Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:

This is just a drabble of sorts that I dreamed up this morning...and I've always wanted to pit Molly Weasley against Petunia Dursely *grins evily*

 lat minute AN: This fiction is also an attempt to wake up my muse...she's been in a coma for over a week now...any one got a good spell that could wake her up? 

Author's Chapter Notes:
Please remember that this fic is AU! Any nasty flames will be deflected back at the sender!
In The Dead Of Night

From the moment they’d met, Lily and Molly had a connection….and it ran deep. It took them many years before they figured it out.

The blood that ran through their veins was more then magical…it was Amazon blood. Though neither of them could claim ancestry to the leaders….the spirit of the warrior was within the both of them.

When this was discovered, they both worked together to awaken their power. Snape was the only male that believed them…for his own mother once revealed to him that he also had the blood running through him.

Why his mother stayed with his Muggle father was beyond the young Slytherin.

While most men would sneer at the idea of a strong willed woman and even try to surpress it, Severus embraced it…and the both of them had reveled in it…even more then either of them should have.

Then came that horrible day of their fight. They'd both quarreled again and again and soon Lily left him. It broke his heart and he never really healed from it. And Lily would regret it.

 On the night before their final day at Hogwarts, both women met in secret and took a special vow, both knowing that that she carried a child. How Lily knew that there would be trouble was never fully understood, but that night, she and Molly made a pact…it was a magical bonding that could surpass even death.

She never told James her secret heritage…for he would have sneered at the idea.

Soon after they married, Molly revealed her secret to Arthur, but even she could tell that he didn't really believe her.

What was it with men anyway?

All to protect the secret she carried inside…and from the baby’s father…


11 years later

Molly woke up in the dead of night. Beside her, Arthur snored softly.

The mother of seven took a deep breat, and then froze as a mark came to life. The magical tattoo glowed a brownish gold on her skin. It had appeared the night she took that oath and then disappeared as quickly…and now it was back again. Two swords along with some ancient writing that only the Amazon would understand glowed brightly on the tender skin of her forearm.

This could only mean one thing. Harry was in trouble.

Once before she’d been called to his aid…the night Lily and James died. Many people had believed that it was the small toddler that had defeated the dark lord, but in truth it was Lily. She’d invoked a powerful magic. It had been enough to vanquish Riddle. But it had cost the Amazon her life and it had also set into place, the pact.

“Mollykins what’s wrong?” Arthur asked sleepily.

His wife’s eyes were glowing softly in the dark, “The oath…Harry’s in trouble."

“I’ll get Dumbledore, he’ll know what to do.” Arthur mumbled.

“No.” Molly hissed in a dangerous voice. “The pact has been invoked. Lily’s boy is in trouble. The old man will just complicate things. The old fool put Harry with those blasted Muggles. The spell we used only goes into effect when the child’s in mortal danger.”

Arthur almost cowered in front of his wife. "But the bloodwards, You-Know-Who can’t get to him….”

"I never said it was him who was hurting Harry. I never did trust those Muggles to begin with. Harry should have been placed with his father upon death of the mother."

“But James died that night too!”

"Lily told me the truth the night of the pact. I will not dishonor the dead but James isn’t the father. I’m going after Harry. Either help me or get out of the way.”

Molly’s eyes were still glowing dangerously.

Arthur gulped. “I’ll just get our cloaks then.”

Together, the descended the steps and were met by Percy the oldest child still living at home.

“Mum?” he asked in a hushed voice.

“Don’t ask, son. Just go back to bed.” Percy backed away but didn’t go back to bed.

With his parents gone he sat on the couch wand out and waited…


Privet Drive

Crack!

The magical couple arrived on the quiet street and looked about them.

"Over there!” Molly exclaimed. The mark grew darker as she got nearer to the house.

It was near dawn. Canceling the notice-me-not charm, she approached the door and knocked loudly.

It took several minutes of knocking before the door opened and a Petunia Dursley ansured.

“What are you freaks doing on my doorstep!”

Molly leveled her wand at the Muggle. “Lily sent me…what have you done to her son?!”

“Impossible. Lily’s dead…that’s how we got landed with that boy! The unnatural freak!”

That was the wrong thing to say…and Arthur knew it the moment he heard the words.

“You’re the freaks…not us. You show me where Harry is now or you’ll regret it. With just one word I can make you the outcasts of the neighborhood. Where is he!”

“In his room. I’ll show you.”

Molly kept her wand trained on the Muggle as she was led to the stairs.

“You must be joking. This is his room!?” Arthur asked angrily.

“Dudley uses both rooms upstairs. This is the only place left.”

“Both rooms?” Molly asked. “What child needs two rooms?”

"My boy is very special. He needs two rooms."

“That’s a load of dragon dung.” Molly hissed. “Now, open the door.”

Petunia didn’t question the witch any further. With shaking hands, she opened the door.

The smell that came from within made both wizard and witch want to wretch.

Molly’s eyes were watering as twirled her wand instantly vanishing the mess in the metal pail.

“Surely you wouldn’t deny him the use of your loo?” Arthur asked in shock.

Petunia didn’t dare answer.

Molly gave her husband a look and then bent over looking into cubord under the stairs.

"Inside was the tiny 10 year old. He barely looked alive…and where those bruises on his legs?”

Molly growled in rage as she lifted the Harry out of the little broom closet. "Arthur, please take him back home. I’ll be there in a minute. I’m not dragging you into this.”

“I’m not going anywhere Molly. I’m your husband and my vows forbid it.”

Molly handed Harry over to her husband…and then took her wand from her sleeve again. Leveling it at Petunia she began to speak in a forgotten language.

Roughly translated into English it meant: The blood wards are ended and may the Curse of the Amazons fall harshly upon your shoulders. May you die in shame and your bones be picked by ravenous dogs.”

“What did you do to me?” Petunia asked in a whisper. But Molly refused to answer and instead left the house with her husband behind her. Arthur only stopped a moment to say, “Speak one word of this to anyone and I will make you all bigger freaks then us.”

Then they were gone.

Back at the Burrow

Molly hadn’t spoken a word when they arrived back home. Instead she went to the floo and had contacted Severus. He was very grumpy when he got there, having been woken in the early hours.

“Molly, you better have a good reason for…” he trailed off at the tribal look in her eyes.

“Your son needs you.”

“But I don’t have a son.” he said in a confused tone.

"Yes, you do. No one knew of his parentage except for Lily and I. She told me all about your night of passion. We took the Amazon vow not long after she discovered her pregnancy.

Severus’ heart constricted at the memory. “My Lily.” he breathed quietly.

"But I thought he was Potter’s offspring. That’s why I didn’t fight Dumbledore when…”

“He needs your help.” Molly said in an urgent voice. “The damage those Muggles did to him is beyond anything my healing kit can handle.”

Severus nodded numbly and approached the couch that had been transfigured into a cot.

It took all night to heal him and by the next night Harry Potter had disappeared.

He would never been seen again.

And so it was that on September 1st Harry S. Snape was sorted into Slytherin.

And Severus beamed at him proudly from his seat at the Head table.


In case you're wondering about Petunia, it was discovered soon after the Weasley's vist that Vernon had been cheating on her with his secretary. A fight ensued and soon Petunia was cast out of the house.

 She ended up wandering the streets begging for food. Every waking moment she regretted her treatment of her nephew.

She died a lonely woman.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave nice reviews!