Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is where the following people receive summons to Gringotts Wizarding Bank to hear the reading of the Potters' wills:

Albus Dumbledore

Minerva McGonagall

Lucius & Narcissa Malfoy

Severus & Kamaria Prince-Slytherin

Arthur, Ron, & Molly Weasley
Chapter 4: The Wills of James and Lilian Potter
A few weeks later, just 3 weeks short of Halloween, Albus, Minerva, Lucius and Narcissa, Severus and Kamaria, Arthur, Ron, and Molly Weasley all received summons from Gringotts bank to attend the will reading of James and Lilian Potter.


Kimmy had decided to go while under a glamour to make her look like Harriet Potter, just to fool Dumbledore.


At the bank, Dumbledore saw that 'Harri Potter' was here and with Severus instead of the Dursleys. "My dear girl, why weren't you at the Sorting? I was very worried about you," he said, donning the caring grandfather persona.


'Harri' snorted, then fell silent as Griphook entered the room.


"We are here to hear the will readings of Lord James and Lady Lilian Potter," Griphook announced before setting two pieces of parchment onto the table and a voice floating from the first one.


"I, Lord James Fleamont Potter, Lord of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter, being of sound body and mind, do hereby declare this to be my final will and testament. All previous wills and testaments are declared null and void.

I'm sorry, everyone, that I'm not there to watch Kamaria grow up. But, I hope that with the gifts I leave you, none of you will be upset and have something to remember me by.

First, to Remus Lupin AKA Moony, I leave you 10,000,000 galleons and our estate in France. You always talked about wanting to visit Paris, well, now you can. See the world and settle down with a certain black dog animagus friend of ours.
"

Remus blushed before looking away from Sirius pointedly.


"To Sirius Black, AKA Padfoot, I also leave you 10,000,000 galleons; even though you don't need it. I also leave you our house in the countryside. And for goodness sake, propose to Moony already and have some pups!"


Sirius looked at Remus with a wolfish grin that held sinful promises; which would be kept. Remus took one look at him and blushed even harder than before.


"To Severus Prince-Slytherin (née Snape), I leave all the potions ingredients and equipment that the Potter family owns and 11,000,000 galleons; which I also know you don't need because you're married to the richest wizard in England. I also leave you all of the photo albus that contain pictures of me and Lilian with you, Tom, Moony, and Padfoot together."


Severus looked at the parchment with a sad smile as he cuddled Kamaria into his side; a stray tear falling from his left eye.


"To Albus Dumbledore and Molly Weasley, I leave both of you with nothing. I know of the marriage contract that you have for Ron and Kamaria ; it sickens me that you both want to use a child as a weapon in a war that YOU TWO created.

To Arthur Weasley, I leave you 400,000 galleons and my seaside cottage. You deserve better than Molly; who, I might add, is cheating on you with Dumbledore behind your back.

And finally, to Kamaria Prince-Slytherin, my little Prongslet, I leave you everything else. I do not care if you aren't my biological daughter, I love you just like family. I am naming you the heiress to the Potter family. You may claim your heirship rings and inside the vaults are pictures of you as a baby and your first two years of life with your parents. I love you all so much, and I will miss you. Goodbye, my friends, and remember our promise: Best friends today, tomorrow, and always. This concludes my last will and testament, so mote be it.
".



There wasn't a dry eye in the room after James finished his will; except for a furious Arthur, Molly, and Dumbledore. It was only with Griphook interjecting with, "And now we will move on to the Lady Potter's will."


The second piece of parchment was placed on the table before Lilian's beautiful voice emanated from it.

"I, Lilian Jeanette Potter (née Evans), Lady of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter, being of sound mind and body, do hereby declare this to be my last will and testament. For those who are hearing this, I'm sorry that I am no longer in your lives, but I hope that the gifts I leave behind will help you all remember me by.

To Remus Lupin, I leave all of my storybooks and a novel that I wrote on werewolves. I know how much you hate your inner wolf, and yes, both Severus and I have always known that you were a werewolf. But, I'm getting off topic here.


To Sirius Black, I am returning your prank notebook and leave 78,000 galleons as well as a special dragon fang necklace. To find out what it does, you will have to wait until you are in a situation of life of death.


To my best childhood friend, Severus Prince-Slytherin (née Snape), I leave you my charms notes and my potions notes. I also gift you with a special crown and ring that can aid you in your ambitions. The reason that I leave you with my charms notes is because I know of your knack for spellcrafting and I know that you can use your knowledge to better our world instead of keeping it in the shadows.


Finally, to Kamaria Prince-Slytherin, my little star and niece in all but blood, I leave you with everything else that I own. If you are hearing this, sweetheart, then that means that I was able to protect you. You see, I used a sacrificial ritual fueled by love to counteract the Killing Curse. And it is for this reason, that you were able to see another day.

If James and I are deceased, then Kamaria is to be transferred straight into the care of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy; whom I leave a very special job: Help raise Kamaria and be there while we cannot.

I love you all so very much, and will miss you terribly. Like James said, remember our promise: Best friends today, tomorrow, and always. This concludes my last will and testament. So mote be it.
".
To be continued...