Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 48] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Upon discovering his self destructive habits, Dumbledore sends a reluctant Harry to Snape's office. Angst ahoy... don't like, don't read. Warnings: Self harm, tired plot lines, cliche angst, and language. Suggestions for future chapters always welcome.

Takes Place: 7th summer Chapters: 9
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Healer Snape Genres: None
Tags: None Word count: 19754
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 38606
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Alcohol Use, Profanity, Self-harm
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 21 Sep 2011 - Updated: 23 Nov 2011
Awards:
Story Notes:
I rarely write fanfiction of my own, but when I do, I tend to lean towards the quotations side rather than descriptive. Anything I write will probably be littered with spaced sentences and lots of dialogue.

I apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience this may cause the reader. Sort of. Kind of.

Oh, hell. On with it, anyway.
Table of Contents

1. Late Night Intrusions by Scarlette [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (1851 words) Printer

2. Showering Explanations by Scarlette [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1832 words) Printer

3. Confrontation by Scarlette [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (1170 words) Printer

A/N: Hello, readers! I am thrilled so many of you have subscribed to alerts already! I'm having lots of fun with this, and I hope you're enjoying it! This is a very personal issue for me, and it's extremely difficult to justify and describe specific feelings and actions. But I'm trying here, cut me some slack! :)

I am writing this story for two reasons.

1) I was once a pretty decent writer, but stopped for about five years. I've lost a lot of confidence and skill since I quit, so I'm hoping to gain some of this back by practicing here.

2) I wanted to read a story regarding this issue that kept Snape more in-character. No offense to those that write OOC, but sometimes we need more Sour-Grape Snape, you know what I mean? (Any Starkids out there? :D)

I apologize for the shortness of this chapter, it just felt right to stop it where I did - I tried to continue, but it just wouldn't flow right, you know? Next update will be soon to make up for it.

Thanks to my lovely reviewers, you put a smile on my face every morning!

Okay, shutting up now.

4. It's Personal by Scarlette [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2595 words) Printer

5. The Solution by Scarlette [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2697 words) Printer

A/N:

I feel that I should warn you that this chapter is a little more graphic, but what's to be expected from a story about self-harm?

Some questions answered:

- Do I have experience with self harm?
Well, the short answer is yes. The long answer would make this extensive author's note even more lengthy, so I'll just stick with the former. A lot of the feelings and actions described are written from memory, slightly adapted to help Harry stay... well, mostly in character. I appreciate the compliment about how my writing is convincing, though! It's really hard to judge your own writing style and descriptive capabilities. XD

I also wanted respond to the comment about Harry's cutting being triggered by loss (Cedric and Sirius), except with the case of Harry's mom. I believe you were saying that Lily would be an even worse trigger for Harry, and that Snape shouldn't try to use it as a deterrent for Harry's behavior.

I don't really think Snape was trying to manipulate Harry with his comment about Lily at the end a few chapters back. The fact that Harry disregards the sacrifice that Snape's only love gave was enough to break down that emotional barrier. He was upset, reluctant, and disgustingly willing to help this boy he deems an arrogant waste of space. He was upset that Harry wasn't taking his problem or his life very seriously, and it wasn't fair to Lily's memory.
As far as the cutting trigger... It doesn't always make sense, and it's very rarely rational. But I will say that Lily is a different issue for Harry than Cedric or Sirius. The fact that Harry believed Voldemort's lies and went to the department of mysteries indirectly led to Sirius's death. Harry offering to share the Triwizard tournament cup with Cedric indrectly led to his death. The memory and comment about Lily reminded Harry that his own mother had paid the ultimate toll for Harry's life, and Harry can't allow it to be in vain. He doesn't really feel responsible for her death the way he does for Sirius and Cedric.

Holy royal Hippogriff, Batman! That could have been a chapter all on its own! Well then, on we go!

6. Almost Like Veritaserum by Scarlette [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2150 words) Printer

A/N:
I will no longer use author's notes to justify my writing. I will no longer use author's notes to justify my writing. I will no longer use-

Damn your methods, Umbridge! *rubs hands angrily*

(:

Senior year of college is getting busier, exams are eating my soul... so naturally, I will procrastinate via FFN! Yay!

Also: I HAVE VIP TICKETS TO THE STARKID SHOW. I hope some of you are going!

Hope the school year is treating you better. If you're reading this fic instead of studying, for shame! /hypocrite.

7. Trust and Confidence by Scarlette [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2731 words) Printer

8. Friendships by Scarlette [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (2273 words) Printer

9. Off to a Bad Start... by Scarlette [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2455 words) Printer

A/N: Hello all. Welcome back! If you celebrate Thanskgiving, I hope it was lovely.

I don't think I need to remind you that this is definitely an AU sixth year.

Um, another warning: Angst. Angst. Angst. *uses best Potter Puppet Pals voice*

No, seriously. Angsty chapter. What a way to start the term!

To be continued...
Scarlette is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 53 members. Members who liked Caught also liked 1284 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5