Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
LE GASP! Another chapter done and finished. Please excuse any tiny mistakes. My spell check is ignoring me right now.
Chapter 8

"Potter, I already know I was under Verituserum. Figured it out right before I went out…now," Snape said, a very small look of fear in his eyes. "What did you ask?"

Harry stared at his teacher and considered what to tell him. Just tell him the truth…I didn’t ask anything major…maybe a little embarrassing, but nothing major…Just say you asked him about the Verituserum, his clothes,…and the…Legitimates! No need to mention the vampire his hair or…mum…

"Potter!" Snape said forcefully. "Stop daydreaming and tell me what you asked. ALL that you asked." He finished. Harry flushed a little. Maybe Snape was to tired to do Legitimates on him…

"I asked how Verituserum worked." Harry started. He tried not to look into Snape's eyes, so he chose a spot directly over his shoulder, that’s what Dumbledore did.

"And my reply was?" Snape asked. If Potter thinks he can fool me…he has another thing coming…that little impudent brat have better not asked anything about Order business…so help me if he asked about my hair…

"Umm…you said that Veritaserum is a strong truth serum. 3 drops would make anybody spill there darkest secrets. While under Verituserum the user will have a blank, unfixed gaze. And when the Serum wears off, the user will remember nothing of the experience. Oh, and the normal amount of time to be under the serum is about 10 minutes…" Harry said, trying to remember Snape's exact words so he couldn’t call him a liar. It seemed like the 10 minutes went by in about 4, to Harry. He had a hard time thinking of things to ask Snape. But now, he remembered some questions he wanted to ask, when he didn’t have the chance to.

Snape nodded at Harry's answer. Hmm…sounds about right… Snape thought. He was still unaware that Harry wasn’t looking straight at him. "What else?"

"I asked if you were reading my thoughts while we were walking in the corridors." Harry said, smirking a little. He wanted to see how Snape was going to talk his way out of this one. "You said you were. Because it 'kept your mind on other things'." Harry said using is fingers to make air quotation marks. He was still smirking at Snape as he replied. "Of course I was listening to you stupid Gryffindor thoughts. How else was I to be sure you wouldn’t try anything?" He said, also smirking. "And it did take my mind off our situation, a little. Listening to your useless ranting was almost amusing."

By the time Snape had finished Harry's smirk was already gone. Snape could talk his way out of any situation. The man would make an excellent lawyer. There were two small patches of color on Harry's cheeks. Why did Snape have to be so smooth? "Oh…I am glad you found my thoughts a little amusing, Professor." Harry said, still looking past Snape. "Yes…well keep going, Potter. What else?"

"I asked why…you always wore black…" Harry said, he took his eyes off the wall and looked directly at Snape. He wished he hadn't asked that question, he really didn’t like the answer he got from Snape. Harry wondered how many more scars Snape had, as opposed to him.

Snape looked away for a moment then looked back at Harry. "…and I said?" He asked.

"You said…'Because it covers the blood stains'…" Harry ended with a sigh. He waned to ask Snape who made him bleed that much…but he already knew the answer.

"Yes…the Dark Lord…doesn’t take kind to failure. I will surely have to pay for not responding to his call…" Snape slowly closed his eyes. He realized he shouldn’t have said that. The boy was too young to know of true evil. Especially the Dark Lord. Snape remembered the burning sensation he felt in his left arm after Harry had fallen asleep. How was he going to talk his way out of that one?

Responding to his call?…was Snape summoned? When? Harry thought. Was Snape going to be killed as soon as the exited the portal. His scar had been hurting a lot lately…was Voldemort angry? Harry drifted off into space until a silky voice brought him back. "…Do not worry yourself with the Dark Lord. For now he is my problem. Now,…what else did you ask?" Snape said, opening his eyes again, looking straight at Harry.

"Nothing. That is it." Harry said, a little too quickly. He tried to look away from Snape's eyes, but it too late. "Don’t lie to me, Potter! I know that is not all you asked. Three questions in ten minutes, that is hardly believable. What else?" Snape said, glaring at Harry. It was obvious that Harry was embarrassed about something. The red cheeks and sweat running down his forehead complemented by clearing his throat every 10 seconds wasn’t exactly the calm behavior.

Snape raised an eyebrow at Harry. What in the world could he have asked that is so embarrassing?… Snape continued to star at Harry, of course Harry cracked first. "I uhh.." Clears throat." I dint ask anymore questions s-sir…" Harry said, face still red. Oh god, if I tell him about his hair and the vampire…Voldemort wont have a chance with me…

"Your not a very good liar, Potter. But I do believe you are already aware of that. As you always say the same thing before you lie." He said. He tilted his head down a little but kept his eyes on Harry. "What. Did. You. Ask?"

Harry cleared his throat again. "I uhh…I asked if you were a vam…a vampire." Harry said looking away. He couldn’t help but smile a little, it was after all a little funny. He didn’t want to hear Snape's reply. But at the same time he did.

Snape considered what to say to Harry. Why do people think that I am a vampire?! I am obviously not! Perhaps I should reconsider my attire… "I see. And my reply was 'no' I do believe?" Snape said, not entirely sure what emotion he should express. He just continued to stare at Potter. The boy had some guts to ask him those questions, even under verituserum.

"Yeah you said no. It just slipped out. I couldn’t help myself." Harry ended with a smile. Of course he could have not asked that question, but what fun would that be? Woo! Glad he isn't mad!

"…yes. Now what else? Come on Potter, we haven't got forever."

Well…I told him about the vampire. Why not his hair? "I…asked why your hair--" Harry said before he got cut off by Snape.

"What is with you all and my appearance?! I stand over a fuming caldron ALL day. And you all still wonder about MY hair? What about yours Mr. Potter? Have you ever taken a comb to that mop on your head?" Snape said, frustrated. He looked at Harry, who was trying to stop himself from laughing. Snape never lost his cool, and seeing it was absolutely hilarious. Snape was still fuming as Harry said "You said because you stand over a cauldron all day, and that its genetics." He want to continue to say like your nose but he figured that he was in too deep anyway. Harry coughed loudly for about 10 seconds, trying to cover up his laughter.

Snape stared at the child in front of him, What is so funny?! Ugh…this better be the end of these ridicules questions!… "Is there anything else, Potter? Are you quite finished?" Snape said as Harry's muffled laughter continued.

Harry cleared his throat before answering. "I don’t know what your talking about Professor. And yes that's all the questions." Harry said. Should I ask about mum?! I really want to know…Would Snape tell me?… Harry sat up on his knees and waited for his Professor to do the same. Snape narrowed his eyes at Harry, "Potter, did you ask who it was I followed down the hall?" Harry knew that he would be asked that question, so naturally he had a response ready. "I didn’t ask. You said that more than one life would be in danger if I knew, so I decided that I shouldn’t ask. I wouldn’t want any more people to die because of me. I believe that would be the Gryffindor thing to do, right Sir?" Harry ended with a smirk.

Snape stared at his student. Hmm…he doesn’t appear to be lying…He's rushing something… "Very well, Potter. But I know that there is something else that you asked. And I wish to know what that thing is." Snape said, gesturing Harry to sit down again.

"I-I didn’t ask who anything else Professor. That’s all." Harry said, a little too quickly. Why was he nervous? It wasn’t a question that would get him in trouble. Or…was he afraid of the truth?

"Don’t lie to me! If you don’t tell me on your own, I will just have you take the serum. Now, shall we do this the easy way or the hard way?" Snape said with a burning glare.

Busted! Stupid Snape! Am I that obvious? Well I cant get in trouble…It WAS just a question… "NOW POTTER!" Here it goes…

"I…I asked about…"

"Yes?"

"About my…mum." Harry said at last. There was no reason why he was nervous, he didn’t know, he just was. He suddenly tensed up, waiting for something, but Snape didn’t move, nor did he say anything.

Snape slowly closed his eyes, he folded his hands over his mouth and placed his thumbs underneath his chin, so he looked like he was deep in thought. He soon open his eyes and looked at Harry. At first his eyes flashed with anger, Didn’t ask, did you?… but then they grew softer. He showed no signs of lying…but why ask that?! Of all people, he had to chose…her… "Very well, Potter. I do believe it's time to get going. As I see it we only have, at the most, three and a half days before the Labyrinth vanishes, we need to hurry." Snape said, he stood up and waited for Harry, who got up as well. They walked to the center of the room, the three corridors were replaced by one.

There were a lot of questions running through Harry's mind at the moment, but he decided he shouldn’t worry bout those at the moment. "What should we do? There's only one hall. And nothing is appearing."

"I can see that, Potter. I suppose we have no choice, we'll just take the remaining hallway." Snape said, he and Harry started to walk into the hallway.

Why did Snape not want to talk about my mum?…and what he said about dad? No…my father wasn’t a bad person…But Snape couldn’t have been lying…

Harry and Snape continued to walk in silence for a good portion of the hall before Harry finally spoke up. "How long do you think we've been down here?" He asked, bags forming under is eyes. Harry nor Snape had slept for a while, being under verituserum doesn’t count as sleep, does it?

"I unsure…longer that I would like, most definitely. I don’t believe we will be staying in here much longer, thank Merlin…" Snape trailed off. His eyes too had bags underneath them.

Harry was glad that he and Snape wouldn’t be stuck together forever. The walked in silence a little while longer, Harry was thinking of a certain thing Snape had said about Voldemort. Something about being summoned…

"Umm, Professor?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Yes, Potter?" Snape replied, a small hint of venom in his voice.

"Er..uhh…were you…" Harry stammered, trying to find the right words to fit his question.

"Spit it out, Potter!" Snape said, sounding irritated.

"You said something about Vold-" "Don’t say his name!" "Oh, right. Umm…He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Were you summoned by him?" Harry asked, hoping that he would get an answer.

"…that is none of your concern." Snape looked away from Harry. "It is none of your business whether the Dark Lord has summ-…oned me or not…" Snape said, his face showed signs of pain. His right hand quickly grabbed his left arm. A familiar burning was starting to occur once again.

"Snape! What's wrong?!" Harry asked franticly. He had never seen his professor in pain, he didn’t think Snape felt pain. Harry soon realized what was happening. Snape was being summoned to He-Who-Likes-To-Torture-And-Burn-His-Followers. Harry couldn’t think of anything to do, should he offer to help Snape? But what could he do?

"Nothing is wrong. I am fine…" Snape said, his hand was rubbing his left arm. "Now…lets keep…" Snape stopped walking. He stared to lean on the wall next to him.

"Professor?!" Harry yelled as Snape slumped to the ground.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for taking so long to post. I had a lot of HW and stuff. Please review. I like to take suggestions, what do you think should happen?