Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Red Hair Menaces

A day after Christmas, Minerva McGonagall was not happy. There were two—two red-haired menaces in the castle. And for once, she wasn't talking about any of the Weasleys. Oh, no, Elmo … he was worse, so much worse than any of the Weasleys ever were, including the twins.

At first, she thought it was rather cute. However, then the horrid thing opened its mouth. Now, she wanted to kill it. She tried to transfigure him, but something deflected her spell. She then tried a blasting curse to Elmo's chest. The revolting thing had the gall to ask her if she wanted a hug as a result after it absorbed the energy. She tried throwing it off the Astronomy Tower. Elmo flew back up and said that tickled. No matter what she tried, Elmo would not die.

Now—now there were TWO of the wretched things. Arthur Weasley had brought his to the castle for a play date with Dumbledore's Elmo. As if it knew her hatred for him, Arthur's Elmo glanced at her and smiled saying, "Someone needs a hug." She rather thought someone, namely the wretched red-haired menaces, needed an Avada Kedavra. Of course, dear sweet Old Scrooge himself was in a rather gleeful mood as he leaned against the wall smirking dangerously.

"Problem, Minerva?" Snape drawled.

She glared, itching to hex him. It was his fault. It had to be. He was getting her back for Harry or something. Instead of exacting her revenge by magic right then, she slowly smiled and decided to take the Slytherin approach. She'd make him regret ever messing with her.

"No, no problems here, Severus. Though, have you spoken to anyone about that problem you were having in the bedroom the other day?" She then ran like hell before her younger colleague killed her.

~Litterbox Xmas~

Meanwhile, at the Burrow singing along to some wizard band, Molly bustled around the old drafty house, scrubbing the grime off the floor. When quite suddenly there was a knock on the door. Though, everything sounded like hammering thanks to the twins latest failed experiment. Sighing, she wiped her hands onto her apron and pushed herself off the floor. Whatever mess they had gotten on the floor this time was apparently immune to magic. While somewhat shocked that someone would come around unannounced, Mrs. Weasley still made her way to the door albeit cautiously. With her wand in hand, she opened it. A smile firmly planted on her face that fell the second she saw her 'guests,' three young blonds and a dark haired man.

"Excuse me," said one of the blonds. "Is Mr. Arthur Weasley available?"

"No," Molly answered, still holding her wand. "He's at work." She watched the men very carefully. After all, one never knew who people really were these days with Death Eaters escaping from Azkaban. "I'm his wife, however. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes, we have business to attend to in the matter of a copyright infringement. When do you expect him to be home?" a blonde teen who looked to be the age of Ron replied.

Molly looked at them a bit confused as to what they were talking about. It didn't even sound normal to her. Infringement? Copyright? Was this another of Arthur's Muggle things that he brought home from work?

"Ma'am, we're from—" another blond teen, slightly older looking from the first speaker started to explain after noticing the confused look. However, Arthur walking into the room immediately caused a hush among the visitors.

"Molly," Arthur said. The suspicion clearly was evident in his voice though his smile never faltered. He slowly approached his wife, kissing her on the cheek as was common practice before turning back to the strange guests on his front stoop. "May I ask what's going on, gentlemen?" he asked cordially.

"Arthur," Molly began, "these men are here about some kind of right fringe thing. What are they talking about?" Her eyes then narrowed. "If this is about that enchanted motor boat you have in the garage, Arthur Weasley," she said sternly, poking a finger into his chest.

"Um, gentlemen, I'm afraid I don't understand either," he said, turning his attention from his wife to the men in suits.

The dark haired man who hadn't spoken yet looked at them and calmly explained, "Ma'am, sir, yesterday Mr. Weasley illegally copied a CD to settle a dispute between a group of young girls. That is considered highly inappropriate and illegal seeing as how he did not have the proper permission to copy the CD, even if his intentions were honorable and were only to stop a fight amongst a group of preadolescent girls."

Molly eyed them suspiciously. "And your point to this is what precisely?"

"As I am sure you are aware, it is against the law. Therefore, we must press charges and sue you for the copyright infringement. What you did, Mr. Weasley, while noble, is an act of thievery basically. You stole from the original artist Hanson," here he gestured to the blond trio, "and gave it to the public for free, ensuring that Hanson would not receive any money for their hard work. We cannot allow this, Mr. Weasley. Otherwise, who will buy things anymore?"

Molly and Arthur glanced at each other. What did this mean? And what did Sue have to do with all this? They then turned back towards the newcomers.

"As such, you will have to pay the necessary restitution in order to clear this all up."

Molly could hear behind her George speaking to Ron about Harry working at that horrendous Muggle shopping center. It was horrifying even to think that her Ronnie could be forced to work there because of Arthur and his harebrained ideas.

"I swear that thing on his hip was 'Potter this, and Potter that!' It's a wonder that Harry got anything done!" George loudly said as he walked with Ron towards the door.

The quartet then glanced at one another before gasping at the sound of Harry Potter's name. The youngest blond, a mere lad of eleven, at the door smiled. "You know Harry Potter? What's he like? Is he really as short as me? Forget restitution—" he was cut off by the middle brother, who had roughly elbowed him.

"What Zac means is that all charges are dropped, just don't do it again. By the way, we never did introduce ourselves properly, I'm Taylor, he's Zac, and my older brother is Isaac," Taylor finished, pointing to each brother in turn.

Taylor was interrupted from saying anymore with the sound of a thousand hippogriffs trampling down the stairs. "MUM! MUM! Is that, oh it can't be, but it is, how, why? Oh heck with it—it's HANSON! Hanson's at my door! Hanson's at my door? Well, what are you waiting for? Let the poor blokes in!" a red faced tornado, otherwise known as Ginny exclaimed, pushing past her parents and brothers to open the door wider. "Come in! Come in! Don't be shy! My name is … my name is … my name is …"

"Her name is Ginny, and I'm Fred, that's George, Ron and our parents, Molly and Arthur." Fred rolled his eyes at his younger sister. "Ginny here is obsessed with you, especially Zac. She kisses your picture every night before she goes to bed!"

"Fred, how do you know that? I mean, that's not true. I do not!" If any more possible, Ginny's face shaded a riper tomato color.

A clearing of the throat was what it took for Ginny to calm down-a notch. "Sirs, I understand now that what I did was wrong, but how did you even find us?" Arthur looked at each visitor in question.

"Your house is only invisible to Muggles and dark wizards, we are neither—" Isaac began.

"We are light wizards, even our hair is light!" Zac piped in with little boy excitement.

Shaking his head at his little brother, Taylor picked up, "We have charms on our Muggle CDs, and it tells us if wizards look at our discs. You see, it sort of leaves a trace of kind."

"Mum, I'll be right back!" Ginny smiled at the guests and rushed out of the room. A few minutes later she returned, a smile stretched across her face.

"My school, Hogwarts, is going to have an Easter Ball. Would you be our guests? I've just asked our Headmaster by Floo, and he thought that it was a splendid idea!"

"Well, we're not touring around then. I suppose we can swing another trip to the UK then," Taylor decided, glancing at his brothers.

"Yeah, I'm sure Mom and Dad won't mind. We can just take the International Floor Network again!" Zac announced, looking somewhat shy at Ginny.

"Oh my gosh, a Hanson, not just any Hanson but Zac Hanson just looked at me." Ginny dropped to the floor in a faint. Molly rushed to her daughter but before she could do so much as raise her wand, Zac rushed over.

"I aced the Rennervate charmafter I hit Taylor with a drumstick a few months ago." With a swish of his wand and the required word, Ginny awoke in Zac's arms, where she promptly fainted again.

Shaking her head, Molly awoke her daughter, smiled at her famous guests, and then glared at her husband fiercely. "Never again, Arthur, never again are you to step foot in another Wal-Mart. Is that understood? No offense dears—"she gestured to the Hanson trio and lawyer respectively.

"But, Molly dear, they have rubber ducks and in all different sizes and colors too."

"And just what would you do with that many rubber ducks? Make a flotilla of them for anti-Death Eater weaponry?"

"Er … study them?" He then chuckled softly at the glare directed his way. "You know to see what the appeal is to Muggle children." Smiling a bit more, he added, "But it wouldn't hurt to see what would happen if we threw one at You-Know-Who once."

"Oh, Arthur Weasley," Molly growled, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. "Just what am I going to do with you?" She then sighed and kissed him on the cheek. Overall, it was just another average day at the Burrow. Only this time, Arthur had met his rubber ducks. She'd hear about this story for quite some time. She was sure of it. Then again, she thanked Merlin above that there was always the handy Silencing Charm.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Have a wonderful, happy, and safe Holidays from the Litterbox! :D