Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
"Come on Severus eat please."

Severus sent a glare Don's way that would even make a seventh-year cry and let out a small growl.

Don just rolled his eyes at the man's dramatics….
Photos
"Come on Severus eat please."

Severus sent a glare Don's way that would even make a seventh-year cry and let out a small growl.

Don just rolled his eyes at the man's dramatics. "Yes, yes I know Severus you are the meanest Professor in Hogwarts. I also know that you need your strength up to be snarky and mean to those poor students. So eat!"

Severus let out another small growl as he grudgingly picked up his fork and poked his food with it.

Don sent another look Severus's way. "Come on Severus. I know you want to set a good example for someone else in here."

Severus sent one last glare at Don and saw the warning look the Healer was giving him. Sighing Severus looked down at his meal and began to feed himself slowly.

Patting Severus on the arm Don gave a small nod in approval. "Good job Severus."

The Healer then turned to the almost teen on the next bed who had missed Severus performance because he had been to engrossed in his own food. Silently he was glad that Harry had missed Severus being difficult the child didn't really need to see that, not yet at least.

Sitting down in the chair between the two beds Don watched his two boys. Just ten minutes ago he had woken them from their nap and had put dinner trays on their laps figuring that it would be best to get some food in their stomachs before they slept too long.

When Harry saw the food with his sleepy eyes he had perked up so quickly that it had made Don laugh. He had a sneaking suspicion that Harry's antics were going to cause him much amusement in the future. As soon as Severus had seen the tray of food though he had groaned and protested that he wasn't hungry. An appetite stimulant and a few more scowls though, and he had Severus eating. He really had his work cut out for himself.

Shaking those thoughts from his head Don looked back at Severus who was now eating contently, not that the man would ever admit that the appetite stimulant helped. Suddenly, the man stopped eating though, and looked at Don pleadingly. Heaving a small sigh Don got up and moved over to sit beside Severus.

Placing a hand on Severus's forehead to see whether he had a temperature just in case, he was dismayed when he found one. When he felt the temperature Don quickly removed the tray from Severus's lap and placed it on the table next to them. Lowering Severus so that he was lying flat on his back by removing a pillow from behind him the Healer cast a silencing spell around the two so they could hear Harry, but the child could not hear them.

"How long have you felt unwell Severus and why did you not say anything?"

Turning his head so that he was looking at the wall at the other side of the room Severus let out a small sigh.

Don placed a hand on Severus's arm and frowned a bit when he felt the man shivering a bit. "Talk to me Severus."

Turning his head slightly Severus looked at his Healer. "It was just a small stomach ache before I went to sleep. It was nothing."

"You know better than to keep even the smallest hurt from me Severus. Now relax and let me see what's wrong."

Severus nodded and Don gently rose Severus's pajama top so he could examine him. Placing a hand on Severus's stomach Don not only sent his magic out to seek what the problem was, but he also sent some calming magic, and a touch of magic to keep the man warm.

Feeling the magic flow through his body Severus let his body relax on the bed, and he closed his eyes. When Don was done, he replaced the man's top and put his hand on Severus's forehead.

"It's just a small stomach ache and fever. Nothing serious, but I want to give you a stomach soother and fever reducer to make sure it does not get worse. Next time please tell me you don't feel well before you eat, and I can get you something milder."

With his eye's still closed Severus gave a small nod. His stomach was too upset to complain or argue with Don.

Slowly Don removed his hand from Severus's head. "I'll be right back with those potions Severus."

Before Don left the side of the man's bed though Severus placed a hand on his arm. Concerned the Healer looked down at Severus.

"What's wrong Severus?"

"Head."

Don knew that Severus's head was hurting him, but he had wanted Severus to say something before he had let the man know that he knew. It was good when Severus admitted when he was hurt and he wanted to encourage the man to do so more often.

"Ok Severus I'll get you something for your head too. Thank you for telling me it was hurting."

Severus gave a small nod and released Don who gently patted him on the arm.

"I'll be right back Severus."

When Don saw the small nod, he canceled the silencing spell and before leaving the room confirmed that Harry was still eating.

Moments later Don had come back with four potions in his hands. Quickly he made it back to the bed and gently sat back on the edge he helped Severus sit up and put the pillow he had removed back behind his head. With Severus's eyes, still closed Don put the headache potion to Severus's lips first. According to how the man was reacting it was quite a severe one and Don wanted to take care of that before anything else.

Feeling the thick potion go down his throat Severus grimaced slightly at the taste, but then relaxed and was able to open his eyes without the burning pain running ramped throughout his head.

"Thank you."

"You are most welcome Severus. Now open up for the stomach soother."

Severus did as Don said and opened his mouth so that the Healer could poor the nasty stuff down his throat. Normally, he would have protested loudly at the indignity of being treated like a child, but presently he was feeling too much like crap to do anything, but obey.

When he felt the potion take effect though Severus let out a huge sigh in relief and was able to take the last potion Don was handing him. Gulping it back Severus then relaxed back onto the bed and shot a grateful look at his Healer.

After Severus took the fever reducer though, Don again placed a hand on the man's forehead and sighed when he felt that it was not as hot as it had been. He then took out the fourth potion he had brought with him and waved it in front of Severus's face.

"You know you have to Severus."

Severus sighed and scowled a little at the offending vial, but did take the nutrient potion from the man's hand. He really did have to figure out a way to make this certain potion taste better. Chugging it back Severus grimaced and quickly handed the vial back to Don.

The Healer just slightly smiled at Severus's antics and patted him on the shoulder. "After Harry is finished eating, you two should go back to Hogwarts so Harry can spend time getting use to your rooms and maybe you could share those photos you were talking about earlier."

Severus gave a small nod and sat up further in bed.

"Remember though that if you start to feel worse or this little "stomach ache" turns into anything bigger you will call me. This is not a request."

Don gave the man a stern look and Severus had the decency to blush a little. "I will Don."

"Good, now you can leave your things here if you want since you are coming back tomorrow. Why don't you get up and get dressed if you want, although when you get back you're just going to get back into pajamas."

Getting off the bed Don went and sat back in the chair he had occupied before while Severus swung his legs off the edge of the bed.

"I'll get dressed I wanted to have a word with Minerva after Harry goes to bed."

Don gave a small nod in understanding. "You're going to ask her to come tomorrow when I run the tests on Harry to see if he has any learning disabilities?"

"She has a right to be there as his Head of House and I would like to have her there."

Patting the man on the shoulder as Severus stood up from the bed and Don gave a soft nod. Severus then moved to the small table and pulled his clothing from the drawer. While Severus moved to the bathroom to change Don moved over to Harry who was now finishing up his meal.

When Harry took the last bite, Don put a gentle hand on the boy's knee to gain his attention. Seeing the child look up at him the man gave him a small smile.

"How was your dinner Harry?"

"It was very good."

"I'm very glad to hear that." Don then carefully removed the tray from the boy's lap and banished it back to kitchens to be cleaned.

"So have you decided on a name for your new lion?"

Harry blushed, but nodded his head as he looked down to his lap. "Lio"

Don smiled at the still blushing boy. "That's a very good name Harry."

Shyly Harry looked up. "You think so?"

"I do. Now why don't you go get ready to go. You're going to go home for the night, and then tomorrow we can talk more about your last test and some more that I would like you to take."

Harry gave a small nod and swung his over the edge of the bed much like Severus had done. Don then helped the boy down and as Severus came out of the bathroom Harry went in.

As soon as Severus exited the bathroom Don got up and told him about the potion he was going to go get for Harry. Upset stomachs were no fun especially when it was from the floo.

When Don left Harry came out of the room still clad in pajamas. "Do you want to get dressed Harry or do you just want to go home like that?"

Harry just blushed and looked down at his feet. "Could I stay in my pajamas, sir?"

Severus gave a small nod. "You can Harry. Normally, I have a rule that when it's still light out you have to be dressed, but these are special circumstances."

Giving a shy nod Harry walked over to his bed and started to make his bed. Taking Harry's cue Severus went over and did the same to his bed.

When they were both done Severus came over and lifted Harry up so he could sit on the bed. "Did Don tell you we were going back home?"

Harry gave a small nod. "He also said that we would go over the test he did today tomorrow."

Detecting the nervousness in Harry's voice Severus sighed and sat next to the boy putting an arm around his shoulders. Why did Don have to mention that test at all? Now, the child would worry.

"Don't worry Harry. Everything is fine."

Just then Don walked in the room and Severus sent a glare his way. At first, Don sent a confused look not understanding the meaning behind the glare, but then he saw Harry sitting nervously on the bed.

With a small sigh Don came over and placed the vial he had gone to retrieve on the bedside table and then went and sat on Harry's other side.

"Whats wrong Harry?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Can we talk about that test now?"

"We can, but I had hoped that we could wait until the morning when we have all had a good nights rest."

"Please, I need to know."

"Ok Harry. That test we did scanned all the bones in your body and checked to see how hard they were."

Don paused and took the time to gently rest a hand on Harry's knee sending him a bit of calming magic so he would calm down a bit.

"It seems Harry that your bones are not as hard as they should be; they are actually quite soft. What that means Harry it takes very little for your bones to break and you are going to have to be very careful."

Immediately, Harry's eyes shot up to meet Don's. "Quidditch?"

Don gave a sad sigh. "I don't know Harry; at least not now. I'm going to give you some calcium, and Vitamin D supplements that you are going to have to take and we'll see in a few months if you can rejoin the team."

Even with Don's calming magic flowing through Harry, the boy was breathing hard. With a look at Severus Don mouthed calming potion and Severus got off the bed in search of one or a nurse who could get one.

Don then moved his hand up to Harry's chest and started to send stronger bursts of calming magic into him. To his dismay though Harry kept fighting him and his attempts. After a few more minutes of trying, Don gave up with his current method of trying to calm Harry and pulled the boy into his lap hoping that the close contact would bring Harry back to this world. Fortunately, Severus came back the next moment and held Don give Harry the potion.

"Come on Harry, drink this potion. It will make you feel better and help you breathe."

Harry did take the potion in his mouth, but Severus had to help soothe the potion down the boy's throat by massaging up and down. As soon as the boy swallowed it down, the effects were immediate. His body slumped against Don's and he stopped fighting the calming magic.

"That's it Harry. Now breathe slowly with me. In and...out. In and...out."

The fog cleared from Harry's mind and he listened intently to his Healer doing exactly as he said. Slowly as Harry calmed down Don slowed magic flow until it was almost nonexistent.

"Very good Harry."

"I'm sorry...I'm so weak."

"Shhh Harry, none of that. Focus on calming down some more and then we will talk."

While Don was calming Harry and talking softly to him Severus had retaken his spot next to the two on the bed and had begun to gently rub the boy's back to further try to comfort him.

After a few more minutes, Don stopped the magical flow completely and Harry was breathing normally.

"Are you calm enough to talk now and tell me why you became so upset?"

Before Harry's breath could become fast again, Don replaced his hand on Harry's chest and started just a trickle of magic.

"Calmly now Harry, keep your breathing slow and steady."

Harry gave a small nod. "I need to fly...it's the only time I feel...free."

In understanding Don nodded. "I never said you could not fly Harry; I just said that quidditch was too dangerous at the moment."

"I can still fly?"

"Yes Harry, but there will be certain restrictions. You will always need an adult near by to catch you if you were to fall, and we will have to add some extra safety charms to your broom just so nothing happens."

"Ok...I'm sorry I freaked out..."

"Don't be sorry Harry for there is nothing to be sorry about. You thought that something you love was being taken away and as I said earlier your emotional shields are down at the moment making you show everything you feel. It's nothing to be ashamed about."

Harry's head relaxed back and rested on Don's shoulder as Don stopped the small flow of magic into the boy.

"Do you want to relax a bit or do you want to go back home now?"

"Can we go home?"

"Yes Harry. Why don't you grab Shadow and Lio and then you can take the stomach soother I brought before you go through the floo."

Giving a small nod Don helped the boy off his lap and turned to Severus and continued just so that Harry could not hear.

"I'll give you a supply of that potion as well. If Harry wakes up with a nightmare as he did last night it would benefit you both he took it."

Severus nodded and then smiled down at Harry as he held both his plushies close his chest and stood in front of him.

"Ok Harry, let's go home."

With that Don took the potion he had brought and handed it Harry. As soon as the child downed it Severus got up and took Harry's hand leading the child out of the room and towards the floo closely followed by Don.

Before stepping through the floo, Don placed a hand on both his boy's shoulders and they both turned to look at him.

"Both of you remember if you need me call; do not hesitate."

They both nodded obediently and then with Severus firmly gripping Harry's hand they both went through the floo back to Severus's quarters.

Arriving back at Hogwarts Severus stopped Harry from falling over his own feet again as they landed. Harry blushed, but looked up gratefully and Severus just gave him a small smile.

"We're going to have to work on your landings."

Hearing that Harry blushed a bit more, but accepted the hand that guided him to the couch. Pushing him down gently Severus knelt before him.

"I'll be right back Harry. I wanted to get something to show you. Will you be ok for a few minutes?"

Harry gave a small nod and Severus got up to go dig out the old album he had put away so many years ago.

Going into his room Severus went over to the trunk he had put all of the things that reminded him of his past and let out a small sigh as he popped the lid. As he lifted the lid higher, the first thing that caught his eye was a scarf Lily had wrapped around his leg when he had been bleeding after a bad fall by the forbidden forest. He had tried to give it back to her after he had been healed, but she had told him that he could keep it. Holding the scarf in his hand Severus let a small smile grace his face as he fell into the memory.

He then remembered his mission though, and set to work finding the two albums he had made of him, Lily and her parents all those years ago. Finding the leather-covered books he lovingly stroked his finger over the cover of the one that had a small oval picture of him hugging Lily when they were eight.

Sighing Severus gently lowered the lid of the trunk again. He then hugged the books close his chest and started to walk out of his room. While he was digging for his mementos he had been having second thoughts of sharing them with Harry, but as soon as he stepped out of his bedroom and saw Harry he knew he was making the rights choice. Every child had a right to know who their parents were, and this child only had a handful of pictures to tell him who they were.

When he saw, the boy's eyes look up at him Severus's strides towards the couch became surer and as soon as he reached the couch he sat next to Harry placing one book on the side table.

Placing one arm around Harry he placed the book with his picture on the front on his lap.

"Do you want to see some more pictures of your mother Harry?"

As an answer Harry leaned into Severus's side and gave a small nod.

Severus then moved his hand from the cover so that Harry could clearly see the two figures with their arms wrapped around each other. With wide eyes, Harry looked up at his Professor for the other photo's he had seen had only been on their Hogwarts days.

"You see Harry; your mother and I knew each other for a very long time. I would say since we were around five her Parents, your grandparents, kind of unofficially took me in. My parents or rather my Father was not a kind man and after my mother died your grandparents somewhat became my surrogate parents."

While Severus was telling his tale and explaining things to Harry the boy had reached out and had begun to trace the small photo with his finder. When Severus had stopped talking Harry had removed his hand and had looked up at Severus.

"Your mom died?"

"Yes Harry. She was very sick, and not even the Healers at St. Mungos could heal her."

"I'm sorry sir."

The arm he had placed around Harry tightened a little. "It's ok Harry; it was a very long time ago."

Severus then opened the book to the first page finding the photo of Lily dumping dirt over his head in the sandbox.

"As you can see your mother had a mischievous side as well. I couldn't get al of that dirt out of my hair for a full week."

Harry gave a small smile, and then they turned to the next photo or Severus's sixths birthday party.

Two hours later Harry and Severus had gone through the first book of photos and by the end Harry was pressed firmly into Severus's side. Closing the book Severus placed the book on the table next to him and pulled the child into his lap. The trip down memory lane had made the man feel that hole in his chest open up again and needed reassuring that at least Lily's child was still safe.

"I'm sorry Harry that I ever left you with your Aunt. I should have taken you in immediately after your parents died."

Harry hugged the man back fiercely. "It's...it's ok sir. I'm...I'm here now."

"No Harry, it's not ok, but I promise you I will to the best of my ability give you the life you should have had with your parents."

Rubbing the boy's back Severus hugged him tightly to his chest.

"Why don't we look over the other book tomorrow? What do you say?"

Harry gave a small nod.

"Do you want to go take a shower and then get ready for bed?"

Again, Harry gave a small nod, but his grip didn't loosen from Severus. Sensing that Harry just needed to hold on for a few more moments Severus let him, but then as his grip slowly loosened from his shoulder Severus let him go. Pulling back from his Professor Harry wiped away the stray tear that had fallen from his face he then blushed ashamed for clinging to the man like that.

Severus gave him a smile though, and helped him off his lap. When Harry got on his feet Severus patted the boy on the shoulder.

"Go on Harry, go get ready for bed."

Harry nodded and then made his way towards the bathroom, but not before stopping in his room to grab a fresh set of pajamas. After watching the boy disappear into the bathroom Severus leaned forward and placed his head in his hands. He had not meant to get emotional with Harry, but it was all too much with the photos and what memories what they brought.

Reigning in what little of his frayed emotions he had left Severus raised his head and stood up. Harry was almost finished in the bathroom, he had heard the shower turn off, and he needed to compose himself before Harry saw him.

The bathroom door then opened up, and a wet haired child came out. Smiling at Harry Severus came closer and gently guided the boy into his bedroom.

Before Harry attempted to get up on the bed though, Severus put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. Questioningly Harry looked up at him.

"Just a moment Harry."

Severus then waved his wand and made the bed shrink in height just a bit to make it easier for Harry to get in. With that done Harry gave his Professor a small hug.

"Thank you sir."

"No problem Harry. I can't lift you in and out of bed every morning and night, can I?"

Harry gave a small smile and nodded as he got into bed. Severus came over and gently tucked the child under the bed with a plushy on each side of him.

"Good night Harry. Call me or come get me if you need anything at all. Ok?"

Nodding Harry snuggled down into the covers and then closed his eyes. Gently Severus brushed back Harry's hair and stroked his forehead as he fell asleep. He then tenderly bent down and placed a small kiss on his forehead.

"Sleep well, child."

Severus then got back up and cast a monitoring charm over him so that he would know whether he woke. He was going to visit Minerva and needed to be there if the child woke with a nightmare. Then, with one last gentle pat Severus moved away from the bed and towards the door. Quietly he closed the door behind him as he left and walked towards the floo.

Throwing the floo powder in the fireplace Severus didn't even bother to check if Minerva was there or other wise occupied before he made his presence known. He just stepped in and called to go to the woman's rooms.

Stepping out of the floo he saw that Minerva did indeed have company. It seemed that both her and Albus were having a cup of tea. Knowing that the two wouldn't mind the interruption too much Severus just came over and sat in the vacant chair next to Albus.

Minerva just rose her eyebrows at her intruder. "So what do I owe to this interruption and did Don really let you out of his grasp so soon?"

Rolling his eyes Severus let out an over dramatic sigh. "It wasn't easy, but I managed to escape by the hair on my neck. You know how persistent Don cane be."

Minerva looked at Severus with an open mouth. "You had better be kidding with me or else I will call Don right now to drag you back!"

Severus again rolled his eyes. "You know I am woman. I am here, and Harry is in his room sleeping peacefully all under Don's orders."

Albus patted Severus's knee. "That is good to hear my child, now do you care to explain why you are here?"

Severus turned to look at Albus. "Well, I wasn't expecting you to be here, but that is alright. I wanted to come and ask Minerva a favor."

Albus took back his hand. "I can leave Severus if you want."

"You can stay Albus. I just wanted to ask Minerva whether she would come by for Harry's learning ability tests since she is his Head of House."

Before a Minerva could answer though, Severus closed his eyes and then ran over to the floo. Without bothering to explain Severus flooed to his quarters and left two very worried people behind. Quickly they were both on their feet and flooing to Severus's rooms as well.

When they got there, they were greeted with Harry's door wide open and the sounds of crying could be heard. Quickly they crossed the floor and peered into the room to see what was happening and saw Severus on the bed with a sobbing boy in his arms.

Minerva had to restrain Albus from going in and that was not easy considering se was restraining herself from going in as well. The two then exchanged helpless glances and silently agreed that they would have to wait in the living room for Severus to come out. For it didn't matter how much they wanted to help or calm the boy down there just was nothing they could do.

So as they left Severus on the bed with the crying child in his arms they both made a silent vow to themselves that when they could they would help Severus as much as he needed to help Harry. No matter what it was.

Back in the room Harry was slowly starting to calm down for Severus had gently fed the boy the potion Don had given him. Slowly his cries were lessening, but his head was still buried in Severus's robes, and he was holding on tight.

"Shhhh it's ok Harry. It was just a dream. I'm here now, and no one can ever hurt you again."

As Severus continued to speak in low tones to the boy and rub his back Harry calmed down so that he just gave to occasional whimper or hiccup. When he sensed the child was ready Severus gently pulled him away from his chest and gave him a soft look.

"Do you want to tell me about it Harry?"

Looking down Harry again started to cling to Severus as if his life depended on it. "You...you said you didn't want me anymore and...and sent me back...to...to the Dursleys. Uncle was...not pleased..."

As Harry trailed off Severus started to soothe again.

"Look at me Harry."

Harry looked up into his Professor's worried eyes shyly.

"That would never happen Harry. I would never send you away especially not back to them. It was just a dream."

To further, emphasis his statement Severus gently wiped a tear away with his thumb that had fallen from Harry's face and put his finger onto of it flicking it away into the room.

"It's all gone now Harry; it was just a dream."

At Severus's actions, Harry gave a small smile. When the man saw the smile, he silently conjured up a warm washcloth to clean off the rest of the now dry tears. Gently he brought the washcloth down and wiped away the rest of the evidence that the child had been crying. When he was done, he banished it and handed the child the glass of water that was on the table beside his bed.

Slowly the boy took a few sips and looked gratefully up at Severus. "Thank you sir."

Giving a small sigh Severus accepted the glass back from the boy and placed it back on the table. He then looked back down at Harry and gave him a small smile.

"We need to talk about the "sir" thing."

Confused Harry looked up at his Professor so the man continued.

"You can't keep calling me sir in private; it's just too formal. If you feel comfortable doing so I would like it if you called me by my given name; Severus."

"Ok si...Severus."

Severus gave a small smile and patted the boy on the shoulder.

"Are you ready to go back to sleep?"

When Severus saw the small nod he gently moved the child off his lap and back onto his bed. The man then stood up and turned to tenderly tuck the child under the covers.

"Sleep well Harry."

With that Harry closed his eyes and fell asleep to Severus softly running his fingers through his hair. With Harry, asleep Severus let out a sigh and let his hand rest on the boy's forehead a moment more. Then, removing his hand he replaced it with a small kiss.

"I would never abandon you Harry."

A few more moments passed with Severus just looking at the boy, but then he remembered seeing the two figures in the doorway while he was calming Harry and let out a small sigh. Surely, they were waiting for him in his living room.

With that thought Severus made his way to the door and closed it behind him as he left the room. Spying the two he knew to be in the living room he made his way over to the couch and sat down.

Immediately, Minerva came over, and sat next to him. "Is Harry ok? Are you ok?"

"Yes, we are both fine Minerva. It was just a nightmare and not one of the bad ones."

"That was not a bad one? He was sobbing into your chest uncontrollably!"

"I know that Minerva, but trust me when I say it could have been worse."

With the Minerva placed her head in her hands. When Albus saw her actions he came and sat down on the arm of the couch wrapping his arms around her as he did.

"You saw how well Severus helped Harry calm down. He will be ok Minerva."

Lifting her head she looked both at Albus and then at Severus. She gave a small smile and nodded. "I know that Albus, but I still can't believe how badly we've failed Harry."

"Then don't think of it that way. Think of all the things that we can do to make his life better."

Minerva nodded. "I will try that. Thank you."

She then turned to look at Severus. "As for your question you asked earlier my answer is yes. I will be there for Harry, but I will also be there for you."

Severus gave a small nod. "We are going to try to leave by nine and start the tests at nine-thirty. Is that ok with you?"

Minerva looked at Albus who nodded. "I can look over your classes for you."

"Then, it is fine with me. We should leave now and let you get some rest."

Severus nodded and flinched a little, not expecting the touch, when Minerva placed her hand on his forehead.

"Your a bit warm Severus. Should I call Don?"

Severus sighed and almost protested, but then he remembered Don's mild scolding earlier. "It you must, but I'm really fine."

Albus took Minerva's cue and moved to the floo to call the Healer as Minerva fussed over Severus just a bit more.

Soon, Albus came back with Don in tow. When Don saw Severus's pale face he came and sat on his other side placing a hand on his forehead.

"It seems that fever reducer did little good. I can't give you another for a few more hours, why don't you go have a cold shower to see whether it cools you down. Albus can come with you to assure you don't fall."

Severus blushed. "No way am I taking a shower in front of Albus! I am not a child!"

Don gave Severus a look that made him stop protesting. "As you remember you are still my patient and I'm concerned that you might become dizzy. Albus has seen you in your birthday suite many times before if I remember correctly. So what is the problem Severus?"

Severus's eyes bulged slightly. "Do you have no modesty or know what it is? I don't particularity like other people seeing me in the nude."

Albus placed a hand on Severus's arm though. "I promise I won't look. I'll just sit by the door and wait until your finished."

"Fine then." Severus then got up from the couch and made his way to the bedroom to gather his pajamas. When he came out Albus got up and followed Severus to the bathroom.

With the two out of the room Don turned to Minerva. "So you're coming in tomorrow?"

Minerva gave a small nod and Don placed a hand on her shoulder. "You remember when I ran these tests on Severus?"

Again Minerva gave a nod. "I know I'm going to sit in a room behind a one way window where he cannot see me, but I can see him."

"That is right, but we were lucky last time and found no learning disabilities with Severus. This time I fear we might. I have already found a part of his brain that has been damaged, not badly, but enough that it will affect how he grasps at new information."

Solemnly Minerva nodded. "That could be why his grades were not the best last year. They were near the bottom, but I thought he was either homesick or just to enthralled with the wizarding world to concentrate on his work. I should have looked further into it or asked him why he was having trouble as his Head of House."

"Stop it Minerva, you had no way of knowing. We know now though, and we will figure out how to help Harry tomorrow."

Placing her hand on Don's that was still resting on her shoulder she gave it a gentle squeeze. "I know. What about Severus, how is he doing?"

Don snorted. "He's Severus, stubborn, and sarcastic, but having Harry around him helps. He really cares for that boy, and it's sweet seeing them interact."

Minerva removed her hand from Don's and Don removed his from her shoulder. "I know I saw Severus become a human pillow yesterday."

Don then dug what looked like a photo from his pocket and handed it to Minerva. It was the photo of Severus and Harry cuddling in bed this morning. Looking up at Don Minerva had a smile from ear to ear.

"When did you take this?"

"This morning and you can keep it. I have copies. ...and that reminds me..."

Don then took out another photo from his pocket and pulled the book that the two had yet to go through onto his lap. Finding an open spot in the back he slipped in the copy. It would be a nice surprise for them when they looked at that book.

"You are one big sneak Don."

Don smiled at Minerva. "I know, but it's worth it."

The two then heard the door on the other side of the room open and Severus and Albus stepped out. Don made a small gesture with his hand for Severus to come closer. As Severus did come closer Don and Minerva made room so the man could sit between them again.

As soon as Severus sat down Don felt the man's forehead and frowned when he felt it was still warm.

"I'll go get a thermometer."

Don then got up and went into the bathroom in search for the instrument he would need to take the man's temperature. A few moments Don came back with the dreaded instrument and Severus let out a small groan.

Sitting down Don made a motion for Severus to open up. "Come on Severus open up or we can do it the hard way, and I know you don't want Minerva to see your bottom."

With a half-hearted glare Severus opened his mouth and let the Healer slip the thermometer under his tongue. Just a few minutes later Don took the instrument out of his mouth and examined it closely.

"º37.89 Not too bad, but still a bit high for my liking. Go to bed and I'll be there in two hours to give you another potion."

Severus nodded and got off the couch. Before he could leave though Don grabbed his arm gently. When Severus turned to look at him Don gave him a small smile.

"I'm proud of you Severus."

Blushing Severus escaped from Don's grip and into his bedroom. With a chuckle, he looked to where the man had disappeared to and shook his head.

The Healer then grew serious and turned to look at Albus. "We're going to have to go back to managing Severus's potions for him. He hasn't been taking them."

Albus sadly shook his head. "I figured as much, but I didn't want to put too much pressure on him. You know how much he hated being manhandled. So are the potions the same? A nutrient potion every morning and an appetite stimulant before every meal?"

Don nodded. "Would you mind handling Harry's potions as well since you will already have Severus's?"

"Not at all. What is he going to have to take?"

"He's going to have the same nutrient potion as Severus in the morning, but he is also going to have to take it at night as well. His bones are very weak as well so I want him to take a calcium and vitamin D supplement in the morning."

Slowly Albus nodded as though he was taking the information and putting it to memory. He then looked up at Don with curious eyes. "You said his bones are weak? Will that cause problems with quidditch or anything else?"

Don gave a slow nod and let out a sigh. "Yes it will. I don't want him playing quidditch for a few months at least until I can strengthen his bones a bit. He can still fly, but I would like an adult with him at all times, and I plan on placing a few extra safety charms on his broom."

"That seems reasonable. Is there anything else we need to know about Harry or his medical needs?"

Don sighed and then told the two of everything he had found that day including what Harry had told him about the doctor. After Severus and Harry had left the clinic, he had made a quick stop to that police station to inform them of what Harry had told him.

The two then had him sit at this machine with a big screen on it and look at all these picture to see whether he could find Harry. He unfortunately did see Harry and pointed him out to the officers. Much to Don's dismay they told him that Harry's photos were some of the most popular on that interwhatever and it was going to be hard to remove them from every webbook out there. To say Don was discussed would be an understatement. There were more photo's than he could count on that computer thingy of the child under his care.

Some of the good news though had been that the doctor had been caught and would be spending the rest of his life behind bars. Apparently, he had photographed hundreds of children and from all the other things the officers told him he did to children he suspected that Harry had gotten lucky that day.

When Don was finished telling them everything, he had learned Albus had excused himself and had retreated to the bathroom. Don suspected that the old man had to calm down his magic, and he didn't want to hurt either Don or Minerva in the process. While Albus retreated Minerva just sat they're taking deep breaths. Calmly Don removed a calming drought from his pocket and handed it to the Woman.

"Drink that Minerva, it will help."

Minerva did, and the effects were immediate. She slumped back on the couch and sighed. "Sometimes I hate people in general."

Don patted Minerva on the arm. "I know how you feel Minerva."

Albus then came out of the bathroom and sat in the chair he had vacated so suddenly.

"How are you feeling Albus? Would you like a calming drought?"

"Yes please."

As Don handed the potion to Albus, he did so with a raised eyebrow. "You avoided my first question. Could you please answer it?"

After Albus drank the potion, Albus returned the vial to the man. "I'm fine now Don. Can we leave it at that?"

"I could leave it there if I were a lesser Healer, but you know I am not."

Albus heaved a deep sigh. "Sometimes I wish you were. I'm angry, and I want to find the scum who did that to my boy, but I know I can't. I'm also frustrated at myself that I never saw anything and I refused to let Harry stay here for the summer."

"Thank you for telling me Albus. You know that everything will be ok though, and Harry will heal, right?"

"Yes, I know Don and thank you. I just need to blame myself some more, and then I will be fine."

Don gave him a small smile. "I should go and give Severus that potion now. He should be more than ready for it."

Minerva got up as well. "I should be getting going as well. Albus will you accompany me?"

Albus nodded and got up as well. "Thank you again, Don, for everything."

Don just nodded and went towards Severus's room and Minerva, and Albus left through the floo. Opening the door and silently slipping in Don carefully sat on the side of Severus's bed. Gently he woke the man and helped him sit up a bit. He then gently placed the potion vial to the man's face and helped him drink it all down.

"There we go Severus. Try to sleep some more now. I'm going to sleep out on the couch in case Harry has any more nightmares. I want you to get a good nights sleep so you can get better."

Sleepily Severus's nodded already he was half-asleep and had no energy to protest just how Don had planned it. The Healer then gently lowered the boy onto the bed and retreated quickly and quietly from the man's room. As soon as Don was back in the living room he transfigured the couch into a bed and his clothes into pajamas. With one, final sigh he sat down onto the new bed and then got in for what he predicted to be a restless night.