Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Right outside Severus's rooms though Severus remembered Harry's injured ankle. With that in mind Severus summoned up a pair or crutches and laid a calming hand on the boy's shoulder. Harry turned to look at the man with a hint of confusion on his face when he saw the crutches.
Nightmares
Right outside Severus's rooms though Severus remembered Harry's injured ankle. With that in mind Severus summoned up a pair or crutches and laid a calming hand on the boy's shoulder. Harry turned to look at the man with a hint of confusion on his face when he saw the crutches.

When Severus saw the confusion in the boys eyes he tried to explain the best he could. "Just to keep pressure off your ankle. Don healed you, but I don't want to take any chances."

Harry nodded and accepted the crutches. When Harry put them under his armpits and tried to walk though Severus stopped him again with a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Have you ever walked with crutches before?"

Harry shook his head and looked down a bit clearly embarrassed. Tenderly Severus placed two finders under Harry chin and lifted it up so that they met eyes.

"There is no need to be ashamed for not knowing how to do something. When you need help all you need to do is ask."

As Harry nodded Severus came behind the boy and showed him hand over hand how to use the crutches so that the would not end up with sore armpits later. When the child managed, a few steps on his own Severus let a small smile grace his face.

"Very good Harry!"

Shyly the child looked up at his Professor and returned the smile. Severus then placed a soft hand on the boy's back and gently guided him out of the dungeons and onto the grounds very careful to avoid any students who happened to be wandering around.

When they arrived outside Harry was slightly panting and sweating a bit. Concerned Severus looked down at the child.

"Tired Harry?"

Harry gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "I guess a little."

Nodding at the boy Severus let out a small sigh. "There is a small bench by the black lake do you think you can make it down? I think I see a couple of people waiting for you."

Harry looked down to the lake and let a smile grace his face when he saw Hermione, Ron, and the twins. Then, looking up at the Professor he mumbled something that was even too quiet for Severus to hear.

"What did you say Harry?"

"Can...can you help me?"

Severus gave a small smile while he picked up the boy with one hand and grabbed the crutches with the other. "It would be my pleasure Harry."

Harry held on tight to Severus's robes while he was carried down to his friends. Severus knew this might ruin his reputation, but he knew with the twins already knowing what they did that was already gone with them, and he figured that if he had guardianship over Harry it would eventually be ruined with the other two as well. Might as well get it over with. As long as the four did not go blabbing around the school that he actually had a heart he could deal with them seeing who he truly was.

Before the two could reach the four by the lake though, Severus stopped for a moment and looked down at the boy in his arms.

"Would you like me to have a word with them before seeing to you so they don't ask too many questions?"

Harry shook his head. "I...I think I'll be ok."

Severus nodded his head glad that the boy was taking some kind of independence. Harry had been clingy over the past day and he was slightly worries. Was it normal for a twelve year old to attach himself like he had? He would have to have a word with Don later. "If you need me use your necklace to contact me. I'll be collecting some potion ingredients by the entrance to the Forbidden Forest."

Nodding his head Harry mumbled a quick thank you while Severus hugged the child close to his chest.

"There is no need to thank me Harry."

With that Severus continued his trek down the hill and towards the Black Lake. When he reached the four to his amusement he saw two gaping jaws and two sly smiles. Setting the child down on the bench and placing the crutches down leaning against it Severus turned to the two fly catchers.

"The poor frogs around here will starve if you catch all their fly's."

Quickly Hermione's mouth closed, but it took another second before Ron's could. Yes the twins had convinced him that his snarky Professor could help Harry, but never in a million years could he ever imagine that his Professor would be carrying him!

After their mouths did close, Severus turned to the smirking twins. "Could I have a word with you two for a moment?"

They both nodded and followed the Professor a little ways away. As soon as they reached their destination the twins looked at his teacher seriously, it was Fred who spoke though.

"Is Harry ok sir?"

Sighing Severus looked at the twins very impressed with their maturity. They were all jokes and games, but when it really mattered they were quite amazing young men. If he were honest with himself he would admit that he quite admired their demeanor.

"He will be, but he is very fragile. I wanted to ask you whether you could keep an eye on him for me when I cannot be around."

Quickly the twins both nodded, and both responded at the same time. "Anything for our brother."

Severus gave a smile, but quickly put his mask back up before the boys could see it. "If Harry ever needs me and is too upset to call for me that chain around his neck has a pendent on it, just hold it, and say Severus Snape. I will be there as soon as I can."

The twins nodded and Severus continued before he turned to go to the forbidden forest. "Oh, and twenty points to Gryffindor for loyalty to your house mate and ten points for being such mature young men."

Severus then turned his back to the two young men and with his robes billowing behind him he dramatically made his way to the forest. Holding in their laughter and glee the twins took a moment to compose themselves before heading back to where the others were.

When they arrived Harry was sitting on the bench with Hermione next to and an arm around his shoulder. Ron though was before him with an incredulous look on his face. Fred came and sat on Harry's other side, and George came and rested his arm on his little brother drawing him a bit closer to him as if seeking to comfort the boy from the shock he was obviously feeling. Quietly George whispered something in his ear, and the boy seemed to relax a bit as he nodded while leaning a bit more into his older brother.

Gently Fred placed an arm around Harry's shoulder as Hermione removed her's. "How are you doing Harry?"

Looking over at Fred he shrugged his shoulders. "Better; a lot better."

Smiling at the boy Fred nodded. "I am so glad to hear that Harry. I know you were hurting before."

"Professor Snape is now my guardian."

With that bombshell dropped Ron stood open-mouthed again and Hermione seemed to still for a few moments. The twins though just sat and stood there as if they had expected this new bit of information.

Ron then closed his mouth and opened it again as if he was to speak, but closed it again with an audible snap. Hermione though seemed to recover and was the first of the four to speak.

"How do you feel about that Harry?"

"I...I think I'm really glad. He...he's been really nice, and I think...I can trust him."

Fred and George smiled and nodded while their little brother relaxed again at what Harry had said. He had yet to speak with Harry first in too much shock to utter a word and then scared that he might explode at Harry if he tried. Now though Ron was getting himself under control again, and could not help but think that maybe this would be a good situation for Harry even if it was the snarky bad of the dungeon. Anything would be better than what he figured happened at the muggles home.

"When do you think you will be coming back to the dorms?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders and told them everything that had happened that morning including the part about him and Severus going to the clinic for a few days. When he was finished, George's grip around his shoulder tightened a bit more when he pulled the boy closer to his side knowing that the boy must have really had been hurt for their Professor take him away from Hogwarts.

"I'm glad Harry that someone is looking out for you. You know that we are your friends, and you can always talk to one of us if you want to; about anything."

Harry nodded. "Thank you."

The four continued their chat for a while until Severus came back from collecting different mosses and barks from various trees for his potions. It was getting close to dinner and Severus wanted to get the child back inside before it got dark. Plus he would never admit it, but he was a bit nervous about leaving Harry alone.

When he reached the boy much to his amusement, he saw Harry's eyes light up as if he were happy to see the dour man. Carefully he shrank his new ingredients and stuck them in his pocket.

"Do you think you have enough energy to walk?"

As Harry yawned he blushed to show his embarrassment. Hiding a gin Severus nodded, he then banished the crutches back to his rooms now knowing that he would not need then again while they were out. He then came over and picked Harry up into his arms.

"Say goodbye to your friend's Harry. You will see them in a few days when we come back from the clinic."

Harry nodded and said his shy goodbyes. Ron and Hermione echoed Harry, but the twins also thanked the Professor as he left. Before Severus got too far though, George remembered their potion brewing that was supposed to be tonight.

"We'll see you next week when we brew?"

Severus tuned his head and gave a small nod. Appreciating that both the twins knew what he was talking about, but the sentence was structured so that anyone else listening in could just confuse it for their regular potion lessons. Silently he gave another five points to Gryffindor for cleverness. Merlin he was getting soft! Awarding points to a Gryffindor!

He then walked up the hill with Harry in his arms and noticed when they were halfway there that Harry had buried his head into Severus chest and began to shiver slightly. Concerned he looked down at the small bundle he was carrying.

"Are you ok Harry?"

"Cold."

Carefully while he was still moving towards his rooms, he wrapped the child in the excess of his robes trying to warm the boy up. He hadn't thought it was that cold out, and the boy did have a jacket on. Did the boy have another fever or maybe Harry was weaker than he thought? Shrugging those thoughts away Severus turned all his attention to getting the boy inside and warmed up.

When they reached Severus's rooms he quickly muttered the password and let both him and the still shivering child inside. Severus then carried the boy over to the couch and set him down in front of the fire all the while wrapping him in a warm blanket and taking off his jacket.

After a few minutes of shuffling around making some hot chocolate, Severus came and sat down next to the child on the couch handing him some chocolate as he did.

"How are you now Harry? Still, cold?"

Looking down to the warm chocolate in his hands Harry took a sip and then answered. "I'm fine sir."

Severus nodded and looked a bit relieved, but he was still worried. He then placed his chocolate down and looked at the boy. "Do you mind if I feel your forehead for a moment?"

Harry shook his head and allowed the Potion Master to place his calloused hand on his forehead. In fact, Harry lent into the touch soaking up the comfort.

Slightly Severus smiled at the boy, glad that he felt no hint of fever and slightly amused at the boy's antics. He then removed his hand and again picked up his chocolate.

"Drink up Harry, it will help you warm up."

Harry did as Severus bid and started to drink down the warm liquid. This time he was very careful to try to follow Don and Severus's instructions to drink slowly, it seemed to be getting easier every time he ate.

When Harry placed the more than half-empty mug down on the table Severus nodded in approval. He then scooped Harry up and deposited him on his lap.

"You did very well Harry not sipping too fast. How does your stomach feel?"

Leaning back into Severus Harry gave a small nod. "It's all right."

"That's good to head Harry. That chocolate had a lot of milk in it so you should be ok to eat some dinner. How does that sound? Do you want to try something more solid than soup?"

"If it's not too rich, please."

"I think we can do that. How about some mashed potatoes, green beans, and a touch of plain baked chicken?"

Harry nodded. "That sounds wonderful."

Hearing that in the next moment Severus summoned a house elf and special ordered their meals. Then, giving the boy one last squeeze he deposited him on feet in front of him.

"Are you warm enough to take the blanket off?"

Harry nodded and started to unwrap himself. Severus helped and they eventually had the child untangled. Then, standing up himself Severus placed the now folded blanket on the couch and led the boy over to the table. A moment later their dinner appeared on the table, and they both sat down to eat.

It was slow going for both of them. Harry was making sure to chew at least five times before he swallowed each bite and Severus still had little appetite so he barely picked at his meal. When the two decided that they were finished Severus banished their plates away and pulled Harry's chair so that they were now facing each other.

"There are still some things we need to discuss Harry; about me being your guardian."

Slowly Harry nodded somewhat knowing where the discussion was going, or so he thought.

"I promise I will not be like your relatives in any way, but I will still have rules you need to follow and have consequences."

Slowly Harry let out a sigh thinking in the back of his mind that he had known that once his Professor had spent some time with him he would really figure out what a freak he was. He was twelve after all and just learned how to tie a shoe, something even a four-year old could do.

Severus saw the look that crossed Harry's eyes as soon as he had mentioned rules and let out a sigh of his own. He had put this conversation out-of-the-way long enough and he was regretting bringing up even now, but they had to talk about this. He wanted to lay everything out on the table so to speak so he did not surprise of frighten the child in the future. So with another deep breath Severus tried to continue with his train of thought.

"I have only three rules for you to follow while you are here."

That caught Harry's attention and he looked up from his lap curiously. His relatives had about a hundred times that many.

"The first rule is that you must never lie to me. I cannot help you if you are not truthful to me. The second rule is you must keep your room neat. A few messes now and then are fine, but I require that you at least make your bed every day. Lastly, I ask that you not put yourself in any danger nor cause any harm to someone else."

Harry nodded; those rules were fair. A first in his short life. He was used to difficult rules that were almost impossible to follow and horrible consequences that would occur when he could not follow them. He could not help, but wonder what his Professor's punishments would be though. Would they be just as bad as his relatives? He had said though that he would not beat him though...

"As for the consequences to those actions. I will set out lines for you, have cauldrons for you to scrub and when we are at home maybe some garden work for you to accomplish. The last rule though is a bit different. I feel that if you were to purposely put yourself in harm's way, or someone else in danger it should have a more serious result. Therefore, you would receive a spanking. Now, it would be nothing like what your relatives did; not at all. You would lie across my lap, and it would only be my hand against your bum."

Severus expected one of two things to happen then. Either Harry would become upset at him and throw a fit, or he would cower in fear and start crying. He really hated throwing the spanking in there, but after last year with Harry's stunt with the Sorceress Stone he wanted to nip Harry's dangerous streak in the bud. What Severus had expected to happen with Harry and how the boy did react though were two different stories entirely.

Harry just sat they're nodding his head. "I understand."

Severus was almost floored. "You do Harry? Can you tell me how you feel right now?"

Shrugging his shoulders slightly Harry looked down to his lap again. "I guess a bit nervous, but Aunt Petunia spanked Dudley sometimes, and she would never hurt him. She loved him too much."

Severus sighed and closed his eyes for a moment reacting from the silently spoken words the boy had said. "She loved him too much, but not me." He then reached over and gently picked the child up under his armpits and deposited him on him sideways on his lap hugging the child close to his chest.

"Trust me when I say this Harry. I care too much about you to ever hurt you. A spanking might sting your bum a bit, but it will fade away the next day; I will never cause bruises or welts to appear. That is a promise."

Harry nodded against Severus's chest. His mind still reeling with different emotions he could not put a name too. He was still nervous about his Potion Master spanking him, but strangely he felt a warm feeling in his chest. He guessed it was because Aunt Petunia always said that she spanked Dudley because she cared for him, and now someone was essentially saying that to him...that he cared about a freak?

With a small sigh Harry pushed those thoughts away for another time. He had no intention of putting his life or someone else's in danger so he didn't really feel the need to worry over it too much. He would deal with all these feelings when and if the time ever came.

Harry then buried his face in Severus's robes soaking up all the comfort he could while listening to his Potions Professor's heart. Again, Harry could not understand why hearing the Professor's heart beat could be so comforting, but instead of questioning it too much he just accepted it and soaked in the comfort.

Silently Severus sighed as Harry cuddled up against him. For the last few minutes while Harry had been thinking he had been lightly scanning the boy's mind looking for any signed of fear or panic, but he had only found a boy who refused to really think about what he had been told. In one way he was slightly relieved that the child did not seem to be dwelling on the unpleasant, but it also scared him a bit. If Harry was truly going to heal, he was going to have to think of the more unpleasant things, and it would not help if he just pushed away the thoughts as he did this. Again Severus sighed again as he added one more thing to his list of things to talk to Don about.

Deciding that he would push the child no further he gently brushed the hair away from the side of Harry's face and tilted the boy's chin up so that they were meeting eyes. "Do you want to go get ready for bed now? It is still a bit early, but I think some extra rest would do you some good."

Harry nodded and started to get off Severus's lap. Severus let the boy get up, but before he could leave for the bathroom he placed a hand on Harry's shoulder. Silently he cast a waterproof charm on Harry's cast and then gave the child a warm smile.

"If you need any help at all let me know."

As Harry nodded Severus removed his hand and then watched the child leave the kitchen and head for the bathroom. After the boy entered the bathroom, Severus remembered Harry had nothing to change in to again, something they were going to have to remedy soon, and went to his bedroom to fetch a pair of his own pajamas.

Shrinking the clothing to Harry's size he went back to the bathroom and knocked on the door hearing the shower running. When he received no reply Severus called that he just had some clothing for him to change into. He then heard a very quiet come in muffled from the sounds of the shower.

Slowly Severus opened the door and sighed in relief when he saw the shadow figure behind the curtain. He really didn't want a repeat of what had happened last night when the boy had fallen over. He then made his way to the sink and placed the clothing and a clean towel down.

"I put a towel and some pajamas for you on the sink Harry. Take as long as you want I know how good a hot shower feels after a long day."

"Yes sir."

With that Severus left the room and closed the door behind him. He then went and fished out a potion journal that he had yet to read from his bookshelf and sat himself down in his chair in the living room. Ten minutes later he heard the bathroom door close again and looked up to find a wet haired boy. Silently he got out his chair and came over to the boy extending his hand for the child to take.

As soon as the child clasped his hand Severus let a small smile grace his face. "Let's get you to bed then, shall we?"

Harry gave a shy nod and walked with his teacher to the room he had slept in the night before. When they arrived at the room Severus helped the boy up onto the bed while he silently reminded himself to make it a bit shorted to make it easier for the child. Then, tucking the child in bed Severus told him if he needed anything to come and get him or use the pendent to fetch him.

While Harry yawned he gave a small nod. The boy then closed his eyes, and it was mere moments before he was sleeping soundly. Seeing the sleeping boy Severus smiled again.

"Sleep well child."

He then left the room closing to door behind him and went back to the living room to relax a little before he went to bed himself.

Just a half hour later though, Severus heard screaming coming from Harry's room. Sighing slightly he jumped out of his chair rushing to Harry's room leaving his journal forgotten.

Opening the door he saw Harry tangled in his sheets screaming for his life. Taking a deep breath to calm himself he strode over to the boy and quickly detangled him from his sheets. Then, sitting down on the edge of the bed Severus pulled the boy into his lap. Gently he cradled the boy against his chest rocking him and rubbing soothing circles on his back while mumbling soft words of comfort.

Slowly Harry's screams quieted and turned into deep sobs as Harry opened his eyes. While Harry buried his head into Severus's chest, the man ignored the wet spot he now felt on his lap focusing souly on calming the child down.

"Shhhh It's ok Harry; you're safe at Hogwarts. No one here will hurt you. I've got you."

Severus continued to speak soft words of comfort until Harry's crying slowed into small whimpers. As soon as Severus felt Harry start to calm he shifted him slightly so that he head was now resting on his shoulder. Calmly he looked down at the still distraught boy.

"Do you want to talk about it Harry?"

Blushing the boy looked down at his lap realizing that he wet himself. He then tried as hard as he could wiggle himself away from the man not wanting to soil the man with his filth. Severus's arms though just encircled Harry tighter to his chest.

"It's ok Harry, just relax. There is no need to move."

Harry relaxed from his struggles and slumped against the Professor's chest more out of pure exhaustion then agreeing with the man. Quietly he buried his face into the man's robes and started to sob. "I'm...I'm sorry...I'm...so...so...disgusting..."

Stroking the child's hair back Severus sighed. "No Harry, you are not disgusting. You had a perfectly natural reaction to a frightening dream."

Harry continued to cry for a few more minutes and then Severus gently cupped the boy's cheek and tilted his face up so that they could see each other.

"Can you tell me about you're dream? It will make you feel better."

Slowly Harry nodded, but clutched tightly to the man as if he were trying to stay grounded while he talked.

"I...I was...c...cooking breakfast...a...and I burned the bacon. Aunt Petunia...she...she was really mad. She...she yelled at me...a...and then...and then...she forced my hand onto the stove...it burned...so bad..."

Hugging the child close to his chest Severus closed his eyes. He then gently pried Harry's right hand from his robes and opened it so that he could see the palm. Sure enough there were burn marks that looked to be made from a muggle stove. Looking at the hand for another moment he then set it free and gently stroked the tears from Harry's face.

"What she did was wrong Harry; she had no right to hurt you. I might not have been able to stop her then, but I promise you she will never lay a hand on you again."

Harry slowly nodded and clutched a little tighter to his Professor. Gently Severus continued to stroke Harry's hair for a few more minutes.

"Why don't we get you cleaned up, hmm?"

Harry gave a small nod and Severus got off the bed with the boy still in his arms. Carefully he carried the child to the bathroom and when he got there he set him down on the toilet. He then knelt down in front of the child and patted his knee.

"I'm going to go grab some fresh clothes; I'll be right back. Ok?"

Still looking down at his lap Harry nodded. So patting Harry on the knee again Severus stood up and started to draw a bath.

"I'll be right back Harry."

With that Severus left the room and came back a few moments later with a new set of shrunken pajamas, at this rate he was going to run out by the end of the week. He then set the clothes on the sink and came over to turn the water off for it was the proper height.

With a reassuring smile Severus came over and knelt before the boy again.

"I know you're sleepy Harry, so I shall help you. Ok?"

Harry gave a small nod, he was tired and he wouldn't be surprised if he fell asleep in the tub. With that nod Severus set to work by gently unbuttoning Harry's pajama shirt and pulling it up over his head. Then, he Severus stood up, and placed the boy on his feet quickly pulling the boy's pants and shorts down to his ankles.

"Let's get you in the tub, hmmm?"

With that Severus lifted the boy up and deposited him in the tub. As soon as Harry felt that warm water on his skin he insistently relaxed. He really did love soaking in warm water whether it was in the form of a shower or bath.

While Harry soaked in the tub Severus left to change his own clothes that had become wet as well with Harry's accident. Quickly Severus changed into his own pajamas and went back to the bathroom. He didn't want to leave Harry for too long in case he fell asleep in the water.

Coming back into the bathroom Severus let a small smile escape his lips as he saw Harry lying in the bath with his eyes closed. He then grabbed up the warm and fluffy towel from the sink and came over to the side of the tub.

"Are you ready to come out and try to get some more sleep?"

Harry nodded with his eyes still closed. "Sleepy."

"I know child, let's get you back to bed."

With that Severus put the towel down for a moment and helped Harry stand up in the tub catching him as he slipped slightly. He then picked the towel back up and wrapped it firmly around the boy who had reluctantly reopened his eyes. Another yawn escaped Harry mouth and Severus gave the boy a small smile.

"Do you need some help dressing, or do you think you're awake enough for that."

Harry let out another yawn and shrugged his shoulders.

"A little help then?"

Harry nodded and Severus helped the child step out of the tub. The man then patted the child dry and dressed him in his new pajamas. When he deemed Harry clean and properly dressed Severus picked him up and carried him to his bedroom.

Before setting the boy on the bed, he banished the soiled sheets and replaced them with another set with just the flick of the wand. He then pulled down the sheets and tucked Harry under the covers snuggly for the second time that night. Brushing the boy's hair back from his forehead Severus then gently took the glasses from the boy's face again and placed them on the nightstand.

As Harry closed his eyes he felt a small breeze of cold air and then a light pressure on his forehead where Severus gently kissed him.

"Have pleasant dreams my child."

That was the last thing Harry heard before he was off into the land of nod.

That night seemed more eventful for Severus than he had ever thought was possible. Harry had two more nightmares after the first one, but none so bad that the poor boy wet his bed again. Thank goodness. By the last one though, Severus was exhausted and had given up sleeping in his own bed. He had just curled up on Harry's bed holding the child close to him as the boy clutched to his pajamas as if I his life depended on it.

It was Don who found the two the next morning curled up together on the boy's bed and could not help, but smile at the sight. The man stood in the doorway for a long moment before conjuring a magical camera and taking a picture. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up.

He then placed the camera down on the desk by the door and proceeded to the bed sitting in the chair next to it. Gently he rested a hand on Severus's shoulder and was met with two sleepy eyes looking up at him.

"Rough night?"

Severus was normally an early riser waking up around eight instead of the now ten in the morning. That was why Don had come to check on his boys for he had expected Severus to contact him by now to go on their little shopping trip. It was always good to bring an extra person with them shopping especially when you have a child who might become afraid at any turn.

Careful of the child still in his arms Severus gave a small nod to the man. He then gently extracted himself from the boy and sat on the edge of the bed. As soon as Harry had felt the loss of the warm body though, he started to whine a little in his sleep and reach out to try to reclaim what was lost. With a small sigh Severus took hold of both they boy's hands with his own and gave a small smile when the child relaxed considerably.

Moving both the boy's hands into just one of his own Severus then reached up and fondly cupped the boy's cheek. Turning to Don he gave the man a sad look.

In a low voice Severus, then warned the Healer what he had seen last night. "You need to check both his hands for damaged nerves. His Aunt thought it a fitted punishment to burn them on the stove for extended periods of time."

Don slowly extended his head to show that he had acknowledged Severus's words. "Is there anything else I should know?"

Severus then explained everything that had happened yesterday and his concerns about Harry brushing off things a little too quickly for him to process them.

Don just nodded and added that to his list as well of things he needed to discuss with the small boy. "How many nightmares did he have last night?"

"Three too many. Also is it normal for Harry to be so clingy?"

Don sighed and shook his head at how many nightmares the boy had last night. He indeed had a lot of work ahead of him. He looked up though when Severus asked his question and gave the man a small smile. "Look at it this way Severus. You are likely the first person to ever show that you care about the boy. You were just two years older when Albus took you into his home and I remember you doing the same thing at first. What were you feeling?"

Severus blushed a bit and look down at the still sleeping child. "I just wanted to make sure that he would not disappear; that I was not dreaming."

Nodding Don gave Severus a soft smile. "Don't worry Severus he will get better. It's ten in the morning though Severus; we really should get going if you want to be home tonight."

Sighing slightly Severus nodded and then gently rested his hand on the boy's shoulder shaking it slightly.

"It's time to wake up Harry."

That was all it took for two sleepy eyes to open up and look at the man who just woke him. Severus gave the boy a slight smile and then patted the boy gently on the shoulder.

"Good morning."

After giving a small yawn, Harry gave a small smile of his own. "Good morning sir."

"It's ten in the morning sleepy head. How do you feel about some breakfast?"

Harry nodded and moved to sit up on the bed. The two adults let him sit up and then next thing Severus knew he had a child hugging his side.

"What's wrong child?"

"Nervous."

"About going to the clinic today?"

Slowly Harry's head moved up and down against Severus's side.

"Don't worry Harry, I'll be with you the entire time."

Again Harry nodded. "Thank you"

"No need to thank me Harry. Now why don't I grab something to change into then, we can have something to eat before we go shopping. Sound ok?"

Unclutching his Professor's side Harry nodded again.

"I'll be right back, ok Harry?"

With another nod from Harry Severus got off the bed and made way for his bedroom for a set of robes for the child.

While Severus was out of the room Don came and sat next to the boy on the bed. Gently he placed the boy's glass on his face and placed an arm around the boy giving him a side long hug.

"How are you doing Harry? Severus said you had some nightmares last night."

Shrugging his shoulders Harry looked down ashamed. Gently Don placed a hand underneath Harry's chin and lifted it so that he could look into his eyes.

"Don't be ashamed Harry. You can tell me anything, and I won't judge you."

Slowly Harry nodded and leaned into Don accepting the comfort that he was being given. Moments later Severus came back into the room dressed and carrying new clothing for the boy.

Gently Don freed himself for the boy's grip and accepted the clothing from Severus. He then placed the clothing on Harry's lap and gave the child a smile when he looked up at him.

Patting him on the knee Don got off the bed. "We'll give you a bit of privacy to change. When your finished meet us in the kitchen, ok?"

Harry gave a small nod and the two men left the room closing the door quietly behind them. Coming into the kitchen Don called a house elf and ordered breakfast for the three of them. He then sat down at the table with Severus across from him. Gently he laid a hand on Severus and smiled at the man when he looked up at him.

"We'll work on his nightmares today as well, and maybe you can get a nap in as well."

Severus nodded and the food popped onto the table. The next moment a small boy appeared in the doorway in his fresh clothes. Shyly he scuffed his shoe on the floor and looked down.

Severus shot a small smile at Don and then looked over at Harry. "Come on in Harry and have a seat."

Slowly Harry looked up from his feet and gave the two a small smile. He then came and sat in the empty chair looking greedily at the food in front of him.

"Go ahead Harry, but remember to pace yourself and drink your milk first."

Harry nodded and picked up his glass of milk. First he finished half the glass and then he picked up his scrambled eggs and small bowl of fruit looked wonderful to the boy. When he placed the first bite of eggs in his mouth, he closed his eyes and savored the taste. Although he had been eating regular meals all yesterday, this was the first time he really tasted how wonderful it was and really realized how much he loved eggs.

Severus smiled at Harry's reaction to the food in front of him. He thought the boy might enjoy this breakfast and that is why he had asked Don to order it for him. With that thought Severus grabbed his own fork and started to eat.

The meal continued without incident, Harry really focusing on taking his time on his food and Severus being silently coached into eating more food by Don. When the three were done with their meals Severus silently banished the dishes and placed a hand on Harry's arm.

"Ready to go for an adventure?"

Harry slowly nodded, but looked down at his lap.

"Don't be nervous Harry, Don, and I will be there with you the whole time."

Harry seemed to relax a bit as he looked up at Severus who gave him a small smile.

"I'm going to put a glamor on you though, so that no one will recognize you."

Harry nodded. "I...think it would make me feel better."

Severus nodded. "That's what I thought as well. Now, it will only take a few seconds."

Severus waved his wand over the child and slightly altered Harry's appearance, making Harry's hair slightly longer and lighter and the features on his face a bit more elongated.

When he was done, Harry gave a small smile at Severus.

"Are you ok with going by Harold while we are out?"

Harry gave a small nod and Severus summoned the jacket that Harry had worn the day before. Tucking it slightly around the boy Severus then summoned his own and put it on.

"Ready to go Harry, or would you like to use the restroom before we go?"

Blushing Harry nodded. "I'm fine, sir."

Smiling Severus nodded getting off his chair and offered a hand to the child to help him up. Taking the Hand Harry got up and followed both Severus and Don to the floo. Before they flooed to Hogsmead though, Don stopped Severus and handed a potion to Harry.

"A stomach soother so you won't get an upset stomach when you floo."

Harry nodded and drank the potion down in one gulp. Then, handing the vial back to Don he took hold of Severus's hand again and nodded when Severus made sure he was ok.

The three then flooed away to Hogsmead to get some new things for Harry.