Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Arriving through the floo Harry found himself stumbling forward, but before he could fall he felt two strong hands holding him upright. Looking up to smile at Severus who had stopped his fall he blushed a little when he saw the concern on Severus's face.
Small Comforts
Arriving through the floo Harry found himself stumbling forward, but before he could fall he felt two strong hands holding him upright. Looking up to smile at Severus who had stopped his fall he blushed a little when he saw the concern on Severus's face.

"You ok there Harold?"

Harry nodded. "Thank you sir."

"No problem Harold, let's get going hmm?"

Again, Harry nodded as Severus removed his hands from his shoulders. He then looked around and found that they were now standing in Hogs Head Pub. Relaxing slightly when he realized where he was he fell in step behind Severus and next to Don as they left the pub to run their errands.

As soon as they stepped outside though Harry froze getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of people going in every direction. He was so caught up that when he felt Don place a calming hand on his shoulder he jumped and flinched slightly because he had not expected the touch.

"It's just me Harold."

Harry slightly relaxed when he saw it was Don, and the Healer started to send a bit of calming magic into the boy to calm him further. As Don took care of Harry Severus looked back and gave a small nod to Don thanking him.

As soon as Harry was calm enough the three made their way down the street towards Gladrags Wizardwear. Before they got there though, Severus felt a small tap on his arm. Turning he found a worried looking boy shuffling his feet nervously. Sighing slightly Severus knelt down before the child so that he could hear him better in the crowded street.

"What is it Harold?"

"I don't have any money. Can we go to Gringotts first?"

Severus gave the boy a small reassuring smile. "No we aren't, because I am paying today. I am now your guardian and am responsible for your needs, and I want to buy you some nice things."

"Are...are you sure?"

Patting the child on his shoulder Severus got up off the ground. "I'm positive."

When Severus saw the child relax into Don's hand that still rested on his shoulder he turned and again led the other two to the clothing store. Arriving at the store they were immediately bombarded with an over enthusiastic store clerk.

"Can I help you three?"

Pinching his nose in annoyance at the woman's high-pitched squeaky voice Severus reluctantly nodded. "Harold here needs a whole new wardrobe. What he has now is inadequate."

The woman nodded and extended a hand for the boy to take. Harry though did not take the hand and instead hid behind Severus clutching to the man's robes. Reaching behind him Severus gently rubbed the boy's back and pushed him forward slightly.

"It's ok Harold she just wants to get your measurements and help you find some clothes that will fit."

Harry gave a small nod, but still clung to Severus as if his life depended on it. He really didn't want to be alone with a stranger. When he saw that Harry wouldn't move forward anymore on his own Severus sighed and looked at the woman who he noticed was becoming impatient.

"Ma'am, would it be ok if I went with him?"

The store clerk gave the boy a somewhat exasperated look and then looked back up at Severus. "Sure, but he will need to stand on his own when I measure him."

Severus gave a small nod and the two followed the woman while Don sat in a chair by the door. His boys should be fine without him they didn't really need him hovering over their every move.

Leading Severus and Harry towards the pedestal where Harry would have to stand to have his measurements done the store clerk grabbed a clipboard as they passed a desk. When they reached their destination Severus helped the boy up onto the pedestal so that he was now standing a head taller than Severus.

Smiling gently Severus looked at the boy with his hands on his hips. "My look how you grew! You're taller than me!"

Harry just gave Severus a grin. One that made Severus's heart flutter and melt simultaneously. It was Lily's smile; Lily's beautiful smile. Taking a deep breath to help him reign in his emotions Severus patted the boy on the arm. He then moved away a step and let the woman do her work. When she was done, she looked at Severus.

"What color's would you like his shirts and trousers to be?"

Raising an eyebrow Severus just looked at the woman for a moment. "They are not for me they are for the boy. Why don't you ask him what he would like?"

Turning around to face the boy the lady asked Harry what colors he wold like. Hearing the small voice the clerk took out her clipboard and quickly jotted down everything he said. She then turned back to Severus still writing done some notes.

"So just to make sure what you mean by a full wardrobe you want ten shirts, ten jumpers, ten pairs of trousers, ten pairs of socks, a cloak and shoes?"

Severus nodded. "Add a pair of mittens, a hat, winter boots, five sets of pajamas, and three sets of school robes. Also please throw in four sets of pajamas for me, my size and preferences are on file."

Writing everything Severus said down the clerk nodded. With her head still down all the items that had been mentioned in the right size started to float out of the backroom and into bags by the front register. Then, pointing with the end of her quill to the register she mumbled that everything was ready and that they could check out if that was all they wanted.

Again, Severus nodded and helped the boy down from where he was standing.

"Let's go get your clothes ok?"

Harry gave a small nod and followed the man up to the register. When they got there though Harry pulled a bit on Severus's arm to get his attention. The man turned to look at the child and gave him a reassuring look.

"Yes Harold?"

"I...I can pay you back."

Sighing slightly Severus knelt before the boy again and laced a hand on his shoulder. Looking right into Harry's eyes Severus saw that he was going to have to repeat this more then just this one time. "There is no need Harry. I want to buy you nice things; you deserve them."

Harry looked down clearly embarrassed with what Severus had told him so Severus just patted the boy on the shoulder and got off the floor not wanting to push the matter any further given the boy's reaction. Turning back to the man behind the register Severus asked what everything cost.

"Thirty galleons, five sickles, and three knuts."

Severus handed over the money and then took hold of the bags, shrinking them and then placed them in his pockets. He the took Harry's hand he gave the boy a small smile.

"Let's go before Don falls asleep waiting for us, hmmm?"

Harry nodded and gave a small smile. With that the two made their way over to where Don was sitting. Smiling at the two Don got out his chair.

"You two ready?"

They both nodded, but Severus leaned over and whispered something in Don's ear. Don smiled and gave a small nod. The three then made it out of the store and back out onto the street. Quickly Severus led the other two through the crowds, but not back to the pub where Harry had thought they were heading. Instead, they were nearing Roz's Toy Shop.

Standing in front of the store Severus looked down at the boy and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"I want you to pick out three toys that you would enjoy. Don't worry about the price, ok?"

"Are...are you sure?"

"As ever. Now let's go in."

Severus then led the child inside with Don following close behind. Once inside Harry's eyes grew wide and looked around in awe. Removing his hand from Harry's Severus gently pushed the child further into the store. Harry had never been in a toy store before. When he had gone out with his relatives, he was always made to stand outside while Dudley got to pick out his presents. They always said Harry spoiled everything he touched, and they didn't want to have to pay for anything he touched or broke.

"Go pick some things out Harold."

Slowly Harry nodded and walked forward awe still written throughout his face. For a few minutes Harry just walked around the store, but occasionally he stopped and looked at something for a few moments. Severus watched Harry as he stopped at various points and made notes for what to get him at Christmas. It was never too early to be prepared for that. He had a feeling that the boy had never really had a proper Christmas, and he wanted to make this next holiday the best he could.

After fifteen minutes, Harry came back to Severus with one small plushy in his hands. It was a small all black kneazle with a small white spot of it's chest, and it looked very soft to touch.

Looking at the boy with a hit of concern Severus watched as Harry nervously shuffled his feet. "Is that all you want Harold?"

Harry gave a small nod and hugged the small kneazle to his chest. Giving a small smile Severus led the child over to the register. He figured they could make another trip another time to get the child more things, right now he was just glad that the child had found something that he really loved.

Paying for the small plushy Severus then took hold of the boy's hand and led him out of the store with Don behind them. Quickly they made their way back to the Hogs Head pub and flooed back to Severus's rooms.

After putting the clothing away, grabbing two sets of pajamas and having a quick lunch since it was noon the three flooed to Don's clinic.

As soon as they got there Harry hid behind Severus with his plushy clutched close to his chest. Gently Severus kept an arm around the nervous boy while Don went to the receptionist's desk to retrieve the number of an adjoined room he had reserved. When he retrieved the room number from the receptionist Don turned and gave Severus a quick nod. Returning the nod Severus then followed Don out of the lobby and to their new room.

When they reached the room Severus saw that there were two beds side by side and a night table in between. Walking to the furthest bed by the window Severus turned to the child who was still hiding behind him and clutching his robes.

Smiling gently at the boy Severus knelt down and gave the child a quick hug. "You ok there Harry?"

Harry gave a small nod and Severus stood up placing a calming hand on his shoulder. Unshrinking some of Harry's new pajamas that he had stuck in his pocket he handed them to the child.

"Why don't you get into these and then hop in bed. Ok? If you need anything we will be right out here."

Another nod came from the child and Severus pulled the privacy curtain around the bed to protect the child's modesty. He then walked over to the other bed and removed a set of his own pajamas, and a spare he had packed for Harry just in case. He had opted to bring their own clothes to the clinic instead of wearing those awful hospital gowns. He felt that it would be better for both of them not to have to worry about having their bottoms exposed to the world. He remembered the first time he had come here and how awful that was, he always felt so...exposed.

Pulling the curtains around his bed to change Severus sat down on the bed for a moment and let out a breath he ha dent realized he was holding. He hated coming to the clinic. If Harry had not needed to come Severus would have fought tooth and nail against both the Headmaster and Don. Accepting his fate he stood back up Severus started to take of his shoes and getting into his night clothes.

When he was finished he pulled back the curtain around his bed and gave a small smile when he saw Harry on the bed next to him tucked under the covers, hugging his new plushy. Before sitting back down on his bed and getting his own covers Severus picked up the boy's pajamas that he had sat on the bed and placed them on the bedside table.

He was really glad that they had made that impromptu visit to the toy store today. Harry really had needed a friend that he could hug at all times. The man also figured it might help with Harry clinging to him. If the child had something else to hug then maybe he would not cling to Severus as he did. Not that the man did not enjoy hugging the boy, not that he would ever tell anyone, it was just that he felt that was an action of a much younger child. Although, Don had said that it was normal and he had done such much the same when Albus had taken him in. Slightly frustrated with his thoughts Severus sighed and slightly shrugged his shoulders not really knowing what to think anymore.

Sometime while Severus was deep in thought Don had come back into the room and had drawn up a char to sit between the two beds. He had first looked at Severus who was deep and thought and smiled a little. The poor man always seems to run around in circles in his mind; he knew he would have to talk to him later about what was on his mind. He then looked over at the child who was looking at him intently and gave a gentle smile.

"Are you ready?"

Very hesitantly Harry nodded.

"Do you want me to pull the curtain to give you some privacy? I could perform a diagnostic charm as Severus did, but that tends to only catch major injuries. My Healing magic is more accurate, and I have to have skin to skin contact for that."

Slowly Harry shook his head and looked nervously down at his hands. "Can...can Professor Snape hold...hold my hand?"

Smiling Don gave a little motion with his head for Severus to come over and sit on the other side of the bed. With a quick switch of his wand Severus closed the door to the hallway and then came over to sit in the chair by the window grabbing the boy's hand as he did.

"I'm right here Harry and I won't go anywhere until you say it is ok to."

Harry clutched Severus's hand with the hand that was not occupied with the soft plushy and gave a small nod. "Th...thank you."

Don stood up from his chair and moved it back a bit so he had a little room to walk around. Gently he placed a hand on the child's shoulder to gain his attention.

"I'm going to start with your head and neck. Remember how I felt your neck before?"

When Don saw the nod he continued. "It's going to be just like that. I'm going to feel for any injuries, and you're going to feel that slight tingle."

With that Don started to examine the boy's head. Feeling all around looking for bumps, signs that the boy had ever hit his head or any healed cuts. Frowning slightly Don felt the remnants of many concussions as if the boy had been thrown against something frequently.

Sighing Don removed his hands and looked at the child concerned. "This is important Harry. Do you remember ever hitting your head and passing out?"

Harry gave a small nod after thinking for a few moments. He then looked at the Healer with a confused look not really understanding where Don was going with this.

"Did it just happen the once or did it happen more than that?"

Shrugging his shoulders Harry held both his plushy and Severus's hand a little tighter. "I...I don't really remember...a...few times?"

Sighing again Don just nodded. "I'm going to have to do a deeper scan on your head Harry. I want to make sure that there was no damage to your brain."

Harry rolled over a bit so that he was facing Severus and pulled the man's hand closer to his chest. Concerned Severus took his free hand and brushed the stray hair behind Harry's ear.

"Hey now Harry; it's ok."

Harry started to shake though, and tears started to roll down his cheeks. Looking up at Don for permission and when he saw the nod Severus magically widened the bed and got on next to the child. Pulling him to his chest Severus rubbed circles on his back and whispered soothing words into his ear.

When the boy calmed down enough Severus gently pulled Harry back from his chest and looked into his eyes.

"What's wrong child?"

"It...it's going to hurt!"

"No child it won't you'll just feel the same tingling as you did before, maybe a bit stronger."

"Will...will you stay here?"

Severus first looked at Don to see whether it was ok and then he nodded. "Yes Harry, right here. Just hold on to me."

Harry did and then Don's hands rested back onto Harry's head as he began to scan deeper looking for any brain damage. The scan in whole took about ten minutes, and unfortunately Don found a small damaged area. Not from hitting his head, but it seemed that the boy had been deprived of oxygen for a period of time causing some cells to die. The good news though was that it was just a small section and it would likely cause the child minimal trouble. He would only need a little extra tutoring here and there in his schoolwork.

Don then removed his hands from the boy's head and decided to keep that bit of information to himself for the moment. The boy was already distraught enough, and he didn't want to upset him any more than he had to at the moment.

"Ok Harry I'm going to move down to your neck now. You're going to have to roll over onto your back now."

Harry did as he was told, but was now half-lying on top of Severus. In any other circumstance the scene before him would bring a smile to Don's face. At the moment though he was too worried about the child to do anything, but make sure Harry was ok.

"Very good Harry."

Don then moved his hands over Harry's throat, feeling ever inch of it hoping that he had not missed anything last time. Don happily smiled at the boy glad that he had indeed not missed anything.

As he removed his hand, he looked at the boy in the eyes. "Severus is going to have to leave the bed now. We need to take off your shirt, and I need you to lie flat on your back."

Very hesitantly Harry nodded his head in understanding and Severus very carefully extracted himself from underneath the boy returning to the chair he had sat in before. The one part of him that had never left the bed though was the hand that was still intertwined with Harry's. Not once had he let go.

As Severus removed himself from the bed Don very carefully removed a pillow from behind Harry's head so that he was lying with his back completely on the bed. Gently Don then started to unbutton Harry's shirt and pull away the fabric from the boy's chest. When he was done, he gave a reassuring smile at Harry.

"Remember Harry, this will not hurt at all, just tingle a bit."

Again, Harry nodded and let Don place his hands on his shoulders. Slowly Don examined not only the boy's bones, but his internal organs, and magical core.

Twenty minutes he was done, and he removed his hand, but not before he quickly buttoned up Harry's shirt. He then carefully pulled up the boy's sleeves so that he could examine his arms. He had not wanted to completely remove the shirt figuring that it would embarrass the boy further so although a bit cumbersome it was the best he could do.

Don was not happy with what he had found on the small boy. Most of his organs seemed to be fine except for the known stomach lining issues and his bladder being a little weak. It seemed though that one of Harry's ribs had healed the wrong way and a point was dangerously close to puncturing his lung. Really it was a miracle that it had not happened already.

Moving on to Harry's hand he felt the recent breaks he knew resided in Harry's knuckles and made a mental note to ask what had happened there. Then, feeling the rest of Harry's arm and felt more old breaks Don let out a small sigh.

The healer then pulled down the sleeve and gently stroked the back of Harry's hand that was holding Severus's. "I need you to let go of Severus for a moment Harry so I can see your hand."

Reluctantly Harry's grip loosened and with a few more gentle prying let go. As soon as the Healer saw the hand and the many scars on it Don closed his eyes for a moment. He then pulled his magic forth and started to see whether the old wounds had done any lasting damage.

It seemed that the burns were extensive and had happened not just once, but many times over the years. As such, the nerves were damaged and Don was really amazed that the boy had any feeling at all and could hold a quill. One could do quite amazing things when they pushed themselves though, and he knew that Harry especially tried as hard as he could to be normal.

Placing the hand back down on the bed Don did a small smile when he saw Harry immediately slip his hand back in Severus's. He then got to work on Harry's other arm rolling up the sleeve and examining it much as he had the other. Feeling even more old breaks and the same burn marks on the boy's hand.

With that done Don sat down in his chair heavily, but gave the boy a small smile.

"You did very well Harry. I found a few things that concern me though. Do you remember when you hurt your chest a few months ago?"

Harry gave a shy nod and looked at the Healer intently.

"Well, it seems that when your bone healed it was not properly aligned and a part of it is very close to your lung. I can heal it very easily, but it is going to hurt a bit."

"Do...do you have to heal it?"

Giving the boy a sad smile Don gave a nod. "I do Harry. If I don't there is a chance it will puncture your lung and then it will be very hard for you to breathe."

Harry gave another small nod and Don continued as gentle as he could. Tenderly taking Harry's hand that was wrapped around his plushy he held it much like Severus was doing.

"Your hands. Severus told me how they were burned. Can you try to give me a small squeeze?"

Harry did as he was told and Don gave the boy a small smile to reassure him. "Could you feel that? Can you feel my hand?"

Looking down at his lap Harry let a small tear fall down his face. Gently Don released of the hand he was holding and let it curl up around the plushy again. Softly Don rested a hand on Harry's arm.

"It's ok Harry. I can fix that too. I have a cream that we can put on them that will help repair the nerves, but unfortunately it can hurt quite a bit."

Harry nervously looked up at Don. "But...but then I could hold a quill right?"

Don gave a small nod. "I would like to put you to sleep when I put the cream on and heal your rib. That way you would not feel the pain and you would not remember it."

The child seemed to visibility relax. "I...I would like that."

Don nodded and then got of his chair. "I thought so Harry. I'll go get everything then, and we can start making you better. Ok?"

Again Harry gave a small nod and watched as Don left the room. As soon as the boy could no longer see Don he turned to look at Severus. Will...will you still be here?"

Smiling at the boy Severus took his other hand and clasped it firmly around the hand he was already holding. "I haven't left you, yet Harry and I have no plans to."

Smiling at the man Harry gave a small nod. "Th...thank you."

Severus nodded accepting the thanks even though it was unnecessary. He didn't want to upset the child any further by saying it was needless. He had seen the slight glimmer of unease when he had before.

Don then came back into the room with several potions and a jar of cream. Coming over to the two Don placed everything he had brought on the bedside table except for two potion vials.

Gently he looked at the boy who looked back at him nervously. "It's ok Harry. You see these potions?"

Don held up the potions and Harry nodded. He then pointed to one and then the other. "This first one here is a pain relief potion in case you would feel anything while you are asleep. This second one here is the dreamless sleep potion I promised. I want you to first take the pain potion and then the sleeping one. Can you do that for me?"

Harry gave a small nod and accepted the first potion from Don. Hesitating a moment, but not the next Harry gulped the potion down. He then did the same with the next potion Don handed him.

Taking the last vial from the boy Don gave a small smile as Harry's eyes slowly started to droop. Gently Don came over and took another pillow out from under the boy's head lowering him so he would be more comfortable sleeping.

Then closing his eyes completely Harry's breathing evened out and his grip on Severus's hand loosened. Severus released the small hand completely and brushed his fingers though Harry's hair glad that the boy was finally relaxed.

Smiling slightly at the man Don got to work opening the jar of cream he had brought with him. "Severus could you help me?"

Severus nodded and looked at Don to see what he wanted him to do.

"Can you hold his hands so that his palms are facing straight up? I'm going to rub this cream in, but it will take a minute or so to sink in."

Severus nodded and did as the Healer said holding the boy's hands up so he could apply the cream. Carefully Don rubbed the cream on his palms and throughout the boy's fingers. They then watched as the cream disappeared into the boy's hands in just a few minutes. When the cream had fully vanished, Don took hold of both the child's hands as Severus released them and gently sent his healing magic into them helping the cream do it's work repairing the nerves.

When Don was done, he gently released Harry's hands and rested them on the boy's lap. He slightly smiled as soon as he let the hands go they snaked up the bed and held on tight to his small stuffed kneezle. The Healer then moved his hand up to Harry's chest and unbuttoned the shirt just enough so that he could heal the child's rib. He then very tenderly placed both his hands on the boy's chest and pushed his magic into the small body willing to rib to break as gently as it could so it could realign itself.

It took a while for the rib to re-break as Don was trying to make it as painless as possible for the child. A full twenty minutes passed as Don realigned the rib and made sure that no part of it came in contact with the boy's lung. He then sent even more healing magic into the child as he set to work healing the now-broken bone properly.

As soon as he finished, Don sat back in his chair for a moment taking a small break. He then looked at Severus and gave him a gentle smile. "I would like to examine his legs, and I thought it might be easier for him to be asleep. I would also like to see whether that doctor did any damage that needs to be repaired."

Severus gave a small nod and took hold of Harry's hand. As Don stood up he gently pulled the covers down to the end of the bed while casting a light warming spell over the child so he would not chill. He sighed a little as he gently pulled the boy's pajama bottoms down leaving his shorts intact. Some days he really disliked his job.

Then taking a deep breath Don began to examine the bones in the boy's legs. When he was finished, he then placed a hand on the side of each of the boy's hips. Sending a bit more magic into the boy than he would have had to if it was skin to skin contact Don checked to see whether there was any damage to the boy's bottom or elsewhere. It would have been a lot less effort if he had just rolled the child over and examined his bottom directly, but he wanted to keep the boy's modesty intact. He also didn't want the boy to relive anything the doctor had done in his dreams, and he knew that is what the touch might do to the child.

Besides, the years of broken bones in Harry's legs Don found that there were no other injuries neither old or new. Pulling up the boy's pants Don let out a small sigh in relief. It seemed that the doctor might have done something awful to the child, but he had not injured him as they had feared. He would have to talk to the boy later to find out what had really happened in that office. After all, all Harry had said to Severus was that he knew it was not a normal physical the rest they had just assumed by the way the child had been acting.

Don then pulled up Harry's pants leg where he knew the injured ankle lay. Sighing he quickly took off the cast and banished it. This ankle had caused the boy so much trouble it was unbelievable. When he saw the ankle though he smiled for it looked to be fully healed. Running a quick examination just to verify it was truly healed Don noticed with some concern that the bones had shifted again. Damn. The bones just did not want to stay where they were supposed to. Why were they being so resistant? Sighing he realized that he was going to have to take this a step further and magically bind the bones together with splits and all.

Looking up at Severus Don gave the man a small smile. "Could you go grab a nurse for me Severus?"

Knowing better to ask why Severus got out of his chair and went to go fetch a nurse for his Healer. Coming back just moments later Severus had a woman following him in the room. As the nurse came and stood next to Don Severus came and sat back in his chair closing his hand back around the boy's.

"What can I do for you Healer Patterson?"

Kindly Don looked up at the nurse. "Could you grab me some magical splints and some bandages?"

Slightly nodding the nurse left the room and then moments later coming back with what the man had asked for. Setting them down on the bed beside Harry she asked whether she could do anything else.

"No, thank you Mary. I might need you a bit later though."

As he discreetly said this, he pointed his head towards Severus, but it was not discreet enough for Severus not to see. The man in the pajamas blushed and looked down embarrassed. Smiling at the man's embarrassment Don just patted Severus's hand as the nurse left.

"No need to be embarrassed here Severus, you know that."

"Yes I know, but I can't help it."

Don grabbed the magical splints and got to work. Placing one on one side of the leg and the other on the other side. He then placed both hands over the ankle calling the splits to pull the bone straight against them. He then took the bandages and wrapped them securely around the splits and bare skin while he hardened it with a spell. Before he had left the cast a moderately loose so that the boy could move it with a bit more ease, but this time he made it secure with just a touch of breathing space.

The Healer then rolled down the pajama leg and started to pull the blankets back up to the child's chin. Patting the boy on the hand Don gently removed it from Severus's grip and tucked it securely under the blankets while giving Severus a small smile and a small motion with his head for him to go to the other bed.

Understanding the gesture Severus slowly stood up and proceeded to the other bed to sit down.

"Lie down Severus. You know the drill we've done this many times before."

Severus sighed and laid on top of the covers. Don then came over and sat next to the man.

Before Don could start talking though Severus interrupted him. "Before w start on me, can you tell me all of Harry's injuries? I...think I should know...I am his guardian."

Smiling at the man on the bed Don nodded his head in agreement. "You are right Severus, but I was going to tell you first anyway."

Looking at the man with a raised eyebrow he again smiled when the dour man blushed and then continued with his train of thought.

"I am very glad that you asked Severus though, and you should never be embarrassed about caring about someone. Now to get on with business. As I told Harry he had extensive damage to his hands and he had that rib that had almost punctured his lung."

As Don paused Severus nodded. "What you did not tell him though?"

"What I did not tell him, so not to upset him, was that I found a bit of damage to his brain. Before you panic though, it is minimal and it will only affect him a bit with his studies. Mostly just grasping at new concepts and with some tutoring when he gets stuck he should be fine."

Again, Severus gave a small nod. "You also mentioned that he has a weak bladder?"

Don gave a small nod. "This I think Harry is going to have some difficulty with. Sometimes he is going to find it difficult to hold it until her gets to the bathroom and if he has a particularly bad nightmare he might have some trouble as well."

Sighing Severus nodded. "Unfortunately both already happened."

Sadly nodded Don sighed. "I suspected. Now let's move on to you. We can discuss Harry later. I saw yesterday and this morning that you haven't been taking your appetite stimulants or nutrient potions. What happened to them? Is there a reason you haven't been taken them?"

Severus sighed and started to wring his hands nervously like the house elf had yesterday when he could find no suitable clothes for Harry.

Don sighed when he saw he was not going to get an answer. How quickly Severus's demeanor had changed as soon as the subject had turned to him. Gently he placed a hand over Severus's to stop him from wringing them nervously. When the man looked up at his Don just gave his hands a gentle squeeze and a soft smile.

"Talk to me Severus."

"I didn't have time to brew them."

Sighing Don looked intently at the man. "You know that's not a valid excuse Severus. I was going to supply them for you until you insisted on brewing them yourself. If you didn't have time why did you not contact me?"

Shrugging his shoulders and then hating himself for doing so Severus seemed to melt down into the bed. Don had started to give the man some calming magic so that he would not become upset and the Healer was glad that Severus was accepting his comfort it would do no good if the man fought him.

"You didn't want me to know, am I right Severus? You were embarrassed that you couldn't do what you said you could."

Severus gave a small nod and continued to stare at his lap. Sighing Don sent a bit more calming magic into Severus and then helped him lie down flat by removing the a pillow from behind him.

"You know Severus you never have to be embarrassed around me. Now, I'll get you set up on mouthy deliveries of potions again that will have to go through Albus. I agreed to allow you to handle this on your own, but I think Albus will have to start helping you like before."

"But...but..."

"We both allowed you to try to take care of yourself on your own, but it seems that it was a bit too soon for that and that's ok. This is not your fault Severus nor should you feel ashamed. We all need some help with some things, and this is where you need help. Now relax and let me see the damage."

Severus lied down completely and closed his eyes tight while Don unbuttoned his pajama top. Seeing his patient's reaction Don stopped for a moment and rested a hand on Severus's chest and started sending more calming magic into him.

"Relax Severus; just relax."

As the magic flowed through Severus he seemed to immediately relax. His whole body slacked on the bed, and his eyes opened to look at Don.

"There we go Severus. Now focus on your breathing. Breath in and... now out. Very good Severus."

A few more minutes of making Severus breathe calmly, and then the Healer removed his hand from the man's chest. Gently Don then continued the task he had previously stopped to calm Severus.

"This will only take a moment Severus, and then I'll arrange for Harry to have a bone density test and get you set up with your potions."

Severus nodded and then Don placed his hands on Severus's stomach. Ignoring the flinch Don began to scan Severus to see what damage had been done.

When he was done, he sighed and sat next to Severus while he let the man button up his shirt himself. "Your stomach shrank again, but you didn't seem to do any other damage this time.

""Nodding Severus finished the last button and then looked up at Don. " I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize Severus, just try to eat. I know you don't feel hungry or you forget, but you really need to take care of yourself or let me and Albus take care of you."

Severus looked down and Don reached out to place the pillow he had removed back behind his head to help him sit up. Then, very gently he placed his hand under Severus's chin and made it so that the man could look nowhere else.

"Albus and I just want to see you happy and healthy. I think having Harry around will be good for you, but you have to promise me Severus that you will set a good example for him. You need to have regular meals and have adequate amounts."

"I promise I'll try."

Don smiled at the man and nodded. "I know you will Severus. Now let me go call Albus and tell him about the potions and then when Harry wakes up maybe you can give him a tour around. I want to try to have the bone density test done today though, and maybe have his first talk therapy so please keep it a short tour."

Severus nodded and Don patted the man on the hand before he got out of his chair. "I'll see you in a bit Severus. Try to rest for me, ok?"

When Don saw the nod from Severus he left the room to search for the nurse he had talked to earlier. As soon as he left Severus relaxed back onto the bed, but sat back up when he heard a small whimper come from the bed beside him. Looking over Severus saw Harry facing him with his eyes closed, but the small plushy had escaped his grasp and had fallen onto the floor.

Getting up from his bed Severus took the few steps over to the child and picked up the small toy off the floor. He then gently pushed the toy into the boy's hand and smiled as the boy clutched it and drew it close to his chest.

Sitting in the chair next to Harry Severus softly placed a hand on the child's forehead and brushed back the soft hair. A haircut was definitely in order.

Pulling back his hand Severus sighed. Don needn't have told him about Harry's injuries earlier he had read the healers face and had seen the distress every time he had found something new.

Before Severus got out of his chair and walked over to his own bed, he cast a silent monitoring charm on Harry so he would know when he awoke. He might as well listen to Don while he could. He couldn't give Harry Dreamless Sleep every night, and no matter how much therapy the boy had he would still experience some nightmares. Hopefully, not as bad as they had been last night though. With that thought Severus closed his eyes and succumbed to sleep.