Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Snape meets Vernon Dursley
Chapter 11 Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold
Shuddering as a cold breeze was felt brushing against his bare body, Harry startled awake, frowning in the pitch black room. He made to sit up, needing to grab his glasses from the bedside table, but he couldn't, everything ached, as if he had been hit by a bludger. Maybe he had.

A loud banging sound, startled Harry from his thoughts on how he had got himself here, when, as far as he could recall, he had been–

Dread creeping in, he tried to assess the room he was in, but, he couldn't tell where he was, due to the room being pitch black and the fact that he didn't have his glasses on, so, wherever he was, the room was blurry, but he had a feeling he wasn't in the guest bedroom at Snape manor anymore. Feelings of betrayal and feeling more like a freak entered his mind. He knew that whatever he was currently stuck lying on, didn't feel like clouds. No, it felt like...

Familiar loud, thunderous footsteps came running up the stairs, sounding a lot like an Elephant, but, Harry knew better, he knew who's footsteps they were and that caused his heart to hammer with fear against his chest. The familiar sound of keys being inserted into the several different locks that were on the other side of the door.

Harry flinched as the bedroom door banged open, he squinted when the hallway light shone through, past the whale sized body and into the tiny bedroom, and he froze in fear when he looked up and saw the familiar purple face. Uncle Vernon.

Remembering what had happened the last time when he saw his uncle this angry, Harry's fear escalated.

In that moment, he forgot about all the stuff his relatives ever said to him. He forgot about all the punishments he received for getting the authorities involved many times before-due to someone seeing bruises on him, or a teacher at primary school seeing how underfed he was or a neighbour hearing how his aunt and uncle treated him. Instead, all he focused on was the last hope he felt, hope that someone would hear him and come to his rescue as he let out a scream for help.

Only, that didn't work, his throat was sore, too sore to make enough noise.

Vernon Dursley switched on the bedroom light, smirking at a squinting Harry.

"No one will be able to hear you now, freak." He spat, already unbuckling his belt. "Not even those freaky friends of yours!" Vernon raised his belt, as soon as he was standing arm's length away from a terrified Harry, who was pushing the pain away so he could try and escape.

‘No, please uncle, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do anything freaky’ The Gryffindor wanted to say loud and clear to his uncle, clinging on to the last bit of hope, he ignored the tiny voice in his head that reminded him his uncle had never listened to him the previous times he was being punished.

As if reading his thoughts Vernon Dursley, yelled at him.

“What was that boy! Didn't mean to be a freak! Of course you always mean to, you've always been a freak!” Vernon spat the word freak.


*****

*POP*

The potions master flinched awake, frowning shortly when his eyes adjusted to the morning sun light, he wondered for only a moment as to why he was in Pott....in the guestroom where Potter usually slept and....

Memories from last night came flooding back to the forefront of his mind. He remembered the nightmare he had, Lily appearing in his sleep again, and he remembered Lily telling him that her son was also having a nightmare, but she and James couldn't seem to wake him up on their own-they had visited Potter in his dream before Lily came to visit him-and when he had tried himself, after waking up he also couldn't wake the boy up like usual, meaning he had to use legilimency on Lily's son.

A sickening feeling entered his stomach when he remembered the images he saw from Potter's nightmare last night.

Forget gift wrapping the muggle to my old Death Eater colleagues, I'll kill the beast myself.

More awake, Severus felt an unfamiliar, light, but heavy weight lying on top of him. he glanced down, noticing it was Potter's son. He frowned, about to move the boy away from him, to the other side of the bed, but then he paused, remembering something else from last night. Ah yes, to perform Legilimency on the sleeping boy, I had to be in close contact with him.

Tired, from the night before, Severus was about to go back to sleep, not caring for once if he was sharing a bed. For now, all he just wanted to do was close his eyes, however, it seemed, that wouldn't be happening.

“Master Severus sir,” Severus startled, unexpectedly hearing his house elf, he turned to look at the creature, who took a step back.

“Bloody hell, Lucy! You startled me!” he growled out.

His eyes went wide as he remembered the events of last night and he once again glanced at his ward, making sure Potter hadn't woken. Severus let out another relieved sigh, glad the boy was still asleep. Good, I didn't wake him up.

“Sorry master Severus sir, but Lucy,”

Severus shook his head, putting a hand up to silence his house elf. He looked at Lucy and just said in a quieter, warning tone, “just don't let it happen again.” He told her.

Lucy nodded, promising not to startle him again. At Severus's nod, she continued talking.

“Master Severus sir is needed down stairs sir,” Severus frowned, confused. Why am I needed downstairs.

Lucy, seeing Severus's confused look, explained.

“Headmaster Dumbledore sirs is in Master Severus’ sirs study...just arrived now.”

Severus let out a reluctant sigh. Knowing all he wanted to do was go back to bed, unfortunately, he couldn't keep Dumbledore waiting.

A smirk appeared shortly on his face when he realized that he would be having a serious talk with the headmaster, today.

“Tell the headmaster that I shall be down there shortly.” Severus said, again, in a quiet tone so as not to wake his sleeping ward.

Lucy nodded, asked if Severus wanted anything before she left. He thought about it, then shook his head.

“Just alert me if Potter should wake.” Severus, gently maneuvered Potter off of him, and once he was sure the boy was comfortable on the bed, he tucked the child in, then, just before he turned to leave the room, a traitorous hand of his, made its way to the boy's hair, brushing his fingers through the messy raven hair.

He pulled his hand back, remembering that he had a visitor to yell at...and probably hex into the next century.

Pausing in the study entrance, Severus held back a scowl when he saw the headmaster comfortably sitting there on one of the sofas as if everything was fine and....

“Severus, my boy, how are you?” the headmaster greeted, interrupted his thoughts.

Holding back from rolling his eyes, Severus responded sarcastically. “Just peachy, headmaster,” in a serious tone, he said, "now if that is all you're here for, then I suggest you leave, as I do not have the energy right now to have small talk.”

The headmaster had a look of concern on his face. Standing up, the headmaster made his way over to Severus who just continued standing there by the doorway, his arms crossed and his face, paler than usual.

“It's Albus, Severus. Now, come sit down,” the headmaster gently said, placing a gentle hand on the potions master's shoulders, who flinched at the touch.

“Don't touch me!” Severus scowled at his employer. Stepping back from the startled man. He couldn't help but hate the look of concern the headmaster was giving him.

I'm thirty three, not a child. He doesn't need to look at me like that!

Severus' mood softened a bit when he saw the headmaster still giving him a look of concern. An uncomfortable feeling of guilt for snapping at the headmaster bubbled in the pit of his stomach.

He sighed, “forgive me headmaster, but it's been a long....few weeks since I last saw you and I haven't been sleeping very well, recently. Due to....circumstances. I'm...just a little, snappish, that's all.”

“Oh dear, what is troubling you my boy?” Albus asked, as he guided Severus over to the sofas. This time Severus didn't flinch from him when he placed a supportive hand on the back his shoulders.

Severus shook his head. He didn't want anyone to know. It was a stupid reason, really. Well, that is what he's been telling himself for the past fourteen days.

“Did you want a drink headmaster?” he offered, changing the subject.

Albus shook his head in the negative as he took a seat himself, across from the younger wizard.

“Oh no, I'm fine. Thank you Severus, in fact, I won't be too long and I have a lovely mug of hot chocolate waiting for me back in my living quarters.” Albus declined, smiling. His blue eyes twinkling like stars.

“Then why are you here, headmaster? Is it about Mr Pott....Harr....Mr Pott....” Severus rolled his eyes. “Potter's relatives? Did you find his aunt by any chance? Wha....”

Albus shook his head, putting up a hand to silence the potions master. Gone was the twinkling eyes and the smile, replaced with a serious expression.

“No Severus, it isn't about Mr Potter's relatives....although, there is still no change. We cannot find Mrs Dursley or her son, nor can we have Mr Dursley arrested unless the boy decides to....”

Severus shook his head.

“No, it's too soon headmaster. The boy isn't yet ready. I'd rather wait awhile, than have the boy sitting in a courtroom full of strangers all discussing about his abuse and whether his uncle should be arrested or not. Especially if the boy has to be in the same room as his uncle.”

Besides, I'll handle the beast myself in the meantime.

*****

"I thought so, Severus. Now, the reason why am here, is, because there has been...." Albus sighed, glancing at Severus. "Did you see the news in the Daily propet, Severus? Concerning,"

"Black?" Severus raised a questioning eyebrow.

Albus nodded.

"Then yes I have. How could that happen, headmaster, Azkaban is one of the most secure wizarding prison throughout the entire wizarding world!" Severus hissed, unable to control himself.

Albus shook his head. ' Minister Fudge is trying to figure that out himself. While Sirius Black is on the loose, Severus, Harry must be..."

"Yes I know, headmaster. I've read that as well." Severus stood up, pacing back and forth across his study floor. "Black must be caught headmaster, I won't have him harming Lily's son. I'll kill the man myself if I have to."

Albus stood up, giving the potions master a serious, firm look. He knew how protective Severus got, over anyone he cares about, and though Severus hadn't seen the Potter boy for ten whole years, he had known that Severus, when Harry had come to Hogwarts, back in the boy's first year, he knew that Severus would protect the boy at all costs. In fact, Severus had fought tooth and nail with he and Minerva, when he found out they had decided to allow Harry to be the new Gryffindor seeker, claiming that it was too dangerous.

The potions master had lost that argument.

The next time Albus had seen Severus concerned for the boy was after the troll incident. Severus had went back up to Albus' office with him, and had paced holes in the floor, claiming that Minerva was even more senile that he, the headmaster was. Albus had to hide a chuckle at that.

After the boy's first Quidditch match, Severus had demanded he fire Quirrell, or get rid of the stone before Quirrell could get to it. Severus had been angry with him when he refused to do neither.

The bad temper that followed Severus when he was in a protective mode, was the reason why Albus had told a little white lie to the young wizard, at the end of Harry's first year and at the end of Harry's second year, with the philosopher's stone incident and the Chamber of secrets incident. He knew very well how the potions master would have reacted if he had told the man exactly what had happened. He was sure, Severus would have had his head for endangering Lily's son.

"If it comes down to that Severus, I will not let you. In fact, I will have Madam Pomfrey or your uncle, put you in a strong body bind should you try to kill Sirius Black yourself....Lily's son needs you, Severus, and...."

Severus snorted.

"Lily's son needs me? I highly doubt it headmaster, not after what I had almost done to the boy yesterday afternoon." The potions master spat, hating the fact that he had managed to lose control of his emotions to the point where, after one mistake the boy makes, he not only yells at the boy, but he raises a hand towards him, planning to hit the boy out of anger.

The headmaster furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm sure you couldn't have done anything that...."

"Bad?" Severus interrupted. Glaring at the headmaster. "Tell me, Albus, what would you call, almost hitting the boy, then, if not bad?"
He saw the shocked look on his employer's face at that reveal. "Yes Albus, the boy makes one simple mistake yesterday, and I had nearly hit the boy!" He hissed, angry with himself.

"You nearly hit the boy Severus?" Albus questioned, eyebrows raised.

Severus narrowed his eyes at the headmaster, wondering just what was going through the Gryffindor's thick skull.

"Yes, Albus, I believe, I have just said that" he drawled, not at all liking the look on the older wizard's face. What is he up to?

"Though I am disappointed with your actions, Severus, however, I am also proud of you, and I am sure you uncle, will be proud of you as well...."

Severus wanted to interrupt but remained quiet.

"Yes, you over-reacted Severus, but you controlled yourself before you harmed the boy. That is more than the Dursleys had ever done, even Lily's sister, Petunia, from what Arabella Figg said."

"Figg? Arabella Figg? You let that blasted oblivious squib be near Potter, while I on the other hand, was kept in the dark for ten blasted years, which is when you decided to tell me where the boy lived!" Severus hissed, annoyed with the headmaster. " Not only that, but you didn't let me visit Lily's child,"

Albus sighed.

"I apologise Severus, really, I..."

"Enough! I don't want to hear it old man! What that monster did to Lily's son could have all been avoided if you had listened to me many years ago and placed the boy with..."

"With who Severus? Remus Lupin? He's a werewolf, as you've pointed out to me, the last time I was here. Sirius Black? He betrayed Lily and James, killed Peter Pettigrew along with thirteen muggles. You? You had the Dark mark, plus you are not a blood relative, that was the reason why I..."

"I was talking about Lily's cousins, Albus, the ones that would have been happy with caring for Potter."

"Cousins, Severus? You mean the ones that had moved to America not too long before Lily and James were killed?" The headmaster raised an eyebrow.

Severus nodded his head. Knowing that they would have taken much better care of Lily's son.

"Yes, Albus, they would have...."

"I am sure you are right Severus, they would have taken better care of Harry, but not only were they Lily's cousins, but, they were also dead, Severus. Lily's entire family, apart from her sister, were killed weeks before Lily and James were. The only reason why...."

Severus looked up at the headmaster, glaring daggers. He was sure, if looks could kill, the headmaster would have dropped dead by now. "Dead? Lily's cousins were...."

Breathe Severus....breathe.

In, out, in out.... that's it Severus, well done.

The potions master felt his hand twitch for his wand.

After putting up a one-way silencing charm on the door, Severus had his wand, aimed at the headmaster, who had his hands up in a placate manner.

"Severus, you don't want to...."

A flash of white shot out of the potions master's wand, hitting the headmaster, who had turned around, trying to protect his face and chest as much as possible, which meant that the hex had hit his back, which startled the headmaster, and he yelped out from the stinging hex.

"Come now Seve...." The headmaster was hit in the same place with the same hex again, yelping out once more. When he was sure that he wasn't going to be hexed or anything like that, Albus straightened himself up and turned to look at potions master with an apologetic look. "I didn't mean to. Surely you...can..." He tried again,

"I can what, headmaster? They're dead, Lily's cousins are dead!" Severus hissed, his anger aimed towards the headmaster, the man he had trusted for all these years. "You lied to me Albus!"

Albus shook his head, a look of regret clearly on his face. Severus was too hurt by the man to notice. "Out! Get out!"

"Seve...." The headmaster yelped again, retreating his hand, the one that had been hit by the stinging hex. One look at the potions master's face, told Albus that he should just leave. He sighed, nodding his head. "Very well, Severus, I shall leave." He turned around and headed for the floo.

Severus remained glaring at the headmaster, ignoring the older wizard's look when the man looked back before stepping into the grass green flames.

Once the headmaster had flooed back to his living quarters, Severus called for his house elf, asking her to keep an eye on the young Potter boy, and making sure he eats some food once he wakes. He then left through the front door of the manor, after telling Lucy that he was going out somewhere and possibly won't be back until lunchtime.

*****

Not long after Snape left the manor, Harry woke up, mostly due to his stomach growling. He sighed, not really in the mood for food, in fact, the thought of eating was making him want to vomit. Instead, he put his glasses on, climbed out of bed, grabbed some clothes from his trunk, then made his way to the bathroom, where he was going to have a shower.

About to lock the door, but remembering that he wasn't allowed to, he reluctantly sighed, and just started stripping.

While this happened, Lucy popped into the bathroom, about to ask the young master if he wanted any breakfast.

Startled, Harry jumped, grabbing the towel hanging from the towel rail until Harry got over hs scare and told Lucy that she was forgiven and that it was okay. He told her that she didn't know. Lucy balled up in tears and would have wept at the kindness Harry constantly showed her, if she didn't know how to control herself.

"Lucy be told from Master Severus sir that the young master Harry Potter sir is to eat breakfast as soon as he wakes." She told him, basically, her way of asking if Harry wanted breakfast right now.

Ignoring his stomach growling, Harry shook his head. "I'm uh, alright Lucy for now. I uh...was just about to have a shower actually. Maybe....maybe, afterwards" he told her.

Lucy was about to pop away but heard the young master's stomach growling. She crossed her arms, tapped her foot, and looked up at the young master with a glare.

If he was in any other situation, Harry would have laughed at how cute she looked, but knowing how she was with Snape, he didn’t want to get on the elf's bad side at all. He sighed, knowing he had to convince the elf that he was fine.

"I promise I'll eat after my shower Lucy. I just want to shower right now, I'm not yet in the mood to eat." He said in a serious tone.

Lucy looked him up and down with her tennis ball sized eyes, making Harry feel uncomfortable, to the point where his cheeks blushed red. "Fine, but you's are going to eat right after your shower and master Severus sirs does not want yous to be locking door or skipping any meals."

A strange, warm fuzzy feeling entered Harry's chest at hearing that Snape wanted him to not skip any meal or lock the bathroom door while he was showering. No adult, apart from Mrs Weasley and his primary school teacher, had made sure he ate something and no adult in all his life had told him that he wasn't allowed to have any doors locked, just in case he was going to hurt himself.

His relatives, always used to tell him that he should have died along with his parents.

He looked at Lucy, giving her a small nod. "Al-alright Lucy, and I promise I won't have the door locked while I'm showering. I know Snape still doesn't want me locking the door and after," he shook his head, shuddering at the memory of yesterday. He definitely didn't want to see that side of Snape ever again. "Never mind. You can be uh, sure that I won't be locking the bathroom door."

Lucy, after asking if Harry wanted anything else before she left, popped out of the room when he shook his head, dismissing her.

Harry let out a sigh as he put the towel back onto the towel rail, once he was sure Lucy wasn't going to come unexpectedly popping back into the room. He then continued to strip until he was bare, then jumped into the shower, after turning the water on.

After spending at least half an hour in the shower, the young Gryffindor stepped out, grabbed the pile of clean clothes from the floor and slipped them on, sighing with reluctance and wishing he could spend a little more time in the shower, but after previous times spent for more than half an hour in the shower, and Snape coming up to check on him, he didn't want that to happen again, so, he made sure to at least spend half an hour under the water.

The clothes he wore were still his baggy, hand-me-down clothes from his cousin Dudley, the clothes that Snape had bought tailor made for him, had yet to arrive. Though from what Snape said, that shouldn't be too long now.

His stomach continued growling in hunger, and Harry, knowing he couldn't put off breakfast any longer, made his way down. He had expected to see Snape, somewhere along the way with a glare and demanding a good excuse as to why he was late to breakfast, like the professor usually does on the days he sometimes arrives late to meals, the times when Snape's working in his study or his lab. On the other days, Snape usually comes and collects him and they both walk to whatever meal it was.

Not seeing Snape anywhere on the way down to breakfast, Harry expected to see the man sitting at the dining table with either a bowl or plate of whatever Lucy prepared for the potions master, however, when he arrived into the dining room, he noticed the room was quiet and empty for the first time. He frowned, wondering if Snape was still mad at him for what happened with the potion yesterday.

A sickening feeling entered his stomach just as Lucy popped into the room with a familiar bowl of porridge and a glass of water. The inside of his stomach churned, as he recalled the ni.... dream he had last night. He gulped, as he stared down unblinkingly at the porridge, wondering if the dream would actually happen, wondering if he was going to be told sometime today that he was to pack his 'freaky stuff' and be brought back to his relatives' home.

*****

Throughout the morning, after apologising to Lucy and telling her that he could not stomach the breakfast earlier, Harry, was to say the least, nervous and was constantly on his guard, waiting for Snape to pop out of nowhere and demand he leave the manor.

While he was outside on one of the deckchairs under the shaded oak tree, Harry sat there, sketching a new picture of Hedwig from memory. When he was finished, an hour later, he decided to leave his drawing stuff back in his trunk then walk round the garden. The least I am away from Snape, the better.

That lasted for quite some time, and Harry found some interesting looking plants as well as a lake at the back of the garden, something Harry had no desire to be anywhere near. When he had almost stumbled.... accidentally into the lake, due to not watching where he was going and too caught up in his fear of being sent back to the Dursleys anytime soon, Harry's heart rate increase in fear and panic, but as soon as he was far from the lake, he managed to get his heart rate back to normal.

Having had enough of the garden for one day, he decided that he was going to read. If this was going to be his last day here at the manor, then he wanted to make sure he got to read one last time in the library, knowing that once he was back at his relatives, he'd either be dead, and if he wasn't dead, then permanently locked in his cupboard under the stairs. He shuddered, not wanting to ever go back there again.

Before going up to the library, he went back up to the guestroom, to grab a book he was currently reading, The Hardy Boys: The secret of the old mill, by Franklin W. Dixon. Grabbing the book from the bedside table, Harry made his way up to the library.

Arriving in the library, Harry decided to choose a different spot to sit and read, out on the balcony, which was overlooking the back garden. Sitting on the Oxford rattan wicker two seater, in the calming, English summer breeze, Harry, leaned back into the comfortable, cushioned chair, opened up the book onto the page he had got up to, and then he started reading.

Soothed by the breeze, and the comfiness of the wicker chair, the Gryffindor boy slowly drifted off in to a restless sleep and didn't wake up until heard the sound of Lucy popping onto the balcony, startling him. The elf once again apologised. Harry supressed a sigh.

Lucy, after numerous apologies, told Harry that lunch will be ready in a minute.

The young Gryffindor nodded as he wiped the sleep out of his eyes. Slightly hungry, he told Lucy that he'd be down shortly. When she left, Harry made his way down from the library, bringing the book with him. He planned to leave it in the guestroom, later, he'd continue reading, possibly when it's time for bed.

With that in mind, Harry entered the familiar guestroom, wondering why Snape had not yet told him to leave the manor. Putting the book back down on the bedside table, then made his way down to lunch.

Once again, Snape wasn't in the dining room and nor did Harry bump into him on the way down. Eating a bit of his lunch, but like breakfast, he wasn't able to stomach much, so in the end, after a few spoonful's of soup later, he exited the room, and made his way back upstairs to the guestroom.

Instead of going up to the library or out on the grounds or exploring the manor, the Gryffindor decided to try and pack the only thing that was out of his trunk, like his Nimbus 2000 broomstick, so that he'd be ready for when Snape came and told him to leave the manor.

*****

Dressed in his usual wizarding attire, black robes and his swishing black cloak, Severus apparated into the hallway of #4 Privet Drive on the ground floor. Whipping his wand out, Severus glanced around the hallway, noticing how dusty the area had gotten. He shook his head, reminding himself that he wasn't here to rate muggle houses on their appearance. No, he was here for something else. He smirked, using his wand and using the spell,

"Homenum rev...."

A loud snore stopped Severus from finishing the spell. His smirk grew wider. The muggle is just in the living room.

Severus followed the snoring sound of the beast, his wand still out and on guard, ready to use. Entering through the living room entrance, Severus glared darkly at the sleeping beast, a list of spells all entering his mind, the ones he knew he could use on the muggle without being sent to Azkaban or getting kissed by the dementors.

Severus flicked his wand at the muggle and a white light came out, shooting at the man still fast asleep on the sofa, unaware of....

A moan escaped the muggle, who sat up so quickly that, the potions master was hoping he would hurt himself. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

"Wha-who the ruddy hell are you?" Asked the beefy muggle, wincing in pain as he stood up from the sofa. He frowned, his face growing purple.

"Good morning to you too, muggle" Severus drawled, standing there with his arms crossed, twirling his wand purposely in front of the beast who had dared to hurt Lily's son. He noticed for the first time, the man looked as if he hadn't slept in days, maybe weeks, his hair was a mess and his clothes were...Severus held his breath. The muggle's clothing was, smelly and covered in stains. The muggle himself, even smelled as if he hadn't washed in days.

If this was any other muggle, Severus might have felt pity, and then there was the strong smell of alcohol coming from the muggle's breath, reminding Severus what this man had done to Lily's son and he wasn't going to allow him to get away with any of it.

"You have no right, freak, no righ...." The beast stopped yelling as soon as Severus had his wand pointing towards the muggle.

"One word, muggle, and I swear to Merlin that you will not live to....to see the day ever again." Severus hissed, his blood boiling with anger. Images from what this beast had done to the boy back at home swirled round in his mind.

"Now, l-look here, fr....."

Severus sent another stinging hex at the man. One that was a lot harsher than the previous one. "What did I just say, beast!" He spat. Tempted to use the curse he had invented many years ago. "You, after what you did to Lily's son, beast, have no right to call any of us in the wizarding world, freaks. YOU are the freak, to us! Abusing a helpless child in every way you could possibly think of."

Releasing his temper on the muggle, Severus aimed his wand again at the whale sized muggle man and said the spell he hadn't said in a long time. "Sectumsempra."

Ignoring the muggle's sound of pain, ignoring the sound of the muggle begging for him to stop and to not kill him, Severus yelled at the man. "You dare to beg me to stop hurting you, you dare beg me not to kill you? When you of all people had never shown any mercy to Lily's son, the one you should have cared for along with your horrible wife? How dare you beg me to spare you, filthy muggle!" He spat, while repeating the spell, making sure to avoid certain areas, like around the muggle's heart. It wouldn't do to kill the man just yet.

Instead, he just continued slashing both the man's legs and arms, until the muggle was heavily wheezing. Severus however, didn't heal the muggle until a moment or two later, after deciding to let him suffer a little bit longer.

When he finally relented and healed the wounds from the spell, Severus had a few last things he would do with the muggle. Using legilimency, harshly, on the muggle, he sifted through the beast's mind, looking for certain memories. Memories of Potter's life growing up here, all from the beast's point of view. When he was finished, Severus felt his blood boiling again.

Deciding to use an old ancient spell, that has not been used for many years, Severus aimed his wand at the passed-out muggle. He revived him, then he explained the spell as he casted it on the man.

"Due to how you treated your nephew, Harry James Potter, muggle, after I have finished casting this spell on you, you will experience, every feeling, every bad memory, every horror, every pain the boy has had to experience while under your so called 'tender, loving care'" Severus started the spell, continuing to ignore the pleading look he was receiving from the muggle.

Several minutes later, Severus hissed the words for the spell, "servivit in catino optime frigoris vindicta" Once he finished the spell, Severus explained to the muggle that the spell won't end either unless he feels remorse for what he did or unless he gets arrested.

Shortly, after levitating the passed-out muggle into the cupboard, where he had found Lily's son, Severus had locked the cupboard door...it wouldn't do to have the beast escape before he gets arrested, although, Severus didn't doubt the muggle would rather stay in the safety of #4 Privet Drive, if he knew what was good for him. With a smirk, the potions master disapparated himself from the hallway back to Snape manor.