1. Thistles and Dandelions...Beware! by missyanne [Reviews - 9] (1041 words)
The first four or five chapters are relatively the same, then things get shaken up a bit.
2. A Strange Sort of Gift by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (2459 words)
A package arrives for Harry's birthday...from Lily.
3. Come Again, Headmaster? by missyanne [Reviews - 9] (2670 words)
Albus gives Severus an unwelcome assignment.
4. Come Again Headmaster-Part Two by missyanne [Reviews - 8] (3347 words)
How will Sirius take the news?
5. Be Careful What You Wish For by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (5344 words)
Umm...Exactly what the chapter title says.
6. An Unwelcome Change in Perspective by missyanne [Reviews - 6] (4035 words)
Harry gets Sirius' side of what happened between his mother and Snape, and doesn't like what he hears.
7. As Fate Would Have It by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (4598 words)
Harry and Severus finally meet.
8. Lily's Mistake by missyanne [Reviews - 7] (5629 words)
Finally, we see what is in the phial.
9. Regrets by missyanne [Reviews - 6] (5489 words)
10. Steps in the Right Direction by missyanne [Reviews - 4] (4685 words)
11. By Any Other Name by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (5713 words)
12. Occlumency by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (6116 words)
13. Out of the Ęther by missyanne [Reviews - 6] (5379 words)
This first scene was almost two years in the making. At the time I wrote the original, I did not have the writing experience to create an Occlumency scene, so I brushed over it rather than butcher it. I hope I got it right. 'Single italicised quotations' indicate dialogue between Harry and Severus within the realm of Harry's mind. I hope you enjoy. Oh...warning: One usage of the 'F' word here.
14. Back to Grimmauld Place by missyanne [Reviews - 8] (4319 words)
15. His Best Mates by missyanne [Reviews - 6] (5512 words)
16. A Bad Time to be a Death Eater by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (5031 words)
F-Bomb Warning! (as well as some other colourful language)
17. On the Tip of the Tongue by missyanne [Reviews - 9] (5370 words)
18. Some Good News and Some Bad Vibes by missyanne [Reviews - 4] (5998 words)
19. Diagon Alley by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (6483 words)
On occasion, I will refer to Severus as 'Remus' when he is in his Polyjucied form in order to help with visualisation
20. The Cottage by missyanne [Reviews - 9] (7673 words)
21. Prince Manor by missyanne [Reviews - 10] (5615 words)
22. Real Problems by missyanne [Reviews - 8] (4729 words)
A/N: Reader Advisory— This chapter refers to the death of a teenaged child (Yes…I'm old enough to think of teenagers as children). Though the details are not overly graphic, some readers may find them disturbing.
23. He Will Have Powers the Dark Lord Knows Not (Part One) by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (5454 words)
24. He Will Have Powers the Dark Lord Knows Not (Part Two) by missyanne [Reviews - 7] (4576 words)
25. He Should Have Been a Slytherin by missyanne [Reviews - 9] (5121 words)
Much love and thanks once again to my beta, badgerlady. I'm sure she's seen her share of misplaced commas and apostrophes.
26. The Hogwarts Express by missyanne [Reviews - 7] (5067 words)
27. First Night by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (6666 words)
28. Too Late by missyanne [Reviews - 15] (3717 words)
A special thanks to my beta, badgerlady, who betaed this in record time.
29. A Deadly Game by missyanne [Reviews - 10] (3985 words)
30. Outwitted by the Witless by missyanne [Reviews - 8] (4700 words)
31. The Vigil by missyanne [Reviews - 12] (5177 words)
32. The Madness of Remus Lupin by missyanne [Reviews - 5] (3846 words)
I am so sorry. Not only did I go back to work full time, my health as taken a downturn. What little free time I have, I have very little energy to write. But this story, and all of my stories for that matter, mean a lot to me and I am determined to finish them. I get some test results back soon and it is already looking like I will be taking medical leave for surgery. I hope to play catch up when I recover enough. Hopefully, after everything is done, I will have the energy to write on a more regular basis. I really want to finish this up by Christmas.
I also want to thank all of you for your continued support. I'm sorry to have left you hanging for over a year and I beg your forgiveness.
This chapter has been done for over as week, but I haven't heard back from my beta, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there aren't too many mistakes. That being said, let us continue.
33. Sirius Talk by missyanne [Reviews - 4] (4539 words)
34. The Hammer Falls by missyanne [Reviews - 7] (4423 words)
35. Of Fathers and Sons by missyanne [Reviews - 11] (3057 words)
36. Goodbye to Prince Manor by missyanne [Reviews - 2] (6820 words)
OMG! I am back! I can't offer up enough apologies. I can only say that my muse went off and hid somewhere. After much world searching and spelunking, I found it in a previously unknown cave somewhere in the Yangtze Valley. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be back. To those of you who have patiently or impatiently waited for an update, Thank you. I actually have the next four chapters outlined and I am eager to write them. I have even cleared the path for an ending. Thank you, once again for your support. You are all too kind. Author's Note: The Italicized section is Harry's flashback.
37. Back to School, Again by missyanne [Reviews - 2] (5127 words)
To be continued...
is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 143 members. Members who liked Along Came a Family
also liked 1544 other stories