Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 47] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: AU of Deathly Hallows. Severus Snape didn't die in the Shrieking Shack, and is on trial as a Death Eater. With Albus Dumbledore dead, it falls to Harry Potter to aid in proving his innocence. Of course, things are never that simple, and there's another small problem that Harry has to take care of.

Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry) Chapters: 6
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic Word count: 5924
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 17062
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity, Rape, Torture, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 04 Apr 2011 - Updated: 20 Apr 2011
Awards:
Story Notes:

 

A few people besides Snape who died in Deathly Hallows may pop up here and there as being alive, so this should definitely be considered AU.

While there are warnings for Abusive Dursleys, Violence, Torture, Rape, Neglect and Profanity; they will not occur in a very graphic sense. That said, the story will incorporate the trails of Death Eaters, so various crimes may be alluded to and described, or possibly shown in a flashback sequence, and the same applies to mentions of Neglect or Abusive Dursleys.

Table of Contents

1. Prologue by Lasseg [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstar (466 words) Printer

The Prologue is shorter than most chapters will be; this is mostly just to set the stage. Don't panic!

2. Chapter 1 by Lasseg [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1024 words) Printer

This is far as I've written so far. After this, I'm pretty much as in the dark as you are, guys. Wheee!

3. Chapter 2 by Lasseg [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstar (1561 words) Printer

Thanks to Jan for fixing the coding for the letter!

Also, while Snape hasn't made an actual appearance yet, he should show up in the next chapter.

Things in italics are thoughts.

4. Chapter 3 by Lasseg [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1180 words) Printer

Hopefully, I've kept everyone in character. I can't see Harry and Snape being incredibly friendly to each other as yet, regardless of the circumstances, so their mutual dislike should still be apparent, though Harry has obviously gotten better at not flying off the handle.

5. Chapter 4 by Lasseg [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (811 words) Printer

As some of you have been wondering what happened to others in the HP world, here is the first chapter where some of them show up.

Of course, Harry isn't living in a bubble, even if he is a teensy bit reclusive.

6. Chapter 5 by Lasseg [Reviews - 20] starstarstarstarhalf-star (882 words) Printer

Here is the promised plot twist. Mwuahahaha!

To be continued...
Lasseg is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 40 members. Members who liked Cradle and All also liked 1486 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5