Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a moment after Severus heard the floo go off he found himself with his arms full of Harry. Closing his eyes and resting his chin on Harry's head Severus held the child close to him.
Guardianship

Just a moment after Severus heard the floo go off he found himself with his arms full of Harry. Closing his eyes and resting his chin on Harry's head Severus held the child close to him.

"Oh Harry."

Don had come through the floo with Harry in his arms, but as soon as Harry had spotted Severus he had wiggled down and had dashed for the dark robed man. Watching the interaction between Severus and Harry Don had to smile. Harry might not really realize it, yet, but it seemed that he really trusted Severus.

After a few moments, Don came over and placed a gentle hand on Severus's shoulder. "Harry didn't have anything to eat this morning did he?"

Severus shook his head still clinging to the child, just happy that Harry had come back to him safe and sound. He had been so worried about him while he was gone and if he were honest with himself Albus was the only one who had kept him from following them as they had left.

Gently Don pried the two apart and lifted Harry up into his own arms. "Let's get you something to eat, both of you."

Don gave Severus a pointed look and rose an eyebrow while Severus gave a slight grimace. "Hey now, don't give that look. I know you don't eat as much as you should and don't you want to be a good example for Harry here?"

"Ok, I'll call a house elf to fetch some breakfast for the three of us?"

Don gave a small nod and carried the boy to the kitchen table. Carefully he set the boy down in the chair and then knelt down before him. "I know I just wrapped this, but that was more of a quick fix. I would like to take care of it more properly if you don't mind."

"Ok, sir." Harry looked down at his lap somewhat ashamed for practically jumping on his Professor when they had arrived.

Gently Don reached up and placed his hand underneath Harry's chin tilting it up so that they met eyes. "You know Harry; you don't have to call me Sir. I am your Healer, but I am also your friend. Please call me by my name."

Harry gave a small nod, and Don just smiled at the child. "Now let's see whether we can heal this ankle once and for all, ok?"

Again Harry nodded, and Don removed his hand from Harry's chin. Slowly Don removed the boy's shoe and sock while rolling up his pants leg. Gently he removed the cast and gave a small smile when he saw that the swelling had gone down considerably. Looking up at the boy still smiling he patted the child on the knee.

"I'll be right back Harry. I know you're still in pain, and I want to fix that with a few pain potions and a fresh bandage."

Just at that moment Severus walked through the door with a tray full of three plates of food. Don got up off the ground and went over to the man. Quietly he whispered something in his ear and Severus nodded as if he was agreeing to something. The Healer then left the room and Severus entered all the way placing the tray down on the table. He placed on plate by his spot and another by Don's the third though went in front of Harry.

The plate he had placed in front of Harry had a small bowl of oatmeal on it and a few chunks of fruit on the side along with a large glass of milk. Harry looked down at awe.

"Is this really for me?"

"Yes; of course, Harry. Remember now to drink the glass of milk before you eat anything and please let one of us know if you need a stomach soother."

Harry looked down at his lap still sitting sideways in his chair. Quietly he mumbled something so quiet that if Severus didn't have enhanced hearing he would have missed completely.

Closing his eyes for a moment Severus then came and pulled a chair up so that he was now sitting next to the boy. He then gently pulled the boy into his lap.

"You've never had a meal at the table before? Where did you eat then?"

Resting his head on Severus shoulder Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Mostly in my cupboard, if I was allowed any food."

Severus then wrapped his arms around the child and closed his eyes for a long moment. "That will never happen here Harry. Here, you will eat three meals a day and you will always have them at the table."

Harry's head moved up and down against Severus shoulder as Don came back into the room. Smiling at the scene before him Don came over and sat in the chair Harry had just occupied while placing the supplies he had gathered from Severus's store cupboard on the table. He then reached for the glass of milk and handed the glass to Severus while giving another smile to the two on the chair.

"Why don't you have some milk while I tend to your ankle? Then, we can all sit down and have some breakfast together."

Harry nodded and accepted the glass from Severus. Wrapping both hands around the large glass so it would not fall he started to sip greedily. After a few minutes though, Severus gently took the glass away from Harry's mouth.

"Slow down Harry and breathe. We don't want you getting sick now."

As Severus took care of Harry drinking his milk Don took care of the child's ankle. Gently rubbing potions and creams all over the limb he slowly sent a bit more healing magic into it. He then slowly began to wrap it with the proper material this time sending a hardening spell into it as he did.

Immediately after Don was finished, he slipped on Harry's sock and then his shoe tying it for the child. Looking up at Harry Don gave a small smile while patting him on the leg.

"All done Harry. Please say something if it starts to hurt again so we can take care of it."

Harry gave a small nod and handed the more than half-empty glass back to Severus.

"All done Harry?"

Leaning back into Severus's shoulder he again gave a small nod while Severus placed the glass back on the table. Wrapping his arms around the child Severus gave the boy one last squeeze before letting go while Don got out of the chair he was sitting on. Severus then gently lifted the boy and placed him where Don was not a moment ago.

Then, getting out of his chair himself Severus scooted Harry's under the table so that he could reach his food more easily. The man then sat back in the chair he had just vacated while Don found a chair across from the two. Placing the bowl of oatmeal and fruit a little closer to the boy Severus placed a hand on Harry's before he could grab his spoon.

"Remember to take it slowly Harry. One bite at a time."

Harry nodded and Severus removed his hand so that Harry could start to eat. Even with Severus's reminder though, Harry couldn't help eating as if it was his last meal. He was never really hungry until the food was directly in front of him. When the did food came within eyesight though, at least this bland food that he knew he could digest, he suddenly got so hungry that he felt like him insides were eating one another.

Slightly sighing when he saw Harry start to dig in Severus looked up at Don with a bit of worry in his eyes. He knew this was what starvation did to someone, but it still hurt him so much to see a child acting this way. Eating every meal as if it was his last or if it was going to be taken away.

Oblivious to the two staring at each other having a silent conversation across from the table Harry continued on eating. That is until Don gently placed a hand on Harry's to stop him from stuffing his mouth.

"Slow down Harry. I want you to chew at least five times every time you take a bite and then take a deep breath. Can you do that for me?"

"I'll...I'll try."

Don nodded and watched as Harry did try to slow down his eating. Often giving someone a task while they were eating helped them focus on that instead of shoving as much food down their throats as they could.

As the two men watched Harry eat, they began to eat their breakfast as well. Don sent glances at Severus when the man stopped eating every so often or looked as if he was about to finish. Every time Severus just sighed and took some more food.

Only a few others knew about Severus's eating troubles. That was how Don had met Severus in the first place. Albus had watched the thin Slytherin get thinner and thinner his fourth year in school and had become even more concerned when Lily Evens had fetched him because the child had passed out in the hallway and was refusing treatment. It was then that the Headmaster had sought outside help from a clinic. Don had immediately bonded with Severus, noticing what many others missed, and had become his Healer and mentor of sorts. As the boy had grown into a man, the Healer had made a point to meet with him at least once a week to verify he was taking care of himself and had continued to do so even after his Hogwarts days.

Severus would never admit it, especially at this very moment when Don was making him eat, but he really was grateful for the Healer and his content prodding. Really Don was one of the only reasons Severus was able to be sitting beside Harry in the first place. For, if Don had not foreseen what Lily's death would do to the man Hogwarts would have one more ghost haunting the castle.

When the bowl in front of Harry was more than halfway empty Harry put down his spoon and looked down at the bowl. Placing a hand on Harry's Severus looked at Harry concerned.

"What's wrong Harry?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't finish it."

"That's ok Harry. Do you want to try to have a few pieces of fruit?"

Harry gave a small nod and Severus handed the child a fork so that he could eat a few bites of fruit. Harry took the fork and diligently ate each bite of food as if he was severing the flavors. After eating only two pieces though, Harry looked down at his plate sadly.

"Don't worry Harry, we'll have some more fruit later, ok?"

Nodding slightly Harry mumbled something that only Severus could hear because he was so near.

"You are excused Harry. Call us if you need any help."

Harry slid off his chair and went over to the restroom. As soon as Harry was out of earshot Severus sent a glance at Don. "Care to explain what happened at the Ministry this morning?"

Don sighed and launched into his explanation of what had happened with the Minister and Arthur Weasley. After he was finished, he paused for a second to let the man absorb all the new information and then told Severus what he had been pondering all morning, especially after Harry had re-injured himself.

"I'm wondering if it would benefit Harry to spend a few days at the clinic."

That immediately caught Severus's attention. He looked up from his plate of food and looked intently at Don. "Why?"

"Well, as I told you when I examined his ankle in the Ministry his bones seemed weaker then they should be and when I examined him just now it was not just for the purpose of wrapping it properly I also wanted to reconfirm. I would like to run a few tests on Harry, specifically a bone density test and a few on his internal organs just so that we are positive he is ok."

"Can't you do those tests here? I don't think we should take him out of an environment he seems to be comfortable in so soon."

Don smiled at Severus's concern and patted him on the hand. "Yes, we could do those tests here, but I also thought the environment there would benefit him. When he sees that other people have problems as well and that he is not weak. I remember that helped you a great deal."

Severus blushed and looked down at his lap. "Should he come back here at night as I did?"

Smiling again Don nodded and got off his chair. "I will go talk to Albus about this and arrange for his schoolwork to be sent to the center so that he does not miss too much."

Severus also got up from his chair banishing the empty dishes as he did so and then he went over and knocked on the bathroom door to see whether Harry was ok. The child had been in there for an awful long time.

"Harry, everything ok in there?"

When no reply came Severus came Severus knocked again. "Harry?"

There was still no reply and Severus's concern took over. "Harry, I'm coming in."

Severus opened the door quietly, but not so quietly that Harry would not hear him enter. He did not want to startle the boy after all. As soon as the door was completely open Severus looked around for Harry and finally spotted him through the shower curtain. He was seated in the tub, and he was hugging his knees close to his body.

"Harry?"

Only a few whimpers came from the tub and Severus sighed. He then came and pulled back the curtain and sat down near the tub placing a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Harry, can you please look up at me?"

Slowly Harry's tear covered face looked up at Severus. Gently Severus moved his hand from Harry's shoulder to cup his cheek.

"What's wrong Harry?"

"I'm sorry."

"What for Harry?"

Harry blushed and looked down. The smell then hit Severus's nose and Severus let out a small sigh. Standing up he lifted the boy out of the tub by the armpits and set him down in front of him. Kneeling down in front of where he had set Harry on his feet he reached up and gently rose Harry's chin so that he was looking into his eyes.

"It's ok Harry. We all have accidents. Now let's get you cleaned up, ok?"

As Severus removed his hand from Harry chin the boy gave a small nod. Severus then got up from where he was kneeling and started the shower.

"Why don't you hop in the shower and I'll go grab you some clothes, ok? Then, when you're dressed we have some things to talk about."

Harry again nodded and Severus went to leave the room, but before he left he turned to the look at the child. "Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything Harry."

When Severus saw the nod he gave one of his own and gently shut the door behind him. He then summoned a house elf and asked his to fetch Harry a fresh pair of Robes. The elf popped away, but soon came back with empty hands. Confused Severus looked at the nervous elf.

"Why did you not bring any of his things?"

The elf wrung his hands together and looked down at his feet. "I is sorry sir, but I is not finding anything in his trunk except clothes that are way too big."

Sighing Severus looked down at the poor elf who probably thought he would be punished for something that was out of his control. "That's all right Dibble, you can go back to the kitchen now."

As the elf popped away Severus went to his own room and grabbed a set of all may be black, but they were clothes none the less. Shrinking them down so they would fit Harry Severus then made his way back to the bathroom. Knocking on the door he then entered seeing a shadow behind the curtain.

"I'll leave you the robes on the sink, ok Harry?"

"Yes sir"

"I'll be right outside in the living room."

Severus placed the clothing where he said he would and closed the door behind him as he left the bathroom. The man then made his way towards the floo and threw some floo powder into the fireplace calling the Headmaster's office.

The Headmasters concerned face appeared in the fireplace a moment later. "Is everything ok Severus?"

"For the most part Albus. Could you please just ask Don whether it is ok for us to buy some clothing before we head to the clinic tomorrow? It seems Harry only has one set of robes, and he is in desperate need of new undergarments."

Albus nodded, and then he turned around to ask Don Severus's question. Severus saw a small nod from Albus and then as Albus tuned back around he saw the small sad smile gracing his lips.

"Yes you can and why don't you take a few days off as well so you can go to the clinic as well? At least until the end of the week?"

"I don't need to go to the clinic Albus except to be with Harry." Severus scowled at the Headmaster.

Albus gave Severus a gentle look ." I know you haven't been eating that well."

Severus humphed and looked away somewhat embarrassed. "I'm fine."

"I know you are Severus, but could you just humor an old man?"

"Fine, I'll accompany Harry."

Albus flashed Severus a smile and Severus saw the twinkle in his eyes light up. Sighing Severus took his head away from the fireplace and sat down on the couch. The next minute a freshly showered boy came from the bathroom and shyly stood in the doorway.

Severus saw the boy and patted the place on the couch next to him. "Come and sit down with me Harry."

Harry did what he was told and walked over to sit next to Severus on the couch folding his hands in his lap as he did.

"I'm really sorry sir."

Placing a hand on both of Harry's Severus set his sites on soothing the child. "Like I said before there is no need to be sorry. Everyone has accidents."

Harry blushed and looked down at his lap slightly squeezing Severus's larger hand. Severus sighed and decided that it might just be best to move onto a different subject.

"I wanted to ask you something Harry. I wanted to ask whether you would like to stay with me and become my ward. If you don't want to, we can find someone else for you to stay with instead of your relatives, maybe the Weasleys?"

Suddenly Severus found himself with a lap full of Harry who was clutching to his robes as if his very life depended on it. After overcoming his initial shock, Severus wrapped his arms around Harry.

"I'll take that as a yes."

The two sat there for a while. Harry with his face buried in Severus's robes and Severus gently rubbing his back. When Harry pulled his head back a little to look up at Severus the man gave the boy a small smile.

"As soon as you came back from the Ministry I sent a patronus to Albus and he has since been getting the paper work together that the Minister messed up this morning. When Madam Bones signed the papers Albus sent me a notice if you don't mind she will be by later to get my signature as well as yours."

Harry gave a small nod and Severus continued.

"Tomorrow morning we'll then go to get some new clothes. The house elves told me about your clothing situation. Then, I think we will both take a trip to Don's clinic so that Don can run a few tests and see how we can help you the most."

"You'll...you'll be there?"

"The whole time."

Harry nodded and snuggled his head into Severus. Again Severus wrapped his arms around the child and just held him close.

"Everything will be fine Harry."

An hour later Severus heard the floo go off behind him. He knew it must be either Albus or Don since the only other person who had his password was Minerva, and she had her hands full with her Gryffindors right now. Knowing this Severus made no motions to move the child who was now sleeping on top of him. He didn't want to disturb the boy from his slumber and if he was honest he was enjoying being a human pillow.

Severus did give a little jump when he heard a woman's voice behind him. Quickly turning just his head he saw that it was Minerva who had gasped at the scene before her. Sighing Severus pointed to the chair beside the couch.

"Have a seat Minerva and I'll explain...unless Albus has already said something?"

Minerva shook her head and came to sit down where Severus had pointed. Then, raising an eyebrow Minerva gave Severus an incredulous look. "Care to explain why you are a human pillow?"

Severus sighed again. "You knew I was watching Harry at meals."

Minerva gave a small nod and Severus continued. "Well, I confronted him after class yesterday. I found he was injured, and I healed him with some help."

Severus looked up into Minerva's eyes. "I'm taking over his guardianship, and we are both going to the clinic tomorrow for a few days."

Minerva nodded and got off the chair she was sitting on so that she could come and sit next the two on the couch. Gently she brushed the hair away from Harry's face while she sighed.

"He looks so peaceful."

She looked up at Severus. "Will he be ok?"

Severus looked down at the boy resting on his shoulder. "In time."

Minerva then rested a hand on Severus's arm "How about you? This is quite a big step from really disliking the boy to...dare I say it care for him."

"I never disliked him, he just reminded me of James and I have come to realize that Harry truly is not his father. Quite far from him, he really is more like his mother."

Severus closed his eyes for a moment and Minerva's hand on his arm gave a gentle squeeze.

"It was not your fault Severus."

"Yes, it was."

"Severus, you know as well as I do that Voldemort had his eyes on them long before you told him the prophecy."

Giving the boy a gentle squeeze Severus closed his eyes again and nodded. When he opened his eyes and looked down he noticed that Harry was opening his sleepy eyes. Giving the boy a small half smile Severus freed his arm from Minerva's hand and brushed back the stray hair that kept obstructing the boy's face. It seemed that a Haircut was in order.

"Good morning sleepy head."

Harry gave a shy smile at his Professor and again rested his head against the man's shoulder. Minerva just smiled at the interaction and decided that Severus could alert the child to her presence, she really didn't want to interrupt them.

"It seems we have a guest Harry."

Harry's head immediately popped up and looked around, but then when he saw it was Minerva he relaxed a bit, but not completely.

"Do...do I have to go back to the tower now?"

Minerva smiled at the child. "No Harry, I think you are in just the right place. And don't worry about your friends. I will tell Mr. Weasley and Mss. Granger that you are ok. In fact, it was those two who told me where you were, they actually seemed glad that you were here and I can see why."

Harry buried his head a bit and blushed. Smiling Minerva placed a hand on Harry's back.

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about Harry. I'm just sad that I hadn't seen anything sooner and for that I am sorry."

"It's...it's all right."

Minerva sighed and closed her eyes. "No Harry, no it's not. What they did to you was wrong and I should have noticed."

Severus looked at Minerva as Harry began to shiver a little. "Minerva, maybe it's not the time for that." And Severus made a tiny gesture with his head down to the boy who was now clutching to him.

Minerva slightly nodded and removed her hand from Harry's back. "You're right Severus, I'm sorry Harry. I should take my leave now anyway and have a talk with Albus."

Severus nodded at Minerva as she got off her chair. Before she walked through the floo though, she turned and placed a small kiss on Harry's forehead and whispered something into his ear. "Don't worry, Severus will take good care of you my little lion."

A few hours later Harry was found siting on the couch next to Severus diligently working on some of the work he had missed that day. Severus had thought that while they were waiting for the Headmaster and Madam Bones that it would be best to do something that would benefit the boy.

While the two were working on Harry's charms work the floo behind them went off and Severus found himself with a boy firmly pressed against his side. Gently placing a hand on his shoulder to try to calm him Severus turned around to see the Headmaster and Madam Bones stepping out. Before getting up to greet his guests, he whispered a few calming and reassuring words into the boy's ears.

When the boy seemed somewhat calm, he got the couch and walked around so he was facing his guests. Extending his hand to Madam Bones he gave her a small smile. "It's nice to see you again Madam Bones."

Accepting the hand she gave a small nod. "Likewise."

"Come and sit down if you would like. I'll order some tea and biscuits."

Madam Bones and Albus came and sat on the couch across for Harry who was looking at them nervously while Severus ordered some tea for the adults and a glass of milk and vegetable sticks for the boy. It was almost lunchtime and Severus thought that this might be a replacement for the meal that is if Harry ate acceptably.

Coming back to the couch Severus had two trays in hand. One he set on the table for the adults and then the other he placed on Harry's lap, but grabbed the glass of milk before it could tip over. Placing it in the boy's hand he made a small gesture for him to drink up.

Then, a heavy silence fell over the four in the living room. The two adults on the couch across from Harry were curiously watching the interactions between Professor and child as Severus slowed down Harry's sipping and made him breathe between gulps.

Finally, the silence was broken by Albus who cleared his throat looking at Severus with a twinkle in his eyes. "So you want to take over Harry's guardianship?"

Severus turned his attention from Harry to the man in front of him. "I do."

Albus nodded, and Madam Bones continued the conversation grateful that the Headmaster had given her a head start. She had never seen the Potion Master act so...kind to anyone and was quite frankly fascinated that one small boy could change him so much in such a short time.

"Do you have any questions to what that entails?"

Severus shook his head turning his attention to the boy seated next to him. "No. I intend to fill all those rolls to the best of my ability. Provide food and clothing for him as well as a safe place for him to sleep. I also intend to be there for him whenever he needs me, physically or emotionally. He will be my son in all, but name."

Madam Bones nodded and watched as Severus took the now drained glass from Harry's hands and pushed the plate of vegetables a little closer to the child. She then sighed as she thought of her other order of business here.

"I don't know whether the Headmaster told you two or not, but I am also in charge of the case against the Dursleys."

She saw as Harry's body tensed up at just the mention of his relatives and closed her eyes for a moment. She really hated it when children were hurt by family members. It didn't happen often in the wizarding word, but when it did it hurt her heart.

"Well, I have to ask you some questions Harry so we can avoid a trial where you would have to speak in front of a lot of people."

Harry put down the carrot stick he was chewing on and nodded his head slowly. While he did so he scooted just a bit closer to Severus and gave a small sigh as Severus wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"Did the Dursleys ever hurt you Harry?"

Slowly the child nodded and leaned a bit into Severus. When the man saw, the tray of food was forgotten at the moment Severus gently removed the tray from the boy's lap and placed it on the table.

"You didn't eat very much while you were there either did you?"

Shaking his head slightly Harry looked down at his lap.

"You had a cousin there as well. Were you and your cousin treated equally Harry?"

When Harry shook his head Madam Bones let out a small sigh in relief. She had to know if they were going to have another mistreated child on their hands. They had to remove the boy from their care regardless, but they needed to know whether he had to go into a special home or not.

"Very good Harry. I only have one more question, and then you can spend some time with the Headmaster while I talk to Severus for a moment. Ok?"

Harry gave another small nod and Madam Bones gave the boy a sad smile.

"How long has this been going on Harry?

"Harry shrugged his shoulders and if possible scooted a little closer to Severus. "I...I don't know..."

"That's ok Harry. Severus could I have a word?"

Severus nodded and as he got off the couch Albus took his place beside Harry. Carefully picking up the tray of food Severus had put down and began to encourage the boy to eat something. As Severus left the room with Madam Bones he couldn't help, but give one last worried look in Harry's direction.

As soon as the two arrived in Severus's office Severus sat down in a comfortable looking chair across from the one Madam Bones had taken.

"I wanted to talk to you about this morning Severus, about what happened with the Minister."

Severus nodded. "What he did was unacceptable. He wanted to send the boy back to relatives he knew hurt him."

Sighing Madam Bones nodded. "I know. And that is why he is currently in custody and is being charged for enraging the life of a child. As you know in the Wizarding world that is a serious offense and, he has lost his post as Minister."

Nodding his head in approval Severus sighed. One less thing on his plate to deal with. "Who will be replacing him?"

Madam Bones let out an audible sigh. "It seems, much to my displeasure, that I have been elected. I really don't know why they thought I would be good for the job."

Severus had the crack a smile at that. "They voted without you in the room didn't they?"

Again Madam or now Minister Bones sighed. "Yes."

Still with a smile on his face Severus got out of his chair. "We should go and see Albus and Harry now. Unless there is something else you wanted to discuss?"

The new Minister shook her head. "We can discuss the Dursleys at a later time."

Nodding his head both Severus and Minister Bones got out of their seat and went to the door to see how the two in the living room were fairing.

Before entering the living room though, Severus stopped in the doorway watching Albus teaching Harry how to tie his shoes. When the new Minister came behind Severus he just simply held his arm up to stop her from going any further and then pointed to the couch.

The two just watched awhile until a small boy looked up with a look of awe on his face.

"I can tie my shoes!"

Severus then came over and sat on the other side of Harry and gave the boy a hug. "I am so proud of you Harry."

Pulling back from the hug Severus shot Albus a grateful look. He then discreetly looked at the table and saw the plate of half finished vegetables. Harry would be having some soup after Albus and the new Minister left their rooms.

"So how is everything Severus?"

"Everything is fine Albus. The Minister was just telling me some things I'm sure you already know."

"Minister?"

Severus rose an eyebrow and looked at the blushing woman. "She didn't tell you that they made her the new Minister?"

"I believe she forgot to mention that tid bit of information." Albus looked at the new Minister with the twinkle in his eyes full force.

"I believe we will be seeing more of each other than."

The blushing Minister nodded. "We will Headmaster."

Albus then patted Harry on the shoulder and gave Severus a warm look. "Let's see those papers then and then we'll be out of your way."

Minister Bones pulled the last of the paperwork out of her robes and then sat down across from the three.

She then pointed to a line and handed Severus a quill. "Just sign here."

Severus did and then handed the quill to Harry while the Minister was pointing to where Harry was to sign. "Right here dear."

Harry signed as neatly as he could and then handed the quill back to the woman across from him.

"Thank you ma'am."

Patting Harry's hand gently Minister Bones smiled. "There is no need to thank me Harry. Now, the Headmaster and I will leave you two alone."

She then got up from her seat and so did Albus with one last gentle squeeze of Harry's shoulder. They then all said their goodbyes, and Albus left through the floo with the Minister close behind.

As soon as the two left Severus looked at Harry. "How does your stomach feel?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I guess it's a bit upset."

Severus nodded. "Thank you for telling me Harry."

He then summoned a vial of stomach soother and handed it to the boy." Drink it up Harry and then how about some warm soup?"

Harry nodded and did as his Professor told him to. He slightly grimaced at the taste and then handed the vial back to Severus.

While Harry was drinking the stomach soother Severus had quietly called a house elf to get a cup of vegetable soup for Harry. As soon as Severus had accepted the empty vial from Harry the House Elf popped back in and handed Severus the mug of soup.

Wrapping a napkin that was on the table around the mug so that it would not be too hot for the boy to hold he then handed it to the child.

"Slow sips Harry, there are chunks of vegetables in it."

Harry nodded and remembered to take breaths between sips. It was hard to pace himself, but he was trying. He really was.

When Harry set down the less the half-empty mug of soup on the table Severus looked at the boy concerned.

"Are you not hungry Harry?"

Slowly Harry shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"That's ok, you did have a lot of vegetables. Do you want to want to work more on your homework or would you like to do something else?"

"Can...can we go for a walk?"

"I think that can be arranged. Maybe we will even run into your friends."

Harry nodded looking enthusiastic. Severus then got up and summoned two warm looking jackets. "It's getting cold out there. I don't want you getting a chill."

Harry nodded and took the jacket from Severus. Slowly he put the jacket on and zipped up the front. Severus did the same and then put an arm around Harry's shoulders.

"How about out by the lake?"

Harry nodded and Severus sent a silent patronus to Minerva asking her the send his two friends down by the lake. It would be a good place for the three to talk and Severus could be by, but yet be discreet.

"Come on then." The two then exited Severus's chambers.