Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 221] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Sometimes getting what you want is terrifying. Can Severus and Harry manage after the roller coaster that was first year?

Sequel to Reading the Signs. This story is part of the series, Going Through the Motions. The previous story in the series is Reading the Signs.

Takes Place: 3rd summer Chapters: 15
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 37315
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron Read: 104087
Rated: K+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Series: Going Through the Motions
Challenges: None
Published: 07 Jul 2008 - Updated: 14 Feb 2011
Awards:
Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 by lyra [Reviews - 24] starstarstarstarstar (2089 words) Printer

OMG it's finally here! Thank you all for your patience.

2. Chapter 2 by lyra [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarstar (2252 words) Printer

Thank you all for your fabulous and numerous reviews of Chapter 1. Apologies for the long wait, but I've had guests the entire month of July, making it difficult to get any writing done. On the upside, almost all of that was my nephew, who turned 12 while he was here, the same age as Harry is turning in this story. A great resource, lol!

3. Chapter 3 by lyra [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar (1793 words) Printer

Oh my god, this update has taken forever. But here it finally is, I hope you all enjoy!

Previously on Filling the Void:

Watery eyes met his own. “It’s not that I’m not grateful, and that I don’t want this so so much. It’s just that I thought, I mean, I thought maybe--”

“You thought?” He prompted.

“They never did want me, did they?”

He couldn’t help himself, he pulled his ward into a tight embrace.

4. Chapter 4 by lyra [Reviews - 17] starstarstarstarstar (1475 words) Printer

Here's Chapter 4. Short on words, but high on angst.

5. Chapter 5 by lyra [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1740 words) Printer

Oh my. Two months have passed since the last update. Sorry about that. A promotion at work and a busy social life have made it hard to get any writing done. But here is a new chapter!

6. Chapter 6 by lyra [Reviews - 20] starstarstarstarstar (2236 words) Printer

Hmm. I suspect this story is going to be a heck of a lot longer than I originally thought. The outline is supposed to take us through the summer plus second year. And it will. But here we are at chapter 6 and we're not even a month into the summer.

This ought to be interesting...

7. Chapter 7 by lyra [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1788 words) Printer

8. Chapter 8 by lyra [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (1783 words) Printer

9. Chapter 9 by lyra [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarstar (4412 words) Printer

An extra long chapter as reward for your patience!

10. Chapter 10 by lyra [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar (3886 words) Printer

Another long one, to apologize for taking so long to update.

11. Chapter 11 by lyra [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (2049 words) Printer

Time flies doesn't it? I won't offer any excuses for the 3 month (!) wait between chapters. Let's just get to the story.

12. Chapter 12 by lyra [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2781 words) Printer

Last time: Harry overheard a conversation and unfortunately misunderstood.

13. Chapter 13 by lyra [Reviews - 20] starstarstarstarstar (3238 words) Printer

Thank you all for your patience. I know I'm rather slow in updating, but please know that I have every intention of finishing this story. I can't believe it's already been two years since I started it, and it's not even past Harry's birthday yet. I plan for Filling the Void to carry through Harry's second year, and if you can bear with me, I eventually plan on others in the series. Like I said, I know I'm slow. I have more time to write now, but got sucked into another fandom, and I tend to get single minded about these things. But this series is my baby and I will continue to write as long as you continue to read. Thank you!

14. Chapter 14 by lyra [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2527 words) Printer

15. Chapter 15 by lyra [Reviews - 39] starstarstarstarstar (3266 words) Printer

Seven months? Really? Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend to have a decent excuse for that. Insanity. Hopefully some of you are still reading.

To be continued...
lyra is the author of 1 other stories. This story is part of the series, Going Through the Motions. The previous story in the series is Reading the Signs.
This story is a favorite of 161 members. Members who liked Filling the Void also liked 1699 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5