Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, don’t own them. *sigh* We would have had a lot of fun together if I did.
Chapter 14 - Retaliation III

Following the breakfast that only Dudley had joined, one flick of Snape’s wand left the table clean, much to the chagrin of the family, but no one dared protest. Vernon left later to his office after a serious warning to Snape not to do anything funny. Harry struggled to keep his face straight as Snape, on his part, assured Vernon saying coolly, “Mister Dursley, I assure you, I do not do funny”. His uncle looked at Snape suspiciously and received a raised eyebrow in return. As if anyone could put Snape and funny in the same sentence!

Snape then looked to Petunia saying, “Your son’s suggested diet list will be ready by lunchtime ma’am.” Then glaring at Dudley, he calmly added to Harry’s aunt, “Seeing as it is that Mr. Potter here had helped with breakfast, I guess that helping at lunch would be your son’s responsibility.”

Dudley’s jaw dropped and vigorously shook his head. Petunia snapped, “My Dudders won’t do anything of the sort. He had just finished school a few days ago. He should rest.”

Snape scowled, “I see. So it is alright for your son not to have anything to do while your nephew works as a slave?”

Petunia scowled before turning to face Harry angrily, “WHAT LIES HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING HIM BOY?”

Harry shrank and stepped back instinctively only to find a protective arm around his shoulder. Snape’s eyes glittered dangerously as he looked at Harry’s aunt and said in a whisper that sent shivers down Harry’s spine, “You. Will. Stop. Yelling. at Harry this instant Mrs. Dursley.”

Aunt Petunia was startled and took a few steps back putting her arm around her son protectively in a similar gesture to Snape’s, stuttering, “I .. he … the boy is lying!”

Snape continued to stare her down for sometime until Petunia’s face was as white as her carpet before he finally looked away. Harry was sure that if Snape had continued to stare dangerously at his aunt one more second, she would have fainted. Dudley, on the other hand, was having a very hard time trying to cover both his bottom and his neck simultaneously.

Snape continued in the same tone, “Mr. Potter will start doing his homework in a few minutes. After seeing the state of his desk which is not fit for a small 4 years old, I have decided that he will be working down here on the dining table. When we come down, your son had better be prepared to start on his summer homework as well. Both boys will work on their homework all morning, then your son will help make lunch. I hope this is clear Mrs. Dursley, because if it isn’t, there are a lot of different … methods … that will convince you and your son.” Then Snape added in an even more dangerous voice. “I will start on my report today, Mrs. Dursley. Every word you or your family had said and every action you had taken since my arrival until now will be thoroughly described in the report.”

With that Snape whirled around and walked away swiftly, his robes billowing behind him. Harry followed his professor feeling grateful for the intimidating drama that Snape insists upon using to scare students. For once, Harry was not on the receiving end of the intimidation, and for once, Harry had immensely enjoyed it.

When they reached Harry’s room, he said, “Sir, I still don’t have the –“

Snape cut him off saying, “My memory is working fine Potter. I know you don’t have your things.” Then with a smirk he added, “You are very lucky Potter that I have all what you could need for your Potions homework.”

Harry scowled. Yeah VERY lucky indeed! He should’ve expected it. Harry sighed resignedly, and followed Snape to his room. Harry stood frozen at the door, his jaw dropping to the floor as he looked around the room wide eyed.

“You might want to close your mouth Mr. Potter, or it will begin collecting flies.”

Harry couldn’t believe what he was seeing. The room was very well organized, very neat and clean just the way Aunt Petunia likes, yes, but the room itself was totally different. The bed was transfigured into a large four poster bed, decorated with rich dark green hangings. The bedspread was the same dark green entangled with silver. The curtains were from the same material as the bedspread. The floor was lined with a huge Persian carpet of the same colors and Harry found his feet sinking in it. The walls, which were still painted white, were now decorated with small green leaves and were lined with shelves straining under the weight of the many books carefully arranged over them.

Harry couldn’t believe that anyone could go to such pains to decorate a room that they were just staying in for a week. He looked at Snape in bewilderment making the man sneer, “I assume that the expression on your face is a compliment of my humble abilities?”

Harry finally breathed “Wow!”

“Really Potter, your eloquence never ceases to amaze me.”

Harry narrowed his eyes at his smug-looking professor and coolly said, “I was just humoring you, Sir. The room is just as I expected. I assume it was all done using an advanced form of transfiguration?” There! Harry was proud of himself for this snape-like sentence.

Snape chuckled lightly at the imitation. Then seeing the stunned expression on Harry’s face when he chuckled, Snape couldn’t help it, he laughed aloud. Harry almost had a heart attack out of shock. God! The man knows how to laugh. A fine hearty ringing laugh! I am definitely in an alternate universe. After the initial shock had worn off, Harry grinned cheekily, “You know Sir, the whole school would want to know you laughed like that. I could even blackmail you for it!”

Snape scoffed, “No one will ever believe you, Potter. You might want to save your energy.”

Harry groaned mockingly, “Oh, and I was so looking forward to blackmail you!”

Snape seemed very amused as he gestured to Harry with his index finger to come closer. Oops, ear pulling then! Harry walked to his teacher still smiling. As expected, Snape took both Harry’s ears lightly in his hands “Mr. Potter you are a very cheeky brat.”

“Yeah. You graciously keep pointing that out to me! … Oww.” Snape’s answer to Harry’s cheek was a serious ear squeezing, though a brief one. Harry scowled half heartedly at Snape before grinning again. Snape put his hands on Harry’s shoulders and studied him for a moment, “Want to tell me what was wrong with you down there?”

Harry’s face fell as he remembered his feelings when he saw Petunia trying to protect her son. He couldn’t tell Snape that, he would only think it silly, and he might even be angry that Harry compared him to Voldemort. But he didn’t, honestly. Harry shook his head silently. Snape nodded, “I won’t push you, Harry, but we can talk anytime you want.” Harry was looking down, his mother’s scream playing in his mind again and again, and he was having this unexplainable urge to lean on his teacher’s chest as Snape’s finger lifted his chin up in time to hear the man’s whisper, “It will be alright, Harry.” Snape then enveloped him in his arms and he gratefully closed his eyes as he laid his head on the man’s chest. How did Snape know he needed this embrace? Harry was dazed by the relief he felt whenever Snape held him. Snape who had made his life hell for the last three years, was the same Snape that now provided him with this feeling of safety and warmth.

After a few moments of silence, Snape pointed out, “It is only an illusion Potter.”

Harry’s muffed voice came asking, “What is, Sir?”

Snape rolled his eyes, “The room, boy. It is just an illusion. The room was decorated with shocking pink!”

Harry pulled back and looked at Snape gravely saying, “It would have been much easier Sir, if you transfigured your clothes to pink as well. Yeah, pink would suit you nicely. Or may be purple, it might even … OWWIE!”

……………………….

They went down after a few minutes, Harry holding parchment, quills, and ink, and rubbing his right buttock which Snape had impressively slapped, Snape holding an impossibly big stack of books, and smirking evilly. The potions master sneered when he saw Dudley in front of the telly. Aunt Petunia was standing with crossed arms looking at them defiantly. Harry was curious what Snape would do as he sat at the table beside a calm looking Snape. Snape gave Harry five books to use as resources for his potions essay, glaring at Harry as if daring him to protest. Harry opened his mouth but thought better of it and closed it again; he really didn’t want his left buttock to suffer the same destiny as his right.

Snape looked at Aunt Petunia who was still standing watching them and raised an eyebrow, “I thought we agreed Mrs. Dursley that your son will start on his work as well?”

“That is totally none of your business.” Aunt Petunia snapped.

“Really? You are wrong Mrs. Dursley, it is my business. If your nephew is sitting for homework, so will your son, and if your nephew does chores so will your son. It is only fair.”

“You dare come to my house uninvited and talk to me about being fair and tell me how to treat my flesh and blood?”

“If you don’t know how to treat your flesh and blood, ma’am, then definitely I will tell you how to do it.” Snape walked to where Dudley was sitting and pulled him up grabbing him by the back of the neck. Petunia screeched and ran to them, trying to bat Snape’s hand away from her son. Snape ignored her as he leaned closer to Dudley, who was by now shaking like a leaf and whimpering. “You will come with me now, young Mr. Dursley” Snape said dangerously. With a wave of his wand, the telly was off as he pulled the trembling Dudley up the stairs with Aunt Petunia following still screeching and demanding her son’s release.

Harry couldn’t believe it. Snape would make Dudley do homework? Well that was worth watching but why did Snape do that? Harry didn’t quite believe that thing about being fair. He will have to ask Snape later. Harry heard the commotion coming down the stairs as Snape, still dragging Dudley, was coming down and levitating a few books and notes behind him, Aunt Petunia still trying to bat Snape’s hand away from her son.

Snape dumped Dudley down on a chair at the dining table and set his things neatly in front of him. He finally glared at Petunia, “Mrs. Dursley, stop this banshee like screeching this instant. I am NOT going to hurt your son. I am trying to help him, Dammit!”

Surprisingly enough, Petunia stopped, although Harry was sure she didn’t know exactly what a banshee was, but it seemed that Snape’s declaration of trying to help her son was effective enough.

Snape breathed, “Well that’s better!” He calmly added to the still whimpering and trembling Dudley, “You will sit there and work on your homework everyday from breakfast until lunch just like your cousin. Then you will help your mother make lunch while your cousin will be helping with breakfast. I hope this is clear.”

As soon as Snape sat down, Dudley jumped up to run away only to find Snape’s wand at the tip of his nose triggering Aunt Petunia’s screeches again. Harry tried not to laugh but was failing miserably. This reminded him so much of a Tom and Jerry Cartoon. Dudley slumped down in the chair trying to pull his collar up on his neck, as if Snape would suck his blood using a wand! Snape’s freezing cold voice addressed Dudley saying, “Mister Dursley, do I have to use a sticking charm on your backside to make you sit on that chair without moving?”

Dudley’s eyes went wide and whimpered more clutching his bottom and shaking his head furiously, clearly remembering what Hagrid had done to that same bottom almost three years ago.

Snape nodded, “That’s better. Now I don’t care what subjects your school teaches and I don’t care whether you know them well enough or not, all I care about is that you will be doing schoolwork everyday for at least three hours between breakfast and lunch. I will. not. repeat. this. again. Is that clear?”

Dudley tremblingly nodded and muttered something.

“SPEAK UP BOY!!”

Both Harry and Dudley jumped at Snape’s yelling and Harry squirmed lightly. God, how he hated yelling, especially from Snape, even if he was not the one yelled at. Not that he pitied Dudley.

Dudley squeaked, “Y-yess Sir”.

Snape then raised his eyebrow as he looked at the still standing Petunia her arms protectively around her son, “Mrs. Dursley, I don’t think standing in that position for three hours would be that comfortable for you, but if you insist, then by all means do.”

With that Snape sat down calmly at the table and started reading. Harry, seeing that the show had finally ended started looking through the books that Snape gave him. Dudley was whispering and whining to his Mummy all the time about not wanting to do homework but obviously they were both too scared to take action so Aunt Petunia settled for sitting beside Dudley holding his hand and soothing him.

Snape totally ignored them as he read, but it was a bit difficult for Harry to do that same. He kept looking up at them to find Petunia glaring at him as if he was the main reason for her son’s misery. Well, he was in a way of course, not that Harry felt any guilt about the whole situation. On the contrary, he felt it was extremely funny – some type of poetic justice that he had aspired for.

……………………..

An hour later, Harry was desperately trying to concentrate through Dudley’s continuous whining to no avail. Snape hadn’t moved a muscle for the past hour except to flip the pages of his book but it was clear that Dudley’s whining was getting to his nerves as well. Snape’s jaw was set firmly, a vein was clearly throbbing in his neck, and his lips were very thin. Yes, Snape was about to explode. And explode he did ….

In a blink of an eye, Snape was at the other side of the table his wand directly at Dudley’s throat, his face only inches away from Dudley’s. Although Snape was speaking in a whisper amidst Aunt Petunia’s yelling, his words were perfectly audible for all, “One more sound Mister Dudley, only one more sound out of you and you will be begging me for mercy before I am through with you!”

Aunt Petunia was looking at Snape with extreme horror while Dudley was deathly pale, tears were running down his cheeks as he tried to shrink his massive body in his chair. Harry could swear that Dudley was about to wet his pants, if he hadn’t done so already. Poor Dudley, it was the first time in his life to be intimidated by anyone that way. Harry was surprised he felt some pity for Dudley. He was amazed at what Snape was doing to his relatives. The week was turning out to be very interesting as Snape called it.

Not a sound was heard for the next two hours, and Harry concentrated deeply in the books Snape had given him. He was surprised at the amount of information he found in only two books and had been taking a lot of notes from them. He decided not to start on the essay that day but give himself time to read the other three books. As he finished his notes from the second book, he put it down with a sigh grinning happily. This would be the best potions essay he had ever done. Snape would be impressed. He looked up to find Snape looking at him, the corners of his lips upturned ever so slightly, but Harry had learned enough about the man now to know that he was both amused and approving of what Harry was doing. Harry smiled contently at his teacher, who tilted his head to the direction of Dudley making Harry look towards his cousin for the first time in two hours. Harry was so thankful for the silence that followed Snape’s threat that he didn’t give it a second thought and concentrated in his work. Now Harry was shocked!

It seemed that Snape’s threat had done a miracle. Dudley was sitting still in his place, his books opened and he was writing seriously what seemed to be notes, glancing fearfully at Snape every few seconds. Wow – It seemed that Dudley could actually read and write after all. Aunt Petunia was also in a similarly shocking state for she was still sitting beside Dudley but was busy flipping through some magazines. Harry hadn’t even noticed when Aunt Petunia left the table to get the magazines.

Snape then spoke softly to Harry, “How is your essay going, Harry?”

Harry grinned, “Much better than expected, Sir. I have taken a lot of notes form two of the books. I still have to read the others and take notes as well before starting to write. You see, our potions teacher is awf … er … strict, but he will be very impressed by my essay this time!” Harry then added cheekily, “He should even give this essay the full mark without reading it, you know.”

Snape smirked at the impertinent boy saying, “Well, I am sure your potions teacher will be extra strict in grading your essay this time, Mr. Potter, seeing that you managed to get your hands on more resources than the others!”

Harry scowled. He wouldn’t! As Snape turned to speak with his relatives, who had continued on what they were doing with astonishing patience, Harry gave in to the urge of sticking out his tongue at Snape.

“That will be enough studying for today Mister Dudley. It wasn’t that difficult to start working on the homework after all was it?”

Dudley immediately answered with a whispering, “N-No, Sir.”

Aunt Petunia finally found her courage and stood up saying, “Are you satisfied now?”

“Really Mrs. Dursley, you should be the one satisfied. He is your son after all, and you should be the one making sure he does his homework. And to answer your question, no I am not yet satisfied.” Then addressing Dudley, Snape added, “You will start helping your mother with lunch now, and you will do that everyday from now on. Understood?”

Dudley nodded and scrambled in an amazing speed to the kitchen before his mother could even move one step. Petunia glared at Snape but dared not say anything as she made to follow her son to the kitchen when Snape stopped her saying, “I have prepared the diet list for your son.” He held out a parchment for her. She looked in terror at the parchment as if it was a snake, “What’s that?”

Snape raised an eyebrow, “I have just told you, the diet list.”

“But-but what is it written on?”

“Parchment!”

“Parch … you want me to take that to the doctor?”

Snape glared at Petunia, making her take a step backwards, “What you show your muggle doctor is not my problem. You could copy it on muggle paper, show it to the doctor like that or cut it to pieces. I have done my duty!” With that Snape thrust the parchment in her hands and sat back at the table organizing his books clearly letting her know the conversation had ended. Petunia huffed and followed her son to the kitchen without even a thank you. Harry was contemplating her rudeness when he found Snape’s wand on his lips. Harry was startled but immediately relaxed when he saw the clear mirth in Snape’s eyes, oh alright, more teasing then! That was fine with Harry, he found himself enjoying these teasing sessions with Snape tremendously, and somehow he knew that Snape enjoyed his newly acquired cheekiness just as tremendously.

“Mister Potter, your tongue if you please. I have use for it in my potions.”

“Um … I think I’ll keep it for the time being Professor, thank you!”

Snape glared at Harry using his best mastered death glare, “If you ever dare stick your tongue at me when I am not looking again Potter, you will find it in a jar on one of my shelves. Understood?”

Harry nodded respectfully looking down with humility, “I am so sorry Sir if this offended you. I promise that from now on I will make sure to do it when you are looking.” Harry didn’t give Snape time to respond as he grabbed his things and fled.

………………………..

When he came down later, Snape was in the living room studying the titles of the books on the very neat bookshelves, although Harry was sure, that neither Aunt Petunia nor Uncle Vernon had read any of them. Harry of course was never allowed to touch any o them except for organizing them using different code systems. As Harry watched Snape pulling a book and looking through the table of contents, he felt a sudden rush of affection for the man, the man that he thought he hated for the last three years. Harry closed his eyes and remembered some of his daydreams, they seemed to have all come true. Maybe that was why Harry had stopped daydreaming. Harry jumped as Snape’s voice whispered from right behind him, Gah, how does he do that?! “Just you wait until I get my hands on you when your relatives are not around brat!”

Harry scowled saying, “Well I’ll just make sure we stay around them then Sir.”

“Yes Potter, good idea. I suggest you go whine to your aunt like the spoilt brat you are so she takes you with her to your cousin’s doctor. Oh yes Potter, they will be leaving you all alone with the vampire!”

Harry grinned, “Yeah. I forgot about that.”

“This reminds me, what is it about the vampire fascination thing?”

Harry burst out laughing. How could he tell Snape about it without getting killed in the process? However, Harry was saved for the moment by Aunt Petunia announcing that lunch was ready.

They sat down at the kitchen table while Aunt petunia and Dudley were standing at the counter. It seemed they had decided not to come near Harry and his teacher unless they were absolutely forced to. Harry shrugged, at least it was going to be a peaceful lunch.

Wrong! Sooooo wrong!

Peaceful, Dursleys, and Snape, can never go together! That was what Harry learnt that day.

……..…………………….

It all started with an innocent question from Snape to Harry, “What are your plans for the afternoon, Harry?”

“Er … Nothing in particular Sir.”

Snape raised an eyebrow, “What, don’t you usually have plans for the afternoon? Like going out, meeting your friends, or even doing some shopping? From the state of your clothes you do need to so shopping desperately.”

Harry blushed. He had forgotten that he was still wearing Dudley’s hand-me-downs that were too big for him, torn and worn out in several places, “I … um …” Never did shopping? Never was allowed new clothes? Never given money here? Always spend morning, afternoons and evenings doing chores? Harry looked down clearly at a loss of something to say. Snape, however, continued as if oblivious to Harry’s predicament, “You know Harry, you should also invite me to some of that chocolate ice cream that you love when we go out today.”

Harry went through various emotions at that moment. Snape was going out with him? They would be doing things together like … like … normal children do with their parents, going out, eating ice cream, shopping … Oh yessss! But he didn’t have money, he was never given money at the Dursleys. He could of course ask Snape if he could find someplace to convert some galleons, but the Dursleys shouldn’t know that he had money. And how did Snape know that he loved chocolate ice cream? **Flashback** You know if I ever get muggle money of my own, the first thing I will ever buy is a big chocolate ice cream. I love it but I never had the money for it! **End of flashback** Oh yes, it was that day when he cried his heart out on Snape’s chest and slept in his arms. Harry blushed as he remembered that and was so consumed in his thoughts until Snape thundered, “NOW!!!”

Harry jumped, startled, Snape was talking to him and he wasn’t listening. Now Snape is angry with him. But then Harry realized that Snape was thundering at Aunt Petunia not at him. He had missed an entire dialogue between them. All he saw Aunt Petunia hurrying away then back and dumping at the table some money with a loathing glare at Harry. Snape raised an eyebrow at Harry, “Well, what are you waiting for Harry. Take your money.”

Harry’s jaw dropped, it looked to be more than 200 pounds. “My money, Sir?”

“Yes, Harry, your money. Much less than what you are supposed to be given, but this will do for now. You will use it today to get some clothes and the rest you will keep as allowance!”

Harry’s eyes burned. Allowance! For the first time in his life! He looked gratefully at his teacher who seemed to understand what Harry was thinking about because he gently patted his hand and nodded encouragingly. Harry looked at Aunt Petunia who was gritting her teeth and breathed a thank you before taking the money and pocketing it. How could he ever repay Snape for what he was doing?

Snape put an arm around Harry’s shoulder and informed Petunia, “We will be back by dinner.” then he gently pushed Harry to go upstairs. As they reached Harry’s room, Snape told him to get ready until he changes to some muggle clothing as well. Harry nodded and waited in his room for Snape. He couldn’t believe what was happening.

……………………..

Harry kept looking stupidly at Snape for almost two full minutes until his teacher snapped, “Potter, stop this stupid staring this instant!”

Harry finally able to speak asked Snape simply, “Sir, do you have sunglasses?”

Snape raised an eyebrow, “Why? Should I have sunglasses?”

Harry nodded enthusiastically making Snape look at him suspiciously, “Potter, if this is some prank, I will –“

Harry cut him off saying, “No, Sir, honestly. It will just be perfect. Trust me on this.”

Snape sighed, “Alright! Against my better judgment I will trust you on this!” Snape took out sunglasses from his pocket and put them on.

“Oh, so you have sunglasses!”

“I never said I didn’t Potter. I just asked you why!”

Harry almost stomped his foot in frustration at his professor, but thought it would look childish. Honestly, didn’t the man ever have a break??? Then Harry remembered what Snape had done for him and he looked gratefully at the man, “Sir, I don’t know how I can ever repay you for what you are doing. Thank you.”

Snape smiled slightly before pushing Harry out of the room, “Let’s go brat.” Harry grinned. He liked Snape to call him that for his surly teacher always said it so warmly.

……………………….

Going down, Harry was almost bouncing up and down of excitement. Snape shook his head at him and huffed, but nothing was going to dampen Harry’s spirits today. Severus Snape, the Potions Master, was taking Harry James Potter for an outing! Miracles, Miracles!

Predictably, as soon as Aunt Petunia and Dudley saw them, they wore a similar expression to Harry’s earlier. Aunt Petunia was staring openly at Snape, not that Harry was blaming her. He looked from his aunt, to his cousin and back to Snape who was scowling darkly at Petunia. But that scowl only made Snape look better if that was at all possible.

Snape was wearing a white dress shirt, yes white, the first three buttons open showing a firm lower neck, the shirt tucked in a black tight jeans ending in black slender boots. His hair was combed in a neat ponytail, done like that, the greasiness was totally unnoticeable. He was holding carelessly over his shoulders a black sweater, arms of the sweater tied in a knot over his chest. Added to that were the sunglasses that Harry asked him to wear tucked over his forehead for the time being, and there was the dungeons famous bat! Harry longed for a camera. He was sure that this time he would definitely blackmail his professor. God! If only Ron can see him now.

…………………………….

Half an hour later, they were walking around in Little Whining, Snape silently studying the area and the people who stopped to stare at them when they passed. Snape raised an eyebrow as he addressed his charge, “You seem to be quite popular here as well, Potter”.

“Oh yeah. You’ve no idea!”

Cheeky brat! When had the boy stopped to fear me? And when in the nine hells did I start to take Harry Potter out?

As they reached the park, Snape found himself compelled to look at Harry. The boy was watching the children in the park running around laughing and squealing but his eyes were hooded. The longing that Snape had seen in the boy’s face made his heart ache. You are not alone in that, Harry, believe me. “What Potter, don’t tell me you want to get to go play on the swings.”

The boy had the audacity to glare at Snape saying, “No Sir. Maybe you would like that, but I prefer playing in the sand.” With that Harry stepped aside a few feet to get far away from Snape’s reach. Smart boy, but not so for Snape promised himself that he would throttle the boy later when they find some place without a lot of witnesses. He grabbed Harry’s arm and pulled him away from the park. “Come we are heading for the bus station, boy!” So we can be far away from the memories the park elicited.

When they got to the bus station, Harry looked at Snape curiously. “Where are we going, Sir.”

Definitely the boy was being daft on purpose! Snape huffed, “London! Where else could you do shopping?”

Harry blushed. It is not that he had ever done muggle shopping before. Snape had seen and heard enough at the Dursleys to know that for a fact.

Harry started to take out his money to pay, but Snape didn’t give him time for he had put a few coins in the machine and paid for the tickets.

“Oh. You have muggle money.”

“No Potter. I came to stay in the muggle world for a week without planning. I just found the money by a miracle!”

Harry tried to scowl at Snape but his efforts only ended in a childish pout. Snape almost laughed. It was so easy to irritate the boy. His childish reactions were so predictable that Snape couldn’t resist the temptation to tease him.

………………..

Later that evening, Harry was feeling so tired as they walked back to Privet Drive. They had spent hours walking around in London. Harry had never enjoyed anything more in his life. Snape took him to different places that he never knew they existed, took him to do shopping and bought him food when he got hungry. But he insisted that Harry was supposed to invite him for a chocolate ice cream, and Harry was only too happy to comply with that demand. He had spent some of his time today watching his teacher and to his shock, Snape reminded him of a child whose dreams had finally come true. Despite his very reserved attitude, Snape’s delight was clear to Harry and he dared ask him if he had been into London before. Harry could swear that Snape’s face fell when he said “Yes!” and although Harry didn’t press the matter, he knew for certain that it was the first time that Snape had really visited London and enjoyed it, even if he did see it before. Harry tried as much as he can to tease Snape all day long and got glared at for at least 10 times, but was only threatened to die a most painful death once, which was considered an achievement after spending almost 6 hours straight with the potions master.

Harry stopped Snape before knocking at the door of #4, “Sir, I …” Harry was at loss for words. A simple thank you could never do for what Snape had done for him. But Harry didn’t think for long about what to say, Snape had already cut him off saying, “Potter I do hope you have satisfied all your childish urges today because you have the rest of the potions essay to finish!”

Yeah, I was right before! Snape is EVIL!

Snape whirled around quickly in pretence of ringing the bell, but was desperately trying to hide his grin. The boy deserved it, he decided!