Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
This story is written Pre-Hogwarts. It contains loving discipline, i.e. spanking, of children and possible adults. If you do not like or are offended by this type of story please do not read.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the first chapter and will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the series.
Chapter 1

Harry suddenly found himself nowhere near his school. He looks around at the rundown homes scared not knowing how he got there, why he was there, or how to get home. After wandering around for almost an hour he literally runs into someone.

“Who are you, you little brat?” Asks a snide voice.

“H-Harry Potter sir.” Harry answers nervously looking up at the tall man wearing what appears to be a dress.

The man’s eyes narrow as he stares at Harry’s scar. “How did you get here Mr. Potter?” He asks sternly.

“I-I do not know sir. I was at school and my cousin and his gang were chasing me. I knew if they caught me they would beat me up badly so I tried to jump behind the trash bins and suddenly found myself here.” Harry says in a small, scared voice.

It is then that the man notices that the boys ankle seems to be injured and that he is holding his arm awkwardly. “Come with me Mr. Potter and I will see to your injuries.” He says lifting the boy into his arms. He is shocked at how light the boy is since he quite regularly visited his godson Draco and while Draco was a few months older than Harry, Draco weighed a good 30-40 pounds more than Harry.

Severus carries the boy back to his home and lays him on the couch. After making sure the boy is somewhat comfortable he calls Hogwarts. “Hogwarts, Dumbledore’s office.”

Almost immediately Albus Dumbledore’s head appears. “Severus what seems to be the problem?” Albus says looking around.

“I have a visitor that is quite seriously injured. Would you please come to Spinners End with Poppy immediately?” He asks having done a preliminary examination of Harry.

Albus nods and soon there is a knock on the door. Severus opens it to reveal the two adults and Poppy immediately rushes over to check Harry over. After waving her wand over the very confused child she immediately goes over to the two men. “Albus that is Harry Potter! He is almost 30 pounds under weight. Has multiple improperly healed bone breaks and fractures. Along with welts and bruises covering his whole body. The boy has obviously been abused and I cannot in good conscious allow him to return to his current guardians. If in less than four years they have done this kind of abuse what will they do in the next six? He may not live to attend Hogwarts.” She says glaring at the man.

Albus sighs and sits down heavily. “I should have listened to Arabella. She told me that he was being abused but I had hoped that Petunia would treat him well. We will need to find someone to care for him. Severus I must ask that you care for the boy for the time being.”

Severus stands up at that. “Albus I cannot. I must return to teach on Monday. I only came home because I had forgotten something when I moved in for the school year. Not to mention I have no experience raising a child.”

“I believe you made a vow to Lily to help protect her son did you not?” Albus asks reminding him of the unbreakable vow.

“Yes I did. But what of the boys schooling. I cannot teach him while teaching all day. Plus the dungeons are no place to raise a child.” He says eyeing the now sleeping five-year-old.

“Well then maybe this will convince you to move into the teachers wing. Harry would be able to go to the Hogsmeade school during the day. He could be escorted and then eventually possible floo back and forth. I think some training will also help him since it seems that he apparated himself a significant distance. I will visit the Dursley’s to remove his belongings and make sure that the money they have been receiving is paid back in full. After all considering his condition, his clothes, and such I doubt they spent much on him. I also believe he may have apparted here since he might remember his grand parents old home just down the street. A somewhat familiar place might help him. I would recommend not coming back until Monday evening so that you can go to his school. I will see you on Monday evening to show you your new quarters.”

With that Albus aparates away. Poppy turns to him and gives him some instructions. “Give him some nourishing potions at every meal. I would also suggest telling him about our world before you bring him to Hogwarts. He will also of course need some clothes and other things that a child that age needs.” Poppy says as she puts her cloak back on before leaving.

Severus sighs and looks at the young boy asleep on the couch. He knew that he needed to move him to a more comfortable bed. With a sigh he picked Harry up and carried him up to his old bedroom. With a few quick flicks of his wand the dust, coverings, and dirt were gone. With another flick the bed was made with fresh linens. Severus gently laid the boy down and then tucked him in gently. He stood there watching the child of his good friend Lily sleep peacefully. He hated Albus for reminding him of the vow he had made and now he could not do anything but keep it. He set some alarms to let him know if the boy would wake up and then went downstairs. When he arrived in the kitchen he groaned realizing he had no food in the house since he had not planned on returning until the Christmas holiday’s at the earliest. With a groan he waved his wand changing his clothes into muggle clothing before going to the nearby market. He picked up enough food to last the two of them through the weekend before returning to his home. He was almost finished putting away the groceries when the alarm went off informing him of Harry’s immenant awakening. He quickly finished before heading upstairs. As he entered the room Harry’s eyes were fluttering open.

Harry awoke to a warm, comfortable, feeling. It was strange to him since his cupboard was always stifling hot, and his mattress was very uncomfortable. He awoke to find the man that he had run into entering the room. He watched the man approach and run a stick over his body. Harry felt a strange warm feeling wash over him and stop when he put the stick away. “Harry I did not get a chance to introduce myself but my name is Severus Snape. I knew your mother and we have many things to talk about but for now I would like you to follow me down to the kitchen where I will make some dinner.”

Harry nods and follows the man downstairs quietly watching the man cook. He had tried to help but had summarily swatted on his bottom and told to sit down. He pouted and rubbed his bottom knowing that, that was nothing compared to the thrashings his uncle gave him. On the other hand he did not want further swats. A few minutes later Severus placed a bowl of soup, a grilled cheese sandwich, a cup of a strange medicine, and a glass of milk in front of the boy. “Eat all of that and drink the medicine, and milk. If you do that I have some pie for dessert.” He says sitting down to eat his own meal. Harry eats quietly moving from one too the other in a random pattern. The soup, sandwich, and milk were good, but as he expected the medicine tasted nasty. He dutifully ate all of it and was pleasantly surprised when a slice of apple pie was put in front of him. After they had finished eating and Severus had banished the dirty dishes to the sink he lead the boy back to the living room.

After seating both of them on the couch he then proceded to explain to Harry about the wizarding world, his parents, and how they really died. He then explained that his mother and aunt had grown up down the street and he had probably apparated to a location he remembered. By the end the boy looked shocked, betrayed, and angry. “You mean my babysitter was a member of your world, knew that they were beating me, and no one did a THING about it. Fuck you, you greasy git.”

Severus reaction is instantaneous. He pulls Harry over his knees baring his bottom. He starts smacking his bottom with sound swats. “I had planned on discussing the rules with you tomorrow but lets start with rule number 1. No swearing.” He proceded to warm the bottom in front of him until Harry was just limp over his knees.

Harry just bawled over the man’s knees and did not even realize he had stopped until he felt a warm hand rubbing his back and hair. When he became more aware he realized that, that same person had pulled up his pants and underwear, and was whispering words of comfort into his ear.

After a bit he calmed enough to look at the man with tears still in his eyes. “I am sorry sir I will be a good boy from now on.”

His promise illecits a chuckle from the man. “Mr. Potter, Harry, you are but a child. You will make mistakes, and mis-behave and I will be there to correct and guide you. Now while I have your attention let us discuss the other rules.” Severus went on to explain about meal times, curfews, and bedtimes. “When we move to Hogwarts we might find other rules but for now that shall be sufficient. Now it’s time for you to take a bath and then bedtime. If you would like I will give you a bath and then read you a story before bed.”

Harry nods and Severus carries him up to the bathroom. After filling the tub with warm water Severus strips Harry and gently sits him in the water. A small hiss escapes the boy as his bottom comes in contact with the warm water. “Your bottom will smart for a little bit but let that be a reminder to behave yourself.” He says sternly but gently. Harry nods and sits there allowing the man to bathe him. He enjoyed being taken care of in a way his aunt would have never done. Soon the bath is over and Severus dresses him in some shrunken clothes before bringing him back to the room he had woken up in before. Severus sits down in the desk chair and lays Harry in the bed. He picks up a book that he remembered reading at Harry’s age and starts reading it to him as the boy falls asleep. He smiles as the child curls up sound asleep.

After Harry is asleep he goes downstairs to find an owl waiting for him. He relieves the owl of it’s burden before it flies away. He opens the letter and un-shrinks the package. Inside were some of Ron Weasley’s old clothes. After reading the letter indicating that Albus had contacted the Weaseley’s for some assistance he checked the clothes and found that they would most likely fit Harry. He goes upstairs and puts a change of clothes on the chair along with a note instructing Harry to change into the clothes and come down to breakfast when he wakes up.

When he is finished he goes down to his lab to brew more nutrient potion for the boy. He could not believe that Petunia would have treated her nephew so badly. He had thought for sure that the boy would arrive in six years a pampered prince. But from the sounds of it the boy had been severly abused, and for a long time. After brewing enough doses to make it through dinner on Sunday the man turned in for the night. He knew the next day would be tedious and long going to the muggles, going shopping in both the muggle and magical worlds, and then going to Hogwarts with the boy.

Harry awoke later than he normally was allowed to sleep in. He awoke slowly wondering what he was doing in a warm and comfortable bed. He rolled over and gasped as his still slightly tender bottom touched the mattress. When he did that he suddenly remembered the night before. Appearing in this strange place, being healed with magic, the spanking, a nice bath, and being read a story. He climbed out of bed and saw the note and clothes on the chair near the bed. He quickly read the note and dressed in the clothes provided. Once he had done that he went down to the kitchen. When he arrived Snape was sitting at the table eating eggs, toast, and bacon. Harry’s mouth waters and his stomach growls at the smell. “Have a seat Harry. Eat up, and drink up, we have a lot to do today and you will need your energy.” Severus says indicating to the other plate also full of eggs, toast, bacon, a glass of milk and the potion.

Harry sits down and eats his food without further prompting and drinks his medicine. When he is finished Severus again banishes the plates to the sink before standing. He picks Harry up and looks at him gently. “We are going to do what you did yesterday and we are going back to the Dursley’s to get anything you want from there.” He says and Harry nods and grabs the man’s neck.

Soon they have appeared in front of Number four Privette Drive. Severus walks up to the house and rings the doorbell. Moments later it is opened by Petunia. She screeched when she saw Severus and screeched even louder when she saw Harry. Severus pushed his way in and scowled at the muggles in front of him. “I am here to inform you that your guardianship of Mr. Potter has been revoked. That the money that was provided to take care of him has been rescinded. He will remove anything that wishes too from this house and will never return. Be thankful that you are not going to Azkaban for child abuse. Now fetch what you want Harry and I will remove anything that also should be yours.” Severus says glowering at Petunia. Harry scurries off to find his stuff as Severus just simply ‘Accios’ anything else. Soon they are leaving and some of the neighbors have come outside at the sound of Petunia’s shrieks. Severus turns to them with disgust. “This boy is being removed from the torture whole called this house. I am DISGUSTED with the fact that not a single person did anything to help him. He is still healing from multiple broken bones, lascerations, and other injures. Not only that but I have a judge’s order to remove every pound given to the Dursley’s to more than adaquetly pay for his upbringing from there accounts.” Severus stops when he hears Harry whimper. When he looks up he see’s a women that quite closely resembles Vernon.

“Where are you taking that lazy, good for nothing, brat?” She demands.

“I am taking this poor, abused, tortured, boy away from his abusive relatives and there beating, stealing, hands. Who are you, you rude, incompentant, wench?” Severus snarls at her. Harry quietly tells him that she is Vernon’s sister and that she helped to beat him also. “Ah so Mr. Potter informs me that you also like to beat little children and try to have your filthy mutts kill him. Here come the police they can take your good for nothing lazy arse away from here.” Severus says as he walks away to Arabella’s house. Once he arrives he apparates both of them to a muggle mall.

Severus and Harry walk around the mall getting clothes of all types for him to wear. Severus cannot help the small smile that graces his face when he see’s Harry enjoying himself. The boy had too much hate, grief, and pain for someone so young. Last stop in the mall is the toy store. “Harry pick out whatever you want. No limit.” Harry runs around and picks out carrages full of toys. Soon Severus is paying and then brings the bags and themselves to a deserted corridor. He quickly shrinks the packages before apparating them to Diagon Alley. When they arrive Severus immediately goes to Madum Malkins. When they enter he brings Harry over to the dias. “He will need seven pairs of everyday robes. Two pairs of dress robes. Plus a light cloak, and a dress cloak.” Severus instructs as the tape measure flies around Harry’s head. Harry patiently stands there for a bit but starts to get fussy.

“Stay still young man.” Madam Malkin scolds.

“Why can’t you just hurry up? I want to go to the toy store, and the book store.” Harry whines.

Severus leans close and whispers in his ear. “There is a new rule. No whining. Also no complaining. Let her do her job or you shall spend the rest of the evening with no toys and a sore bottom.” Severus warns.

Harry gulps and nods in understanding. Soon the measurements are finished and she promises to owl the robes to Hogwarts. Once they are finished Severus sits down on the bench outside the store. “This is your last warning to behave. If you do not I will not hesitate to spank you. Do you understand?”

Harry nods biting his lower lip. “Yes sir. I will behave better.”

Severus nods and they then head to the bookstore. Harry picks out a whole bunch of different books and brings them up to Severus who has also come up with a few. Severus groans when he see’s the huge pile that Harry is carrying. Harry looks at him strangely. “What I know nothing of this world I need to learn somehow.” Severus sighs and pays for everything before they head to the Apothecarthy. He picks up all the ingredients he will need along with a minature potions kit for Harry. He swore to himself that the boy would not be an idiot of a potions student if he was living with him. Harry starts to become restless and Severus sends a swat at his bottom with his wand. Harry yelps and rubs his bottom looking at Severus shocked. The man was nowhere near him. At Harry’s shocked look he holds up his wand. Harry gulps realizing that the man does not need to be near him to punish him.

Soon they are traveling to the toy store and again Harry runs around grabbing things. He starts to come back with a broom that is meant for child his age but for one that has been flying for a few years. Severus leads him back and picks one of the more beginner brooms and turns to Harry. “While you are the appropriate age for that broom, you are not skilled enough for it. When you are ready for it we will buy it. Alright?” He says catching the pout on the boys face.

With a sigh Harry nods. “I guess I won’t be ready for that for a bit huh?” Harry says looking out the door and across the road to the Nimbus 1000 on display.

Severus follows his sight. “No not for a long time. Not until you are ready to play on your house team. Which considering your fathers talent I have no doubt you will make it. What ever house you end up in.” Severus says leading him to a spot to apparate from.

Soon they arrive back at the house. “We are only going to unpack a small amount of items since we will be moving to Hogwarts tomorrow evening.” Severus explains as they go upstairs. He pulls out two pairs of pj’s, two sets of clothes, and a robe before banishing the rest to the trunk he had bought Harry. He then starts to put away Harry’s toys until he notices Harry has pulled two toys out. “Harry you may have the teddy bear if you wish but not the broom. We are in a muggle neighborhood so you will not be able to fly here.” Harry pouts but nods and puts his new teddy on the bed. Soon all of the new belongings and toys are packed away and the two of them are heading down to lunch.

Harry eats his lunch watching the professor clean up and start a large pot of stew for dinner. “Are we ever going to eat anything but soup?” Harry whines.

Severus turns to the boy and scowls. “I did not have much food here and only bought enough to last us through lunch tomorrow. If and that’s a big IF you behave I might take you out to lunch in town tomorrow. But no more whining, complaining, or any other miss-behaving. In fact I think you can go stand in the corner for a half hour for that whining.” He orders pointing to a corner in the living room. Harry walks over stomping his feet every step of the way. He gets about three steps before he is picked up and carried over to the couch. He gasps as he feels himself going over Severus’ knees and then his bottom being bared. Soon though he cannot think of that any more as he feels the first of many spanks land on his poor bottom. Soon he is kicking, squirming, and pleading with him to stop. Severus continues until he is quite sure that the Harry has learned his lesson. When Harry is limp Severus gently turns him over into a hug. He gently rocks, and croons to the boy helping to calm him. When Harry’s tears have slowed Severus gently pulls Harry’s chin so that there eyes meet. “No more whinning, complaining, or acting like a spoiled brat. If you continue to act like this I will continue to spank you. Next time I will not use my hand, it will be a ruler. Do you understand me?” He asks sternly.

Harry nervously nods. “Y-Yessir. I will try to behave better for you. C-Could we go and visit my teacher? She was very nice and tried to help me but I think my uncle paid of the school to not do anything.” Harry asks wiping at his eyes.

Severus looks pensive for a moment and then nods. “Tomorrow I think we could. But I expect you to behave yourself to the best of your ability. You are young and will make mistakes but otherwise you are going to grow into a fine young man. In fact I think I have a better idea for school for you. There is a school that teaches young witches and wizards that also does more than just muggle subjects like the Hogsmeade school does. Also if you attend this school I would be able to claim you as my apprentice after you turn eight. But for now I think an early bedtime is due. Lets get you upstairs, washed, and tucked into bed.” Severus says lifting the boy into his arms.

Soon Harry is washed and tucked into bed. Severus picks up another book and starts to read it to the boy. Harry smiles slightly and snuggles down into his bed and is soon fast asleep. After tucking Harry in Severus walks downstairs and sends an owl to the headmistress of the school he was telling Harry about. He knew that Harry being able to apparate from Surrey to Spinner’s End made him quite powerful. After sending the owl off Severus cleans up the kitchen and heads to bed.

--

When morning comes Harry wakes up, dresses and goes downstairs. After a filling breakfast they apparate to Arabella Figgs house. From there they travel in Mrs. Figgs car to the primary school that Harry and Dudley had attended. When they arrive it is recess time so they are able to go straight to the classroom. When they enter the teacher looks up from grading her papers, stands up, and rushes over to Harry. “Harry my goodness your alright. It’s all over the news about the Dursley’s. The social worker came to interview me and wanted to see your school marks. She saw some of the inconsitences I saw. Things like Dudley doing well on homework but terrible on tests and such.”

Harry nods and returns the hug. “I had to do his homework. Plus if I did better in school than him I would be thrashed.” Harry says as the teacher hugs him tighter. “But now Mr. Snape is going to take care of me. He was a friend of my mothers and made a promise to her that he couldn’t keep. But now that I have been removed from my relatives he can keep that promise.”

She hugs him tightly once more before releasing the boy. “Well I am glad that someone cares about him. When he disappeared during recess we became concerned. It made us even more concerned when we asked for a recent picture of Harry and they in fact had not a single thing. The police asked for some clothes of his to track his scent and found out that they made him sleep in a broom cupboard. My word I cannot imagine what they put you through child. I am sorry I could not do more since I had tried to report them but was repeatedly blocked. Those who blocked my have been fired and there liscences removed. Also Harry just so you know Dudley has been taken to a boy’s home for delinquent’s. Hopefully they will be able to help him. Please if it is possible Mr. Snape could I stay in contact with Harry. I would like to see how he is doing and even be updated if possible.”

“If you provide me with an address I can make that happen. But for now we must leave and get him registered at his new school.” Severus says. Quickly the teacher jots down her address and Severus takes it while giving her a post office box in London through which mail from muggles to wizards, and wizards to muggles, is transported. Soon Severus and Harry make a short stop at the office to pick up other information and they start to leave the building.

As they are leaving the building Dudley’s gang comes up and starts picking on Harry. “Leave him alone you little brats. Be thankful you aren’t joining your gang leader in prison.” Severus spits.

Harry looks around the mans legs to see one of the teachers leading them off. “You three are VERY lucky you are not at Saint Brutus’s with Dudley. This is your last warning keep this up and you will be.” She says shepherding them inside.

Snape and Harry go back to the car to return to Mrs. Figg’s house. Soon they are traveling by apparition to the school Severus had told Harry about. When they enter they are lead to a large office of the Headmistress’. “Hello Severus. It is good to see you.” She greets warmly.

“Hello Mrs. Kent. As I said in the letter I have a new ward that I would like to enroll here. I believe him to be extremely intelligent, and VERY powerfull. He accidentally apparated from Surrey, England, to my home in Spinner’s End.” Severus explains.

“My that is quite a distance indeed. I will need him to take some tests before I can accept him of course.” Mrs. Kent explains.

Soon Harry is sitting at a desk. “Now I know you used to have to pretend your were not as smart as you really were but I would like you to do your best. Do not guess but fill out what you really know. Then I will give you a test on your magic.” She explains as Harry sits down on the chair and begins. By lunchtime he is done with the written part. “Alright why don’t we take a break for lunch and maybe walk around the grounds.” Mrs. Kent suggests as they leave her office. Soon the three of them are eating a luscious lunch and Snape hands Harry the potion. Harry gulps it down grimacing as he finishes it. Soon Mrs. Kent is showing Harry the school grounds and re-showing Severus them.

Soon they come to a room that Mrs. Kent steps into followed by the other two. She walks over to a case and directs Harry to it. “I want you to slowly move your hand over the wands until you feel a reaction to one of the wands. When you do pick it up okay?” She asks.

With a nod Harry obeys and when he comes to a training wand of Holly and a Phoenix feather he stops and picks it up. Mrs. Kent then leads him to a strange looking target. “I want you to concentrate on creating a beam of light, aimed at the target. Ok?” Harry nods and concentrates on sending a beam of light at the target. When he gets to it’s brightest Mrs. Kent stops him. “My you are quite correct. He is accepted. Now I will need him to do the abilities test.” She says as she pulls out a piece of parchment. She picks up a needle and looks at Harry. “I need a drop of blood from you please.” Harry nods and she quickly puts a drop of blood on the parchment. When it is done it has listed all of Harry’s atribute’s. “Oh my most of these we can work with him but Parstlemouth no one can train him. We will just train him not to be overwhelmed by it. He can start tomorrow if you wish.” Mrs. Kent offers.

“That will work out well. He will be a day student and will portkey to and from the school if that is ok.” Severus says ruffling Harry’s hair affectionately. Harry smiles up at the man as Mrs. Kent gives her consent. “Good he will be staying at Hogwarts and will have ample supervision and homework help if needed.”

“Here is the uniform of the school. You can pick all of it up in Diagon Alley.” Mrs. Kent says handing a list to Severus.

Severus apparates both of them back to Diagon Alley. Thankfully Harry’s measurements have not changed so all he have to do is pick out his size. Soon they are heading to Flourish and Blotts to pick up his books. Severus collects everything and pays for it along with another extra book for Harry. After a quick trip to the store that sells quills and parchment they are off again.

Soon Severus has apparated both of them to the edge of the wards. Severus continues to carry Harry up the long walk to the castle gates. When they arrive Minerva is waiting for them. “Severus my goodness I assume everything went well registering him for school?”

“Yes he will be starting at Phoenix Primary school tomorrow. He passed all of the tests with flying colors. Thankfully it is not too far into the school year or he would have to stay back a year.” Severus says following Minerva to his new rooms. Off of the teachers common room is a door with Severus name on it. Once they enter there is a small living/dining/kitchen area.

“Albus knows that you still like to cook on occasion so he set you up a kitchen.” Minerva explains. She then leads them down a small hallway with four doors. She opens the first door to show a potions lab. “We think we got all of the spells but you should check of course.” At Severus nod she continues onto the next door that contains a bathroom. “Filius set the kiddywards already for you.”

She then turned to the door across from the bathroom and opens the door. Harry squeals and runs inside as soon as he realizes it is his bedroom. On one wall was a painting of a forest. While the other held the painting of the ocean. He runs over and bounces on the bed a bit before Severus picks him up, swats him once, and puts him on his feet. “No bouncing on the bed. You could seriously hurt yourself.” He says sternly as Harry rubs his hand over the offending mark.

“Yessir.” He says quietly. Minerva leaves them to unpack with instructions that they are expected at dinner in the Great Hall. Severus groans but acknowledges the request before unshrinking Harry’s trunk. Soon all of Harry’s belongings are put away and he is bouncing on his toes. “Can I go fly please?” He begs.

“Not tonight. It is late and almost time for dinner.” Severus says gently but firmly. He leads Harry to the Great Hall where the boy looks up at the ceiling with awe. Soon they are both seated and start eating dinner.

After dinner Harry tries to sneak outside to fly. He does not get far before Severus stops him. “Harry James Potter!” Severus says sternly. Harry jumps and turns around and gulps. “What do you think you are doing? I told you, you could not go flying. Let’s go back to our rooms and have a little chat about obedience.” With that Severus drags him to there rooms. Once they arrive Severus immediately stands him in the corner. “Stand there while I calm down. When I have calmed you will be going over my knee for a long bottom warming. I cannot believe you would deliberately disobeying me.”

Harry stands in the corner sniffling quietly as he awaits his punishment. After a half an hour Severus has calmed and calls the boy to him. Harry walks over and his eyes bug out at the paddle in Severus hand. “If you were a little older I would likely switch and or possible cane you for deliberately disobeying me. For now you will be paddled for this. This is the worst implement I will use on you until you are a bit older. For now let us deal with this, then you will take a bath, then bed. Plus I am confiscating your broom for one week.” Harry groaned and then whimpered as Severus lowered his pants and underwear. Soon Harry is bare bottomed over Severus knee getting his bottom turned into a dark red. When Harry’s bottom is painfully red Severus stops and gently gathers the child into his arms. Harry just sobs his eyes out his nose running. Severus gently wipes his eyes and pulls out his handkerchief for Harry to blow. When Harry has calmed Severus gently raises the boys underwear, and removes his pants. “I hope you have learned your lesson. If we ever have this chat again you will not like what will happen. Plus once you become my apprentice the punishment will become severe.”

Harry nods his head sobbing hard at the fire in his bottom. He vowed to never disobey the man again unless he wanted to be able to ever sit again. Soon Severus stops and turns the boy into a hug. He hated to have to spank Harry so hard but really the boy needed to learn obiedience. When he is turned over Harry just clings to Severus. “I’m sorry sir.” He sobs out. “I will try to behave better.” Harry promises.

Severus smiles and gently whipes away the tears flowing down his checks. He just cuddles the child close hoping to alleviate some of his discomfort and pain with his love. He starts when he realizes what he had just thought. Did he really love Harry? Had the boy become more of a son to him than anything else? Yes he thought the boy had. “Harry I know that you will make mistakes and have to learn from them. I will be there to guide you every step of the way. I love you as if you were my son. Do not fret you will never have to fear losing me or anyone else. I promise.”

Harry looks up tears brimming in his eyes. “B-Before you no one cared. Teachers ignored the abuse. And some even cause some. Will you seriously be my daddy?” The little boy asks scared of the answer.

Severus kisses the top of the boys head. “If you want me to be I will. I will go through the steps to adopt you. Then legally and magically you will be my son.” Harry throws his arms around Severus neck as the man stands up and carries him up to bed. Once in Harry’s room he gently lays the child in bed on his side. “Goodnight son. Tomorrow we will go and file the paperwork. For now it’s time to go to bed.”

Harry nods and curls up around his teddy bear falling into a restful sleep. After tucking the blankets in securely around the child Severus goes down to the common area to speak with Albus.

Albus beams at him proudly. “I would be a great thing for Harry for you to adopt him. It would give him the stability that the muggles never did. I will do everything in my power to assist you in this endeavor. You say you want to go first thing, Let me make arrangements for your classes and then right after breakfast we can leave.”

Severus nodded and soon he found himself opening the door to Harry’s room and checking in on the child. After straightening the blankets he goes to his own room to sleep.

To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
Please send cookies to feed the author.