Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Walking out into the garden Don started to tell Harry all about Albus's manor where Severus stayed in the summertime. Yes, Severus had a manor in Spinners End, but that place brought memories that Severus rather not deal with.
Puzzles
Walking out into the garden Don started to tell Harry all about Albus's manor where Severus stayed in the summertime. Yes, Severus had a manor in Spinners End, but that place brought memories that Severus rather not deal with. He had grown up in that house up until he was fourteen when his mother had died, and Albus had found out what had been happening in his home. Ever since he has lived with Albus and he still could not imagine living without the man near by. Albus paired with Don had always been there for him through everything and if he were truthful he just didn't feel ready to part with their consent presence and support no matter how annoying they could be at times.

Don was rather glad that Severus still lived with Albus, it made his life just a bit easier. It meant that Albus could take care of his daily potions and confirm he was taking care of himself. When the school year came though and Severus moved down to his own rooms in the dungeons it became somewhat of an uphill battle to keep a close eye on the man. They had tried to let Severus take more control over his potions and eating habits this year in an attempt that Severus could do it on his own, but that had not panned out.

After those few moments of silence where Don's thoughts had wondered, the Healer refocused on the small boy walking next to him and started to tell him of all the wonderful things his new summer home offered.

"You will love living with Severus and the Headmaster Harry. The house they live in has a very large garden around it and Severus even has a few greenhouses he keeps plants in."

Shyly Harry looked up and gave Don a sideways glance. "Professor Snape lives with the Headmaster?"

Letting out a small sigh Don nodded. Apparently, Severus had not talked to Harry about their summer arrangements yet, but then when could he so much had happened in such a short amount of time.

"Yes Harry, he does. Is that ok with you?"

Slowly Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Will...will the Headmaster want me there?"

Gently Don removed his hand from Harry's and moved his arm to rest it on Harry's shoulders as they continued to walk through the gardens.

"Did you know it was the Headmaster who helped Severus gain guardianship of you?"

"I guess so. I mean he's been really nice and he taught me to tie my shoes, but does he really want a freak living in his house?"

Don stopped walking when he heard what Harry thought of himself and turned Harry so that he was facing him. All the while raising the boy's chin with his hand so that he could only look into his eyes.

"Listen to me Harry. You are not a freak, and I don't want to hear you call yourself that again. Ok?"

Slowly Harry nodded, but anyone passing by could tell that in his heart he didn't really believe what he was agreeing to. The Healer sighed as he released Harry's chin. He had to keep reminding himself that it was going to take time. Eventually, though the child would believe them. Taking another deep breath Don continued.

"You are a very sweet child Harry, and I know the Headmaster is very excited to have you in his home. He even pulled me aside the other day to see if I knew how you would like your room set up, although that was supposed to be surprise. Don't let him know you know, ok?"

Don winked at Harry and the boy gave a soft smile and nod. The Healer then found himself wrapping his arms around the boy as he had attached himself to his side. Harry then pulled back and with a few tears in his eyes smiled up at the man.

"Thank you."

"There is no need to thank me Harry, but is there anything you would like me to tell Albus? What would you like your room to look like?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders as he detached himself from Don. "I...I don't know. The only room I really had was the one Professor Snape gave me."

Don nodded and was grateful that there was a bench near by. Gently guiding Harry over to sit down on the concrete bench the Healer gave the boy a soft smile. As soon as they sat down Don faced the child and patted his shoulder kindly.

"Ok, so what's your favorite color?"

Harry slightly shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know...I guess I like blue."

Giving a slight nod Don continued with his train of thought.

"So would you like to paint the walls blue?"

Looking up at Don Harry gave an eager nod and leaned slightly into his side. "Could my bed be dark blue?"

Wrapping an arm around Harry's shoulders Don gave a nod glad that Harry was finally asserting what he wanted. "Yes Harry. Is there anything else you would like?"

"I don't know."

"Ok, let's see what else. Would you like a desk in your room?"

Harry gave a small nod and Don continued.

"What about posters? Would you like some quidditch posters to put up on the walls?"

"That would be Brilliant!"

Don let out a small chuckle. "I thought you would like that. I will be sure to tell Albus what you would like. Do you want to walk a bit more while I tell you more about their house?"

Detaching himself from the Healer's side and getting off the bench Harry gave a soft nod. Smiling Don got up as well and reached out to grab Harry's hand as they continued to walk through the gardens.

"So let's see where did I leave off? You're going to love the room Albus set aside for you. It's right across the hall from Severus's and has two large windows overlooking the gardens and a large forest. It also has a connecting room that you can use to put all your books or any games you have; sort of a play room."

Don looked over to Harry to see whether he was listening and frowned a bit when he saw that Harry was quietly looking down at his feet as they were walking. Slowing his stride a bit Don gently removed his hand from Harry's and placed it tenderly on the child's shoulder.

"What's wrong Harry?"

Slowly Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I...I don't have anything to put in that room..."

Sighing Don nodded in understanding. "I know Harry, and we are going to fix that. During Christmas break Albus was planning to take you shopping for things to fill that room. Again that was supposed to be a surprise, but that will be our little secret. Ok?"

Harry gave a small soft smile and nodded. Don had not really planned to reveal to Harry what he had discussed with Albus about his room, toys and things, but seeing that soft smile had made it worth it. At that moment Harry had needed reassuring and he knew Albus would understand when they met up later to head to the Ministry.

With his arm, still around Harry's shoulders Don started to walk down the path again.

"So what else about their house would you like to know?"

Slowly Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Is there anywhere I can fly my broom?"

Sighing Don looked down at the hopeful child. "Yes Harry, the garden is large enough that you can fly over it, but you have to remember until I give you the word you have to have an adult with you when you fly."

Harry sighed. "I know."

Gently Don gave the child's shoulders a squeeze. "You know I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want you to hurt yourself."

Slowly Harry nodded his head, and Don guided Harry to head in the direction back to their rooms.

"I have to go check on Severus. Do you want to meet with Pam while I go and see him?"

Harry gave a small nod. "Is that ok?"

Giving the boy's shoulders another small squeeze Don smiled down at him. "Of course Harry."

The two then continued on to walk into the clinic and started to head to where Pam's office was. The whole time Don had a comforting hand over Harry's shoulders and was sending him a bit of calming magic. For some reason Harry was becoming more and more nervous the closer came to Pam's office. Finally, more than halfway there Don could not stand to see Harry like that any more and stopped him in the tracks.

"Talk to me Harry. What's wrong?"

"She...she doesn't think I'm weak does she?"

Stepping in front of Harry Don knelt down and placed a hand on each of his shoulders. "Listen to me Harry. You are not weak. You have been so strong through everything you have been through, and now it's time for you to accept the help we are offering. Pam sees you as the same strong young man Severus, and I do and wants to help make you even stronger by helping with your studies. Accepting our help is a sign of strength and nothing else."

With tears in his eyes, Harry gave a small nod and then launched forward and clutched to the Healer. Wrapping his arms around Harry Don just picked the child up as he got off the floor and again started to walk to where Pam was. While he had started to walk, he continued to talk to Harry.

"I'm sorry Harry, but Severus just woke up, and he's coughing again."

Don then took the few steps to Pamela's office and placed Harry down in front of the door. First knocking, he then knelt down in front of Harry.

"Will you be ok here for a little bit Harry?"

Slowly the boy nodded in understanding. The door then opened, and Don stood up with a nod to Harry.

He then smiled at Pam who answered the door and sent her a pleading look. "Could you please entertain Harry for a bit?"

"Of course Don, it would be my pleasure to "hang out " with Harry."

Pamela then gently took Harry's hand in hers while looking down at the messy haired boy.

"Come on Harry I have a few puzzles we can try to solve. How does that sound?"

The child gave a small smile and nodded at Pam. As soon as Don saw that smile and nod he reached out to ruffle Harry's hair.

"I'll see you later Harry. Ok?"

With another nod from Harry Don turned and started to walk quickly, almost jogging, through the halls to get to Severus's room. In mere minutes, he had arrived and just seconds after entering the room he was by Severus's bed holding the man up so that it was easier for him to cough up the crud.

"It's almost over Severus, just hang in there."

When the coughing fit was over Severus only had enough strength to lean forward into Don's strong arms and take deep breaths. The Healer gently lowered Severus into a more comfortable position for both of them, but kept his arms firmly wrapped around the man.

"How is your chest Severus? Are you in any pain?"

As Don lowered Severus completely down onto the bed the Healer gently extracted his arms. He could sense that the man was in pain he just needed to know where so that he could give him the right potions and creams. It seemed that Severus was having trouble talking though so Don watched the man with concern as he gently laid a hand on the man's chest.

"Don't talk Severus, just show me with your hand where you hurt."

Slowly the man nodded while still breathing heavily. His patient then with a shaky hand placed it over his chest and then moved it up to his throat. As Don watched the man, he nodded and grabbed a few potions and a cream from the bedside table.

"Ok Severus I have a few potions here for you to take, and then I'm going to rub a cream on your chest to ease the ache a bit."

Nodding his head Severus made a move to sit up, but Don was there immediately to help him up stuffing a fluffy pillow behind his back. The Healer handed the first potion to him, but kept a hand on it until Severus looked at him.

"Very slowly Severus and let me know if this hurts your throat too much. You know there is less painful way to give these to you, but it can be a bit embarrassing. If you want that though just tell me."

At the slight mention of suppositories Severus shuttered and made a vow to swallow these potions no matter how painful it might be. It was just not worth it to be embarrassed like that. The man nodded his head in understanding and Don removed his hand so that the man could drink down the potion.

As Severus gulped the potion down he winced and flinched as it scratched down his throat. Don just sighed as he watched the man hurt himself even further. It was obvious that Severus would not take the more embarrassing and less painful method of taking his potions, but he had tried. Maybe after feeling how much it hurt to swallow he would see reason.

After Severus had finished painfully gulping down the potion, he handed the vial back to the Healer and again Don sat down on the edge of the bed and tried to convince Severus to take the less painful method of delivering the potions that would make him better.

"Come on Severus. You know that I can put all these potions into one suppository, and it would be much less painful for your throat."

Closing his eyes Severus nodded. Even though he had made that vow the pain of the potions going down his raw throat was just too much to bare. So with another breath Severus opened his eyes and saw that Don had already combined all the potions he was supposed to take and put it in that horrible suppository. Gently Don laid a hand on Severus's shoulder and sent a touch of calming magic into the man.

"Relax Severus and just breathe."

Severus took a few more deep breaths and when Don sensed that he had calmed enough he removed his hand from his shoulder.

"Roll onto your side Severus and bend your knees. This will only take a moment."

Severus did as he was told while Don drew the privacy curtains around the bed just in case someone walked in. The Healer then came over and lifted the covers just enough so that he could reach Severus's bottom. Taking a moment before administering the medicine Don placed a hand on Severus's back.

"Just take some deep breaths and this will be over in no time."

Don felt Severus start to breathe deep so he removed his hand from his back then quickly lowered Severus's pajama bottoms to administered the medicine. For the next few moments Don held his patients bottom until he knew everything was absorbed into his body. As soon as he was sure he quickly rose Severus's pajama bottoms to their rightful place and helped the man roll over.

When Severus was laying on his back again the Healer saw the small tears leaking out of the man's eyes. Before Severus could wipe them away though, Don did it for him with a small washcloth he had conjured up.

"I know that was uncomfortable and embarrassing Severus, but by tomorrow you will be all better."

Severus nodded and let Don start to unbutton his top. "I'm just going to apply this cream to ease some of the pain and tightness you feel, and then I want you to sleep as long as you can. Ok?"

Nodding Severus closed his eyes as if he was drifting off to sleep. Concerned Don put the jar of cream he was holding down and placed a gentle hand on the man's forehead.

"Do you want me to help you sleep and then put the cream on?"

As slowly as he could Severus gave a nod. "Ok Severus then just relax."

The Healer then moved his other hand to place it on his patients chest and sent a slow stream of calming magic into him. Just enough to send him into a peaceful sleep that he hoped would last until dinner time. With the man softly snoring Don reached back onto the bed to retrieve the cream and began to slowly spread it onto Severus's chest.

Quickly finishing soothing the cream into his chest Don then buttoned up the man's top tucking him in up to his chin as he did so. He then banished the empty vials and placed the two still half-full jars on the table by the bed so that he had easy access to them later.

Don then pulled the privacy curtain open and sat down in the chair next to the man in the bed. Sighing he looked over at Severus and wished with all his might that the man's throat had not become so sore from all the coughing, but knew that it would have happened eventually with the violent way he was coughing.

Putting that hope away for there was nothing he could do to change what had already happened he got up to grab something he could rub on the outside of Severus's throat to try to make the inside feel a bit more comfortable. He would have done it before now, but he had really wanted to get Severus to sleep as soon as possible so that he could heal quicker.

Grabbing the cream from one of the many potion supply rooms Don then went back to Severus's and Harry's room. When he got there he opened the jar and after lowering the covers a bit he gently applied it over his patient's throat and was rewarded when he saw Severus's breathing even out a bit more.

Relieved that he had done something to help Severus feel better Don placed that jar of cream next to the other two he had left there. He then placed a gentle hand on the man's forehead to see whether his temperature had gone down and was further relieved to feel that the suppository had done their job as quickly as he had hoped it would. He then removed his hand from the man's forehead and further tucked the man in to make sure he was comfortable.

"Feel better Severus. I'll be back for dinner, and I'll bring Harry so you can have some company. He won't say so, but I can tell he has become quite attached and misses your presence."

With a small smile Don gave the man's shoulder one final pat before he quietly left the room to see Pamela and Harry.

While Don was tending to Severus Pamela was getting to know Harry a bit better. Sure she had met Harry before and had spent time with him, but that was mostly just to try to figure out how she was going to help him not really to get to know who he was.

So as Don quickly left down the hall Pamela had smiled down at Harry and had led him into her spacious office. She was very glad that she had decided some time ago to keep some puzzles and games in her office just in case she needed them.

As she led Harry into her spacious office meant for therapy sessions, Pamela hovered a few puzzles down from the shelves gently down onto a small table with two chairs on either side with her wand.

"I have a few puzzles you can choose from Harry or if you want we can play a game instead. It's up to you."

Daring to look up at the kind witch Harry gave a small smile. "Can we solve a puzzle? I always wanted to, but every time I tried at school Dudley would come over and destroy it before I could finish."

With a forced smile and, a small sigh Pamela nodded. "Yes Harry we can. Why don't you have a seat and pick one out? I'll be back in a moment. Ok?"

Harry gave a small nod and did as she had suggested sitting down and picking out a puzzle of a garden that had a lot of beautiful flowers in it. Seeing the picture on top of the box Harry started to wonder if the Headmaster and his Professor would let him help out in the garden. Out of all the chores, he had at the Dursleys that was the one job he had enjoyed. Well, he didn't particularity like the heat and the fact that he got sunburned every time, but he did enjoy the life he gave the small beautiful flowers he tended.

While Harry's thoughts wondered into the Headmaster's gardens Pamela escaped into her small private office in the back to gather her thoughts and feelings so they would not disturb Harry. No matter how often she saw or heard about a child being hurt or bullied by someone bigger and or older than them it hurt her immensely. She remembered all to well what it felt like to be bullied in school and knew exactly how much hurt that came with it. Hogwarts had not been a pleasant experience for her with her dorm mates contently teasing or bothering her in any way they could. So when she came into situations like these, which was not often, she had to take a moment to herself to calm down and plant a smile on her face.

Taking a few breaths to calm herself Pamela put that smile on her face and walked out of her office to try to entertain Harry as Don had asked her to. Walking over to Harry the Healer gracefully sat down in the chair across from Harry and gave him a small smile.

"I see you chose the more difficult puzzle. Would you like me to help you solve it?"

As Harry carefully dumped the pieces on the table he gave a small nod. "I would like that."

Smiling Pam began to help Harry set all the pieces right side up so that they could see what the image was on each piece. As they were both doing this Pam began to ask the boy about anything that came to mind.

"I know we talked about school earlier Harry, but I never did ask you what you thought about Hogwarts. Do you like going to school there?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Ever since I first stepped foot there it's been my home, and it always will be. I actually have friends and nobody's hurt me."

As Harry was saying the last part though he kept running a hand over the scar on his forehead and Pamela heard the unspoken words. "Except for Voldemort."

"Does your head hurt Harry?"

The child removed his hand from his head and gave a slow nod. "Whenever I think about that night with the stone."

"Have you told anyone?" Pamela knew about what happened that night Harry had gone after the Philosopher's stone as did everyone else in the wizarding world. It was a highly kept secret so naturally everyone knew, maybe not the exact details, but the general picture."

At the Healer's question Harry slowly shook his head. "I didn't think it was important."

"It is important to us Harry. You need to tell us things like that so we can help you. What did the Headmaster tell you of that night?"

Albus had in some terms told Don more specifics of what had happened so that if it came up he could help Harry and Don had told her a few things such as Harry had almost died that night from magical exhaustion.

"He said that I was a very brave boy, but I must not rush into danger like that again. I should have gone to a teacher for help, but he didn't listen to me when I told him I went and told Professor Mcgonagall and she told us not to worry!"

Harry was now breathing hard remembering the pain of being shrugged off as if he didn't know anything. It reminded him all to well of being at home with his Aunt and Uncle.

Pamela could see that Harry was trapped in the past, and his breathing was coming out too fast for comfort so she came over to Harry and placed two hands on his shoulders and sent calming magic into him.

"Calm down Harry. That is in the past, and it will never happen again. Just take some deep breaths for me and calm down. Then, we can talk about this some more. Ok?"

Harry did as the Healer told him and slowly the fuzziness in his mind faded away and it became easier for him to breathe. When he was awake enough, Pam slowed the calming magic down to just a trickle and then finally stopped it.

"Better?"

As Harry nodded Pam removed her hands completely and moved back over to her chair to sit down.

"Let me ask you this Harry. Were there any other teacher around that you could have gone too?"

Looking down at the puzzle in front of him and placing a piece where it belonged the child nodded. "What if there told me not to worry as well?"

Pamela sighed. "You never said anything to them though. Do you think Professor Snape would have sent you away?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. Last year he had thought that the man was the one who was trying to steal the stone, but now he knew different. What would have happened if he had gone to the man and told him someone was after the stone?

When the Healer saw Harry plunge into deep thought again and stay there for a bit she gave another sigh and placed a comforting hand on his to snap him out of it.

"That is in the past Harry no need to worry about it now. Will you promise me though that you will go to an adult if anything like that happens again or your scar hurts?"

Slowly Harry nodded and Pamela removed her hand from his while giving him a smile.

"Let's see how far you've gotten on this puzzle."

Pamela moved the box to the floor and looked at the puzzle that had all the corners and edges done.

"Look how far you've gotten! I am so impressed Harry!"

Blushing the boy looked down at his lap. He was still not used to any praise directed his way. Seeing the boy's embarrassment Pamela smiled and tried to change the subject again while picking up a piece of the puzzle.

"Tell me about your friend's Harry."

Harry gave a small smile. "Well, Hermione is brilliant. She is always reading and helping me and Ron with our homework. She is kind of like a sister I never had. Ron, he's my best friend in the whole world. We talk about quidditch and goof off together; he's really good a chess! The twins, Ron's brothers, are really nice too. They play all sorts or pranks and jokes, but none of them are harmful only silly and funny even if you are their target. The rest of the Weasleys are nice too I suppose, I didn't get to meet Bill or Charley yet and I didn't get to stay that long to really get to know anyone else this summer. I wish I was able too... Mr. Weasley did come and help me and Don at the Ministry though!"

As Harry said his last statement to Pamela he looked up at her as if he were trying to convince her that they really were nice people. The Healer supposed that he was really trying to convince himself though, and not really her. Gently she reached over and placed a piece of the puzzle where it belongs and gave the boy a smile.

"I am sure that they are all very nice Harry, and I am sure that this summer you will get to see them all and get to know them better. I am very glad that Arthur was able to come and help you at the Ministry though, and I am sure he would do the same if he got a chance."

The child nodded and continued to concentrate on the puzzle in front of him. Curiosity getting the better of her Pamela asked the one question she had wanted to know all morning.

"Have you thought any if you wanted to go back to school Monday?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I really want to get back to class and see my friends, but I don't really want to leave Professor Snape's rooms."

"I thought I heard Severus offer his rooms to you whenever you wanted to stay with him. You could still go to school and come back home at night if you wanted. Or you could sleep in the dorms during the week and then go home on the weekends. What do you think of either of those?"

"I could really go back to Severus's rooms at night?"

"Yes Harry. I guess you were a little too tired and emotional to really hear what Severus was telling you."

Harry blushed, embarrassed at his weakness. "I think I will go back to classes, but I would like to stay with Severus at night...at least for now."

"I think that is a fine solution Harry, and I am very proud that you were able to make a decision."

Again, Harry blushed while placing another piece into the puzzle. The two then continued putting the puzzle together in an amicable silence until they both heard a soft knock on the door.

Smiling at Harry Pam got out of her chair. "I'll go get that Harry. I have a feeling it's Don."

When she opened the door, she was met with Don on the other side smiling at her. Gesturing him in Pam slowly closed the door behind him. When Don fully came into the room, he walked over to Harry and smiled as the boy looked up at him.

"Hey Harry I see you almost have that puzzle finished. After you finish that up, did you want to stay here for a while more or did you want to go and do something else?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Could we go see Professor Snape?"

The Healer caught the touch of worry in his eye and gave a small nod as he sat down in the chair he had conjured up as Pamela had sat back in the one she had left moments ago.

"I assure you Severus is fine, but if it would make you feel better we can go and visit him. We can't stay in the room for long though, I don't want to wake him. The more sleep he gets today the better he will feel."

Harry gave a small nod in understanding and focused on placing the final pieces in their right spots.

"Is there anything else you would like to do after that Harry? There is still a bit of time before dinner."

Slowly Harry shook his shoulders. "I don't know what else I can do..."

Don thought for a few seconds and then he got an idea. "You could write some in your journal if you wanted, or you could write to your friends telling them all of what you have done today."

Looking up hopefully at the Healer Harry gave a tiny smile. "Is there anyway I could look at that photo book that Severus showed me yesterday?"

Smiling Don nodded. "Severus had a feeling that you might want to look at it again today so he brought it and it is back in your room. Why don't you write a bit in your journal and then we can both look at that photos until dinner time?"

Harry gave a nod as he placed the last puzzle piece in place. As Harry did so Don looked up at what the puzzle was and smiled. It was an image of a garden, but there was something in the puzzle tat was not of the box. There was a small child planting flowers with a tall dark man watching him from a distance reading a book. Don supposed it was accidental magic.

Slowly Don got up from his chair and came to stand next to Harry looking down. "Would you mind if I took a picture of you and this masterpiece? I would love to add this to my picture book."

Harry got off his chair and looked at the Healer in wonder. "You have a picture book?"

Don smiled at Harry as he retreaded his camera from his pocket. "I do Harry. If you want I can show it to you. It had Severus in it starting from when he was fourteen and a few of you I have taken these few days."

The boy's eyes grew slightly larger. "You have pictures of me?"

"Why yes I do. I like to take pictures of all my patients for them to have later in life to remember all the joy they had."

Slowly Harry nodded. "Could you show it to me?"

Smiling and patting Harry on the shoulder Don nodded. "I think we can arrange that. Now stand next to your puzzle so I can take a picture."

Harry did as Don told him too, and the Healer took a few pictures wanting to really take in the whole situation. The Healer then turned to look at Pamela and gave a small bow of the head.

"Thank you for keeping Harry entertained while I tended to Severus. Would you mind keeping this on your table until tomorrow? I want to show it to someone; I don't think the pictures will quite do it justice."

Pamela nodded. "Certainly, I was actually planing on putting a stickling charm on the pieces and giving it to a certain someone. I dare say he will feel touched to see the likeness of himself."

All the while the two Healers were having their hushed conversation Harry was looking down at the puzzle in front of him. He really didn't know how those two figures had appeared that way. He had just thought of what it might be like planting flowers with his new guardian this summer, and it had just happened. The picture in the garden was quite what he had imagined though, maybe his magic had done it? Would he be in trouble for doing underage magic away from Hogwarts?"

Looking over at Harry Don was surprised and concerned to see a hyperventilating Harry. Quickly he made his way over to the child, kneeling down in front of him and pressing the boy's back into his chest.

"Breathe calmly for me Harry. Feel my breaths and try to match them. In...and...out."

As Harry slowed his breathing down Don slipped a calming potion from his pocket and gently fed it to the boy. Not an overly strong one, just one that would prevent him from dwelling on negative thoughts so they could talk about what had made Harry panic without sending him into another attack.

"What were you thinking just now Harry?"

Slightly turning into Don's arms so that his face was now resting on Don's shoulder Harry mumbled something soft into the fabrics of his robes. Gently Don extracted the boy from his clothes so that he could look into his eyes.

"I couldn't hear you Harry. Could you say that again?"

"I won't get in trouble will I?"

"For what Harry?" Don was genuinely confused. What could Harry be talking about?

"I used magic outside of Hogwarts...I didn't mean to!"

Slightly smiling Don gave the child a gentle look and guided Harry to sit in his chair so Don could get off the floor. Kneeling was not his favorite activity. Don then pulled his chair so that it was directly in front of the boy so that they could look at each other without any trouble.

"No Harry you are not in any trouble. What you did was accidental and no one would see any harm in it. Actually, I believe most people would find it rather sweet and touching. Pam was talking about framing it and giving it to Severus as a present from you. What do you think of that?"

Harry's eyes brightened up. "Could I?"

Don gave a small nod and held out a hand to help Harry off his seat. "Why don''t you and I go and check on Severus, and Pam can do that for us? We can give it to him before you leave tomorrow morning. I think Severus needs to stay the night so I can make sure he gets better"

Harry gave a small nod and accepted Don's hand up while he looked over at Pam. "Thank you."

Pamela smiled at Harry and started to walk with the two towards door. "It's my pleasure Harry."

Harry gave the witch a small smile and nodded as Don led him out of the room and into the hall. Before the two left Pamela though, Don stopped and planted on a small kiss on the woman's cheek when Harry was not looking making the witch blush. Don let a small smile grace his face when he realized that he was finally able to make the woman blush. He then lent down and whispered in her ear.

"Tomorrow, we will have dinner together I promise."

Pamela gained her composure back as Harry looked up at her and gave Don a small smile. Finally, Don was making a move; she had waited for too long for him to do so. She guessed that she had dropped the right hint earlier when she had told him that she would wait for him. Finally!

Pleased with herself Pamela gave the two a smile. "I will see you both tomorrow then. I want you to have a good nights rest Harry and don't let this man fill you with too many stories of Severus. You want to leave some for the man to tell himself."

That last statement she directed towards Don more than Harry. She knew that he liked to tell stories about his charge and didn't want him to get too carried away.

Fortunately, Don got the hint and nodded his head slightly. With, that the two made their way down the hall to the Harry and Severus's room so that Harry could see for himself that Severus was indeed all right.

When they arrived in their room Harry immediately went over to the bed Severus was on and sat in the chair near his head. As Don came over and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder Harry looked up at him with concern in his eyes.

Smiling down at Harry Don gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "He's fine Harry, just a bit tired."

"Is he really? He looks so pale."

"He really is. Now let's grab your journal and that photo album. We can go down to the sunroom to look at those."

Slowly Harry nodded and went to grab his journal while Don grabbed the photo album and put it in his pocket next to his other one. When Harry came back over to Don, the Healer gently grabbed a hold of the boy's hand and smiled down at him.

"Ready to go now Harry?"

Harry gave a small nod and picked up the small black cat from his bed. Even though he felt comfortable around Don, he just felt that he needed the small stuffed creature.

Don just smiled at the small child and led him out of the room. It was getting late in the afternoon, and often children felt they needed that little extra comfort later in the day.

Reaching the sunroom Don walked over to the couch in the corner of the room and sat down with Harry right beside him. The Healer then pulled a small table up in front of Harry and pulled out a quill and ink so Harry could write for a bit.

"Here you go Harry. Write about what ever you want, whatever comes to your mind. Let me know when you can't write anymore and then we'll look at some photos."

Harry nodded while he opened his journal up to the right page and grabbed the quill from beside him. The child then diligently wrote about his day very careful to hold the quill the way Don had shown his earlier that day. It was much easier to write this way, and everything came out clearer.

Don smiled as he watched the boy write for a few minutes. He then removed a book he had brought for himself to read while the boy wrote all his thoughts down.

Ten minutes passed of Harry writing and Don reading his book until Harry quietly closed the journal and looked up at Don.

"Can we look at those pictures now?"

Don set down his book smiling. "That's why I brought the books with me."

The Healer removed the two books from his pocket and placed the book that had a photo of a smiling Severus on the front on top.

"Come closer Harry and we'll look at these together."

Harry scooted closer to the Healer and Don placed an arm around his shoulders while he opened the book to the first page.

The two sat there like that for a while. Harry entranced by the photo's of a young Severus and holding his small toy on his lap while Don was showing and telling Harry all about the photos. Near the end Don heard a few small snores come from the boy next to him and when he looked down he saw that Harry's eyes had closed and there was a soft smile on his face.

Smiling Don closed the book of photo's and shrunk all three books and put them in his pocket. He then gently maneuvered the boy so that he could carry him in his arms. When he had Harry all, situated he got up from the couch with the boy in his arms.

When he reached, their room Don placed the boy down on his bed and ordered two trays of food for his two boy's. Then, crossing the room he gently shook Severus's shoulder to wake him so he could eat a little something.

Slowly the man's eyes opened and looked to the person who was shaking his shoulder. When he saw it was Don he moved to sit up and let the Healer help him when it was apparent he needed some help. He was still pretty weak.

"How does your throat feel?"

Clearing his throat Severus nodded. "It's...better."

Don smiled. "Good. Do you think you could eat something?"

Slowly Severus nodded. "Could I have an appetite stimulant though?"

Don grabbed the potion from the bedside table and nodded. "Drink up Severus and then have some dinner. I'm going to wake Harry so he can have something to eat as well and then get ready for bed. I think you two should stay for the night."

Sighing Severus nodded in understanding. Either they stayed here, or Don would spend the night with them at Hogwarts and it would just be easier on all three of them if they stayed here.

The Healer smiled and placed the tray of food on the man's lap. He then walked over to Harry's bed and gently woke the child up and was rewarded with a small hand trying to bat his away from shaking his shoulder.

Smiling he leaned down and whispered in the child's ear. "I have food for you Harry, and then you can go back to sleep."

Slowly Harry's eye's opened at the mention of food and smiled when the Healer placed a tray of food on his lap. Sitting up slightly he put his small stuffed plushy beside him and smiled up at Don.

"Thank you."

"You are very welcome Harry. Now eat up and I'll be back in a bit. Ok?"

Harry nodded and Don walked over to Severus. "I'll leave you two for a few minutes. If Harry finishes his meal before I get back have him take a shower and get into his pajamas."

As Severus nodded Don walked towards the door and left his two boys alone for a few minutes.

The two in the room ate their food silently for a few minutes, but when they both finished Severus beckoned Harry to come over to his bed. When the child did come over to Severus he hesitated and wrung his hands together nervously.

Smiling Severus placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and with his other hand he patted the bed gently.

"Hop up Harry."

Carefully Harry climbed up on the bed, but then didn't know what to do after he got there. Gently Severus smiled at the boy and drew the boy so that he was sitting in his lap.

"How are you doing Harry?"

Harry gave a small nod. "I'm ok...how are you sir?"

"I'm going to be just fine Harry. Now why don't you go take a shower and get ready for bed? Are you going to be ok spending the night here?"

Harry gave a small nod and made to get off the bed to go take his shower. Just as Harry was hopping off the bed Don came back into the room and smiled at the scene in front of him.

"Don't forget to grab your pajamas Harry."

Harry nodded and grabbed his night clothes from the bedside table as he went into the bathroom. As Harry left to go to take a shower Don came over and banished both trays of food back to the kitchens. The Healer then presented another potion for Severus to take.

"This is the last fever reducer you have to take Severus. By tomorrow, you should be as right as rain."

Severus slightly scowled at the phrase the Healer had decided to use, but be did take the potion and chugged it back wincing slightly as it his sore throat.

"Do you want me to apply that cream to your chest again?"

Severus gave a slight nod so Don came over and opened the jar of cream he would need. As he did so Severus started to unbutton his top and relax back onto the pillows.

Smiling Don came a bit closer to the bed and scooped up a big glob of cream into his hand. He then gently smoothed it over Severus's chest. Most of the mucus was gone from the man's lungs, and Don was grateful that there was no more need for that mucus cream. Even though at the time it had been horrible, every time Severus had one of his coughing fits it had gotten rid of all the crud and had eliminated the need for that cream.

In just a few minutes, Don was finished applying the cream and was buttoning Severus's top back up.

"Why don't you go back to sleep now Severus and I'll take care of Harry."

Severus nodded and slipped back down into the bed closing his eyes almost immediately. Even though he had slept for most of the day, the sickness was really taking everything out of him.

Smiling Don looked down at his now sleeping patient the Healer tucked the covers up to Severus's chin.

A few moments later a shy wet haired boy emerged from the bathroom. Walking over to the boy's bed Don smiled and pulled the covers down so Harry could hop in.

"Come get into bed Harry. You had a long day and need some sleep."

Harry nodded and jumped into bed as Don pulled the covers up covering him completely.

"Did you remember to brush your teeth?"

Harry nodded slowly blushing. Seeing the blush Don smiled.

"Sleep tight Harry. Remember all you need to do is call me if you need anything. There is a charm on your bed that will let me know if you have any nightmares and if you do I will be here as soon as I can"

Harry nodded as his tired eyes started to close on him. Don smiled, and repositioned the small toy so Harry had better access to it if he felt the need to hug it close and was rewarded when the child reached out and grabbed it almost instinctively.

With that Don checked Severus one last time to see whether he was sleeping peacefully and when he saw the man was he noxed the lights and quietly excited the room.