Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, then things would be a whole lot different. Thank my Beta, Alethea27 for all her hard work. There will be no Harry in this chapter. There is a lot of talking and details from the book and movie surrounding the prophecy that I added and put my own twist on along with the facts surrounding Voldemort’s Horcruxes which are from the book since the movie did not go into detail about them as the books do. I’ve also introduced four new characters of my own creation in this chapter. Another personal invention of mine is a spell to burn the Dark Mark onto a person’s skin. The events of this chapter take place on Friday.
Chapter 8 Fateful Meetings
-----Friday Afternoon-----

Albus sat behind his desk with a disapproving look on his lined face. Before him sat his Pensieve and an empty phial which had stored a memory. The liquid's shimmering surface reflected off the aged wizard's face, revealing every line and wrinkle. Letting out a sad sigh, Albus closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair to think. Seeing his master in such a state troubled Fawkes. The second his master withdrew his face from the silvery liquid, there was a depressing look on the aged face.  When he had returned that afternoon, there had been a look of great pleasure and hope but now it was as if all that hope had been drained, leaving only a hollow shell behind. After almost thirty minutes of silence, the phoenix saw that his master had not opened his eyes or made any sound. Concerned, Fawkes let out a soft and warm coo. A warm sensation ran through the older wizard's body, refreshing him.

"Thank you Fawkes," Albus replied as he opened his eyes and regarded his familiar. The phoenix had just entered the first stages of the burning phase. Already, the first of his brilliant scarlet feathers started to molt but to the Headmaster, the bird was still a creature to behold. "It would appear Fawkes that Horace has decided to provide me with his personal recollection of events rather than the truth. What he told young Mr. Riddle must truly weigh heavily on his mind." With the phial in his left hand, Albus cast his right hand over the shimmering liquid surface of the Pensieve and extracted Slughorn's false memory, placing it back into the small phial. He then walked to the glass cabinet where he stored all the memories he had gathered about Tom Riddle and added it to the others.

Albus had gone once again to seen Horace and after much talk; he was able to persuade his former Potions Master to provide him with the memory of the conversation between himself and the young Tom Riddle about Horcruxes. All those years ago when Horace had gone to then Deputy Headmaster Dumbledore concerning young Riddle's questions about splitting the soul, yet leaving out the possibility of splitting it into seven fragments, Albus had become deeply alarmed. He informed the Head of Slytherin that he would handle the matter and saw to it the library's copy of Secrets of the Darkest Arts was removed from the shelves. But then the affair of the reopening of the Chamber of Secrets three years ago and the account given by Harry about the diary and the young Voldemort that materialized from within its pages, brought that former conversation back to the front of his mind.

After much serious thinking, Albus was certain that the boy, who would become the darkest wizard of all time, had indeed succeeded in creating a Horcrux and not just one, judging by his treatment of the diary. However answering that question brought forth another. Had Riddle succeeded in splitting his soul more than twice? Remembering Horace's accounts of Riddle's inquiries, the Headmaster knew the man had held back vital information. He resolved to retrieve Horace's full memory to figure the question out.

"I'll have to somehow get Horace to provide me with the true memory," Albus said as he closed the cabinet door. "He'll expect me to come back after I have witnessed his altered recollection. But perhaps for the time being, I'll let this sleeping dragon lay for the moment. There are other matters to attend too."

He returned to his desk and for the next several hours, the man who was considered to be the greatest wizard in the world researched, read, and wrote on a number of different subjects. The only sounds were of pages being turned, papers being shuffled, the scratching of a quill tip across parchment, and the opening of his lemon drop tin. Drawers and cabinets were opened, rummaged through and closed. Four different stacks of books soon sat on the desk while numerous smaller piles sat on the ground. The little silver instruments whizzed and puffed gaining the attention of the elder wizard every so often. School matters were decided along with important Order matters. Letters were read and answered along with other correspondence. Albus only paused when tea was served by his personal house elf DeeDee. Once he had finished his last cup of tea and ate the last blueberry scone with raspberry jam, Albus went right back to work.

His attention was focused on his work and Albus did not notice the hours go by. It was when he happened to look-up from the book he was researching that he noticed that the small clock he had read seven p.m. The Order meeting was starting at nine that evening. Since he wanted to freshen-up a bit and have something to eat before he had to leave, the powerful wizard left everything where it was for now. With his silvery purples robes trailing behind him, the Headmaster swept up the small staircase the led from the office to upper level of the turret where his chambers were. Tonight there were important matters to be discussed and he wished to begin on time.

----------

Wizards and witches apparated next to each other in billowing clouds of black smoke. Severus stood among them, his shields firmly in place. The Order meeting was ten minutes away from starting when he felt his Dark Mark flare. After transfiguring into his Death Eater apparel, the Potions Master responded to the summons and apparated. As the smoke cleared, he saw that he was standing in the Little Hangleton cemetery. Riddle Manor was visible on the hill that overlooked the cemetery. They all were in-front of the Riddle Family grave with the Dark Lord before it. A small smile adored his snake-like face as they kneeled before him. Nagini was absent as was Wormtail.

"Welcome my friends, my loyal Death Eaters," Lord Voldemort addresses the assembled cloaked and masked individuals, motioning for them to rise. "We have much to talk about this evening," the Dark Lord began. "I expect to hear of the progress each you have made on the tasks I assigned you." From the subtle yet emphatic tone, Voldemort made sure it was understood that he expected progress. "But later. As you may have already noticed, we are short several of our numbers." Severus saw three empty spaces. "This is my doing. Oh, they aren't dead," Voldemort assured them. "They are making traveling to meet with the giants and convince them to commit themselves to our ranks. Their departure is a shame for they will not be able to enjoy the treat I have planned for this evening."

The Dark Lord himself spoke with such smugness and over confidence. It sickened the Potions Master. Severus suppressed a shudder as he pondered on the type of treat. ‘He can't possibly mean going out and attacking Muggles?' Severus thought behind the safety of his occluded mind. ‘Unless he somehow come across one and took them prisoner so we can...' His mind trailed off. Severus knew all too well what the Death Eaters were capable of doing to a captured Muggle. He could imagine a number of the Death Eaters were smiling at the possibility of a either Muggle raid or private torture session behind their metal masks.

"Oh no, not that sort of activity," Voldemort replied in a sickly amused tone, sensing what several of his followers were thinking. "But we'll get to that later. For now, those of you with information, come forward and report."

One by one, they came forward and gave an appraisal of their developments. Voldemort listened to all without comment. Some had been task of persuading, by whatever means they saw fit, particular individual with certain skills to join the Death Eaters. Others, like Thaddeus Nott, had been given the task of finding information on a variety of magical subjects. Macnair reported that he was close to recruiting the Dementors and that he had learned of the whereabouts of Fenrir Greyback, but he had not been able to learn who had sent the two Dementors after Harry Potter. Lucius also had not made much way in his task of learning who in the Fudge's offices had ordered the attack. He was still staying close to the Minister and subtly manipulating the man when possible. Lucius had learned that Fudge was going to use his power to bring Hogwarts under the control of the Ministry in the coming school year, but had not gone into explicit details. This news shocked Severus and he made a mental note to inform Albus. Now it was his turn. Severus told how the Headmaster had allowed him move to his private residence for the summer, and how he was working on the potions for the hospital wing and those that the Dark Lord had requested during their private meeting. Severus then proceeded to divulge the information Albus had provide him with about the undertakings of the Order of the Phoenix. As he spoke, he felt the Dark Lord slip into his mind and as usual, his Occlumency shields held. As he felt Voldemort leave his mind, Severus made the false request.

"There is one more thing my Lord," he said in a smooth tone. "It is a task Dumbledore assigned to me which, despite him saying it would be a great asset to the Order, is truly a task to see if you trust me beyond any doubt."

Voldemort did not comment but gave the man a look that meant they would talk in private later. Then with a wave of his white spindly hands before Severus' face, the metal mask vanished. The scarlet eyes peered into the black ones for a moment before he signaled Severus to resume his place among the rest of the Death Eaters. Voldemort returned to his place before the Riddle grave and withdrew his wand from the inside of his black robes. Many of the Death Eaters' faces whitened as they saw that wand pointed at them. With a quick swipe of the yew wand, their masks vanished and their hoods lowered leaving their faces clearly visible. As the dark twisted wizard scanned their faces, Severus knew what was coming. He was going to tell them of his true plans.

"Fourteen years ago, one of my Death Eaters gave me the accounts of a prophecy. A prophecy, which supposedly depicted my downfall by a mere child. Acting upon this information, I set out to find this child and kill him. It took me almost a year but I soon learned where the child was being hidden and on Halloween night, I went to end this threat. But as you all know, the boy's mother chose to sacrifice herself for her only son and as a result, invoked an old form magic which prevented me from touching the boy. My Killing Curse rebounded and struck me, ripping me from my body and leaving me nothing more than a spirit for more than a decade." Voldemort stopped and looked into the faces of the Death Eaters. Many, especially Lucius, looked apprehensive. The Dark Lord made sure they knew he was still disappointed that none of his loyal followers, who managed to avoid Azkaban, tried to find him. He savored their feelings of fear. "As you know, this child was Harry Potter," Voldemort began again, "but what you don't know, is that I was given only part of the prophecy. This loyal" he emphasized strongly, "Death Eater was discovered and removed before he could he could hear the entire prophecy. He still relayed this information to me and I still embarked on finding the Potters with only knowledge of the first part. That was a mistake on my part, but now I know better. Now I know that in-order to defeat Harry Potter I must know the prophecy in its entirety. Before we can make ourselves know to the Wizarding world, I must know the full accounts of that prophecy and that, is the task I give you. Find a way to retrieve the recorded prophecy that lies within the Department of Mysteries and bring it to me."

Not one of the Death Eaters made a sound or comment. From his place among them, Severus saw the stunned faces of several Death Eaters after hearing this bombshell. A number of faces were white in shock. Lucius' face in-particular seemed even paler at this news. A few looked enthusiastic about taking part in such a feat. Severus wondered if those of lower rank like Crene Goyle and Abbas Crabbe knew they would have no actual part in this undertaking. Once the magnitude of this news was absorbed by his Death Eaters, Voldemort spoke again.

"Not all of you will have an active part of this task, but if you are asked to assist by one who is, I expect you to not fail. For the rest of you, I shall peak privately with you soon. Once I've learned the prophecy's full account, I shall know how to finally kill Harry Potter. But know this; nothing must get in your way. "

Severus kept his face composed as the Dark Lord lifted his wand and pointed to the door of an underground crypt to his left. The door opened and out came Wormtail followed by five cloaked individuals. Once they had joined the gathering, Wormtail scurried to his master's side while the five stood on the fringe of the group. Despite wearing Death Eater robes none wore a mask which allowed Severus to recognize all five. Pius Thickness, Maximillian Firmus, Trosten Lynch, Urban Exerda and Bethany Ulrich.

‘This is not good,' Severus thought as he looked at the soon to be Death Eaters. Pius Thickness was Junior Head of the Department of Magical Enforcement under Madam Bones. Bethany Ulrich was a member of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad. Maximilian Firmus was an Auror. Urban Exerda, a handsome black wizard, was a former Slytherin who attended Hogwarts the same year as Bill Weasley. He was highly intelligent and both a skilled duelist and Healer at St. Mungo's. Trosten Lynch, on the other hand, was a highly dimwitted former Slytherin. He was a convicted Muggle attacker who had so far been able to avoid Azkaban. He was much like Crabbe and Goyle: stupid but brutal in a fight.

"Tonight, is special occasion," the dark wizard began. "This evening, these five individuals will be inducted to our numbers. They have already pledge themselves to me and our cause and now, they will receive the Dark Mark as a symbol of their complete and utter devotion. Once we finished, a small celebration awaits in the drawing room of the manor."

Severus knew he would not be attending. As soon as the branding was finished, he would leave to attend the Order meeting that had already started.

"Pius Thickness, come forward," Voldemort instructed and the long haired and bearded Ministry official did as he was told. "Hold out your left arm."

Once Pius had done so and pulled back his sleeve, he exposed his left forearm, Voldemort took hold with his left hand with a vice-like grip. He placed his wand's tip to the skin and uttered, "Cuti Andeta Morsmordre!"

Pius let out a screech through clenched teeth as his fleshed burned, the smelling filing the air. To Severus' amazement, Pius did not fall to the ground as new Death Eaters were prone to do. Severus recalled the pain the branding brought with it. He himself had merely fallen to his knees when he received the Dark Mark. After what had seemed like ages, the wand tip was removed and his arm released.

"You now wear my Mark, Pius," the Dark Lord stated as Pius fought to regain his balance. "Wear it with pride. With this pledge to me, you will help restore the purity back to our world. And with your undying devotion to me, you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams."

"Thank...thank you, my Lord," Pius replied with a low bow. He then back to the group.

"Bethany Ulrich," the dark wizard called next.

Once all had been branded with the Dark Mark, Voldemort smiled at his newest adherents then turned to rest and said, "Now, let us welcome our new brethren. Wormtail," gesturing to the former Marauder, "will lead you to the manor."

As the Death Eaters made their way to the manor, Severus stayed behind. Lucius and a few others glanced at him but continued on to the manor when Voldemort waved his hand at them. Severus felt the scarlet eyes on him as he remained rooted to his spot. Once they were alone, the Dark Lord glided over to him. He had an inquisitive look in his snake-like eyes and spoke in tone that dripped of sickly false innocence.

"You don't wish to enjoy the festivities Severus?"

"I cannot my Lord. When you issued your summons, it was minutes before an Order meeting for this evening at nine which Dumbledore scheduled days earlier. Had I known you were planning on summoning us tonight, I would have still have answered your call rather than going to Dumbledore's side."

 "You don't fear such an action would raise the fool's suspicions?"

"No. Dumbledore is utterly convinced that he has me in his pocket. He knows that if I do not arrive on time for a meeting, it is due to being in your presence. He would rather I be at your side then next to him so I can learn of your intentions."

A cold chuckled escaped from the narrow lips. Voldemort placed his ash colored hand on the man's shoulder. Severus was given a look of high satisfaction, which sickened him deeply. To think he once craved this thing's, one of the words he felt properly described the Dark Lord, praise and respect appalled him.

"He is far too trusting. You made a correct decision my friend. Now Severus," Voldemort began as he locked onto the onyx eyes, "what is this task which Dumbledore feels is such a vital?"  

"Dumbledore has asked me to seek out the full account of the rebirth ritual potion you used to return to your body."

 "Does he now?" the Dark Lord asked amused by the news as he removed his hand. "And why does he feel he needs that information Severus?"

Again he felt the Dark Lord enter his mind and Severus allowed him to witness the discussion he had had with the Headmaster when he was given the false charge. "Dumbledore feels that if he knows what the potion you used consisted of, he will be able to brew a counter potion to it and use it against you in an attempt to harm you."

"He will brew?" Voldemort asked as he withdrew. "He would not trust you with such a task?"

"No. The Headmaster is extremely zealous about such matters when they center on you."

"Hmm." A long spindly white finger tapped the flat chin for a moment. Drifting away from the man he trusted to be his spy; Voldemort stopped before the grave of his Muggle father and grandparents and closed his eyes. He stood in deep thought for several minutes. Severus remained in his spot. He knew all too well to never disrupt the Dark Lord in such moments. The sound of low rustling reached his ears and out of the corner of his eye, Nagini slithered out from among the grass and gravestones and passed the Potion Master to her dark robed master.  Coiling herself at his feet, she lifted her head and let out a hiss. Voldemort opened his eyes and smiled at the green serpent. He then responded to her in parseltongue and stroked her head for a moment before turning his attention back to Severus. With a sudden flourish of his wand, Voldemort caused a roll of parchment to appear before him. Taking it in his pallid hand, Voldemort tapped his wand against the blank surface which filled with writing in a second. He then motioned for Severus to join him.

 "This should be sufficient for Dumbledore, Severus," Voldemort said as he held the parchment out to him. "But it's a fool's errand. The potion is bounded by three main ingredients and cannot be undone. Yet, we mustn't allow the old coot to feel that I have lost faith in you can we?"

"Of course not my Lord." Taking the parchment and placing it inside his robe, the believed loyal Death Eater bowed to his master. Another smile grew on the snake-like face.

"I shall be preoccupied for the next few days Severus so there won't be any meetings but I will find the time to send for you for one or two of our private conversations."

 "Thank you, my Lord. With your permission...,"

"Of course. Go my friend and play your part well."

With a final bow, Severus dissipated.

----------

The dining room of Grimmauld Place was crowded with the members of the Order of the Phoenix for the night's general meetings. The most recent member, Arthur's and Molly's eldest son Bill, sat between his parents. Most of the senior members were seated along the table with the exception of Moody who was leaning on his walking staff. Albus sat at his place at the head of the table with Minerva to his right and Kinsley to his left. Tonks sat between the Auror and Remus with Sirius next to him. Arthur and his wife and son sat beside Minerva. Other members filled the remainder of seats while several others chose to stand along the walls or in seats they had conjured.

Severus was not present, but the powerful older wizard was only slightly worried at this. He concluded that the most likely cause was that Severus had been summoned by Voldemort beforehand. There was the possibility that Severus might not make it to the meeting before it ended, but Albus was not worried. He would only be concerned only if man did not come to see him that night or sometime in the morning.

Albus started the meeting. He listened to what everyone had to say and offered his own comments when needed. Several members reported that they were putting out feelers and keeping an eye out for possible Death Eater activities. Others reported on the progress of their tasks that Albus had charged them with. Those in the Ministry reported on any peculiar things they had heard and seen. Elphias Doge gave the shocking news that Fudge had moved the place of Harry's meeting from Madam Bones' office to a courtroom before the full Wizengamot. This news shocked the room's occupants. Such a move was unheard of. Bill said that so far the goblins at Gringotts were going on with business as usual and none seemed to be acting out of character. Molly stated that everything was ready for Harry arrival tomorrow and the conversation turned to the Boy Who Lived. Arabella spoke next and said that since the night of the attack, she had not seen Harry at all. Remus was sure that the twinkle in the Dumbledore's blue eyes died at this news. The aged face also seemed to drop at this news.

"They haven't even asked me to watch Harry tomorrow night when they go this All-England Best-Kept Suburban Lawn Competition they told the entire neighborhood at the top of their lunges the other day."

"Harry's almost fifteen years old Arabella," Sirius replied lightheartedly. "I highly doubt he needs a babysitter."

"They've always had me watched Harry for such things Sirius," the Squib answered back. "In addition, the Dursleys have been acting strange since the attack. Petunia keeps her son by her side at all times and Vernon appears more disgruntled than ever. The last time they acted this way was four years ago when Harry's letters first started arriving."

"I'm sure the Dursleys' have their reasons for not allowing Harry outside Arabella," the Headmaster said, trying to ease the elder squib's worries, but in the back of his mind, he could not help but recall the concerns of his Potion Master. But for the moment, he put these thoughts aside. "Now then, Remus," Albus asked to the man seated two places down from him, "who have you selected to join you tomorrow when you retrieve Harry?"

Sirius now had a sullen look on his face. He had volunteered but had been told he could not go along to fetch Harry.

"Yes, Albus," the wizard answered. "In all, there will be six of us. Myself, Alastor, Tonks, Kinsley, Emmeline, and Elphias." The acknowledged witches and wizards nodded as their name were called.

"Excellent Remus," Dumbledore said with a small smile. His face changed and the periwinkle eyes seemed to retrieve their twinkle. He then turned to the Metamorphmagus whose hair was now half orange half blue. "Nymphadora, you're positive the Dursley's will be out of the house before you arrive?"

"Yep," Tonks answered. "In the letter I sent I told them the award presentation began at seven-fifteen on the dot and that in-order to be there in plenty of time, they should leave by six-thirty."

 "I'm keeping an eye out and letting Remus know when the Dursley's leave," Arabella said. The Headmaster nodded in agreement.

"We should get there by six-forty-five and be gone by seven," Remus added.

"I still say that I should be allowed to go, Albus," Sirius forcefully interjected. "I'm his Godfather and I should go along to help provide protection."

Albus hated putting the young man in this position. He sighed before he addressed him. "Sirius," Dumbledore began in a soft tone, "I've told you, it's not practical or safe for you to go tomorrow. It's safer for you to be here. Besides, think of the joy on Harry's face when you greet him."

The animagus reluctantly nodded in agreement. Before anyone could say another word, the dining room door opened and a drawn looking Severus Snape.

"Severus," Dumbledore said as he conjured a chair for the young man. "I'm glad you made it."

"What happened, Snivellus? Lose your way? Did the broom keep bucking you off?" Sirius mocked as the man sat down.

"No Black. I was just admiring how beautiful and free the outside can be," Severus replied scathingly.

Sirius shot him a contemptuous look, but the Headmaster jumped in to put an end to the fighting before it began.

"Gentleman," Albus said in a soft, but firm tone. "I assume you were at a Death Eater meeting tonight, Severus?" A silent nod was his reply. "In that case, what news do you have?"

"It's not good, Headmaster. Tonight, the Dark Lord branded five new members. Pius Thickness, Maximilian Firmus and Bethany Ulrich were among them."

Several members gasped at this news. Those who worked in the Ministry looked most shaken. Albus' face grew grave at this news.

"And who were the other two?"

"Trosten Lynch and Urban Exerda. Even more disturbing is the fact that none of them were under the Imperious Curse Albus. They entered of their own free will."

Several minutes of silence followed so the news could be taken in by this in the room. Bill Weasley's head had shoot-up at the name of his former classmate. He had known Urban to be a rational young man in both thinking and attitude. He had never shown any type of traits that might have been described as being like those of a Death Eater. Kinsley, Tonks and Tonks pondered on the news on Firmus. A highly respected wizard who stood against everything Voldemort stood for. The Auror had been in charge of the search for Trosten Lynch. Last week, Firmus had told Rufus Scrimgeour that he discovered Lynch's hideout and he was going to arrest them man, but he came back alone and said Lynch had disappeared before he got there. Somehow the wanted wizard convinced Firmus to not only conceal his whereabouts, but join the Death Eaters. The only one who was not totally surprise by Severus' news was Arthur. He had worked with Bethany on a few cases and she had a loathsome personality and strong views on who should be allowed to use a wand and who should not. After returning from a muggle born wizard's home, he heard her say that the man should not have been allowed a wand if he did not know how to use it.

"This is not good Albus," Elphias replied nervously. "If V-Voldemort was able to get to the likes of Thickness, Ulrich and Firmus, who else might he get to, cross over willingly?"

Dumbledore held up his hand to his eldest friend to calm him. "You've made a valid point, Elphias. This turn of events clearly shows the influence Voldemort can inflict upon a person. Anyone can be brought under his control. For those of you who work in the Ministry, he looked to the Aurors, Arthur and others, "it's vital that you continue on as normal, but keep a discreet eye on Voldemort's new followers. Don't give them any idea that you know they now wear his mark."

Kinsley, Arthur and the rest nodded.

Dumbledore then turned back to the Potion Master.  "What else did Voldemort have to say?"

"He wanted status reports. Nott is making headway in his research into obscure Dark Magic. Macnair is close to having the Dementors pledging themselves to the Dark Lord and it appears he's getting ready to meet with Fenrir Greyback. The Dark Lord has also sent envoys to seek out the giants as well."

"We're fortunate then that Hagrid and Olympia have several days head start on the Death Eaters," Albus said. He had already sent the pair off to meet with the giants a week ago.

"I also gave him the information you provide for me and he seemed please with it," Severus continued. "He even provided me with the information you personally asked for." He took the parchment out and wandlessly levitated it to Dumbledore who took it with interest on his aged face. A few members gave him a curious look but he did not make a comment on it.

"Did he ask about Harry?"

"No. He knows you plan on moving Potter and he's concluded that it's of no concern of his for the moment. As for who sent the Dementors, neither Macnair nor Lucius have made any progress with whoever ordered the attack on Potter."

A nod of his head was the Headmaster's response. None of the Order members in the Ministry had managed to learn anything on the matter either.

"Albus it's clear Voldemort is starting to make major strides," Sirius stated. "He's starting to build-up his forces and trying to find gain critical information. I know that once he's got the Dementors, he's going to break out the Death Eaters in Azkaban, my obsessed cousin among them. It was all she screamed about in her cell."

"Albus, Sirius is right," Kinsley said in agreement. "Voldemort's going to keep growing in power and knows he has the advantage. The Ministry doesn't believe a word you or Harry says, leaving him and lackeys free to move about unseen. We don't even know what it is he's planning."

"Ah but we do, Kinsley. Severus informed me a few days ago and it confirms the theory I've had." He then looked down the table to the young Potions Master for whom he cared a great deal. "And unless I'm mistaken, he told the Death Eaters tonight as well?"

Severus nodded. "He did, Headmaster."

Adopting a serious tone, Albus knew the time had come to tell all but one of Voldemort's true intentions to learn the full prophecy. After he had finished, he saw the Order looked at him gravely.

"However," he began again, "there is one fact Voldemort is not aware of which gives us the advantage."

"And what's that?" Minerva asked.

"The prophecies that are stored in the Department of Mysteries can only be removed by whom they are about. No other may remove it without inflicting serious harm upon themselves. Only after the specific individual removes the recording first, can it be handed to another without them falling victim to this fate."

"So only Harry can remove it?" Arthur asked.

"Only him or Voldemort."

Another round of silence followed.

"For now the prophecy is safe," Dumbledore told them. "As I said, this is not a widely known fact."

"Makes sense," Arthur added. "Only Unspeakables know what occurs in there."

"Yes," Albus replied, "and I'm confident that Augustus Rookwood never told his master. Yet, just like our Mrs. Lestrange and cohorts, Augustus is currently in Azkaban and once he's free, Voldemort will have him tell all he knows." Turning again to Severus, Albus asked, "Has he charged anyone inparticular with retrieving the recording?"

"From what I understood, only the highest ranking Death Eaters are allowed to form and oversee retrieval operations. Those of lower ranking are only expected to assist if asked. All plans must meet the Dark Lord's approval and he will meet with those selected later in private."

"What can we do in the meantime then Albus?" Minerva asked.

"For the moment nothing Minerva. As I already stated, the prophecy is safe. I already have a couple of possible ways for us to keep the recording safe. If anyone comes-up with any suggestions, please let me know. This is slightly last minute, but since a number of you are escorting Harry here tomorrow night, we'll hold another meeting on the subject. I'll have primary plans ready by then. If you are able to make it, come tomorrow. If not, please let me know and I'll fill you in later."

"What about Potter?" Mad Eye asked. "Should he be told?"

"No he shouldn't," Molly interjected before Dumbledore could respond. "He's just a boy. He doesn't need to know what You-Know-Who's plans are. It could cause him try to fight him."

"Harry has every right," Sirius countered. "He's faced Voldemort three times in the past four years and survived. Hell, a few weeks ago, he was tortured by that mad man and saw him kill Cedric Diggory right in-front of him. Harry deserves to know!"

Before a battle royal could break out between the two, Albus jumped in. "Sirius, Molly, please," he commanded on a firm tone. "I agree with Molly. Harry cannot be told this or anything else. Not only for his safety, but for the safety of his friends and the Order."

"What do you mean Albus?" Sirius questioned.

"As you all know, Harry is able to speak Parseltongue. It's a rare ability which I believe is due to Harry having received some of Voldemort's powers."The room was dead silent. All eyes, including Moody's magical one, were focused on the powerful wizard. "The rebounding of his Killing Curse destroyed Voldemort's body, unleashing his power in the process. I believe Harry absorbed a small fraction of Voldemort's magic in the aftermath. This not only gave Harry his ability to speak to snakes, but it also forged a connection between him and Voldemort. In his first year, Harry's scar would prickle whenever he was near Quirrell who was hosting Voldemort. During this past summer and school year, Harry experienced several dream involving Voldemort. All occurrences have been from Voldemort's point of view. His scar would pain him whenever Voldemort was experiencing powerful emotions such as anger.

"How do you know that, Albus?" Remus asked.

"When Harry had his first dream, he wrote to Sirius for possible answers and Sirius informed me. Harry told me of his dreams before the Third Task. I had already told him my theory about his ability to speak Parseltongue, but did not tell him of the connection for his own safety and well being. He did not need to have that burden placed upon him at that point. Until now, I was confident Voldemort was unaware of the connection, but I fear now that he may learn of it since and exploit it. Voldemort would be able to learn everything Harry knows. This is why he cannot know anything about the prophecy or the Order's intentions."

"So we're to tell him nothing if he asks?" Sirius interjected in an infuriated tone. He jumped out of his chair and pointed at the aged wizard. "Harry will have questions, Albus. He hasn't heard from me or any of his friends in weeks and I'm sure once he finds out that you ordered us to not to write to him, he won't be happy. Keeping information from him is wrong! If he asks me, I'll more than willing to tell him the answer to any questions he may have."

"Sirius, please," Remus said calmly as he placed his hand on his friend's arm. "I'm sure Albus has Harry best interests in mind. Now, about Harry," he said as Sirius sat back down. "Perhaps there's away to give Harry a general idea about the state of things while not telling him about the Order's plans and the prophecy."

The Headmaster stroked his bead. "Perhaps." he said. "But tell him nothing of the link between him and Voldemort though."

"Is the threat against Potter truly that serious Headmaster?" Severus asked. He had remained silent during all the discussion. The threat of the Dark Lord learning of the link was grave indeed. The Mutt's outburst, while showing concern for the boy, showed off his reckless Gryffindor attitude. He knew all too well of the delight the Dark Lord took in torturing a person's mind. It was like watching a cat playing with an injured mouse. He wanted the consequences of any possible linkage made perfectly clear.

"Along with knowing anything Harry knows, Voldemort could inflict serious harm on him. Voldemort could manipulate his mind. Plague him with madness and agony. Plant false visions so he would act upon them or even more serious, he could possess him. Given this, I fear that I must distance myself from Harry. Voldemort might sense me through the connection and use Harry to lash out at me. I hate to do this to the boy, but if it will help protect him then it's for the best."

His words hung heavy in the air. Remus knew Harry would not take to the separation well. He remembered listening to Harry talk about the powerful wizard during their time together in his third year. Harry had even once called the man a surrogate grandfather. He also remembered being told how he hated having information about him withheld from here. Not being allowed to tell the boy why such actions were being done on his behalf was heartbreaking.

"But there might be a way for Harry to handle this threat," Dumbledore said.

"How?" Sirius asked.

"In due time, Sirius, but for now; we need to focus on getting Harry here safely. We'll discuss this and the other matter tomorrow.  And remember, not a word to Harry."

With that, Albus ended the meeting. Molly lifted the charms on the doors and the members filed out. Sirius gave the Potion Masters one last glare before he walked out followed by the werewolf. Just as he reached the door, Severus gave the Headmaster a stern look and he received a nod in response. Severus then walked out into the narrow hall and out the front door. Once a short distance away from Grimmauld Place, he disapparated back to Spinner's End.

Chapter End Notes:
As always, I’m looking forward to reading your reviews. And please, pleases, please, let me know what you think.
After seeing the first part of the part I of the Deathly Hallows, I liked the idea of Pius being a fully pledged Death Eater instead of simply being under the Imperious Curse and decided to bring him into my story. Here’s the meaning of the names of the Death Eaters I created.
Maximillian Firmus: The first names of General Veers and Admiral Piett from Star Wars.
Trosten Lynch: Two guys I went to school with that I didn’t like.
Urban Exerda: Urban- the names of several Popes. Exerda- another name for the hydra,
Bethany Ulrich: A girl I knew in high school and my high school geometry teacher. Both of who I didn’t like at all.
The spell to burn the Dark Mark is of my own creation. Cuti Andet: Burn onto the skin- Morsmordre: Death to bite, the spell which summons the Dark Mark.
The next Order meeting will deal with the teaching of Occlumency to Harry. The Severus/Harry interaction will begin in the next chapter. It’s been a challenge trying to figure out the exact process of figuring out how to bring Harry under Severus’ care without making it like other story plots that I’ve read and thinking of how to bring Harry’s situation to light.
So until then and as always, I thank you.