Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I NEED A BETA!! All people interested please leave a comment or send me a message! Thank you.
Chapter 9

"Professor?!" Harry shouted as Snape slumped to the floor.

"Snape?" Harry asked kneeling on the floor next to his Potions Master. Snape was still awake but he looked like he just ran a marathon.

"I'm fine, Potter…It seems the after effects of the serum have not yet warn off…" Snape said, right arm still holding the left. "And as I am sure you have guessed…I was just summoned by the Dark Lord. Unfortunately he will have to wait a little longer…" He ended venomously.

"What effects? What will happen if you don’t go?" Harry asked. Oh man…I bet Voldemort was mad when Snape didn’t come the first time, what will happen if he doesn’t come again… Harry's thoughts raced around his head, he was actually worried about Snape.

"When under the serum you are mentally unconscious. Your body is constantly fighting to regain control, that is why you are only under the effects for about 10 minutes, and when most finally awake, they are mentally and physically exhausted…" Snape explained. He was now standing up, leaning on the wall for support. "And as for 'what will happen if I don’t go', that is none of your business or concern."

Harry reluctantly nodded, he couldn’t do anything to force Snape to tell him the what would happen. And he knew that Snape wasn't going to willingly tell him, so let the topic go, momentarily of course.

Snape took one more deep breath before standing and leaning against the wall. Harry also stood up and observed his professor a little longer. He then focused his attention on the hallway they were walking in. The lighting was different, almost seemed as if the room was brighter. And farther down the hallway, there were various, small tables holding candles in colors of green and silver. Slytherin colors…. Harry also noticed the floor, the carpet was smoother and not as rough as before. Perhaps these were signs of the labyrinth coming to an end.

"Noticing your surroundings have changed?" a voice next to him said. Snape was no longer in a state of calamity. He was upright again. "Uhh…yeah. The room seems different, brighter and softer." Snape raised an eyebrow at the teen standing in from of him. "Softer?.." Harry blushed slightly. "Yeah...you know…the carpet is soft….." He trailed off.

Merlin…this is embarrassing…. Snape continued to stare at Harry for a moment of time that seemed to go on forever. "Indeed…come, let's get going." Harry nodded and followed along.

Amazing…5 minutes ago he was on the floor…now he needs to slow down… Harry thought as he speed-walked to keep up with Snape.

As if knowing what Harry was thinking, Snape began to walk a little slower. The walked for a short while before Harry asked "How much longer do you think we have to walk in here?"

"I'm not sure. As you said, the room is a bit lighter and…softer. That might be signaling the end of this maze." He answered. "Oh…alright." Harry said before drifting off into his thoughts.

I wonder if Dumbledore knows we're in here…Probably, he knows everything…even if you don’t want him to…Hmm…I haven't peed in almost 3 days. I wonder if that's bad…Nah…because I haven't eaten or drank anything in almost 3 days. Is that even possible? I thought a person could go only 90 hours without water…maybe it's because I'm a wizard. And Snape…well he drank something so it doesn’t count. I wonder if Miony and Ron are worried…Malfoy's probably living it up with me gone…"Oof!" Harry said as he walked right into the leg of one of the tables that held the green and silver candles.

"Congratulations Mr. Potter. You have just proven that a person can stare into space and walk at the same time. Bravo." Snape said, with sarcasm plastered over every word. "It seems that lack of energy and sleep are starting to get to you, Mr. Potter. Keep you thoughts focused on getting out of here safely, and not on what other people might be doing!"

"I cant stop what I'm thinking! And if you don’t like it then stop listening to my thoughts!" Harry shouted before he could stop himself. Snape glared and clenched his teeth. In one swift movement he grabbed Harry by the collar and lifted him too his feet. "Do not talk to me in that tone, Potter." Snape whispered, his hands still clenched on Harry's shirt. "Let's go." He quickly let go of the boys collar, turned around, and started to walk.

Harry followed a few feet behind his professor. Jerk…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idiot Potter! How dare he speak to me like I'm one of his stupid Gryffindor friends! Arrogant child. Him and Black are all in the same. Snape glared to no one in particular. The two walked in complete silence and hatred. The candles on the table's had became shorter and shorter as they passed through the hallway. Soon the light was gone and only the meager glow of their wands were left.

Harry sighed as the light from his wand went off again. "Lumos…" slowly the tip of the wand flickered on, and then off again.

"Forget it Potter." Snape sneered. His wand glowing brightly. "Salazar made these corridors to react differently towards Slytherin's. A Gryffindor's was is utterly useless, while a Slytherin's could perform extremely limited magic. But limited magic is better than no magic at all." He ended with a smirk. Harry couldn’t argue with that. Some magic was better than none. Harry sighed again. "So he made it that only his students could actually pass the test? That's unfair."

"That it might be, to the other houses. But seeing as that none of the other founders realized that he never destroyed the Labyrinth, it didn’t really matter. And there is no record of a Slytherin passing the test. Or any student passing. There aren't even any documents saying he tested any students at all."

Harry stuffed his wand into his robes. It was practically useless there. "Hopefully we're almost done here."

Snape made an unemotional grunt and continued walking.

After a while of following Snape in the darkness, Harry stopped an exclaimed "It looks like there's a door at the end of the tunnel! Come on Sna--Professor!"

Harry and Snape both examined the door in front of them. It was dark brown and had various runes carved all over it. The handle was made of a black, almost glass-like, substance.

"Should we go through it?"

"Yes seeing as though this is the end of the tunnel, and it would be foolish to go back." Snape slowly turned opened the door. They couldn’t see anything but a dull glow coming out of the door.

"Should we just go through separately or…what?"

"No. Separately is not a good idea…grab hold of my robes, we should be connected. Anything could happen if we pass through separately." Harry quickly grabbed the piece of cloth he was given. Quickly the two passed through the door and landed with a 'thud' on the stone floor of the Headmasters office.

"Severus, Harry, I've been expecting you!" A high female voice called from the large chair behind the newly pink desk. "How was the Labyrinth? You must inquire me about everything that happened. Oh, and Mr. Potter. Your friends need to tell you something." Umbridge said sweetly. She pointed to four chairs, which held Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Luna, all of which look depressed and sorry.

Chapter End Notes:
Yes, i know. "What took you so long?!" Well a lot of things. To many to list. And I know it's not very long, and I am sorry.

I need a beta, anyone interested?