry beamed at his father, then said, “Again!”

               The small family had a long day at the pool, eating lunch at the hotel’s restaurant before returning to the pool area for more fun and Jacuzzi time. Severus felt more confident sitting in one of the jacuzzies and watching his two kids swim in the big pool on their own, under the watchful eyes of lifeguards as well. Harry and Iris chased each other around, then played a game of Marco Polo with a few other kids.

               That evening, the family visited the beach once more, and the kids played in the tide before they chanced upon an ice cream shack along the beach, and they all enjoyed a small cone on their walk back to the hotel.

               That night, all three settled in on the double bed, and Severus read a book while his kids fell asleep quickly on either side of him. This vacation was turning into the best vacation he had ever had, and he was loving every minute with his kids. After reading a couple chapters, he set the book down and turned out the lights, moving down in the bed and wrapping an arm around both kids before falling asleep.

              

               Harry looked out the window at the beach below. The sun was shining, the sky was bright, and the waters were filled with people. It looked busy and very chaotic, but Iris was very excited to head down to the ocean at last, and she was jumping all over the place as she changed into her mermaid style bathing suit and slipped on her flip flops. Harry had wanted to wear his dinosaur swim trunks again, so Severus had cast a complete cleaning charm on it, so it was fresh for the day.

               “Iris, come here,” Severus said, sitting down on the bed and scooping out salve from a jar. Iris obediently stood in front of her father and allowed herself to be slathered up in a white cream.

               “How long are we staying at the beach?” Harry asked.

               “The rest of the afternoon,” Severus answered.

               “Can we go for just an hour?”

               “No!” Iris answered. “We are staying the afternoon, right, Daddy?”

               “Right,” Severus agreed as he rubbed the salve on Iris’s face carefully. “You will have so much fun, you won’t even notice the time, Harry. Come here, son, it’s your turn.”

               Iris hopped away from her father while Harry sighed and walked over to Severus, standing in front of Severus while the thick salve was applied to his arms, back, and chest. He made a face at the funky, moldy smell that emitted from the strange goop coating his body.

               “What is this?” Harry asked.

               “It’s sunscreen,” Severus answered.

               “It smells funny.”

               “That’s because it’s one of Dad’s potions,” Iris said, rubbing in a small spot on her shoulder.

               “This is a potion?” Harry asked as Severus began putting the smelly substance on his face, and he scrunched his nose up.

               “It is,” Severus said. “Far superior to the muggle brands. More protection with one application every twelve hours, that way, I won’t risk either of my babies getting sunburns today.”

               “It still smells funny,” Harry mumbled. “I like the muggle stuff better.”

               Severus gave Harry an affronted look as he finished rubbing the potion into Harry’s face.

               “You know, I spent hours brewing this specially for you and you tell me you’d rather have that cheap, inferior, useless muggle version?”

               “Yes,” Harry answered.

               “Why you little—” Severus tickled his son, and Harry squealed and squirmed in his grasp. After a minute, Severus released Harry and began applying the potion on himself as he told his son, “The smell fades away after a minute or two, so no need to worry about anyone else smelling it. Go get your flip flops on. Then we can head down.”

               Harry slowly slipped on his flip flops, then followed his father and Iris out of their room once Severus had his sandals on and packed his beach bag full of towels, a few snacks, and watered down juices for extra-hydration potential. Severus spelled Harry’s glasses to stay on his face in water, just so the child didn’t have them accidentally knocked off. They headed down to the beach, taking their shoes off before the sand and carrying them further down the sandy beach. There were many people with chairs and umbrellas, and Harry wondered if they were going to have anything like that when he realized Severus was heading for an umbrella that had a couple chairs under it. Harry frowned as the umbrella in question was occupied but smiled quickly when he realized why who.

               “Severus!” Tori greeted, adjusting the hat on her head, and reaching up to hug Severus. She wore a yellow sundress over her one-piece bathing suit, her stomach more pronounced in the slimming clothes. “You made it. I’m so glad you could join us today. How are you enjoying everything so far?”

               “It’s perfect, Tori, honestly,” Severus answered. “Where’s Sam?”

               Tori rolled her eyes and brushed some braids back behind her shoulder as she glanced down at the beach a bit where her two daughters were busy burying Sam’s lower half. Severus snorted and walked down toward the trio, Iris and Harry following. Samuel was completely covered in Sam from his hips the tip of his toes, and the sand was made to look like fins at the bottom. Esther and Ruth were busy finding shells and stones to decorate sand with while Samuel worked on a sandcastle at his side, adding a moat.

               “What in Merlin’s name, Samuel?” Severus asked, and Samuel looked up at Severus and grinned.

               “Oh, hey man. The girls are turning me into a mermaid. Want to join?”

               Ruth, wearing a pink two piece, and Esther, wearing a purple racerback one-piece, smiled up at Severus, who shook his head.

               “I’m going to have to pass on that one.”

               Esther moved her hands, ending with her hands near her face like claws and baring her teeth, growling at Severus.

               “She can make you a sea monster,” Samuel said at Severus’s glance, and Severus snorted.

               “Another time,” Severus said to Esther.

               “We’re going to hold you to that,” Samuel said, then jerked his head back when Esther brought a handful of sand up to his head. “Woah, what’s with the sand?”

               “Your crown,” Esther signed as she leaned forward and plopped the sand down in Samuel’s hair.

               “Oh, yes, my crown. That will be great getting out of my hair later, thank you, sweetheart,” Samuel said, only signing the “thank you, sweetheart” part to Esther. “Now how come Severus gets to be a sea monster but I’m a mermaid?”

               “You pretty mermaid,” Esther signed once more.

               “I see, well, I’m flattered.” Samuel looked back up at Severus. “I brought some drinks to enjoy but I think I’m stuck here a while longer.”

               “Daddy, make me a mermaid,” Iris said, plopping down in the sand and dragging handfuls over her leg.

               “Guess I’m not going much further either,” Severus said as he kneeled next to his daughter, pulling more sand over Iris’s legs.

               “Where’s Joshua?” Harry asked, looking around the beach.

               “He’s out with Terrell right now.” Samuel gestured out into the ocean.

               Harry scanned the waves until he saw Joshua and Terrell hanging on a surfboard way out in the water. He smiled and nearly walked out into the ocean when Severus caught his arm.

               “Wait a minute,” Severus said, frowning at his son. “I like your newfound confidence, but you just learned to swim. Let me cover Iris quick, then I can take you out, okay?”

               “But Daddy,” Harry protested, pointing at where he could still see Joshua and Terrell.

               “No need to wait,” Samuel said. He whistled sharply, looking over his shoulder. “Cela!”

               “Yeah?” the teenager responded from where she was lying on a purple surfboard in the sand, bathing in the sun a few inches away from the umbrella Tori was resting under.

               “Could you take Harry out to Terrell and Joshua and keep an eye on him?” Samuel asked.

               “Sure,” Cela responded, hoping up to her feet and lifting her surfboard. She looked a lot like a feminine version of Terrell, but with short braided hair and a slight thicker frame. She was wearing a black and pink wetsuit, and she trotted forward with her board, holding her hand out for Harry.

               “Okay, but be careful, Harry!” Severus called after them as Cela pulled Harry into the cold ocean water.

               “He’ll be fine,” Samuel said. “Cela and Terrell are practically lifeguards.”

               Cela encouraged Harry to climb on the surfboard, staying on the front-end portion while she paddled out to her brother and cousin, who were still in the water and hanging on loosely to the surfboard as they drifted with the gentler ends of the waves. Joshua was wearing green and black swimming trunks while Terrell was wearing a blue and bronze wetsuit and a strap that secured his glasses to his face.

               “Hey, little brother,” Cela said as she paused next to them, sitting up on her board. “The Snapes are here.”

               “Hi, Joshua!” Harry said with an enthusiastic wave.

               “Hi, Harry,” Joshua smiled at him. “I was wondering when Severus was going to bring you guys out here.”

               “Daddy taught me how to swim,” Harry said. “Watch this.”

               Harry carefully slid off the board and doggy paddled over to Joshua and Terrell, swimming around their board. Joshua grinned as he watched Harry with amused eyes.

               “That’s really good swimming, bud,” he said.

               Harry smiled back, but the ocean was harder to swim in than the pool was, and he felt like he was being pulled in all different directions despite trying to get to the side of the board Joshua was on, and his arms tired quickly in the water. He was about to swim back to Cela’s board when her board appeared under him as Cela pushed through the water after him, then slowly rose back up to the surface, and Harry grabbed the board as it rose under him, sitting down once it surfaced and steadied on the water.

               “Swimming’s hard work, isn’t it, Harry?” Cela asked as she sat up once more.

               Harry nodded, then looked down at the board, then at Terrell’s orange surfboard, and he frowned.

               “Where did you get the surfboards?” Harry asked.

               “They’re ours,” Terrell said.

               “They live here,” Joshua explained. He pointed back at the castle hotel in the background. “Uncle Isaiah and Aunt Imani own the castle hotel we’re all staying at.”

               “You live in the castle?” Harry asked with wide eyes. “All the time?”

               “All the time,” Cela said. “Don’t worry, you’ll get your share of castle time at Hogwarts. And you’ll love being in Gryffindor house, too, won’t you?”

               “What makes you think he’ll be a Gryffindor?” Terrell shook his head. “No way. He’s either a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin. I guarantee it. I mean, look at his dad.”

               “Yeah, but do you see his kid?” Cela quirked her brows at her brother as she pointed at Harry.

               “What about me?” Joshua asked. “What house do you think I’ll be in?”

               “Blabbermouth,” Terrell and Cela said at the same time.

               “That’s not even a real house,” Joshua said with a fake pout. “And I’m not a blabbermouth.”

               After spending time drifting with the waves, and riding a few with Cela and Terrell’s assistance, Harry and Joshua returned to land with the teens in tow, and they found Samuel, who was free of sand, and Severus sitting under the umbrella with Tori, a few more chairs propped up under the shade. Iris, Ruth, and Esther were eating snacks while sitting on towels, all three girls soaked from playing in the water. Harry quickly began explaining how brilliant surfing was to his father while Joshua talked with Terrell until the two teenagers said their goodbyes and headed back to the castle.

               After a snack and drink, Harry felt tired from his time in the ocean, and he climbed into the chair Severus was sitting in, curling up against his father and closing his eyes. He could hear the other kids running back to the ocean with new games, but he was too comfortable to join them.

               After a forty-minute nap, which Severus interrupted because he didn’t want Harry to oversleep, Harry joined Joshua in making a large sandcastle that was being attacked by an even bigger sand sea monster. Unfortunately, the entire kingdom fell, and the monster now reigned over the land.

               Finally, as evening fell upon the family, and the children were hungry once more, everyone collected their items and headed back to the castle. After washing up in their own rooms, Samuel, Tori, and the kids met up with Severus and his kids for dinner at a restaurant in town. After dinner, they walked around for a bit, exploring the stores and landscapes.

               Severus practically had to dress his kids in their pajamas that night as they clung to him half asleep, smiles still on their faces as they mumbled about all the fun things, they did that Severus might not have noticed. Once Iris and Harry laid down on the double bed, they were asleep. Severus did not think that today could have been any more perfect.

              

               Day three of their vacation had many plans, including a spa day for Severus and Iris. While Severus planned on enjoying his ninety-minute massage with Tori and then lots of time in the hot tubs, Iris, Ruth, and Esther would be given the pampered princess treatment: nails, hair, face masks, the whole shebang. And then the girls would most likely join them in the hot tubs once their nails were dry.

               Harry, on the other hand, would be joining Joshua and Samuel on a trip to a water park with large water slides to fill in the time. Severus had been asked to go to the park as well by the boys (including Samuel), but he had politely declined in favor of not losing his head tumbling down some muggle contraption. Severus had dropped Harry off at Samuel’s hotel room and then left to the spa portion of the hotel with the girls and Tori. Harry and Joshua were dressed in their swimming trunks and had a T-shirt on, but Samuel was still in nothing but a towel from his shower that morning and taking his time in the bathroom.

               “Are we going yet, Dad?” Joshua asked impatiently while Samuel stood in front of a mirror running a pick through his hair.

               “Not yet, son,” Samuel said. “I’m going to try and get more of this sand out of my hair a bit longer. I can’t seem to get the sand-out charm to work right. Don’t worry, we have several hours for park time. I have an idea, why don’t you take Harry down to the new muggle arcade Uncle Isaiah just installed? I’ll be down there in like twenty minutes.”

               Joshua crossed his arms, then sighed and said, “Fine. Come on, Harry.”

               “Don’t forget your stone,” Samuel said.

               Joshua shoved a hand in his pocket, feeling for a stone before patting his pocket securely. He led the way out of the rooms and over to the hotel’s elevator, which appeared quickly for them, and they stepped on and headed for the lobby.  

               “What stone?” Harry asked.

               “This stone,” Joshua said, pulling out a dark blue stone from his pocket. “It’s some kind of opal, I think. But Dad charmed it so when I tap it three times, he’ll know I need his help and he’ll be able to find me. And since it’s a stone, muggles aren’t suspicious if they find it on me.”

               “Cool,” Harry said.

               “I guess,” Joshua shrugged, shoving the stone back in his pocket. “Dad is just overprotective, sometimes, but I get it.”

               The boys stepped off the elevator and headed for the lobby, then took a right turn down a new hall. They quickly found themselves in the arcade room where several people were already checking out the new installments. Joshua smiled and ran ahead to one of the machines.

               “Space Invaders, my favorite!” Joshua exclaimed. “Want to play this, Harry?”

               “I don’t know,” Harry said, stepping up closer to Joshua, a bit nervous of all the people in the small space. “I’ve never played it.”

               “It’s easy, I’ll show you.” Joshua dug through his pocket for loose change and found what he was looking for. “Here, watch me. See, you move by doing this and press here to shoot at the alien invaders . . .”

               While Harry was watching Joshua play and explain the game at the same time, a sudden force slammed into Harry, and he grunted as he hit the ground, his wrist bending painfully under him.

               “Hey!” Joshua snapped, jumping away from the game and rushing to help Harry. “What is your problem?”

               Harry cried out as Joshua helped him sit up on the ground, and he cradled his wrist. When Harry looked over at who had shoved him, his eyes widened as he saw a furious looking Dudley Dursley.