Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 174] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Cauldron’s bubbled. Potions simmered. And Snape was yelling at Neville again. Just another ordinary day in Potions class, or so they all thought. When a potion reveals something out of the ordinary, Harry’s life is changed forever, and not in a positive way. Was it so unreasonable to ask that he be allowed to make it through sixth year like a normal teenager?

Awards:
Story Notes:

A/N: Some of these chapters are short in order to move the story along, and may make the story feel jumpy.  This is not meant to be a long story.  Story focuses on Harry’s feelings.  Also, Voldemort is not a threat in this story.  He is dead and gone, and there is no further prophecy concerning Harry defeating him again.

 

To set the mood for this story, listen to the song Vindicated on youtube.

Table of Contents

1. Paternis Sentimentis by JAWorley [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1407 words) Printer

“Not chaos-like together crushed and bruised, but as the world, harmoniously confused, where order in variety we see, and where, though all things differ, all agree."
-Alexander Pope 1688-1744

2. Common Place by JAWorley [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1471 words) Printer

"Sometimes a neighbor whom we have disliked a lifetime for his arrogance and conceit lets fall a single commonplace remark that shows us another side, another man, really; a man uncertain, and puzzled, and in the dark like ourselves."
-Willa Cather

3. Isolated by JAWorley [Reviews - 25] starstarstarstarstar (2696 words) Printer

"If isolation tempers the strong, it is the stumbling-block of the uncertain."
-Paul Cezanne

4. Grasping at Straws by JAWorley [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1588 words) Printer

"And I, with my broken down thought-trains
and quicksand dreams, am left to roam the interim waiting for you to throw me a rope(or a smile, or anything at all)."
-Dayani from this site: http://www.poemofquotes.com/members/sad-poetry/grasping_at_straws

5. Inside Out by JAWorley [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (2088 words) Printer

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep."
-Robert Frost

6. Immune by JAWorley [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar (1504 words) Printer

“One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.”
-Mother Teresa

7. Depressed by JAWorley [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2816 words) Printer

"Depression is nourished by a lifetime of ungrieved and unforgiven hurts."
-Penelope Sweet

A/N: Ok, so to clear up some confusion that has been coming through in the reviews: When Lucius let Harry walk around with them, Harry asked why he was doing it, and Lucius told him that he was basically repaying the favor Severus shows Draco. Snape and the Malfoy’s are close (especially if the Malfoys made Severus Draco’s godfather). It would only make sense that once they knew Harry was Snape’s son that they would feel some connection and duty to him as well. This is why Lucius tells Harry that he is taking care of him when Snape is unwilling, in the same way that Snape took care of Draco in times past when Lucius was unable. I put that in the story to avoid confusion, but perhaps it should have played a bigger part. This is all possible by the way, because Voldemort is dead and gone forever, and all death eater activities have ceased… in other words, Lucius has moved on. In any case, we see some more of the Malfoys later and learn more about them later.

8. Old Wounds by JAWorley [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2345 words) Printer

"For how can a wound heal if we do not let it? To keep picking at it and tearing it open is to let it fester inside yourself and cause unrest. To let it heal one must dress it and tend it and take care of oneself."
-JAWorley

9. Draco by JAWorley [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2131 words) Printer

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
-Tennessee Williams

10. Crash by JAWorley [Reviews - 17] starstarstarstarstar (1920 words) Printer

“When a wave crashes on the rocks, it breaks… and eventually so does the rock wear down to but a pebble after so much unkindness from a harsh environment. Occasionally, they crumble together.”
-JAWorley

11. Changeling by JAWorley [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (1466 words) Printer

"The future always looks bright with someone by your side."
-JAWorley

12. The Reason Why We're Here by JAWorley [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (1166 words) Printer

"You must stick to your conviction, but be ready to abandon your assumptions."
-Denis Waitley

13. The Refuge We Have Come To Fear The Most by JAWorley [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (2625 words) Printer

"The grave that you refuse to leave, the refuge that you've built to flee, the places that you've come to fear the most, is the place that you have come to fear the most."
-Dashboard Confessional 'The Places you have come to fear the most'

14. Opportune Moment by JAWorley [Reviews - 18] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4930 words) Printer

“Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.”
-Anon

For your imaginative pleasure while reading this story, please refer to the pictures on the blog made especially for this story:



I will be posting most of the pics on this site from now on, and will link to it in the authors note when new pics are added for new chapters. (P.S. Some of the pics I have made of Draco/Harry as Durmstrang students will blow your mind, lol.

15. Durmstrang Institute for the Magically Gifted by JAWorley [Reviews - 33] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4514 words) Printer

Ok, so I was waiting for my other two betas to read it and get back to me, but they never did, so here it is anyway. Yes, it is self-indulgent (to that reviewer who said that and never said how), but as I am reminded by others here on P and S, all fan fiction is, so enjoy my self indulgent little story.

Also, again, please bare in mind that I have never been to Norway, so I don't know what it's like there. All I can do is research online (which I have) and try to incorporate customs I read about. Also know that students at Durmstrang are from many other countries aside from Norway, so there will be a mixing of cultures.

That being said, read on. (Also keep in mind these are two teenage boys we are reading about here, and they can be immature, as you'll see).

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

To be continued...
JAWorley is the author of 61 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 157 members. Members who liked A Life Unsettled also liked 1778 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5