Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Harry will never be able to return to the dursleys after what he did.
Hogwarts
Harry stayed in diagon Alley for the first week after he'd left the Dursleys. He knew he couldn't go back, but he didn't mind. Draco had introduced him to his father, Lucius Malfoy.

Hagrid didn't like how Harry was with the Malfoys. Then, after the first week, Harry met Professor Snape. Snape was at the apothecary. Harry immediately recoiled away from this man.

He had sallow skin and greasy black hair. He looked at Harry, and his eyes flicked to Harry's scar.

"Ah. You must be Harry Potter. You look just like your father." Snape sneered. Harry rolled his eyes.

"So I've heard." He replied.

"Who are you here with?" Snape asked.

"Mr. Malfoy and his son." Harry replied.

"Who are you?" Harry demanded suddenly.

"Severus Snape, and when you get to Hogwarts, Professor to you." Snape said.

"And what class?" Harry asked.

"Potions." Snape replied.

"I was told my mother was good at potions. We'll see whose genes I got. Personally, I'd prefer hers. From what I understand, my father was an arrogant git, and I'd rather not be compared to him. Lastly, you'll have to earn my respect. It's not just given." Harry said coldly, and he turned and left.

Snape glared after him. Harry returned to Fortescue where Narcissa Malfoy stood with Draco, who was arguing with her. When he arrived she smiled warmly.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"She won't let me get a racing broom." Draco explained.

"Draco, it's much too dangerous." She scolded.

"It can't be that bad." Harry said. She glanced at him.

"Well I mean, think about it. He's seen people flying his whole life, he grew up with a toy broom, so he already has that practice, and we have a flying class at school." Harry explained. She didn't seem convinced.

"Come on Mother, he makes a good point." Draco pleaded.

"Oh alright. But be careful." She said softly, and they went into Quality Quidditch Supplies, where Draco selected a nimbus two thousand.

Narcissa offered to pay for Harry's as well, but he had preferred to do it himself.

They had dinner at the Leaky cauldron.

"Why don't you spend the rest of the holiday with us?" Lucius asked Harry.

Draco's eyes lit up. "Please say yes!" He pleaded.

"I haven't exactly got anywhere else to go." Harry grinned. The Malfoys took him in, and Draco led him in a tour of their manor.

It was beautiful. There were pure white peacocks strutting about the lawn, and a house elf in a tea cozy. At first, he was delighted to meet Harry, but he soon learned to stay far away.
Chapter End Notes:
More if y'all like this. Comment your thoughts below. The snape and harry relationship will be more defined in the next chapter. While I do ship harry and Draco, I feel like they should be more brotherly in this. Comment what house you want Harry in. This will shape the rest of the fic. More choices to come.

Also, Revised, fixed.