Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
Sorry I haven't written in a while. I lost motivation.
Run, Harry, Run
Running. That's all he could think to do. So he ran. It wasn't until he reached the gates that he stopped. He couldn't stay here. it wasn't safe. he had to go. As he was about to push open the gate, he hesitated. Hogwarts was the first home he'd ever known, and now, he was leaving.

What would the dursleys say if he turned up, halfway through the school year, and begged to stay?

Laugh, more likely than not. But that was all he had. where else could he go? To sirius's place?

He pushed that thought out of his head. Of course not. Sirius would get caught, and shipped back to Azkaban if He told him anything.

That's if Sirius believed him at all.

Mrs. Figg liked him well enough. Maybe he could get used to stale cakes and cat stories. Maybe she'd take him in.

Anywhere but here. And so, with this in mind, Harry walked out of the boundary, and flew on his broom. He flew high, so no one would spot him. He kept flying, all through the night. He didn't stop until he reached the familiar street.

He shuddered against the cold. Surely the Dursleys would take him in. They had to let him stay. He landed on the street, and opened hedwig's cage. "I want you to go to the Weasleys. Stay with them for a while, okay? You know the Dursleys don't like you. I want you to be happy." Harry whispered. With a huff, Hedwig took off.

His hopes went with her.

Harry then looked at his broom. He hadn't brought his spell books, cauldrons, or anything other than his muggle clothes, his wand, and his broom. What could he do with it? He thought for a moment. He'd figure it out. It felt wrong to consider throwing it away. Besides, wouldn't the Dursleys want to know how he got here?

Harry sat on the doorstep. It was way too early to knock. Too early to ring the doorbell, and so he decided he'd wait until morning.

Vernon Dursley started his morning as he usually did. No one ever mentioned Harry, or that School. Dudley was happy, and his wife was cooking his breakfast, before she went to spy on the neighbors. Suddenly, the door opened, and there was scuffling. Vernon went to see what was going on.

Dudley had a struggling Harry by the arm.

"He was sleeping on the doorstep." He said, pointing at Harry.

"Let me go!" Harry replied.

"What are you doing here?" Vernon demanded, as Dudley pushed harry to the floor.

"I can't go back. Please, you can't send me back. Those, people, are awful." Harry said. This confused Vernon. "What?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it. I got rid of all my supplies, and I'm sending off my broom first chance I get. I want nothing to do with that world. I even sent off my owl." Harry said.

Vernon was speechless. All this time, he tried to squash it out of him, and here the boy was, trying to escape it.

"I tried to warn you boy." Vernon replied.

"Please, let me stay here. I'll go to whatever school you send me to, without complaint. I have my actual clothes, not the ridiculous uniform, and no contact with any of that lot." Harry pleaded.

"Fine. But no more mention of this abnormality." He replied.