Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 88] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: It is a year after Voldemort's final defeat, and Severus Snape has found peace in his life. His quiet existence is disrupted when he receives an unexpected bequest. Truths that he has held for years are shattered and he learns that the Boy Who Lived is his son. Severus must learn to cope with that truth, and he must find and protect his son before it's too late for both of them.

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 5
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic Word count: 14973
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Lucius, Petunia, Ron, Vernon Read: 29067
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 11 Apr 2006 - Updated: 08 Oct 2006
Awards: Past Featured Story
Table of Contents

1. Prologue: Testament by lesyeuxverts [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2134 words) Printer

If I was creative enough to write like JKR, I would be a writer and not a microbiologist. All usual disclaimers apply and none of the characters, places, etc. etc. belong to me.

This will be my first attempt at a longer fic, so I welcome any feedback. I love reading Severitus Challenge fics and so I thought I'd try writing my own. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid some of the cliches that get repeated and repeated, but I can't promise anything. Of course, I'm still ignoring the events of HBP as I please.

The title is borrowed from Paul Celan's poem "Corona" (tr John Felstiner) - a beautiful line that reads "we love one another like poppy and memory."

2. Chapter 1: Bequest by lesyeuxverts [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4871 words) Printer

If I owned the HP-verse, do you think I would be writing fanfiction in order to avoid my genetics homework? All characters, etc. etc. belong to JK Rowling. The passage where Snape is reflecting on the first class ("bottle fame" etc.) as well as the passage in Harry's notes are paraphrased from Book 1.

Though I love Severitus stories, I usually feel that the revelation that Snape is Harry's father is rather forced. Time delayed letters, recovered memories, etc. followed by a quick burst of angst and a let's-make-it-all-better hug - I'm trying to avoid this as much as possible. I'm a bit worried that I've let Snape go from "Potter" to "Harry" too quickly, even though it has been a year since Harry "died." Please let me know if any of it feels unnatural or forced to you - as always, comments and criticisms are very welcome.

3. Chapter 2: Discovery by lesyeuxverts [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2478 words) Printer

Here it is, as promised - the contents of the box! This was a hard chapter for me to write and I feel like it came out rather abrupt and so, if you have any suggestions for improving it I'd love to hear them.

All the usual disclaimers apply, etc. I'm a poor student who owns nothing.

4. Chapter 3: A Secret Shared by lesyeuxverts [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar (2678 words) Printer

As usual, I own neither the poem "Corona" by Paul Celan nor the Harry Potter universe created by the beloved J.K. Rowling; I mean no disrespect to either author in borrowing their works and I make no profit from doing so.

I was trying to work on "Savior" last night when Remus Lupin popped up and demanded to be written into "Like Poppy and Memory" ... immediately, and without giving me a choice about it. I had some troubles with this chapter so I hope it turned out all right - please review and let me know what you think of it.

5. Chapter 4: Journal by lesyeuxverts [Reviews - 48] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2812 words) Printer

As always, the characters etc. belong to JKR and are not mine; I use them without permission and without making a profit.

Apologies for taking so long to update, and thanks to everyone who pointed out my math error in the last chapter. *g* I'll look at a calendar next time I want to make startling pronouncements like that, 'kay?

Incidentally, the spell that Hermione mentions is in French. I've no intention of making a fool of myself by butchering Latin ... we'll just pretend that any Romance language is as good as Latin for magic.

To be continued...
lesyeuxverts is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 80 members. Members who liked Like poppy and memory also liked 1306 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5