Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 31] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: With Hedwig's help Severus and Moody come to rescue Harry Potter from his abusive relatives. Warning: contains mention of child abuse and self-mutilation!

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 1
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Healer Snape, Misc > Strictly Canon Universe, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Snape-meets-Dursleys Word count: 2393
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character, Ron Read: 8637
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Self-harm
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 05 Jan 2009 - Updated: 05 Jan 2009
Awards:
Table of Contents

1. With the Help of Hedwig by grugster [Reviews - 31] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2393 words) Printer

Dear readers,
this story has been influenced by my up growing frustration in my job. I work as a social worker in a children welfare home. One of my duties is to take care for abused and neglected teenagers. Often they come that badly hurt to us that it needs a lot of hard work to get their trust again and help them. Too often they aren’t even capable to trust somebody again and we can’t help them like we wished. The hardest part is it when we have to send children back home even when we know that they are unloved there. Unfortunately you have to be physically hurt to get help, emotionally coldness and neglet aren’t enough to get help. It’s hard and frustrating to see this. When I read the Harry Potter books I often wanted to slap Dumbledore for sending Harry back to his cold ‘home’ at the Dursleys. That’s one reason why love fanfiction, you can change the characters like you want them to react and you can give the characters another and better life. I wish I could do this in reality as well.
Bye Sunny

The End.
grugster is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 25 members. Members who liked With the Help of Hedwig also liked 1363 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5