Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: When Hogwarts plays host to students from Ms Cackle’s Academy, an exclusive, fee-paying private school, the worst nightmares of Gryffindor House are realised; kindly but stern Minerva McGonagall’s replacement is the draconian Miss Hardbroom, a woman who could be Snape’s twin sister! However, against his students' expectations, the Head of Slytherin is not best pleased… Entrant in the 2011 Fic Exchange. Written for Bil.

Takes Place: 2nd summer Chapters: 1
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Genres: Humor
Tags: Crossover Word count: 2842
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Ron Read: 7971
Rated: T
Warnings: Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 24 Feb 2011 - Updated: 24 Feb 2011
Awards:
Story Notes:

Prompts: a potion, a shadow, bare feet

Crossover: The Worst Witch

Firstly, to fit this plot into the 'Harry Potter' series, I have had to make a couple of alterations. Firstly, I have assumed that ‘Ms Cackle’s Academy’ is a primary school, enrolling students between the ages of eight and ten.

Secondly, this story is set in the first term of Harry’s second year; the only period when such an ‘Exchange’ program could feasibly take place. As Severus Snape is teaching Defence for the first term, Lockheart’s ‘Announcement’ (and the altercation between Lucius and Arthur which follows) does not take place. Since the diary remains at Malfoy Manor pro tem, Dobby has no reason to take further steps to prevent Harry from returning to Hogwarts for the autumn term. Thus Harry and Ron make it through the barrier and onto platform 9 3/4 on time to catch the Hogwarts Express.

On a final note, I have based Ms Cackle’s Academy on the information provided in Jill Murphy’s ‘The Worst Witch’ and ‘The Worst Witch Strikes Again’, both of which were beloved books from my childhood. Therefore, readers are asked to forgive any inconsistencies between “The Worst Exchange” and ‘The Worst Witch’ television series (which I did not watch).
Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1: Snape's Shadow by Morgana [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2842 words) Printer

To be continued...
Morgana is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 11 members. Members who liked The Worst Exchange also liked 797 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5