Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: This is just a short interlude while I get more feedback on your choice of bad/evil harry in this story. Sorry it's so short but I'm kind of stuck with words at the moment. Review with any questions, comments, ideas, suggestions, constructive criticism that you have. Reviews motivate me to write faster ;) hehz
Interlude: A dark stormy night (Halloween, 31st Oct 1986)

Rain clouds gathered over horizon, warning of an imminent thunderstorm. Lightning flashed across the night sky and thunder sounded in the distance, illuminating a lone figure standing on a hilltop in the dark. His black cloak billowed behind as the wind blew and rain droplets start to fall. But the figure just stood there, unmoving and seemingly unaffected, staring at the two graves in front of him.

Another flash of lightning revealed the words on the two headstones for a second.

Lily Evans-Potter

21st June 1960 - 31st Oct 1981

Beloved wife and loving mother

"Where there is love there is life."

James Potter

5th March 1960 - 31st Oct 1981

Hero of the light

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once."

The figure bowed his head slightly, silently grieving. "Lily..." a soundless cry filled with regret.

It has been five years, exactly five years since she died, but the pain is still fresh in his heart, a wound that was never fully healed with time.

"I'm sorry... so sorry... I failed you..." his soft voice was almost drowned out by the howling winds.

"Remember your promise..." a whisper sounded right beside his left ear, a shaft of colder air brushing by.

"Lily?" he looked up, startled. "Is that you Lil'?"

"Your promisess... Harry..."

"Yes I remember... Lily... please... show yourself..." he cried almost desperately, looking around for any sign of his dead sister, a ghost, an apparition, an angel... anything. But there was none.

"I never blamed you dear brother... please... don't torture yourself over my death... I love you... always..." the unseen voice faded away and the winds gradually calmed, leaving the figure to stand alone in the stark silence.

"But I blame myself. . ." he whispered brokenly to the stilled night.

Chapter End Notes:

Reference

"Where there is love there is life." Ok on the evil/bad Harry choice so far: