Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 287] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: After the final battle, Harry goes back into Snape's memories. What he finds, shocks him and turns what should have been his happiest days, into a living hell.

Takes Place: 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry) Chapters: 33
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 157605
Main Characters: Arthur, Draco, Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, McGonagall, Molly, Ron, Shacklebolt, .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 158369
Rated: T
Warnings: Alcohol Use, Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: Post-DH Sevitus
Published: 27 Oct 2008 - Updated: 01 Jan 2012
Awards:
Story Notes:

Disclaimer:  All characters belong to J.K. Rowling, and there are several direct quotes from GOB, and HPB.

Special thanks to my Beta ObsidianEmbrace, without whose unwavering support, encouragement and hard work, I would never have had the courage to post this story.

AnUncertainFuturepicture-1-1.png picture by PandoraSilk

Table of Contents

1. Dumbledore's Betrayal by Pandora [Reviews - 24] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2210 words) Printer

2. Lost Souls by Pandora [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3948 words) Printer

Disclaimer: This chapter has several direct quotes from HBP, & GOB. All characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

Thanks again to my wonderful beta ObsidianEmbrace, whose stories Lily's Charm, Lily's Charm: The Gift, and Crucio are absolutely brilliant! Thanks again for keeping me on my toes Tabitha! ;)

3. Bittersweet by Pandora [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4435 words) Printer

Disclaimer: All characters belong to JK Rowling.

Again, many thanks to my beta ObsidianEmbrace, who somehow manages to find the time to help me with my story, and still write brilliant stories herself!

4. Conflict and Manipulation by Pandora [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (3039 words) Printer

Disclaimer: All characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

Many thanks to my beta ObsidianEmbrace, who somehow always seems to know just the right word or phrase that I'm looking for!

5. Unconditional Love by Pandora [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (4576 words) Printer

Many thanks again to ObsidianEmbrace for betaing this chapter for me.

J.K. Rowling owns all characters.


Finding your soulmate is a rare thing, and when you find the person who completes your soul...you hang on for dear life.

6. Cruel To Be Kind by Pandora [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4067 words) Printer

Disclaimer: All characters belong to J.K. Rowling of course!

Thank you ObsidianEmbrace for betaing this chapter, and for the benefit of learning from your experience and talent.

7. Misunderstood by Pandora [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (4361 words) Printer

All Characters belong to the amazing J.K. Rowling.

Thanks to my amazing beta ObsidianEmbrace for all her great advice.

8. Bad Decisions by Pandora [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (4433 words) Printer

The whole concept of this magical universe and it's characters of course belong to the amazing J.K. Rowling!

Thanks again ObsidianEmbrace for finding the time in your busy schedule to beta for me!

Direct quote from HBP in Defence class scene.

9. Downward Spiral by Pandora [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (6536 words) Printer

All Characters belong to the most esteemed J.K. Rowling.

Thanks again to my beta ObsidianEmbrace for all her hard work.

10. Sensory Overload by Pandora [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (6746 words) Printer

Disclaimer: All characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

Many thanks to my beta ObsidianEmbrace who despite being very ill with pneumonia, helped me with this chapter.

Hope you feel better soon Tabitha! :(

11. Overindulgence by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (5638 words) Printer

All Characters belong to J.K. Rowling

Many thanks to my beta ObsidianEmbrace who continues to pull through for me, despite her lingering ill-health.

---

The timeline is adapted for the purposes of my story, so if it seems off, it is because my story wouldn't work unless I changed the date of the Final Battle from sometime in May, to early September. So Harry is seventeen, just defeated Voldemort, and is returning to Hogwarts to resume his studies for his final year. The term had already started, and it took several weeks for the renovations to the castle, so this would bring us to late September, or early October.

12. Safe Haven by Pandora [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (6115 words) Printer

Many thanks to my beta, EDQ (She knows what it stands for!) A.K.A. ObsidianEmbrace for again waving her magic wand and improving my story!

13. Sudden Clarity by Pandora [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (5634 words) Printer

As usual, all characters and Harry Potter universe belong to J.K. Rowling.

Many thanks to my beta ObsidianEmbrace (A.K.A., EDQ, A.K.A., Tabby, A.K.A., Pokey) who still managed to proofread my story, despite being sore from all the pokes she endured as a result of her slow progress on her last chapter. But of course, it was worth the wait!

14. Past Regrets by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (5330 words) Printer

All Characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

Many thanks to my brilliant beta ObsidianEmbrace who just finished her wonderful story, Lily's Charm: The Gift and deserves congratulations for creating her own unique universe and giving J.K.'s characters her own special touch!!!

15. Secrets Revealed by Pandora [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (4191 words) Printer

All Harry Potter characters and universe belongs to the amazing J.K. Rowling.

Special thanks once again to my beta ObsidianEmbrace, who is more than just a beta; her advice is invaluable and I'm very fortunate to have the benefit of her experience and talent.

16. One Step Forward...Two Backwards by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (4651 words) Printer

All Characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

Many thanks, as usual, to my beta ObsidianEmbrace for her invaluable help and support.

17. Raw Emotions by Pandora [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (4597 words) Printer

All Charactrers belong to J.K. Rowling, as you know.

Many thanks to my beta ObsidianEmbrace once again for taking time in her busy schedule for me.

18. Slow Road to Recovery by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (7541 words) Printer

It all belongs to JK. Thanks to Tabitha for taking the time to beta this for me.

Sorry for the long delay in updating. I had a serious bout of writer's block.

19. Count Down to D-Day by Pandora [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (4696 words) Printer

I wish that I had created this wonderful universe, but alas the pleasure is not mine, therefore I give many thanks to J.K. Rowling. Without her, where would we all be?

Thanks once again to Obsidian Embrace for betaing this chapter for me. Everyone go check out Lily's Charm! Amazing story.

A special thanks to AngelFirenze for inspiring the sequence of events to follow. Your wish is my command!

20. A Rose by Any Other Name by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (5059 words) Printer

All characters and universe belong to J.K. Rowling, as if we didn't all know!

Many thanks to ObsidianEmbrace, who has been so supportive and helpful to me by correcting my mistakes, and just always being ready with advice and helpful tips. And she does all this while she writes such brilliant stories! Go check them out.

This chapter is dedicated to AngelFirenze, who gave me such wonderful inspiration with her great ideas! Also thank you to NevemTeve for pointing out that Snape deserves a second chance as well at redemption.

Thank you to all of those who have stuck with me as well. I appreciate your reviews and your support, especially Kristeh, Snapegirl, WrappedinHarry, and Ponytail Goddess. Oh, and Delacre, what a lovely review. Thank you Gin, Phoenix1, Hawkshench, Missny1, Kodak717, Keina, JolisGSD and anyone else, who I'm sorry if I've forgotten to thank you. Oh how could I forgot Gowvan! I'm feeling mushy today!!!

21. Should Smell As Sweet by Pandora [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (6770 words) Printer

Disclaimer: All characters and universe belong to her extreme giftedness, Ms. J.K. Rowling.

Thanks a bunch Tabitha (aka. ObsidianEmbrace) my wonderful beta, without whom I wouldn't even dare to write anything!

22. Realm of Dreams by Pandora [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4175 words) Printer

Disclaimer: (As if you don't already know!) All characters and universe belong to J.K. Rowling.

Thanks so much to ObsidianEmbrace for betaing this chapter, and all the great advice you've given me. Check out her stories if you haven't already; they're amazing!

23. Through the Fog by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (6093 words) Printer

The usual disclaimers apply. JK owns it all. Her brilliance knows no bounds.

I just couldn't resist borrowing a scene from the HBP movie, because it fit in so well with the scene in my story! LOL! Hope you'll find it as amusing as I did in the movie!

Thanks again Tabitha (ObsidianEmbrace) for betaing this so quickly and for your words of encouragement.

A special thanks to Kristeh for her support as well. Go check out ObsidianEmbrace's and Kristeh's amazing stories. Oh, just wanted to mention, and I'm sorry that I forgot to do so. I got the idea for the Howler from Jessierose85, in her review. Brilliant idea Jessie!

24. Sins of the Father by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (4388 words) Printer

All characters and universe belong to J.K. Rowling of course.

Thanks Tabitha for finding the time to beta for me, and writing such beautiful stories too.

Thanks Kristeh for your continued support, and for still reading with my stories! :)

25. Mending Fences by Pandora [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (5146 words) Printer

All characters and universe belongs to J.K Rowling.

Special thanks my wonderful beta ObsidianEmbrace. What would I do without you Tabitha?

And of course, thank you Kristeh. I really appreciate your encouragement.

26. A Place to Call Home by Pandora [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (4824 words) Printer

All characters and universe belong to J.K. Rowling.

Special thanks to my amazing beta Tabitha, aka ObsidianEmbrace.

Thanks too to all who are still reading, and especially to Kristeh. I did mean to post a little note on this when I first posted the chapter, and Lesley pointed it out to me. Spinner's End will not be in a dirty, sooty, grimy industrial city near Manchester, as in Canon. I am changing the location of it, to a quiet country village. Also, yes...in Canon, Severus hated his Muggle father, and that hasn't changed, and Spinner's End does have some painful memories for Severus, but that is why he is allowing Harry to renovate and decorate the house, so that it will become a special place to make "new" memories, and allow Severus to move forward and forget about the horrors that took place there.

27. Transformations by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (4584 words) Printer

All Characters belong to J.K. Like...duh?

Thank you Tabitha (Obsidian Embrace) for betaing this chappie for me, when you are so under the weather, you poor dear. Hope you feel better Tab!

Nothing terribly exciting happens in this chapter, but there is a lot of bonding between Severus and Harry. I hope that you enjoy it anyway.

Thanks Kristeh for always being so supportive, and not abandoning my stories.

28. Drastic Measures by Pandora [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (6564 words) Printer

All characters and universe belong to J.K. Rowling.

Thanks to my wonderful beta ObsidianEmbrace. You always find the time for me, and still produce beautiful stories too.

Thanks Kristen for all your encouragement and support.

29. Tis the Season by Pandora [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5353 words) Printer

All characters and universe belong to J.K. Rowling.

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to update. I've not been feeling so well, and real life has gotten in the way. I promise to try to be more speedy in the future with updates.

Special thanks to my wonderful beta ObsidianEmbrace for all her hard work and valuable advice.

Thanks so much to Kristen, who's always there with a pat on the back and an encouraging word.

Thank you too, to Delacre, who sent me such a lovely personal message that helped give me the motivation to continue writing this story. And of course to all those others who have stuck with the story.

30. To Be Jolly by Pandora [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3130 words) Printer

Sorry for such a long wait. I've had some computer problems, competed in a challenge fest over at Potions and Snitches, and had real life issues!

It's not as long as I would have liked, but I promise the next chapter will be longer.

Thanks so much to ObsidianEmbrace for betaing this chappie, and for her great advice and encouragement, and to my good friend Kristeh for her support and encouragment.

All characters belong to J.K. Rowling of course!

31. Christmas Cheer by Pandora [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3289 words) Printer

Sorry about the long wait. Real life has interrupted my creativity!

I had wanted to post on my birthday, October 27, because that was the second anniversary, of this, my first story ever, but alas I am a little late.

Thanks to J.K. for introducing us to her wonderful, magical world and characters, and allowing us fanfiction writers such liberty!

Thanks to my amazing beta ObsidianEmbrace for supporting me so wonderfully in the past two years, and my good friend Kristeh for her input and encouragement. Both are amazing writers, and you should check out their stories, "A Life More Ordinary," and "The Best Mistakes" by ObisidanEmbrace, and "Slave Child" by Kristeh. They are both very talented writers!

A little word of warning, this chapter contains alot of Ginny and Harry mush. I'm sorry, but I love Ginny and Harry together, so if this bothers you, you may want to skip that part.

Oh, and one more ramble.

I have received many messages, pointing out that the time-line of my story is off, and for this I apologise, but the story is AU, and although I had the timing of events a little scrambled in my brain at the beginning of the story, it would upset the sequence of events in the story to rectify it at this point. So again, Harry is only seventeen in this story, not eighteen, the final battle took place in a shorter span of time; namely, during the summer before, up to and including most of the month of September, resulting in the start of term resuming late, due to the major renovations required after the castle being so heavily destroyed during the battle.

Not that I don't appreciate reviews or constructive criticism, but it gets tiresome explaining why the sequence of events don't correspond to those of Canon, so I'm explaining it this one last time.

32. New Beginnings & Past Regrets by Pandora [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2848 words) Printer

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I've been ill, my father passed away, and work has been very stressful, but I've gotten the desire to write again after the release of Deathly Hallows, Part 2. I'm sorry if the chapter is not as long as usual, but I promise that now that I've got my muses back, I'll try to update more often.

Thank you for all of you that have stood by me and are still reading. Thanks so much to my good friend Kristen, and of course ObsidianEmbrace for correcting my mistakes and all her support and encouragement these past couple of years.

Thanks of course to the wonderful J.K. Rowling for creating such a wonderful universe. I'm really going to miss the HP universe, so we fanfiction writers and readers are going to have to keep it alive.

33. Auld Lang Syne by Pandora [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (2638 words) Printer

Sorry, short chapter and not betaed, but I really wanted to post at Midnight on New Year's Eve because it coincided with the timeline of this chapter. Will repost when beated by ObsidianEmbrace.

Special thanks to my good friend Kristeh who helped me immensely with this chapter!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!

May all your wishes come true for 2012!

To be continued...
Pandora is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 76 members. Members who liked An Uncertain Future also liked 1314 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5