Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Harry
At the very beginning of my lesson today, I slipped the watch Potter wanted me to fix to him, and said nothing of it to him. I couldn't look at him. Gryffindor seemed happier now that I'd left them alone. Goyle blew up his cauldron.

"What did you do?" I asked. It was such a basic and safe potion. How could that idiot have blown up the cauldron. I investigated.

"Tell me, that you did not add erumpent horn essence." I groaned through gritted teeth.

"I didn't have beetle eyes, so I thought that would be a good substitute. It looks similar to me." The insolent fool replied.

"Similar in appearance means nothing to similar in components. 15 points from Slytherin, and a detention, Goyle." I hissed. everyone looked stunned. at the end of class, as everyone brought up their Phials of potion. Potter waited until everyone else left, then came up to my desk.

"Thank you so much professor. You have no idea how much it means to me." Potter said, having switched watches.

"Just don't play Quidditch while wearing it Potter. It could have been so much worse." I replied.

Then, he did something unexpected. He took the other watch from his pocket, and handed it to me. "I don't need this one anymore, so as a thank you, I want you to have it." He told me.

For once, I was speechless. There was no need to try and get it back forcefully. I took it in my hands gingerly. Potter smiled, and left.
To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS