Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 72] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Harry has just returned from his first year at Hogwarts and, after a visit from a house elf, the Dursleys lock him up, vowing never to let him return to the magical world. Then a most unexpected person shows up: Severus Snape.

Takes Place: 2nd summer Chapters: 14
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys Word count: 48195
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron Read: 99937
Rated: T
Warnings: Neglect
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 28 Aug 2007 - Updated: 03 Oct 2012
Awards:
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own HP or any of the trademarked stuff.

Okay, so a friend was dying to read a new Snape-Adopts-Harry fanfic, and I thought it might be interesting to try to write. Then I wrote a few chapters and several people suggested that I put it here as well, so here goes. Don't expect these two to just put aside all of their distrust and resentment in the third chapter, either; it's going to be a long road...

Table of Contents

1. Whispers and Warnings by Lyndotia [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4282 words) Printer

Obviously, even though it starts off a bit like CoS, it isn't. Oh, yeah, and be prepared for long-windedness, I'm notorious...

2. The Hand of Fate by Lyndotia [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3651 words) Printer

It has a bit of a dorky/cliche title, but I kept drawing a blank so I stole one of the characters' lines. XD

3. The Potions Master's Promise by Lyndotia [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4458 words) Printer

Hey, I actually came up with an interesting chapter title this time! Hooray! XD

4. A Friendly Visit by Lyndotia [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3260 words) Printer

My apologies to those of you who haven't read Deathly Hallows yet, but I just couldn't hold it back any more. So, it's time to put up this spoiler warning. This chapter contains much reference to information from the book, so I would recommend against reading it if you haven't read DH. The next chapter will have a lot from DH, and chapter six will strongly allude to it, so if you want to stay on the safe side, I would recommend skipping those, as well.

5. To Have Loved And Lost by Lyndotia [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3757 words) Printer

Again, DH spoiler warning. I already said this in the previous chapter, but I'm just making sure you all know. :) Yeah, lots of explaining going on in this chapter.. and Hedwig's return, yay! XP

6. Ponderings and Planning by Lyndotia [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4163 words) Printer

Again, DH spoiler warning. I already said this in the previous two chapters, but I'm just making sure you all know. :) Hopefully this chapter turns out interesting for all of you, I think it is... Quite fun to write, anyway. Originally, the next chapter was planned as part of this one, but that was before I realized how long that would be. So now it's broken down into two.

7. The Haunting Shadows by Lyndotia [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3275 words) Printer

Sorry, but this one has a DH spoiler warning, as well. I intended for this to be part of the previous chapter, but it would have turned out twice as long as the other chapters, so I broke it down into two. The next chapter will be just fine for everyone to read, though, I promise.

8. Up The Chimney And Back Again by Lyndotia [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstar (4762 words) Printer

Okay, we're officially out of the spoiler warning stage. That means this chapter is safe for everyone to read, yay! See, I keep my word. I just made a minor miscalculation that almost made one chapter twice as long as the others. ^_^;

9. When Paths Cross by Lyndotia [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2880 words) Printer

Lalala.. yeah, I have no idea why I just typed that other than complete lunacy on my part. Pardon me. Yeah, you all waited a LONG time for this chapter, but hopefully you'll like it. Sorry about that, but I've had so much stress and drama going on that I just couldn't make myself sit down and write. That's actually pretty weird, because I usually want to write when I'm down. Well, anyway, I'm back, and hopefully I won't be disappearing for a month at a time any more. :)

10. The Glowing Cauldron by Lyndotia [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2379 words) Printer

Well, I really don't feel much like writing, lately, to be honest. But, consider this my birthday gift to you -- for MY birthday! XD Well, it's a little shorter than usual, and a little late, since it's after midnight and it's technically no longer my birthday; but meh, it's the point of the thing. ;)

11. The Journey to Hogwarts by Lyndotia [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3887 words) Printer

All right, well, first off I'd like to say I'm so, so sorry for taking so very long to update. Between school and college applications and job interviews and my boyfriend's dad dying, I just haven't felt like writing anything of my own until recently. But now that I'm not so busy (and somewhat less stressed), I should be back in action.

Ah, well, I'm afraid you're all going to have to wait a few chapters to find out exactly what the potion is, sorry. I had this all planned out before I realized all this drama was going to come up in real life and bog me down so much; back then I posted two or three chapters a week, so you wouldn't have had to wait that long. I'll try to pick up the pace, though, I promise. :)

Kinda-sorta a present to y'all for mine and my boyfriend's second anniversary.. only a day late. XD

12. Repercussions by Lyndotia [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (2360 words) Printer

Yeah, I know, I did it again. Randomly disappearing for months while leaving this story (and my others, though you're probably not as concerned about those XD) hanging in the air. Truth be told, I really fell out of touch with HP for a while there. Partly due to everything going on in my life, but mostly because frankly I got really ticked about the whole Rowling-suing-the-HP-Lexicon-guy thing. So I had the first seven or eight paragraphs of this chapter written out, but any time I opened it to try to write, I just kind of sat there and looked at it.

-cough- But anyway, I'm straying off topic. The point I was trying to get to in this exceptionally long monologue was that I'm out of school. Completely out of high school, actually. Honestly, I'm still not sure how I really feel about that. XD But I now have less than a week left before my college classes start, and so I wanted to make sure you all had at least one more update before then, because there's no telling when I'll have time to do writing of any kind other than school-related for a while. I promise I'll try, though, because I'm actually kind of looking forward to the next chapter...

13. Draco's Surprise by Lyndotia [Reviews - 0] (2525 words) Printer

Well, it has now been four years since I’ve updated this fic, and three since I started writing this chapter the first time. I can’t say there’s one reason for a hiatus that long, of course; there are many. But right now, I’m feeling more inspired and far freer than I have at any point in years, and all of my oldest fics—the ones to which I still have the deepest connection and therefore feel inclined to pick up first—are Harry Potter ones. Hopefully you guys will get to reap the benefits of that for more than one chapter or two this time, eh? Assuming, of course, that any of you are even still watching for me after all this time… I guess I’m about to find out. For those of you who are, I’m deeply sorry for the long wait, but I am at last rewarding your patience. :)

14. Visiting Hours by Lyndotia [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (2556 words) Printer

… I’m assuming that by this point, I no longer have to warn you guys about DH content. XD And don’t worry, I’m not going to leave you on the hook much longer; the next chapter will center around Draco’s conversation with Severus and the favor he was doing for Lucius. I don't really know how I got this chapter finished so quickly between all my potionmaking on Pottermore (What? No, I certainly don’t empathize with Severus on that level… After all, according to Jo Rowling, I’m a Gryffindor.) and watching the stats for this story roll up on FF.net, but somehow I have. Don't be disappointed when you don't have another new update tomorrow though, as I do work 10-hour shifts and this is the end of my weekend. Thank you guys so much for all your support, and for not giving up on me! And sorry for this incredibly long author’s note, haha…

To be continued...
Lyndotia is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 120 members. Members who liked Sons of Reproach also liked 1580 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5