Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 25] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: It's known that the smallest choice can shape a person's destiny, but what about a thought? Harry Potter thought it was hard enough being The-Boy-Who-Lived. But, being The-Boy-Who-Lived-Just-To-Get-Sorted-Into-Slytherin is a different game entirely.

Takes Place: 1st Year Chapters: 5
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry Word count: 16453
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Other, Ron Read: 19097
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 08 May 2011 - Updated: 18 May 2011
Awards:
Story Notes:

After growing weary of reading story after story in which Harry made instant friends with Malfoy, vicious enemies with Ron, and loved by Snape, I decided to write my own Slytherin!Harry fic. I worked very hard to keep everyone in character, so give the story a chance before you disregard it as a another Slythering!Harry gone wrong.

 

Everything is exactly the same as in the book up until when Harry gets the Sorting Hat placed upon his head. From there, the events of canon begin to veer more and more from the storyline. However, for the purposes of the story, Harry's Aunt and Uncle are slightly more abusive than in the real book. 

Table of Contents

1. A Change in Thought by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3382 words) Printer

Pairing(s): Canon, hints of Harry/Daphne

Summary: Harry Potter is sorted into Slytherin, much to the shock and surprise of the surrounding students.

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns Harry Potter; however, I own all my original ideas and characters. Whatever you recognize, isn't mine - I did have the book help me slightly on this chapter. I also had assistance from White Rabbit Asylum from Fanfiction.net for this, and the next chapter. Bless her heart.

2. The Potions Master by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3866 words) Printer

Harry's fateful first week at Hogwarts. It's very similar to the book and you'll notice a few things that are borrowed for the sake of explanation. It changes up though, not to fret.
WRA - White Rabbit Asylum - from Fanfiction.net assisted me with this chapter as well.

3. Loyalties Lie by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2526 words) Printer

The first scene is adapted from Snape's memory in the Deathly Hallows.
Harry goes down to Hagrid's cabin, converses with Ron, and is confronted by Malfoy.

4. Flying High by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstar (3677 words) Printer

Whatever you recognize, was borrowed from the original book.

He had chosen, of his own accord, to be a Slytherin and the thought, so odd, so peculiar and even a tad bit horrifying, he had found some peace within it. He belonged somewhere.

5. Pulling Strings by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3002 words) Printer

Alright, this chapter came from pure writing inspiration - meaning that there aren't any scenes from the book (and hopefully it will continue to be so).

Flint has heard the rumors concerning Harry's flying ability.

To be continued...
Slythering Potter is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 49 members. Members who liked A Different Choice also liked 1301 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5