Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

New Bedrooms and Bedtime stories

After dinner Severus took his son to ‘Enchanted Interiors’ to pick out furniture and bedding. He arranged for his son’s new bedroom furniture to be shrunk and portkeyed into the center of Harry’s bedroom so that the Home Designs crew could unshrink and arrange it.

Severus and Harry stayed in Diagon alley for another hour picking out a couple of toys and having ice cream before Severus lifted his very tired child into his arms and apparated them to a alley near Privet Drive. Normally the ex-spy would just apparate into his sons room but with the new furniture and such he could not imagine what the room looked like or where anything had been arranged and he did not want to apparate into the middle of a piece of furniture. He did not bother to knock as he entered the house and carried his sleeping son up the stairs.

Severus was pleased to see the lightly stained oak furniture looked very nice in the room. The lush canopy of painted trees and leaves continued up on to the ceiling which had been charmed to be more dome shaped. Some of the tree branches extended out of the walls and over the bed. There were also branches coming out of the wall and framing the top part of window seat. On the same wall as the window seat there were waist high bookshelves, which Severus planned to fill as soon as possible. There was also a small table and two chairs situated near the book shelf that could be used to eat at as well as for coloring and other activities. The bed had been placed on the opposite wall to the right of the door and was already made up with the new green and blue bedding. The armoire was placed on the wall next to what would soon become the bathroom door. The trim and door were now a light oak nearly the same color as the furniture and the carpet was a plush dark grass green.

“I want all this undone! Who do you think you are hiring people to come into MY home and changing things? I WONT have it!” Vernon screamed as he stood in the doorway of the now open room. He had tried opening the door earlier and found it locked. Vernon was extremely angry. There was no way that good for nothing freak of a nephew of his wife’s was going to have anything this nice. Not in his house.

Severus glared at the purple faced man standing in the doorway of his son’s bedroom while he slowly stroked his sons back calming down the started child who had woken at his uncle’s bellow.

“We will talk about this after I get my son settled for the night.” Severus hissed before pulling his wand out and spelling the door to shut in the angry man’s face.

“Ok Harry-Bean lets get you ready for bed. Tonight I am going to use a spell to clean you up rather then have you take a bath ok?” Severus said to his young son as he set him down.

“Ok Papa. Uncle Vernon isn’t going to let me stay in here. It’s too nice for me.” Harry said as he stroked the new comforter spread out on the bed.

“Oh Harry.” Severus whispered and he crouched down next to his son. “Your Aunt and Uncle can’t make you leave. This is your room. They can’t even come in here if you don’t open the door for them.”

Severus stroked his son’s messy hair before pulling him into a tight embrace. “You’ll be safe in here Harry-Bean. I promise. Mipsy is going to bring your meals to you everyday and you can eat them at your table right there.” Severus told his son as he pointed to the little round table.

Harry gave a small nod and looked at the table then back at his father. “Thank you for my new bedroom Papa.”

“Your very welcome my Harry-Bean.” Severus said as he let go of his son and stood up giving a chuckle as his son gave a face splitting yawn. “Let’s get you into some pajamas and into bed.”

Severus quickly cast a cleaning spell on his son and changed him into the red and gold Quidittch pajamas his son had picked out earlier.

“Can I have a bedtime story Papa?” Harry asked as his father tucked him into his new bed.

“Of course my Harry-Bean” Severus said with a smile before settling himself next to his son on the bed and proceeding to tell the young child the story of the Phoenix Prince, a popular legend told to all the children of the Wizarding world. It had been Severus favorite when he was young and he knew it by heart.