Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the chapter where Severus and Kamaria, mother and daughter, finally reunite after spending years apart.
Chapter 2: Welcome Home, Kamaria
King's Cross Station

The day has finally arrived for Draco and Kamaria to start Hogwarts, with Lucius and Narcissa seeing them off. "Now, Kimmy, I want you and Draco to write to us as soon as you are settled in your dormitories. Draco, look after your sister and keep her safe; you understand? Just remember that we will always love you no matter what house you're Sorted into. Okay?" Narcissa asked, looking at her son and goddaughter.


They nodded in agreement, hugged the adults, and then boarded the train; the two of them waving at them as the train pulled away from the station.



After walking for a few minutes, the duo found a compartment with two girls in it; one had blonde hair and light blue eyes and the other had white hair and blue eyes and a bird resting in her lap. "Mind if we sit here?" Draco asked after knocking on the door. The blonde girl nodded in acceptance and let the two godsiblings take a seat.


Soon enough, introductions were underway. "I'm Kamaria Prince-Slytherin. Who are you?" she asked, looking at the girl with white hair. The girl shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before answering, "My name is Lisanna. Lisanna Greenfield-Strauss and this is my familiar, Maira. She's a peregrine falcon.".


Suddenly, a redhead boy with freckles and a bushy-haired girl barged into their compartment without knocking, "Is Harri Potter here? Dumbledore said that I'm her best mate; so, where is she?!" the boy demanded. Lisanna took one look at them and immediately decided that they were trouble.


"I don't recall either of us inviting you into our compartment as you forced your way in, quite rudely at that, and demanded the presence of someone who doesn't even know you! Leave please, before I call for a prefect," Daphne demanded, glaring at the duo coldly, who returned the glare before exiting the compartment.


Kamaria looked at Daphne with gratitude, who nodded in response and the rest of the train ride was filled with laughter and friends.



Before long, the train pulled into Hogsmeade station. The quartet were already dressed in their robes, so they headed down to the boats where Hagrid was instructing the students four to a boat.


When all the boats were boarded, the troop set sail across the black lake and before long, the majestic sight of Hogwarts Castle greeted them. Once all the students arrived at the castle, a witch wearing tartan robes and her hair pulled into a severe bun was waiting for them.


"The firs' years, Pr'fessor McGonagall," said Hagrid and left once he was dismissed. Prof. McGonagall led the students to two large doors and told them to wait for her here.


Once she was gone, Kamaria asked Draco, "What if Mummy doesn't recognize me once my name is called?".



Draco placed his hands on the young witch's shoulders and told her that her mum will recognize her because ever since her kidnapping, he wore a locket that contained two pictures; one of her as a baby and one with her and her parents.


Before long, the students were in a grand hall with candles floating around. At the front of the hall, was a three-legged stool that had a ragged old hat on it. Suddenly, the hat opened it's "eyes" and "mouth" and started singing!


When the song was over, Prof. McGonagall pulled out a list and started calling names.

"Abbott, Hannah!"
A blonde girl with pigtails sat on the stool before the hat shouted out, "HUFFLEPUFF!!"


"Belladonna, Lapis!"
"SLYTHERIN!!!"


"Bones, Susan!"
"HUFFLEPUFF!"


"Brooklehurst, Ernie!"
"RAVENCLAW!!"


"Brooke, Mandy!"
"HUFFLEPUFF"


"Granger, Hermione!"
The bushy-haired girl from the train ran up and eagerly jammed the hat on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR!"


"Greenfield-Strauss, Lisanna Belle Anika!"

Lisanna Belle Anika nervously walked up to the hat and it barely touched her head before screaming out, "SLYTHERIN!!!!"


"Greengrass, Daphne!"
"SLYTHERIN!!!!"

"Malfoy, Draconis!"
"SLYTHERIN!!


"Patil, Padma!"
"GRYFFINDOR!!"


"Patil, Pavarti!"
"RAVENCLAW!!!!"


"Potter, Harriet!"

Nobody answered that name, so she moved on to the next name.


"Prince-Slytherin, Kamaria!"

Severus perked up at hearing the name and watched as the aforementioned girl looked him in the eye before smiling brightly and placing the hat on her head. His baby was home! Before long, he would be able to hold her in his arms again. Then, the hat made a decision.

"SLYTHERIN!!!"

Kamaria took the hat off and ran to join her friends at the Slytherin table, embracing Draco and Daphne tightly.


"Weasley, Ronald!"
"GRYFFINDOR!!!!"


"Zabini, Blaise!"
"SLYTHERIN!!!"


Now that all of the students have been sorted, the feast began. All the other Slytherins ate large portions, but Kamaria barely ate enough to even be called a meal!

When the Prefects escorted the students to the dungeons, Severus explained the rules and was about to send them all when one of the older students asked, "Professor, why did you perk up when Kamaria's name was called?".


That caused a murmur of agreement to fill the room, causing Severus to sigh. He knew that this was going to come up sooner or later, might as well get it over with.


"Because, I'm her mother. Kamaria is my daughter," Severus revealed, earning gasps from the students. It was that statement which prompted Kamaria to run into Severus's arms, crying.


"Mummy, Mummy!! I missed you so much!! Don't let me go again!" she hissed in Parseltongue while crying into Severus's chest.

Most of the Slytherins were shocked that she could speak Parseltongue, but what did you expect? She was the daughter of the Dark Lord after all. The students got an even bigger surprise when Severus started hissing as well.

"Never again, will you leave me, baby girl. I've been looking for you for years, but never managed to find you. I love you so much, Kimmy, and I won't let you go again." Severus replied as he hugged his daughter closer.


He singled Draco out of the crowd and beckoned him forward. Leaning closer to his godson's ear, Severus whispered, "Thank you, Draco. For finding my daughter and keeping her safe this past summer."


Draco just nodded and smiled as he joined the hug and pretty soon, the Slytherin common room became one big cuddle pile with Severus and his daughter right in the middle, surrounded by their family. The two of them smiled subconsciously while thinking, 'We'll find you, Tom/Daddy. And we'll be complete once more,' and drifted off to sleep.