Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 116] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Harry has come back to Hogwarts for his second year and something is...off. Harry has tried as hard as he can to keep everything secret and hidden, but people who are watching him know something is wrong.

Takes Place: 2nd summer Chapters: 30
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption Word count: 217148
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Original Character Read: 133516
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 08 Jan 2012 - Updated: 25 Jun 2012
Awards:
Table of Contents

1. Discovery by Swamygliders [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (8804 words) Printer

I posted this on ff.net and though I would post it here as well. I hope you enjoy! Review if you want! :)

2. Food and Comfort by Swamygliders [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (5660 words) Printer

Later that day, around dinnertime, Severus summoned a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a glass of milk. With the tray in his hand, he quietly entered Harry's new bedroom….

3. The Ministry by Swamygliders [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (5367 words) Printer

In the middle of the night Severus woke to an ear shattering scream coming from the room next to him. In a second, he was out of his bed with his wand in hand. In the next moment, he was running out of his bedroom and into Harry's to see what was wrong….

4. Guardianship by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (6113 words) Printer

Just a moment after Severus heard the floo go off he found himself with his arms full of Harry. Closing his eyes and resting his chin on Harry's head Severus held the child close to him.

5. Nightmares by Swamygliders [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (6949 words) Printer

Right outside Severus's rooms though Severus remembered Harry's injured ankle. With that in mind Severus summoned up a pair or crutches and laid a calming hand on the boy's shoulder. Harry turned to look at the man with a hint of confusion on his face when he saw the crutches.

6. Small Comforts by Swamygliders [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (7115 words) Printer

Arriving through the floo Harry found himself stumbling forward, but before he could fall he felt two strong hands holding him upright. Looking up to smile at Severus who had stopped his fall he blushed a little when he saw the concern on Severus's face.

7. Gardens by Swamygliders [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (7088 words) Printer

When Severus woke it was to soft tinkling bells in his ears from the alarm charm he had placed on Harry before he had fallen asleep. Sleepily he looked over at Harry and gave a small smile to the boy who was looking back at him. Silently the man canceled the spell that was still chiming in his ear while he sat up in bed.

8. Photos by Swamygliders [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (7604 words) Printer

"Come on Severus eat please."

Severus sent a glare Don's way that would even make a seventh-year cry and let out a small growl.

Don just rolled his eyes at the man's dramatics….

9. Tests by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (7947 words) Printer

Don opened his eyes with a sigh. In the next moment, though he was off the transfigured bed and running towards Harry's door as fast as he could.

10. Hair and Glasses by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (7712 words) Printer

After Don introduced Pamela to Harry, the Healer stepped out of the room and went next door to see Severus and Minerva. When he entered the room, it was to two people smiling knowingly.

11. Puzzles by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (8192 words) Printer

Walking out into the garden Don started to tell Harry all about Albus's manor where Severus stayed in the summertime. Yes, Severus had a manor in Spinners End, but that place brought memories that Severus rather not deal with.

12. Behind Bars by Swamygliders [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (6948 words) Printer

Stepping through the floo to Albus's office Don let out a small sigh. He knew he should have at least talked to his Healer before he took this trip to the Ministry, but he had run out of time, and he hated to make Albus wait for him. Or maybe that was just an excuse.

13. Questioning by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (7299 words) Printer

Early the next morning Severus's eyes slowly opened to a bight and beautiful day. Looking down he saw that his child was snuggled so that his head was buried deep into his chest. Smiling Severus reached down and stroked the boy's hair back from his face so he could see the peacefully sleeping face. He looked so innocent when he was sleeping.

14. Voices by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (7563 words) Printer

The rest of Severus's and Harry's Sunday was spent with one another. After lunch, the two had made their way down to their little home safely. Harry with his hoard of friends surrounding him, they were all determined to protect Harry and Severus with Albus by his side, he had wanted to make sure Severus truly was ok after this morning's events.

15. Snakes by Swamygliders [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (7779 words) Printer

Not bothering to check to see whether Albus was in his office or not, Don flooed through to his office as soon as he reached the fireplace. When he did reach the Headmaster's office, he was slightly irritated that the man was not there as he had hoped. The rational part of his mind knew that Albus was a busy man, but the worried side just wanted answers from the man.

16. The Chamber by Swamygliders [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (9236 words) Printer

In the middle of the night Harry woke up with a start. The alarm Severus casted did not warn Severus to Harry awaking mainly because he did not awake in distress. Clearly there was a flaw in the spell.

17. The Hospital Wing by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (8402 words) Printer

For the first time in several days, Severus was sitting behind his desk. Not for the same reason, this time instead of grading or doing some other school related work he was watching a small twelve-year old standing in the corner sniffling. If anything, this was worse than the spanking had been.

18. A New Home by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (9165 words) Printer

Sleepily Draco opened his eyes. At first, he couldn't tell where he was, but then everything from the last ten hours came back to him full force. He had finally told Uncle Sev what happened at home, his mother abandoned him and the Weasley's were going to take him in. Who would have imagined that all of that could have happened in such a short amount of time?

19. Friends by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (8637 words) Printer

The next morning while Harry was getting ready for school Severus watched from the doorway as Harry struggled to tie his tie. Gently smiling Severus knocked on the door frame to gain Harry's attention. The boy looked up and blushed a bit as he looked back down at the tie he was unable to tie.

20. Revelations by Swamygliders [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (8303 words) Printer

Harry sat on the bed with his stuffed animal hugged tightly to his chest and his knees drawn up as Don came and gently sat next to him. When the bed slightly dipped Harry turned his head a bit and looked over at the Healer. He knew he should be comfortable telling his Healer anything, but he could not help feel nervous and frightened with the coming conversation.

21. Just some questions by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6722 words) Printer

The next day seemed to come and go in a haze according to Harry. Everything had rushed by in a blur, except that conversation with the twins that is. That conversation Harry would commit to memory for the rest of his life. He knew that people cared for him, but this instance had hit home for Harry. It had really made him see just how much people cared about him.

22. Visits by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6426 words) Printer

Later that day, just after Harry and Severus finished their lunch the floo went off behind them. Severus couldn't help, but let out an exasperated grown. Couldn't everyone just leave them alone for just a few hours? Because honestly that was all he really wanted. Some peace and quiet with his child; that was all. Was that really too much to ask?

23. Story books by Swamygliders [Reviews - 7] starstarstarhalf-star (6854 words) Printer

The rest of the weekend went smoothly for Severus and Harry. Harry was a bit clingier than normal, but Don said that was normal for a child in his situation and even if Severus didn't admit it aloud he quite liked the close contact with his son. Well, except when Harry would become fearful every time Severus had to attend to one of his snakes and had to leave for a little while. Then, it had been awful. For when he came back Harry clung to him with tears in his eyes saying that he thought he had left him for good.

24. Healing by Swamygliders [Reviews - 5] starstarstar (7230 words) Printer

Thank you Lady Destiny for being my amazing beta! You are awesome! :)

Severus was not a happy man at this very moment. After Harry had written to him last, he could not quiet his mind. He knew there was something wrong with his child. He just knew it, call it a father's instinct. It was the way Harry had tried to avoid telling him what he had for lunch that really bothered him. He knew the child had been lying to him. It was like a sixth sense, he could always tell when a child lied to him, especially his own. He supposed that was why children really found him so scary. He could always weasel out the truth without doing much more than giving them that look.

25. Reunited by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (7622 words) Printer

Thank you so very, very much Lady Destiny. You are an amazing beta! :)

Just an hour later, a nurse pulled back the privacy curtain and smiled gently at the Healer who was still sitting on the side of Harry's bed. It was obvious just how dedicated Don was to his patient and how much he really cared. Lately, it seemed that there were fewer and fewer Healers like Don and if the nurse was honest, it was refreshing to see someone who cared so much.

26. Papers by Swamygliders [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7418 words) Printer

Thank you so much Lady Destiny for being my amazing beta!

Waking up slowly, Harry curled tightly into his sheets wondering why he had a very warm spot on his chest. His hand was resting on top of it, and it felt very fuzzy and small, almost like his stuffed cat, but this one felt warm...and was that purring he felt? He knew his toy cat couldn't do that.

27. Home by Swamygliders [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (7286 words) Printer

Thank you soooo much Lady Destiny for all your wonderful betaing skills. :)

Harry could not believe how beautiful his new home was, it was even grander than the Diaz's and it felt...more homey. Looking around Harry saw that they were in a large living room colored in soft tans and complete with two couches and many comfortable looking chairs. It was beautiful, and he couldn't help, but wonder if the Headmaster had decorated. After another thought though he dismissed the thought, there was no way he had decorated with all his wild robe choices.

28. Memories by Swamygliders [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (7792 words) Printer

Thank you so much Lady Destiny for your amazing betaing skills! :)

For next few months, Harry and Severus fell into a comfortable routine. Every morning Severus would gently wake the boy from his sleep, and they would both get ready for the day. Then, they would head downstairs and Harry would help Severus prepare their breakfast and after taking their potions they would eat their fill. When they were finished Maya would pop in and start to clean up, per her and Severus's agreement. It was the only way she would let him cook. Otherwise, she would be looking over their shoulder at every movement.

29. Ghosts by Swamygliders [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (7823 words) Printer

Thank you so much Lady Destiny for being my amazing beta!

As they finished their lunch in the park, Severus started to pack away the rest of it in the basket Maya had given them. When it was all packed away Severus quickly looked around, making sure no Muggles were near, and then banished it back to the house so that they wouldn't have to carry it around anymore.

30. Hello! by Swamygliders [Reviews - 0] (92 words) Printer

The End.
Swamygliders is the author of 17 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 74 members. Members who liked Going Home also liked 1510 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5