Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the chapter where Kamaria learns of her true heritage
Chapter 1: You're a Witch, Harri
Eleven years later...

Number Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey


"WAKE UP GIRL AND MAKE US SOME BREAKFAST!!! YOU KNOW WE DON'T LIKE BEING KEPT WAITING WITH OUR FOOD; SO GET TO IT!!!!" a shrill voice yelled as it woke up the intended person.


Kamaria under the blood glamour

Harriet Potter crawled out of her room, the cupboard under the stairs, and numbly walked into the kitchen to start making breakfast for her relatives.


Ever since she was old enough to help around the house, her aunt and uncle have been making her do all the work; cooking, cleaning, tending the garden, laundry, you name it.

Whenever she didn't complete a chore right, Vernon beat her up to the point of where she lost consciousness.


But, today was a special day because it was her 11th birthday.


For the past few weeks, owls have been appearing to her house to deliver Hogwarts Acceptance Letters, only for each letter to be ignored.


To prevent the owls from finding them, Uncle Vernon took his family to hide in a small house on a rock in the middle of the ocean.


On her cousin Dudley's birthday, they took him to the zoo. It was while they were visiting the Reptile House that Harri learned she could speak to snakes.


As soon as the clock struck midnight, a big, hairy man appeared in the doorway and asked menacingly, "Where's 'arri?".



Harriet slowly walked up to the man and introduced herself, wondering why he would be looking for her.


"I don't know what you're talking about, sir. I'm not a witch; magic doesn't even exist. I'm Harri, just Harri," the child whispered as if it were a mantra beaten into her.



The man, who introduced himself as Rubeus Hagrid, turned to her aunt, uncle, and cousin in a fury as he snarled, "You didn't tell her? You didn't tell her she was a witch?".


Her Aunt Petunia, too scared to speak like the rest of her family, just shook her head as she trembled.


Hagrid turned to Harri and told her, "Come on, 'arri. We need to get y're school supplies."



In the morning, Hagrid took Harri to Diagon Alley through a shortcut in the Leaky Cauldron.


As they entered the Alley, Harri couldn't help but be amazed by all the wizarding shops, and broke out of her thoughts as they entered Gringotts.


One of the goblin workers, Griphook, took Harri to a separate room because he wanted to speak with her while Hagrid went to make a withdrawal for Dumbledore.


"Ms. Potter-"


"Harri. Just call me Harri. Please, Mr. Griphook."


"Harri,then, I wanted to discuss your heritage if you don't mind."


Harri was confused because, what was to know about her heritage? All her aunt ever told her was that her parents were drunks that perished in a car crash.



Griphook gave her a knife and parchment and told her to stick her finger and place seven drops of blood onto the parchment, explaining that it was a blood test and would reveal her relatives and vaults.


Confused, Harri followed his instructions and placed seven drops of blood on the parchment. When she got the results, her green eyes widened it so much shock that it was a wonder she didn't faint!

___________________________________________________________
Birth Certificate (Fake):
Name: Harriet 'Harri' Lilian Primrose Potter
Mother: Lilian Jeanette Potter (née Evans)
Father: James Fleamont Potter
Godfather: Sirius Orion Sagittarius Black (wrongfully incarcerated)
Godmother: Alicia Longbottom (medically insane)
Godbrother: Neville Longbottom

Heiress to:
Peverell Family (through father)
Potter Family (through father)
Black Family (through godfather)

Vaults:
Potter Trust Vault
Black Trust Vault
Potter Family Vaults (locked until 1997)
Black Family Vaults (locked until 1997)



Birth Certificate (Real):

Name: Kamaria Elsie Amaya Prince-Slytherin
Mother: Severus Prince-Slytherin (née Snape) (alive)
Father: Tom Prince-Slytherin (alive) (location unknown)
Primary Godfather: Lucius Malfoy (alive)
Primary Godmother: Narcissa Black Malfoy (alive)
Godbrother: Draconis Malfoy
Secondary Godmother: Lilian Jeanette Potter (née Evans) (adoptive mother; deceased)
Secondary Godfather: James Fleamont Potter (adoptive father; deceased)


Heiress to:
Peverell Family (through father)
Gryffindor Family (through adoptive father)
Potter Family (through adoptive father)
Slytherin Family (through father)
Prince Family (through mother)
Ravenclaw Family (through mother)
Malfoy Family (co-heir through godparents)


Magical Gifts:
Parseltongue (shared with parents; 80% blocked)

Parselmagic (shared with parents; 100% blocked)

Occlumency (shared with mother; 90% blocked)

Legillimency (shared with mother; 100% blocked)


Compulsions:
Hate Severus Prince-Slytherin (100% broken)

Hate Tom Riddle

Hate Slytherins

Be lazy

Slack off on homework

Befriend Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger

Hero complex

Spells:
Blood glamour



Harri, or Kamaria collapsed into her chair, shocked. She wasn't an orphan, her mother and father were alive, and one of them was waiting for her return at Hogwarts. Looking up at Griphook shakily, Kamaria asked, "How soon can you get rid of these spells and the money returned?".


Griphook just grinned and told her to follow him a ritual room.


The process was long and painful, but when they returned, Kamaria's hair was now dark brown and below her shoulder blades, freckles dusted her cheeks, and her eyes were no longer emerald green; but a sharp and beautiful icy blue.


Kamaria after the blood glamour is removed

Before she left, Griphook handed her two letters; one from James Potter and one from Lilian Potter. The second letter read:

"My dearest Kamaria,
If you're reading this letter, then that means that you're safe and that James and I are deceased. Do not fret, for even though Dumbledore gave you to us to raise, we are not your real parents; but your secondary godparents should anything happen to your Uncle Lucius and Auntie Narcissa.


There are some things that you must know: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is not who others propogate him to be; as he is the one who killed James and I. He would've just killed you and James if I hadn't thrown myself in the way of the Killing Curse to save you. If it meant to save you, James and I would’ve taken a thousand Killing Curses to do so.


Because of my sacrifice, you can no longer be harmed by anything. We were planning to return you to your rightful mummy and daddy, bur Albus found out about our plan thanks to Peter Pettigrew spying on us in his Animagus form. Because of this information, Albus stormed our house and killed James before he could even draw his wand and killed me afterwards.


Cherish your family, my shining star, for they will be your greatest strength. Keep them close, and remember that even though it makes us sad, all living things have to die eventually. Live your life the way you want to live it and promise me; you will never forget me or James.

Love,
Auntie Lilian
"



Without waiting for Hagrid and taking money from her trust vault, Kamaria ventured out into Diagon Alley to get the rest of her school supplies; opting to get her school robes first. Now that the blood glamour was removed, her memories came back as well; remembering the fun times that she shared with her parents and the Death Eaters; her first words, learning how to walk, her first burst of accidental magic.


The first stop was Madam Malkin's Robe Shop, where a blonde boy with shoulder-length white blonde hair was getting fitted for his school robes. "Hogwarts, dear?" the matron asked as Kamaria entered the shop, earning a nod in return. "Perfect! I'll get to you after I finish with this young man here!". Kamaria nodded her head


The boy turned to look at Kamaria and froze as he recognized her eyes. They were so busy staring at each other that they didn't realize Draco was already done being fitted. "K-Kimmy?" he asked, softly praying that it was really her.


Kamaria teared up herself and ran into his arms, both of them holding tight as if afraid the other one would disappear. "I missed you so much, Draco!" Kamaria sobbed softly as she clung to her godbrother, earning similar sentiments.


Soon, a man who looked just like Draco with longer hair walked into the shop and like his son, he also froze in shock as he recognized the girl hugging his son. It just couldn't be her, could it? His long-lost goddaughter was right here in front of him as he recognized her eyes. It was her!


The man cleared his throat and asked, "Draco, I trust you've gotten your robes ready?", startling the two children apart.

"Yes, father," Draconis replied as he walked over to the man, Kamaria following suite. "Hello, Uncle Lucius," she whispered, staring at her godfather with piercing blue eyes.

"Kamaria...." Lucius whispered, then regained his composure as he ushered the two children out of the robe shop to collect the rest of their school supplies. When their shopping was finished, Lucius having bought Kamaria a snake and a snowy owl as a late birthday present, the trio Aparrated back to Malfoy Manor where Lady Narcissa Malfoy was waiting for them in the main foyer.



"Hello, husband mine, Draco. And who's this with you?" she asked after noticing Kamaria standing in between them. Kamaria stepped up and answered, "My name is Kamaria Elsie Amaya Prince-Slytherin. Hello again, Auntie Cissy.". Narcissa teared up before godmother and goddaughter embraced in a tight hug, tears falling freely from both pairs of eyes.


After pulling away, Narcissa cupped her goddaughter's face and commented, "You look so much like your mother with your father's eyes. Severus will be overjoyed to finally see you again, Kimmy. He's been overcome with grief since the night you were taken. And losing your father not long afterwards has left his mind a mess. I'm surprised that he's not turned into an Obscurial, the poor dear.".


Kamaria couldn't wait to meet her mother again after that statement and spent the rest of the summer with the Malfoy family, getting to know her godparents and godbrother again while hearing stories about her parents from Lucius and Narcissa.


In no way was she going to return to the Dursleys, at the end of the school year, she was going to return home with her parents.