Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter or any of the other things that J.K. Rowling owns.
Answers

Dumbledore lifted his head from his work as his office door banged open.

“Hello Severus.”

“Hello Albus. I came to tell you about something rather interesting that happened at the Deatheaters’ meeting.”

“Ah yes, and what would that be?”

Snape settled himself into a chair. “It seems that Potter might not be completely gone as we had thought.”

“Really? And since when did we think he was completely gone?”

Snape raised his eyebrows. “What do you mean? You knew he was still…somewhere?”

“Right after you left, I found this.” Dumbledore held up a book that seemed to be in a rather poor condition. “I seemed to have forgotten that I had this. It was a gift from an old friend and I never got around to reading it. I noticed it while I was trying to find information on the Occisor, so I pulled it out and started to read it. It turns out that there has been someone who has reappeared after, well, disappearing.”

“You mean someone was able to come back after being touched by the Occisor? Who was it?”

“I don’t know.”

Snape looked at Dumbledore in confusion. “What do you mean you don’t know?”

“The book, which happens to be a diary, doesn’t have a name in it.”

“Diary?”

“This is the record of the one person who disappeared into the other world and was able to come back. It seems that they were writing in this very diary when they happened to be touched by the Occisor and brought it with them into the other world.”

“Does it say how they returned?”

“Luckily, yes.”

“Well how did they do it?!”

“Patience Severus, I’ll let you read it yourself.” Dumbledore handed him the book. “It’s the last few pages.”

Snape took the diary and opened it towards the end and started to read.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile Harry was still running through the halls towards the Headmaster’s office when he tripped and flew face first through a wall. He landed on the floor and looked around.

“Where am I, this isn’t a classroom.”

Chains were hanging around the room on the walls. A few were hanging from the ceiling. Dust and cobwebs covered almost everything.

“Wait a sec…this must be the old, er, detention room. Filch said something about this once.”

Harry stood up and walked to the other side of the chamber. There was a big wood door on the far wall. There looked like there were at least ten locks on it and most likely even more charms.

“It’s a good thing I can walk right through the door. It would take me days to get it open.”

Harry walked through the door and emerged in a stone hallway.

“It’s so cold, I must be near the dungeons.”

He started walking down the hall. There weren’t any paintings on the walls.

“Probably to cold even for them.”

There was only one door at the end of the hall. Harry walked through it and found himself in another hallway. There was another door at the end of this hall, but there was also one lone painting hanging on the wall. Harry walked up to it. Whoever was supposed to be in the painting wasn’t there.

“The only reason for having a painting down here would be to hide a room.” Harry thought to himself.

His curiosity got the best of him and he went through the painting.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Snape started to read an entry from the diary.

I don’t know what to do. I’ve been here, in this world, for at least two weeks. I’m slowly dying from starvation. The monster has shown up again. I think he can smell me. I won’t be able to hide for much longer. It seems that the monster is the only one who has access to this place, this world. I’m getting desperate. There seems to be no hope for me. I figure that I am going to die in this place, so I might as well die doing something that will help others. I am going to try and kill the monster. My wand doesn’t seem to work, so I am just going to have to use my bare hands. I will have to do it soon. I am thinking I will do it tonight while the monster is with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. If I do manage to slay the monster, I want the Dark Lord to see it happen right in front of his eyes.

Snape turned the page, but found nothing more on the pages after. As he turned to the last page, he noticed some writing on the back of it.

If this diary is ever found, let all who read it know that there is a way out, just touch the monster.

Snape read the last sentence over again. “Does this mean he escaped from the Occisor’s world when he tried to strangle it?”

“I believe so.” Dumbledore answered.

“What happened to him then?”

“Voldemort.”

A look of understanding passed over Snape’s face. “He said he was going to kill it in front of Voldemort. After he touched the Occisor he must of reappeared right in front of Voldemort.”

“I imagine he was tortured and eventually died at the hand of the Dark Lord.”

Snape sat in deep thought for a few minutes until he finally spoke.

“How will we tell Potter this, how to reappear, if we don’t even know where he is?”

“I don’t know Severus, I’ve been thinking about that for a few hours now, but I’m just not sure yet.”

All of a sudden Snape jumped out of his chair. “Do you think it’s possible to be able to feel someone who has been touched by the Occisor? Like if they walked through you, would you feel it?”

“It’s very unlikely, otherwise someone would have felt Harry by now.”

“But I have felt something Albus! I just didn’t think much of it at the time. I came back from the Deatheaters meeting only because something, or someone, pushed me into apparating. And when I was in your office before I felt something pass through me. Do you think it was Harry?”

There was a twinkle in the Headmaster’s eye when he spoke. “It most likely was young Harry. I only wonder why he hasn’t tried to get anyone else’s attention yet.”

“Maybe it was because I was with him when he disappeared. Maybe I’m the only one that can feel him.”

“That sounds very likely Severus. Maybe we can get Harry out of there after all. Why don’t you stay in one place for a while, if you feel anything remotely close to being Harry, start telling him about the Occisor.”

Snape nodded and headed out of the office.

Dumbledore watched him with a slight smile on his face. “He didn’t even notice that he called Harry by his first name.”

Chapter End Notes:
The end, of this chapter anyways. Sorry it took longer then expected to post. Reviews very much welcomed.