Voldemort is gone and Harry's relatives had no desire to keep Harry for long, so he was placed into an orphanage until he was adopted by a family. But when they pass away a few years later, he is placed into the custody of another who had just moved to Spinner's End. That is when Severus first saw the boy without even knowing who he was. The little boy, seven years old, who was always forgotten, uncared for and treated like filth. Severus watches this boy and sees a reflection of his own childhood. And when they meet, Severus vows to offer kindness where no one else does, in the form of a simple piece of food the boy lacked or a warm blanket for the cold days ahead. And when things get worst, he even offers shelter to the child the world had forgotten and cast aside.
The boy Severus now wants to save.
|Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11), 1st summer before Hogwarts
|Snape flavour: None
|Categories: Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape
||Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Family, General, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Tragedy
|Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Runaway, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
||Word count: 156302
|Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Filch, Fred George, Ginny, McGonagall, Original Character, Other, Pomfrey, Remus, Sirius
16 Oct 2010 - Updated:
07 Sep 2013
1. From There to Here by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] (3892 words)
2. A Rubbish Situation by watercrystals [Reviews - 4] (4057 words)
3. A Hero in the Shadows by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] (4121 words)
Due to plenty of reviews and that I have written ahead to chapter five by now, here is an early update of the next chapter! Enjoy.
4. Volumes by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] (3541 words)
5. A Little Light and Friendship by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] (6192 words)
6. A Confusion of Names by watercrystals [Reviews - 12] (5058 words)
It seems that many of my readers have mixed hopes involving Erin, and while it may be some time before it becomes a key factor, I am sure I can please most of you based on the way I have worked it out.
Also, this chapter is for those who wanted Severus to find that particular assignment Harry had to write for school...
7. Who are you, Cody? by watercrystals [Reviews - 18] (5078 words)
I have added a new banner for this fic, for anyone who is interested in viewing it.
8. The Poison and the Frog by watercrystals [Reviews - 19] (5594 words)
Thanks to Ash for beta'ing, however also for coming up with the name for this chapter.
9. Harry Does, but Lily Never Did by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] (6210 words)
10. Blank Spaces On His Family Tree by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] (6943 words)
11. Harry's Speech by watercrystals [Reviews - 20] (6529 words)
I have plenty more written, and therefore I decided to update early! Thanks, as always, to my wonderful beta Ash.
12. Changes by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] (6101 words)
13. Baking and Breaking by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] (6674 words)
14. Owl Post by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] (6978 words)
Harry turns 11, and a new stage in his life is about to begin...
15. Hogwarts Acceptance Letter by watercrystals [Reviews - 11] (6761 words)
16. August Fades, September Nears by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] (7457 words)
17. Ready or Not by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] (7215 words)
18. The Final Week by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] (6537 words)
19. King's Cross Station by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] (7108 words)
20. Travelling on the Hogwarts Express by watercrystals [Reviews - 17] (5221 words)
For obvious reasons, this is the first chapter in the story so far in which Severus is not in, though mentioned.
21. Decisions of the Sorting Hat by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] (7059 words)
Sorry for the wait! The sorting song in this chapter is written entirely by me and is plot-relevant. I loved hearing the guesses my readers had at where some of Harry's classmates (the ones he met on the platform/train) will be sorted, and new ones will be introduced in this chapter as well. His Hogwarts journey has officially begun!
22. Timetables and Dorm-mates by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] (7477 words)
23. Detentions, Broomsticks, and Ghosts by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] (7661 words)
Severus and Erin won't be in this chapter, but will return to the story in chapter 24. This chapter has not been finely beta'ed, my apologies.
24. Memories by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] (8395 words)
Some extensive italics in this chapter, but necessary for the memories shown. Therefore, this chapter contains quite a bit of recollections involving the past.
25. Wandering the Castle at Night by watercrystals [Reviews - 11] (8443 words)
To be continued...
is the author of 24 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 182 members. Members who liked The Forgotten Child
also liked 1518 other stories